ADVERTISEMENT

Dan says, “We’re going to CELEBRATE this victory.”

gatorshime

Gator Great
Jan 30, 2002
What Dan? Giving up 52 points and like 550 yards to a Division 2 school? Giving up the most points in a 1/2 at the Swamp EVER to an FCS school?

Most schools are improving as the season goes and this is surely not the team that beat U.T. and almost went to O.T. with Bama. If Mullen loses the next 2 or get crushed by FSU, he’ll be gone. Rich but, gone.

It's always cringe to see Dan dancing with the players in the locker room....even moreso after a game like this.

Some people may say "That's just his way of connecting to the players".....well it certainly hasn't improved anything on the field, that's for sure.

Reactions: gatordad3
It's always cringe to see Dan dancing with the players in the locker room....even moreso after a game like this.

Some people may say "That's just his way of connecting to the players".....well it certainly hasn't improved anything on the field, that's for sure.
This defense is just lost, and has been since "The Shoe" and most likely before then. That was just Picasso's signature on his artwork. Oh what could have been. Now the locker room is probably like Washington DC. 50% wanting to kill the other 50%, and to be honest, one side deserves it,,,,,,,,,,sports emulating real life.

Would you rather they pout?

There's more options than two extreme choices of pouting or dancing like they won the national championship.

Im not going to pretend I've played college football, but I have played in certain sports when deep reflection works best right after a game, as opposed to days later when we would review.

Dancing after a game like this is relative to them flexing and posing like goof balls after one good play while still losing OR having the lead and struggling to put samford away.

Let's also not forget the cringe of Mullen trying to get Felipe Franks to dance on the sideline in the MIDDLE of a game. Thankfully Franks had the same reaction most people would.

There's a matter of perspective and it would be foolish to not associate performances to behavior and mentality.

Last edited:
Reactions: gatorbuilderorlando
Act like you've been there before. Oh nevermind...this season 🤢

Wonder if Saban and his crew were dancing after beating New Mexico State 59-3? Maybe a little but I bet him and the players were pissed they scored 3 and Bama didn't score 60 plus. That's the difference.

Dan's really did me in this season. I'm hitting the like button of 98% of Fever's post and agreeing with Shime all while rolling my eyes at Sad and Paco's sunshine pumping. I need to take a break or something.

Reactions: GwinnettDawg
….all while rolling my eyes at Sad and Paco's sunshine pumping.
sadgator ain’t pumping sunshine…there are legit concerns…but the “outrage” and knee jerk and emotional reaction to can Dan “immediately” is an overreaction…

everybody wants to ignore the last three years (as opposed to where we were in the seven preceding them) and pretend they didn’t happen…

the defensive collapse is perplexing…but not so much if you logically think about it…

It’s kind of amusing to see so many fans who have quit on the team bitching about players who have quit on the team…hmmmm….

sadgator ain’t pumping sunshine…there are legit concerns…but the “outrage” and knee jerk and emotional reaction to can Dan “immediately” is an overreaction…

everybody wants to ignore the last three years (as opposed to where we were in the seven preceding them) and pretend they didn’t happen…

the defensive collapse is perplexing…but not so much if you logically think about it…

It’s kind of amusing to see so many fans who have quit on the team bitching about players who have quit on the team…hmmmm….
I’ve been a backer and truthfully don’t want to fire him now, but he’s almost putting the admin in the position where they’re not going to have a choice. This program is collapsing and he’s sitting there with a dumb smile on his face, like what’s the problem? Like I said he’s got no fight. He thinks it’s beneath him. And that’s exactly how this team plays.

Act like you've been there before. Oh nevermind...this season 🤢

Wonder if Saban and his crew were dancing after beating New Mexico State 59-3? Maybe a little but I bet him and the players were pissed they scored 3 and Bama didn't score 60 plus. That's the difference.

Dan's really did me in this season. I'm hitting the like button of 98% of Fever's post and agreeing with Shime all while rolling my eyes at Sad and Paco's sunshine pumping. I need to take a break or something.
Sunshine pumping?? I’m not sure where that has been going on. More like rational thoughts and don’t get overly emotional which you tend to do. Nobody’s happy we are 5-5.

Should we be surprised he said this? Samford scored 13 vs UT Chattanooga.
It would seem to go beyond scheme and into effort when a Florida defense gives up 358 yards and 42 points in a half to anyone—much less Samford. Mullen spun that into praise of Samford’s offensive scheme and tempo quarterback, saying, “You’ve got to give them some credit. They’re going to be a team that scores some points.”

Dan honestly saw an onside kick coming?
rolleyes.gif

Special teams contributed its own embarrassments, surrendering a kickoff-return touchdown and a fourth-quarter onside kick that everyone should have seen coming. Mullen said he told the kick return unit to be ready for the onside kick, and yet the Samford kicker rolled a slow dribbler straight ahead that he recovered himself.

Last edited:
Yeah I wonder if they’ve already agreed to terms on a buyout and he’s just coaching out the string. That’s how he’s acting.

Reactions: gatordad3
My thing with Mullen, all things being equal, I would give him a chance to hire a DC and recruiting coordinator and try to rebuild with AR next year. But I don’t know that he even wants this job. He’s not acting like it. So if he’s not committed to identifying the problems, taking the steps to fix them and frankly doing the hard work required to run a program like Florida, then adios. You can’t force a guy to lead a program.

Reactions: PacoGator19
My thing with Mullen, all things being equal, I would give him a chance to hire a DC and recruiting coordinator and try to rebuild with AR next year. But I don’t know that he even wants this job. He’s not acting like it. So if he’s not committed to identifying the problems, taking the steps to fix them and frankly doing the hard work required to run a program like Florida, then adios. You can’t force a guy to lead a program.
I think he wants to be here. So I agree, let him hire his DC, get to work improving recruiting and see if we can't get pointed back in the right direction.

There is no spin because an SEC school let alone a program like Florida should never struggle with samford

we know that

7-5 with a bowl win for 8-5 would be a tiny salve to a terrible season
That beats anything short of that

But in terms of the University of Florida as an elite program, Mullen seemed headed back there through the Kentucky loss this season (I throw out the Oklahoma game with so many not playing). But northern backwards trend that overlapped that as it turns out starting with the shower toss seems stronger now

A desultory effort with Mizzou may mean bigger changes.

I think he wants to be here. So I agree, let him hire his DC, get to work improving recruiting and see if we can't get pointed back in the right direction.

I also think the calls to fire Mullen is premature, especially the ones of suggesting he be fired right after the game.

Not giving Mullen at least another year would leave a bad impression to any alternative coaches at some point the future.

I can, and have, given Mullen credit where it's due.....but the attitude of the players is incredibly concerning. They pout(like not staying after the game to sing) or dance. There doesn't seem to be a middle ground that other teams capitalize on.

It reminds me of youth football.

Last edited:
“but the attitude of the players is incredibly concerning. They pout(like not staying after the game to sing) or dance. There doesn't seem to be a middle ground that other teams capitalize on.”

Yeah it’s because that’s how their HC acts.

I also think the calls to fire Mullen is premature, especially the ones of suggesting he be fired right after the game.

Not giving Mullen at least another year would leave a bad impression to any alternative coaches at some point the future.

I can, and have, given Mullen credit where it's due.....but the attitude of the players is incredibly concerning. They pout(like not staying after the game to sing) or dance. There doesn't seem to be a middle ground that other teams capitalize on.

It reminds me of youth football.

That was said about the last 3 coaches that were fired. I was even one of the people saying it with Zook. New coaches don't care what happened with the last one at a school like UF that is capable of championships. Things are a little complicated with LSU and USC searching but waiting can be worse also.

I don’t think it’s a given that Mullen wants this job. If he does, he needs to understand fan expectations, recruiting and kissing boosters’ asses is part of it. If you don’t like it go earn $7m doing something else. If you want the job, then quit crying about it.

That was said about the last 3 coaches that were fired. I was even one of the people saying it with Zook. New coaches don't care what happened with the last one at a school like UF that is capable of championships. Things are a little complicated with LSU and USC searching but waiting can be worse also.

Touche

Let's also not forget the cringe of Mullen trying to get Felipe Franks to dance on the sideline in the MIDDLE of a game. Thankfully Franks had the same reaction most people would.
Kinda funny how people see and spin things how they want them to be. sadgator actually thought it was pretty cool how Dan was trying to keep Feleipe (who was notoriously tight) loose and teach him how to have fun during a game.

Better than walking away from your QB in the other direction on the sideline totally disengaged chewing a piece of gum.

I don’t think it’s a given that Mullen wants this job. If he does, he needs to understand fan expectations, recruiting and kissing boosters’ asses is part of it. If you don’t like it go earn $7m doing something else. If you want the job, then quit crying about it.

I really don't like throwing top money at coaches that haven't proven it at UF. For example, Grantham was the 6th highest paid coordinator(OC or DC) in the nation.

I'm not against paying 7 million....but you gotta earn it. Never winning the SEC is not earning it.

Kinda funny how people see and spin things how they want them to be. sadgator actually thought it was pretty cool how Dan was trying to keep Feleipe (who was notoriously tight) loose and teach him how to have fun during a game.

Better than walking away from your QB in the other direction on the sideline totally disengaged chewing a piece of gum.

Perhaps your take would be more credible if you weren't "Dan can do no wrong".

I can admit being wrong. I've even done it in this thread. But you, dude? Seeing you use the word "spin" is kinda funny.

Could be, but candidly who are we going to get?
It likely won’t matter, because if the attitude of the majority of posters here is really reflective of those in charge of the program…

that person will be gone in three years too..

sadgator is really glad he was a young man who got to experience the 90’s and ‘06 and ‘08…it was a great time to be alive…

Remember when Louisana-Monroe beat Alabama in Saban’s first year?

He may have worded it like that, but I knew what he meant. Allow me to rephrase, no almost 4 year SEC coach should get embarassed on their home field to Samford, bad year or not.

sadgator’s never said Dan could do no wrong…in fact, sadgator has admitted there are some concerns…which is undeniable….

That's a half-butt vague way of purposely not identifying that such concerns ultimately fall on the shoulders of the HC. You just won't say his name in the same breath.

That's a half-butt vague way of purposely not identifying that such concerns ultimately fall on the shoulders of the HC. You just won't say his name in the same breath.
sadgator ain’t no football coach…sadgator is as perplexed by the loss to South Carolina and the performance against Samford as anybody…

clearly we have issues that are Mullen’s responsibility to remedy…

that said, sadgator isn’t going to shitcan the past three years of progress because of a downward trend that isn’t representative of the entire tenure…

now…if recruiting sucks as bad as everyone says it does, and we come out sucking next year….sadgator is certainly willing to objectively criticize Mullen for that…

Reactions: KingofHedgehogs
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT