ADVERTISEMENT

Dems, quit talkin' guns when your laws/bureaucracy can't stop this latest one that SCREAMS for someone not having a gun.

You said:

"I mean, if your platform is really about saving lives, why aren't you more concerned with heart disease killing 700k people a year when guns are less than 50k (and only 43% if that number are homicides)?

And cancer kills 600k, over 10X what guns do....where's your cancer soapbox?"

Sounded to me like you wanted less focus on gun violence because diseases kill more.
Sounded to the rest of us that he's asking why you aren't even more concerned with other causes of death.

You don't care about those causes of death, only the deaths that result from a gun. That's why you believe that eliminating the guns eliminates gun violence and that solves everything.

This is how emotionally imbalanced people think. Putting it kindly.

Reactions: gatordad3
It’s more like fear of criminals with guns.
Which is real and justified.
No he's been clear, he wants everyone to be limited to (1) pellet, bb, or 22 cal bolt action and that satisfies the "bearing arms" requirement of the 2A.

But that's only because the 2A is clear, I'm fairly certain he'd love it if all guns were confiscated and outlawed.

You new here?

No he's been clear, he wants everyone to be limited to (1) pellet, bb, or 22 cal bolt action and that satisfies the "bearing arms" requirement of the 2A.

But that's only because the 2A is clear, I'm fairly certain he'd love it if all guns were confiscated and outlawed.

You new here?
New? Hope that was made in jest.

I feel like I'm 'debating' someone in a cult.

Me: Don't you girls feel like Charlie is manipulating you for evil purposes?

Manson girls: No. Charlie is wonderful and he loves us very much.
Since you have NEVER...not ONCE brought any facts in ANY of your discussions....call people cultists! LOLOLOL You have been knocked the F out in this discussion. Move on...you lost.

You said:

"I mean, if your platform is really about saving lives, why aren't you more concerned with heart disease killing 700k people a year when guns are less than 50k (and only 43% if that number are homicides)?

And cancer kills 600k, over 10X what guns do....where's your cancer soapbox?"

Sounded to me like you wanted less focus on gun violence because diseases kill more.
That's exactly what I said.

You're terrified of guns, so you've built up the actual threat to exceed causes of death that are 10X more impactful, proving it's not about life and death for you, it's about your own personal hang ups.

Which is why you accuse anyone with a literal, historical read on the 2A of being in a "cult". It normalizes the irrational paranoia in your own mind. Everyone who disagrees with you, despite grounding their argument in facts, data and historical examples, has to be crazy...

So keep coming up with fantasy hypotheticals, keep ignoring solid facts and statistics, keep calling anyone who disagrees with you names, keep on with the ridiculous straw men and analogies...you are proving the counterpoint every time you do.

Guns don't cause death.

If there was one statement that perfectly reflected gun nut mentality, that might be it.
And just like that we're full circle...

If only we could get rid of all the things that cause death, we'd all live in a perfect world!

We're working on both, but you're changing the argument because it destroys your premise.

- The goal here is saving lives
- We have widely available products (processed fast food and high fructose corn syrup, for example) that are proven to lead to death and bad health outcomes...costing money, lives and poor life quality for millions
- You're totally ignoring the much more fatal problems facing society because you have an irrational fear of inanimate objects...

The bottom line is you don't really care about life or death, or impacting society in a positive way...you just care about getting rid of inanimate objects that you're afraid of.

He's not willing to have an honest conversation or debate on the subject. He's just trolling.

Reactions: fatman76
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT