ADVERTISEMENT

DCandtheUTBand...

Sunburnt Indian

Bull Gator
Nov 7, 2001
I gave you credit for answering a test directive at our other vacation spot.

Name the primary reason one prefers the English system of measure over the metric system. The correct answer? One prefers the English system of measure over the metric system because he understands neither.

You might find where I gave you credit and enlighten the gang if you so choose. We might have a bit of fun.

launch and driad were born April 26, 1982 at 5:10 AM and 46 seconds. Which one is older? The correct answer is, I don't know. If I knew locations of birth, then I would know if both are the same age or which is older. Time zone or zones.

We can have some fun with this if you'd like. I can slip in a question as I sometimes do and you can slip in an answer if a member doesn't beat you.

I stated, name a month which every 4 years has 29 days. Tulsaaggieson answered, every 4 years all 12 months has 29 days. In my test session, the handful of us who gave this answer received bonus points from the administrator. There are 13 correct answers to the question. I believe someone here once presented this directive.

I have 3 gold coins identical to the eye. One is counterfeit. How does one very quickly define the fake? Answer: I weigh the coins. The two weighing the same are the real McCoys.

Name the primary reason one prefers the English system of measure over the metric system. The correct answer? One prefers the English system of measure over the metric system because he understands neither.

You might find where I gave you credit and enlighten the gang if you so choose. We might have a bit of fun.

launch and driad were born April 26, 1982 at 5:10 AM and 46 seconds. Which one is older? The correct answer is, I don't know. If I knew locations of birth, then I would know if both are the same age or which is older. Time zone or zones.

We can have some fun with this if you'd like. I can slip in a question as I sometimes do and you can slip in an answer if a member doesn't beat you.

I stated, name a month which every 4 years has 29 days. Tulsaaggieson answered, every 4 years all 12 months has 29 days. In my test session, the handful of us who gave this answer received bonus points from the administrator. There are 13 correct answers to the question. I believe someone here once presented this directive.

I have 3 gold coins identical to the eye. One is counterfeit. How does one very quickly define the fake? Answer: I weigh the coins. The two weighing the same are the real McCoys.

Reactions: nail1988

In fairness I answered that I understand both but prefer English because that is the one I grew up using. I can visualize a foot and can drive a mile in about a minute. A meter is nearly a yard so a football field is nearly 100M.

Now I can visualize liters and gallons equally well. 4 liters is a little more than a gallon. But take me to Canada and it requires an advanced degree to calculate the price per gallon in American dollars! :) And you need to do that to know if you are getting a good price or not based on rates back home. I can do a lot of math in my head but the Canadian conversion has me using the calculator on the smartphone.

In fairness I answered that I understand both but prefer English because that is the one I grew up using. I can visualize a foot and can drive a mile in about a minute. A meter is nearly a yard so a football field is nearly 100M.

Now I can visualize liters and gallons equally well. 4 liters is a little more than a gallon. But take me to Canada and it requires an advanced degree to calculate the price per gallon in American dollars! :) And you need to do that to know if you are getting a good price or not based on rates back home. I can do a lot of math in my head but the Canadian conversion has me using the calculator on the smartphone.
I gave you credit for answering another question at our other vacation spot. The questions I present are designed to measure one's ability to reason. I will not ask , how many degrees are in a triangle? google is at hand.

I'm an expert in the numerically dysfunctional and idiotic English system of measure. It takes a lifetime of memorizing and study. But even I must always be armed with a calculator. I can ask any dope on a street corner in Toronto, how many meters are in a kilometer? He'll answer the question. I can ask Mensa genius Geena Davis, how many yards are in one mile? She doesn't have a clue.

And yes. I'm well aware of the difference between the US foot and the international foot.

Nuh uh. Nope. Not going here. 4 drinks in, and for those reasons........... 😂

mark-cuban-im-out.gif

A liter of water weighs 1000 grams. A liter of water contains 1000 milliliters (volume). A liter of water contains 1000 cubic centimeters (distance). Water freezes at OC. Boils at 100C. Even I can figure all this out.

There is no correlation between distance, weight and volume in the Imperial system. The US gov is metric. Congress permits public hybrid at great cost. Russia doesn't buy chicken from Tyson by the pound. New Zealand and Australia won't accept Imperial labeling on labels from Procter & Gamble. P & G has begged Congress to permit voluntary metric labels only for US consumption. P & G could make 1 label for English speaking countries. US law requires metric and customary weight and/or volume on labels.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT