ADVERTISEMENT

Debt ceiling "talks": Maybe McCarthy should tell Biden, take it or leave it.

Orangeclad

Rowdy Reptile
Jul 5, 2001
McCarthy has a plan to raise the debt ceiling. Let's compare it to the Senate plan. Oh, they don't. Put the default on Biden. Oh, but the media will blame republicans. So what, they would anyway, no matter what happens.

Hillary Clinton on national debt 13 years ago:

It undermines our capacity to act in our own interest, and it does constrain us where constraint may be undesirable. And it also sends a message of weakness internationally. It is very troubling to me that we are losing the ability not only to chart our own destiny, but to have the leverage that comes from having this enormously effective economic engine that has powered American values and interests over so many years. So I don’t think we have a choice – it is a question of how we decide to deal with this debt and deficit…. There is no free lunch, and we cannot pretend that there is without doing grave harm to our country and our future generations.”

• Haha
Reactions: Mdfgator
We need to cut the budget in half - for a start…

Twitter lost 80% of their workforce & hasn’t missed a step. I guarantee our Federal Government could do the same…
Yes it could. Trump created a EO to do some of just this...Brandon overturned it on the first day I believe...or shortly after entering office

McCarthy has a plan to raise the debt ceiling. Let's compare it to the Senate plan. Oh, they don't. Put the default on Biden. Oh, but the media will blame republicans. So what, they would anyway, no matter what happens.

Hillary Clinton on national debt 13 years ago:

It undermines our capacity to act in our own interest, and it does constrain us where constraint may be undesirable. And it also sends a message of weakness internationally. It is very troubling to me that we are losing the ability not only to chart our own destiny, but to have the leverage that comes from having this enormously effective economic engine that has powered American values and interests over so many years. So I don’t think we have a choice – it is a question of how we decide to deal with this debt and deficit…. There is no free lunch, and we cannot pretend that there is without doing grave harm to our country and our future generations.”
That will never work because there are not 60 Senators to support that plan.

Trump clearly says we are going to default. CNN chick goes apeshit, a default will shut down the country! No money goes out, everyone dies overnight! Trump said you don't know that. Maybe we'll have a bad day, maybe a bad week, or maybe everything will be fine.

I was listening to a political podcast earlier where they were talking about this. The host was so hung up on the fact that Trump said we WILL default, it's just a matter of when. His point was, he thinks the left is scared to death of us having a real default.....cause then we would see that we get along ok without government. It wouldn't be all of us immediately dying in the streets if we default. We would see that nothing really changed, then we would demand that we cut back on government if we don't need it.

As with other things, why didn't the dems just raise the debt limit back in December when they had total control? Rhetorical!

Reactions: dezyDeco
As with other things, why didn't the dems just raise the debt limit back in December when they had total control? Rhetorical!
Then they couldn't blame Repubs for a default.
The DEMS play 2 games:
1. They force a default and blame Repubs, MSM backs them up;
2. They force Repubs to sign off on massive spending, then claim "Look, our problems are because of the RepuBs massive spending, MSM backs them up.

Reactions: dezyDeco
Then they couldn't blame Repubs for a default.
The DEMS play 2 games:
1. They force a default and blame Repubs, MSM backs them up;
2. They force Repubs to sign off on massive spending, then claim "Look, our problems are because of the RepuBs massive spending, MSM backs them up.
Bingo!

We need to cut the budget in half - for a start…

Twitter lost 80% of their workforce & hasn’t missed a step. I guarantee our Federal Government could do the same…
Cut the FbBI in half and do away with the Dept of Education for a start. Then do away with the huge number of increased IRS agents. That was a B--l S--t move from the get go.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT