ADVERTISEMENT

F.S.U. 17 pt. dogs at home?

gatorshime

Gator Great
Jan 30, 2002
That has to be the largest spread for them since pre-Bobby Bowden. I can’t ever remember us being that much of a dog in the Swamp. Thinking about calling my imaginary Bookie and taking the points.

Taggart is terrible. I’ve never seen such a waste of talent.

They have 65 yards at halftime

Reactions: ih8f$u
Clearly the oddsmakers missed the mark. 17 points was off by a mile.

Clemson scored 52 points in the 2nd and 3rd quarters. They didn’t even wake up and realize they were playing the game until late in the first qtr.

While i doubt the Taggart is going to be the guy to fix this, the problems started under Jimbo. He left us in ruins much like Meyer did to you guys.

While i doubt the Taggart is going to be the guy to fix this, the problems started under Jimbo. He left us in ruins much like Meyer did to you guys.
Didnt you love the hire initially? Taggart is terrible. He’s doing it with loads of talent. Didn’t Jimbo Fisher recruit top 5 after top 5 classes? The FSU team isn’t just losing but they are getting blown out.

Didnt you love the hire initially? Taggart is terrible. He’s doing it with loads of talent. Didn’t Jimbo Fisher recruit top 5 after top 5 classes? The FSU team isn’t just losing but they are getting blown out.

I was ambivalent about the hire. Talent is an issue at some spots but there is no leadership and many players have an entitled attitude. If the team looks anything close to this next season then Taggart will be in trouble.

Taggart is terrible. I’ve never seen such a waste of talent.

They have 65 yards at halftime

I'm not sure it's that much of a waste of talent. Francois may very well be the worst QB in the history of the sport and the OL sucks. Going to have to get some new personnel in there for 2019. May very well be starting a true freshman QB next year. I'm still perplexed at what they saw in camp to lead them to start Francois over Blackman/Hockman. He is absolutely terrible.

Reactions: 96FSU
I'm not sure it's that much of a waste of talent. Francois may very well be the worst QB in the history of the sport and the OL sucks. Going to have to get some new personnel in there for 2019. May very well be starting a true freshman QB next year. I'm still perplexed at what they saw in camp to lead them to start Francois over Blackman/Hockman. He is absolutely terrible.
Huh? Francois did pretty darn good under Fisher when he was healthy and now he sucks?

Huh? Francois did pretty darn good under Fisher when he was healthy and now he sucks?

I'm guessing that by "pretty darn good under Fisher" you mean he had 2 good games against awful defenses (Mississippi & Charleston Southern) to start his career and has been terrible ever since?

I'm guessing that by "pretty darn good under Fisher" you mean he had 2 good games against awful defenses (Mississippi & Charleston Southern) to start his career and has been terrible ever since?
Didnt FSU go 10-3 with Francois as the QB when he was a freshmen? I don’t think you can pin it all on him. Now FSU is already 4-4. Let’s be honest. Taggart is really really bad.

Didnt FSU go 10-3 with Francois as the QB when he was a freshmen? I don’t think you can pin it all on him. Now FSU is already 4-4. Let’s be honest. Taggart is really really bad.

If Louisville had any balls they’d be 3-5. They really screwed college football over by laying down and letting them win. The chance of them winning 3 now is nearly impossible. They might be able to win 2. They deserve having their meaningless bowl streak snapped. Hopefully before taggart leaves he’ll lead them to an 0-11 season

As bad as the acc is traditionally, 10-3 is a disaster. For 20+ years, they basically played 2 meaningful games a year. Every once in awhile a random acc team would have a good year, so the worst record they should ever have had would be 3 losses. If us or Miami was having a down year, then take one of those away. Every 15 years or so, both of us were down, and they basically got a bunch of practice games all season, and even then they’ve never managed a title that wasn’t tainted. They live and die with Prima donnas and bullies. If the ncaa cared at all about hw a program was run they would shut them down and use them as an example of everything wrong with sports, America, and humanity. The sooner a volcano erupts and covers all traces of tallahasse the better off we will all be

As bad as the acc is traditionally, 10-3 is a disaster. For 20+ years, they basically played 2 meaningful games a year. Every once in awhile a random acc team would have a good year, so the worst record they should ever have had would be 3 losses. If us or Miami was having a down year, then take one of those away. Every 15 years or so, both of us were down, and they basically got a bunch of practice games all season, and even then they’ve never managed a title that wasn’t tainted. They live and die with Prima donnas and bullies. If the ncaa cared at all about hw a program was run they would shut them down and use them as an example of everything wrong with sports, America, and humanity. The sooner a volcano erupts and covers all traces of tallahasse the better off we will all be
Lol talking about tainted titles. Half of your Meyer teams should have been in prison.

Yes. What is your point?
Fisher was able to win some games with Francois as a freshmen. Your blaming Francois for your season when as a freshmen he was the starting QB that won 10 games. How did FSU do last year without Francois? Now you have him back and FSU is still terrible. That leads to terrible coaching unless you think the coaching has been good this year?

Fisher was able to win some games with Francois as a freshmen. Your blaming Francois for your season when as a freshmen he was the starting QB that won 10 games. How did FSU do last year without Francois? Now you have him back and FSU is still terrible. That leads to terrible coaching unless you think the coaching has been good this year?

No offense, but this post is silly. Fisher was in his 7th season as HC at FSU when he won 10 games w/ Francois. I also don't know when having a 10-3 season as a starter made you a good QB. FSU went 10-3 with Chris Rix and won the ACC with Drew Weatherford. UF went 11-2 with Jeff Driskel. Was he good? As for last year - you realize Blackman was a true freshman, right? Francois is a RS-JR and still sucks. For the record, I'm far from convinced that Blackman is the answer. Might as well play him the rest of the season and see what he can do in this system though. It can't be any worse. Taggart is likely going to have get a grad transfer like Hurts or roll with Howell next season. He can't keep putting 12 out there though. The sample size is too large at this point to come to any other conclusion than Francois is simply not a good QB.

Wow a lot of words... no facts but full of rage. I guess the Noles recent streak has festered. Truth is FSU averaged a top 25 SOS for 20+ years with 8 yrs in the top 10 or 11 SOS. Certainly seems the streaks will end this season.

We have a lot of problems; some of them are weaknesses that Fisher left us, but the coaching change definitely magnified them. No doubt we'd be better this season if Jimbo was still here, but I'm not at all certain that we'd be better off in the long run. He looked like he'd burned out in Tally, and he'd certainly burnt a lot of bridges that need to be there to have continued success.
Our OL is a disaster - the result of a number of things. Missed on some recruits, lack of development by the prior coaching staff; lost our best one to disciplinary action, then had several decide to transfer or give up football when JF bolted, which left us low on numbers - then a lot of injury issues with the guys who're still here. Can't pin that on Taggart. However, he's made things worse by sticking with his offensive plan - which is entirely different than the style for which our talent is suited. The QBs we have would both be fine in a drop-back passing style, and our backs are good if you play a pro style running game. Our WRs are best-suited for a downfield passing attack. It's no coincidence that the few times this season that we've looked decent on offense was when we were slinging it downfield. We have virtually nobody who will thrive in Taggart's "gulf coast offense." WTs lack of ability to adapt the offense to what's here is by far my biggest criticism of him (for comparison, Meyer won his first NC by adjusting his preferred offensive style to mesh with Leak & what he did best; I've always thought that of all of the NCs won by any of the state schools, that was the best coaching job of the bunch, for that reason).

No offense, but this post is silly. Fisher was in his 7th season as HC at FSU when he won 10 games w/ Francois. I also don't know when having a 10-3 season as a starter made you a good QB. FSU went 10-3 with Chris Rix and won the ACC with Drew Weatherford. UF went 11-2 with Jeff Driskel. Was he good? As for last year - you realize Blackman was a true freshman, right? Francois is a RS-JR and still sucks. For the record, I'm far from convinced that Blackman is the answer. Might as well play him the rest of the season and see what he can do in this system though. It can't be any worse. Taggart is likely going to have get a grad transfer like Hurts or roll with Howell next season. He can't keep putting 12 out there though. The sample size is too large at this point to come to any other conclusion than Francois is simply not a good QB.

With that O line Starvin Marvin would have literally got broken in half if he started at QB.

Wow just saw the final score. I dunno......a 49-point loss at home?

When Florida beats FSU and the Seminoles end the season with a losing record, does Willie get fired?

Has a Power 5 coach ever gotten fired in his first season?

Anybody here who thinks that trip to Tallahassee is going to be easy is crazy.

That being said, their radio color guy (William Floyd?) said the entire team “quit” yesterday. That was surprising. Hope they quit against us, but we won’t be that lucky.

Taggart himself stated in his post game interview that many players quit and that several guys will not play here any more. Numerous upperclassmen on this team are completely toxic. The young guys actually show promise. It's the veterans that suck.

Wow just saw the final score. I dunno......a 49-point loss at home?

When Florida beats FSU and the Seminoles end the season with a losing record, does Willie get fired?

Has a Power 5 coach ever gotten fired in his first season?

Fired? Would cost about 20 Million. Gotta give him 3 years but, given his talent he inherited he should be about 6-2 not 4-4.

Taggart himself stated in his post game interview that many players quit and that several guys will not play here any more. Numerous upperclassmen on this team are completely toxic. The young guys actually show promise. It's the veterans that suck.

So the guy that won you a NC left the team in disarray and the guy who has never won at a Power 5 program is having o come in and clean up his mess?

Hmmmm....maybe. Meanwhile, Jimbo is at A&M and has them ranked, and they weren't nearly as good as the FSU team he left Willie to work with.

Willie says he is gonna get this crap corrected and he is reviewing film to see if some guys need to be taken off the field for lack of effort or something similar.

Willie says he is gonna get this crap corrected and he is reviewing film to see if some guys need to be taken off the field for lack of effort or something similar.

I can save Willie the time and tell him that Francois and Murray should never play another down for this program.

Fired? Would cost about 20 Million. Gotta give him 3 years but, given his talent he inherited he should be about 6-2 not 4-4.

Willie Taggart 4-4
Chip Kelly 2-6
Scott Frost 2-6

Has a Power 5 coach ever been fired after one season? This might be the year.

I can save Willie the time and tell him that Francois and Murray should never play another down for this program.
lol Knowing my luck you guys will finally put Starvin Marvin in for the Gators game and he will have a good game.

Willie Taggart 4-4
Chip Kelly 2-6
Scott Frost 2-6

Has a Power 5 coach ever been fired after one season? This might be the year.
I could see Kelly just walking away if next year is bad again. I think by year 3 Frost will be contending for the BIg 10 championship game due to the side he is on.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT