ADVERTISEMENT

F.S.U. 17 pt. dogs at home?

Did I read an FSU fan try to claim that Francois may be the worst QB ever?

Listen...I understand your frustration...but you might want to consult the experts on bad QB play.

You're local Gator fan should be able to help.

It’s not all on Taggart.

Almost a year ago today, FSU lost 35-3 to Boston College and was something like 2-5. That was with Jimbo.

As with others, I’m starting to suspect that Jimbo saw problems with the current roster and decided to skip town while his star was high enough to get a $75 million contract. If he had waited another year, his seat might have been getting warm by now and he would have been kicking himself for not taking the crazy money while rich Texans were willing to throw it at him.

Basically, Jimbo pulled a more respectable version of an Urban before the extent of the rot was clear.

It’s not all on Taggart.

Almost a year ago today, FSU lost 35-3 to Boston College and was something like 2-5. That was with Jimbo.

As with others, I’m starting to suspect that Jimbo saw problems with the current roster and decided to skip town while his star was high enough to get a $75 million contract. If he had waited another year, his seat might have been getting warm by now and he would have been kicking himself for not taking the crazy money while rich Texans were willing to throw it at him.

Basically, Jimbo pulled a more respectable version of an Urban before the extent of the rot was clear.
Jimbo has never been a great X’s and O’s guy. He’s finding out how much harder it is to win in the SEC versus the ACC. Taggart is obviously even worse than Jimbo with X’s and O’s because Taggart’s offense is worse than McElewains or Muschamps ever was.

Taggart’s next biggest hurdle aside from not being a good coach is he likely just lost the team if he hasn’t already by calling them losers and quitters when in fact based on his history he has been the loser and the quitter.

Jimbo has never been a great X’s and O’s guy. He’s finding out how much harder it is to win in the SEC versus the ACC. Taggart is obviously even worse than Jimbo with X’s and O’s because Taggart’s offense is worse than McElewains or Muschamps ever was.

Taggart’s next biggest hurdle aside from not being a good coach is he likely just lost the team if he hasn’t already by calling them losers and quitters when in fact based on his history he has been the loser and the quitter.

How is Fisher finding it harder to win in the SEC? His record last yr at this time was 2-5 but in this season he is 5-3.

How is Fisher finding it harder to win in the SEC? His record last yr at this time was 2-5 but in this season he is 5-3.
Your kidding right? So your just basing it all of what he did last season at FSU when he already had 1 foot out the door and had a true freshmen QB. Not even taking into consideration all his other years at FSU??

Of course it is harder to win in the SEC. Do you really think the ACC is tough?

It’s not all on Taggart.

I've been saying this, Jimbo got out of dodge. FSU has been going downhill since 2014 and if not for players like Cook it would have been obvious well before now. In 2014 even though FSU went to the playoffs with a team where every starter got drafted or something ridiculous like that they trailed by double digits in something like 9 of 12 regular season games, that's pathetic. 2015 lost 3 games, 2016 lost 3 games, 2017 lost 6 games... see a trend? And to your point was something like 3-5 through 8 games, FSU had to reschedule a cupcake just to keep their bowl streak alive.

Towards the end Jimbo went star chasing without regards to team needs. Always had top 5 classes but neglected areas like oline. Or would sign 2-3 QB's in one class or 2-3 highly ranked runningbacks which inflated rankings but didn't address all the needs of the team. They aren't that talented. Jimbo's staff also sucked, guys like Trickett and Charles Kelly were overmatched. Jimbo was/is a fraud. Lost 3-4 games every year save for those two Winston years with superior rosters then ran the program into the ground and bailed.

He needs to rattle some cages. In my opinion, he’s been a little too easy going. Maybe that’s a West Coast thing? I’m used to ill-tempered country boys raising hell.

Let the second and third string guys play in place of the guys who gave up during the game. People should have to earn and keep earning the starting slots. If you stop performing, you ride the bench and someone else gets a shot.

I've been saying this, Jimbo got out of dodge. FSU has been going downhill since 2014 and if not for players like Cook it would have been obvious well before now. In 2014 even though FSU went to the playoffs with a team where every starter got drafted or something ridiculous like that they trailed by double digits in something like 9 of 12 regular season games, that's pathetic. 2015 lost 3 games, 2016 lost 3 games, 2017 lost 6 games... see a trend? And to your point was something like 3-5 through 8 games, FSU had to reschedule a cupcake just to keep their bowl streak alive.

Towards the end Jimbo went star chasing without regards to team needs. Always had top 5 classes but neglected areas like oline. Or would sign 2-3 QB's in one class or 2-3 highly ranked runningbacks which inflated rankings but didn't address all the needs of the team. They aren't that talented. Jimbo's staff also sucked, guys like Trickett and Charles Kelly were overmatched. Jimbo was/is a fraud. Lost 3-4 games every year save for those two Winston years with superior rosters then ran the program into the ground and bailed.

Dalvin Cook definitely disguised problems. In 2015 and 2016, we probably would have lost 2-3 more games. The 2012-2014 teams were legit, though. As others have noted in the past. Jimbo changed over his divorce.

But, basically, Taggart is getting blamed for Jimbo’s mess. It’s gonna take a couple years before we know if Taggart can turn it around.

Last edited:
No offense, but this post is silly. Fisher was in his 7th season as HC at FSU when he won 10 games w/ Francois. I also don't know when having a 10-3 season as a starter made you a good QB. FSU went 10-3 with Chris Rix and won the ACC with Drew Weatherford. UF went 11-2 with Jeff Driskel. Was he good? As for last year - you realize Blackman was a true freshman, right? Francois is a RS-JR and still sucks. For the record, I'm far from convinced that Blackman is the answer. Might as well play him the rest of the season and see what he can do in this system though. It can't be any worse. Taggart is likely going to have get a grad transfer like Hurts or roll with Howell next season. He can't keep putting 12 out there though. The sample size is too large at this point to come to any other conclusion than Francois is simply not a good QB.

Hurts isn't going to take a pay cut so whatever Nole booster gives his auntie a well paid job will have to pay some overtime as well.

Hurts isn't going to take a pay cut so whatever Nole booster gives his auntie a well paid job will have to pay some overtime as well.

Doubt he comes here, but it would be an upgrade over Frenchie. Hurts at least knows how to run.

Your kidding right? So your just basing it all of what he did last season at FSU when he already had 1 foot out the door and had a true freshmen QB. Not even taking into consideration all his other years at FSU??

Of course it is harder to win in the SEC. Do you really think the ACC is tough?

They're your goalposts, so move them any way you want to. Your statement was JF/ACC/SEC not simply ACCvsSEC. JF has this yr . as SEC head coach so yes, that's the comparison there is. JF has lost to Bama, Miss St and the only ACC he's played- Clemson. He may have hoped to beat Miss ST. but I doubt he was shocked at losing the other two. Should Tamu win out, it's about his avg. w/l at FSU. For yr one, that would be impressive especially as ( according to you) he's not great at X/O and these aren't his players.

Wow a lot of words... no facts but full of rage. I guess the Noles recent streak has festered. Truth is FSU averaged a top 25 SOS for 20+ years with 8 yrs in the top 10 or 11 SOS. Certainly seems the streaks will end this season.

I hate noles. I’ll be ignoring you. Nothing a nole says is worth hearing. Go away

Willie says he is gonna get this crap corrected and he is reviewing film to see if some guys need to be taken off the field for lack of effort or something similar.

8 games into it and he’s just now reviewing film to see who’s been putting forth effort? Has he not been on the sidelines during all 8 games?

The AD and President should fired for this hire fevered - brain

Doubt he comes here, but it would be an upgrade over Frenchie. Hurts at least knows how to run.
Hey was if you that said just a few weeks ago before the Miami games that every game left on the schedule is winnable including the Clemson game? Or was that somebody else (hardliner)

Hey was if you that said just a few weeks ago before the Miami games that every game left on the schedule is winnable including the Clemson game? Or was that somebody else (hardliner)

Well, technically every game is in fact winnable, but I don't think that was me. Didn't think we had much of a shot vs. Clemson, but figured it would be a 31-14 type game and not a 50 point loss. I did think we'd be in the ballpark of double digit wins heading into the season though so there's that. Kinda figured this system would be easier to pick up than a pro-style offense. Francois is completely incapable of running this O though. Running the zone read is a staple of this offense and 12 can neither zone read or run. Bad combination.

Taggart called some of his players “losers”. How ironic since he’s the coach with a losing career record.

He’s right though, at least mostly right. Take out the word “some” and he would be correct about every one of his players, every student up ther, every single fan and alum, and any and all of the toothless idiots who just root for them. They all quit. They always have. You don’t go to f$u bc you want to be challenged and play the toughest comp in the country. You go there bc you DON’T want to be challenged and want to be able to take it easy and put in minimal effort and still be able to roll over the dukes and wake forests of the world. Hopefully they’ll be the cupcakes if that conference going forward. That would be justice.

noles... I ignore you. All of you. Your opinion doesn’t matter and isn’t important. Wasting your time replying shows once again how stupid you are. But hey, if you’re angrily firing off angry missives at people who don’t care what you think and won’t read it, at least you won’t be doing anything harmful before you crap your pants.

Well, technically every game is in fact winnable, but I don't think that was me. Didn't think we had much of a shot vs. Clemson, but figured it would be a 31-14 type game and not a 50 point loss. I did think we'd be in the ballpark of double digit wins heading into the season though so there's that. Kinda figured this system would be easier to pick up than a pro-style offense. Francois is completely incapable of running this O though. Running the zone read is a staple of this offense and 12 can neither zone read or run. Bad combination.
What is with this talk about zone read and running the QB? I don’t think Taggart runs the QB that much. He didn’t do it at Oregon. Just did it as USF. But isn’t Taggart recruiting pro style QBs? He’s not recruiting dual threat QBs I don’t believe.
Franks is actually a worse fit than Francois is for that type of offense. Mullen is just a much better QB coach/developer of QBs.

What is with this talk about zone read and running the QB? I don’t think Taggart runs the QB that much. He didn’t do it at Oregon. Just did it as USF. But isn’t Taggart recruiting pro style QBs? He’s not recruiting dual threat QBs I don’t believe.
Franks is actually a worse fit than Francois is for that type of offense. Mullen is just a much better QB coach/developer of QBs.

I think Sam Howell is listed as a pro-style QB on Rivals, but that's just Rivals being Rivals. He rushed for 1,594 yards and 24 touchdowns as a junior. He's definitely a dual threat guy.

He’s right though, at least mostly right. Take out the word “some” and he would be correct about every one of his players, every student up ther, every single fan and alum, and any and all of the toothless idiots who just root for them. They all quit. They always have. You don’t go to f$u bc you want to be challenged and play the toughest comp in the country. You go there bc you DON’T want to be challenged and want to be able to take it easy and put in minimal effort and still be able to roll over the dukes and wake forests of the world. Hopefully they’ll be the cupcakes if that conference going forward. That would be justice.

noles... I ignore you. All of you. Your opinion doesn’t matter and isn’t important. Wasting your time replying shows once again how stupid you are. But hey, if you’re angrily firing off angry missives at people who don’t care what you think and won’t read it, at least you won’t be doing anything harmful before you crap your pants.

Wow. Lighten up Francis. The ONLY angry rants are yours.

Wow. Lighten up Francis. The ONLY angry rants are yours.

Maybe I'm biased because over the last 15 years I've had many nole fans that I consider great posters, (9399, nolesfan911, my boy igloo and others) but yeah....this guy is way over the top about his hatred of Noles.

Edit: I'll add that....I think....you're a generally alright one, but I can't really remember because your name has never stood out enough.

I mean...you all look alike , right?

So the guy that won you a NC left the team in disarray and the guy who has never won at a Power 5 program is having o come in and clean up his mess?

Hmmmm....maybe. Meanwhile, Jimbo is at A&M and has them ranked, and they weren't nearly as good as the FSU team he left Willie to work with.
I know you guys hate FSU and all but if you think Jimbo will do anything but win in the short-term in College Station you haven't been paying attention. FSU is where they are because Jimbo is a sleazy guy who instills a toxic culture. It took him a few years but his lack of true character eventually killed FSU. If I was Texas A&M I'd be awfully nervous about giving that guy $75 million dollars because my guess is it'll end just as bad at A&M. They'll win some in his first few years but the longer he's there the worse it will get. He's got the arrogance of Saban and the program sustaining ability of Muschamp.

Program sustainability as Muschamp? What program has Muschamp even sustained at?

For someone who doesn't care about FSU, you sure care a lot about FSU.

Maybe I'm biased because over the last 15 years I've had many nole fans that I consider great posters, (9399, nolesfan911, my boy igloo and others) but yeah....this guy is way over the top about his hatred of Noles.

Edit: I'll add that....I think....you're a generally alright one, but I can't really remember because your name has never stood out enough.

So now your going all racist? I kid. I try to bring facts ( positive for FSU if possible) to the board not too many of my opinions-- it's a Gator board and my opinions on our teams are not of much value. I did sign right up for Sad's " sh!theads and a$$holes" list though.

I’m assuming you’re responding to a post about me? I don’t see it bc I ignore noles. As per usual, even though I tell them this, they respond to my posts anyway as if further proof were needed that they’re idiots.

There are no “good” noles, and you can’t go too far in hating the noles. Nothing is too good for them. Prison is too good for them.

You must be talking about IHateFSU, or whoever he is. He seems like a legit psycho. But unlike InstaGator, he is not particularly entertaining, so I put him on ignore.

If you're gonna be nuts, at least be fun.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT