ADVERTISEMENT

Del Rio

Yep, a 'convincing win' but with an average to poor showing by the QB's against a crappy defense.
Do not disagree with that assessment at all.

One can consider the good coming from the game, while admitting room for improvement in a variety of areas.

Do not disagree with that assessment at all.

One can consider the good coming from the game, while admitting room for improvement in a variety of areas.

That's fine with me, we are all entitled to our own different opinions.

In 3 quarters: LDR was 14 of 25, 56% for 186 yds, 0 TD's.

In 1 quarter: AA was 2 of 4, 50% for 30 yds, 0 TD's.

Gator QB's combined: 16 of 29, 55% for 216 yds, ZERO TD's.

~ The good is that the defense, OL and RB's carried the team and won the game.
~ The media-morons moved UF up 3 spots to #20, if you want to consider that a plus.

Those QB's will never win a championship with the performance that they have shown so far, imoho anyway.

That's fine with me, we are all entitled to our own different opinions.

In 3 quarters: LDR was 14 of 25, 56% for 186 yds, 0 TD's.

In 1 quarter: AA was 2 of 4, 50% for 30 yds, 0 TD's.

Gator QB's combined: 16 of 29, 55% for 216 yds, ZERO TD's.

~ The good is that the defense, OL and RB's carried the team and won the game.
~ The media-morons moved UF up 3 spots to #20, if you want to consider that a plus.

Those QB's will never win a championship with the performance that they have shown so far, imoho anyway.
I'm pretty sure he just agreed with you will giving an opinion...just because you post a bunch of stats doesn't mean you have a good argument.

We can win with Appleby. The question is...win what? Anything significant? I doubt it. Maybe (hopefully) he proves everybody wrong but nothing points to that. He's a twice benched QB who transferred here because he lost his job to some unknown freshman. And he didn't look that comfortable against North Texas either. Thankfully UT isn't very good, so there's a chance.

Looks like 2-3 weeks. Thank God.

We need to circle the wagons next week. At least we have a whole week of practice

LDR is not a VERY good QB. He's a work-around until someone else is ready. His lack of accuracy and arm strength would have been exposed against UT. AA might actually be an upgrade if he reigns in the int's.

He is very good compared to anyone we have had for the past 5 years.

I don't know what you guys are shooting into your veins, but it is a bad thing that LDR is injured and will miss at least 3 games.

Ooz as I read your post I couldn't help but chuckle, seeing how it read almost identically to the popular sentiment towards LDR before this season. Unbelievable irony!

We can win with Appleby. The question is...win what? Anything significant? I doubt it. Maybe (hopefully) he proves everybody wrong but nothing points to that. He's a twice benched QB who transferred here because he lost his job to some unknown freshman. And he didn't look that comfortable against North Texas either. Thankfully UT isn't very good, so there's a chance.
I think the defense will keep us in the game. And if they do, it might be nice to have a competent FG kicker. On that note, while I understood Mac going for it on fourth and short twice yesterday, I was a bit upset he did not give the FG kicker two more chances. If for nothing else giving him more and more practice in game day situations

Reactions: TennesseeGator
Ooz as I read your post I couldn't help but chuckle, seeing how it read almost identically to the popular sentiment towards LDR before this season. Unbelievable irony!

Very true. LDR was an improvement over what we've suffered through, but I still wasn't convinced he could take us where we all want to be, especially not behind that oline.

I think the defense will keep us in the game. And if they do, it might be nice to have a competent FG kicker. On that note, while I understood Mac going for it on fourth and short twice yesterday, I was a bit upset he did not give the FG kicker two more chances. If for nothing else giving him more and more practice in game day situations

Agree. Defense will keep us in the game and I'm thinking they gotta keep UT to 14-17 to win. And I didn't mind those calls at all Mac probably felt like we should be able to line up and run when we need to against that caliber of team. We're clearly still trying to establish an identity oline so I get it from that standpoint.

He looked bad in the game...almost like he's never played...let's hope that he can get things together with a week of practice. Good thing is Mac/Nuss won't ask him to do more then he really can. Everyone around him needs to step their game up.

Fourth best passer in the SEC, both in yardage and in passer rating.

I will take that. Especially given what we have had to contend with for the last several years.
I see u conveniently ignoring the competition level. Three very bad football teams does not a QB make.

Reactions: instaGATOR
Florida quarterback Luke Del Rio's left knee injury may not be as serious as originally feared, at least according to a news report on Saturday.

GridironNow.com's Mike Huguenin reports that Del Rio has a sprained MCL that "will keep him out for at least two games." Huguenin reports that Del Rio "should be back" for the team's game against LSU on Oct. 8.

"It doesn’t look great, so you know what, we’ll do whatever," coach Jim McElwain said after the game. "Somebody else will play, we’ll get some guys ready and move forward and get ready to go play next week. It should be really exciting."

The Gators travel to face the rival Volunteers this weekend in Knoxville, Tenn., with Purdue graduate transfer Austin Appleby expected to start in Del Rio's place. Appleby will be backed up by either true freshman Kyle Trask or Feleipe Franks.

"You want to come here and get an opportunity to play, but you don't want to see one of your friends get hurt," Appleby said Saturday night. "My heart goes out to him, and I'm confident and I'm prayerful that he'll be back with us very shortly and we'll get some good news on him."

I went to the home page, and you couldn't get this information here because not an insider. Silly.

My hope is that Appleby makes it difficult for coaches to go back to Del Rio when he's ready.

InstaGator is incapable of any logical conversation..he will continue to argue his point....EVEN....if you agree with him.

I was in the process of amplifying my own position, not arguing his point.
I'll again quote LG (correctly this time) and just say BLOW ME. :p

(and you apparently confused me with one that needs or seeks agreement)

Last edited:
I went to the home page, and you couldn't get this information here because not an insider. Silly.

My hope is that Appleby makes it difficult for coaches to go back to Del Rio when he's ready.

Not bad, but I'm still wishing that Trask makes it impossible for Mc-Nuss to go back to either of those average QB game managers.... :cool:

Oh he was talking to me but that doesn't really mean much...honestly I think he is almost a personality...I can hardly believe that anyone can really be how he is.

While I have no problem at all in believing that you are exactly how and what you appear to be...o_O

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT