ADVERTISEMENT

Does our Defense have the right to talk smack?!?!?!?

I think most OU fans would just write this off as exuberance by a young player. The thing that always puzzles us is conference chest pounding rather then the team. There have been numerous years when our conference has had tremendous strength but you never hear anyone, player or fan brag on the conference. The Aggies are the worst. It's like A&M got sprinkled with SEC pixy dust. No one questions the strength of the strength of the SEC. This game is about the Gators and the Sooners.

Every defender, have they be starter or backup...every defensive coach have they be the coordinator, position coach, or analyst needs to not say one damn word have it be via the mouth or their twitter fingers.

20th ranked defense statistically-Oklahoma defense yards allowed per game 333. Points per game 22. Yards per play allowed 5.
Florida is the 62nd ranked defense out of 127 ranked teams. Yards allowed per game 404 and 28.6 points per game. Yards per play allowed 5.7.
Our defensive players need to watch film and not speak or tweet.

The thing that always puzzles us is conference chest pounding ...
Yeah...well...you’re in the Big 12...

it-just-means-more-2-1200x600.jpg

Yeah...well...you’re in the Big 12...

it-just-means-more-2-1200x600.jpg
Yeah I wouldn’t see how anybody in the Big 12 would do any chest pounding. It hasn’t exactly been a stellar conference as of late. When was the last time a team won a natty from the Big 12? I think 2005 with Texas.

The thing that always puzzles us is conference chest pounding rather then the team. There have been numerous years when our conference has had tremendous strength but you never hear anyone, player or fan brag on the conference.
You seem like a good poster and seem logical, etc but what years were those when the Big 12 had tremendous strength? It’s been 15 years since any team has even won a national title from the conference.

You seem like a good poster and seem logical, etc but what years were those when the Big 12 had tremendous strength? It’s been 15 years since any team has even won a national title from the conference.
Think about this. Two different teams from the ACC have won national championships since the big 12 won one. And it’s finally dawned on me what the B1G means. Only ONE decent team.

Reactions: gatordad3
I'm even more sick of the smack stuff that is done on the field these days. A player will get his ass abused, run over, around, or get burnt deep all game long. Then suddenly they make one tackle or intercept a deflected pass, and they are pounding their chest like Tarzan and dancing on the field. The NFL is notorious for this, and it's trickling down. How about just playing hard leave it at that?

Guys, I am 79 years old. I have lived through the entire modern era of OU football. There have been many years when our conference was great and years when it was down. As an OU fan I could care less about how other members of our conference do. I will put up are history and resume up against any SEC school, including Alabama, who, by the way, we have a winning record against. There is no question that the Tide under Saban has had a remarkable run...unparalleled in college football history. Alabama is one of the 5 greatest programs in college football history...so are we.

Guys, I am 79 years old. I have lived through the entire modern era of OU football. There have been many years when our conference was great and years when it was down. As an OU fan I could care less about how other members of our conference do. I will put up are history and resume up against any SEC school, including Alabama, who, by the way, we have a winning record against. There is no question that the Tide under Saban has had a remarkable run...unparalleled in college football history. Alabama is one of the 5 greatest programs in college football history...so are we.
Barry Switzer invented the CFB inmate system. The U has nothing on you guys, you're still king of the hill. 😂

Yes OU had quite a history. No debating that However in the modern era maybe not as much. Yes OU had lots of very good teams under Stoops. Lots of near misses for more titles, but OUs last national title was 2000 and the time before that was 1985. At least it hasn’t been 40 years since your last national title like UGA.

Yes OU had quite a history. No debating that However in the modern era maybe not as much. Yes OU had lots of very good teams under Stoops. Lots of near misses for more titles, but OUs last national title was 2000 and the time before that was 1985. At least it hasn’t been 40 years since your last national title like UGA.

Modern era: WW2-2020> OU #1. Inmate asylum? At least we've never had anyone convicted of murder. The Big 12 is what it is today. You really don't want to compare history do you?

Reactions: GwinnettDawg
I'm even more sick of the smack stuff that is done on the field these days. A player will get his ass abused, run over, around, or get burnt deep all game long. Then suddenly they make one tackle or intercept a deflected pass, and they are pounding their chest like Tarzan and dancing on the field. The NFL is notorious for this, and it's trickling down. How about just playing hard leave it at that?
That would be our very own Marco Wilson.

Reactions: Gator Fever
20th ranked defense statistically-Oklahoma defense yards allowed per game 333. Points per game 22. Yards per play allowed 5.
Florida is the 62nd ranked defense out of 127 ranked teams. Yards allowed per game 404 and 28.6 points per game. Yards per play allowed 5.7.
Our defensive players need to watch film and not speak or tweet.
And this is exactly what insta defends.:confused:

And this is exactly what insta defends.:confused:

While the blond woman tries to gloss over and forget both:
2018 - #9 D in the Nation
2019 - #7 D in the Nation
With consecutive NY-6 Bowl wins...
After coming into a total cluster that was full of holes at critical positions.

While the blond woman tries to gloss over and forget both:
2018 - #9 D in the Nation
2019 - #7 D in the Nation
With consecutive NY-6 Bowl wins...
After coming into a total cluster that was full of holes at critical positions.
What does 2018 and 2019 have to do with 2020? Those rankings also didn't mean squat against Kentucky, Georgia during those two seasons, Mizzou and LSU.

In your own limited mind, obviously nothing at all.
Coaching incompetence happens in just one Co-V season, just like always.... 😏

His rap at Louisville etc. has always been having real bad breakdowns 2-3 games a year despite final year numbers that look decent taken by themselves. So even if he reverts back to the usual its not a good sign to winning the SEC and making the playoff.

Reactions: gatordad3
I think most OU fans would just write this off as exuberance by a young player. The thing that always puzzles us is conference chest pounding rather then the team. There have been numerous years when our conference has had tremendous strength but you never hear anyone, player or fan brag on the conference. The Aggies are the worst. It's like A&M got sprinkled with SEC pixy dust. No one questions the strength of the strength of the SEC. This game is about the Gators and the Sooners.

The SEC is notorious for leg humping each other for some reason.... However... Look at their contract that they just signed.. ACC needs to do some lumping for that money

His rap at Louisville etc. has always been having real bad breakdowns 2-3 games a year despite final year numbers that look decent taken by themselves. So even if he reverts back to the usual its not a good sign to winning the SEC and making the playoff.
3rd and Grantham is real as you niw know. He was the same way at Georgia. Dawg Nation was ecstatic when Louisville “stole” him away.

Really?!?!? Look Gramps, no disrespect or anything, but any National Title your fan base could have danced the jitterbug celebrating ain’t “modern”...just sayin’
I can understand why the gator fanbase thinks football started when you hired Spurrier. Of course there's that beatdown by the Huskers on the record.

The 'Queen of Hearts' type of Gator fans are just tiring....
ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz

The hiring of "Queen of Defensive Coordinators" are also tiring...getting pretty old if you ask me. Appears Florida cant balance its Coaching staff for some odd reason...

The SEC is notorious for leg humping each other for some reason.... However... Look at their contract that they just signed.. ACC needs to do some lumping for that money

Whatever the reason, SEC fans are more interested in their brother conference teams than fans of other conferences are. This boosts TV ratings, which boosts ad revenue, which boosts payouts. Combine that with all the championship success and the result is the SEC being the crown jewel of CFB, and being paid accordingly. So of course, with all that money, SEC teams will build the best player amenities and pay more to acquire premium coaches, perpetuating the cycle.

Whatever the reason, SEC fans are more interested in their brother conference teams than fans of other conferences are. This boosts TV ratings, which boosts ad revenue, which boosts payouts. Combine that with all the championship success and the result is the SEC being the crown jewel of CFB, and being paid accordingly. So of course, with all that money, SEC teams will build the best player amenities and pay more to acquire premium coaches, perpetuating the cycle.

Its a perspective... Its not always reality but reality doesnt matter. Espn has the most invested in the SEC so they are rated to make them look better and always benefit from falling less in the rankings. As you saw this season tho, UF beat by OU, UGA needed a miracle to beat Cincy, look at Auburn and Northwestern.... If not for saban and bama, i dont think the SEC would be revered as the best conference. Bama has consistently held them at the top. The leg humping continues

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT