ADVERTISEMENT

Facilities: Fact vs fiction

bdtyson

Bull Gator
Gold Member
Dec 15, 2007
I admit I get tired of the facilities talk. I ignore about half of what I read here but that perception continues to frustrate me especially among our fans. So I did some research:

In 2014 bleacher report ranked the ten most appealing football facilities and we were top ten.

USA today ranked top football stadiums and we were top ten.

I can't find an overall ranking for athletic facilities but UF ranked number one athletic program in the country according to business insider.

As celtics mentioned in another thread our basketball training center is very nice and getting better. We are pumping 60 million into the Odome. Our other sports have some of the best venues period.

I just think a lack of IPF has carried this conversation way further than is realistic. That issue is also getting addresses. We have dumped over 40 million into the football facilities in the last ten years and that doesn't include the IPF. We may not be Oregon but we have nice facilities.

I just think with losing people are trying to pick on anything possible now. We also continue to be one of the most profitable programs and I do think foley doesn't want to mortgage the farm. At one point I read articles about Tennessee athletics going bankrupt. And yes this has been beat to death but yet I continue to see jabs in almost every thread.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News