ADVERTISEMENT

Dan gets a QBpp commit in the 2022 Class

We will see. I dont doubt that Dan will make him look good but watching Emory the last 2 yrs and reading the practice reports this spring lead me to believe that he doesnt make great decisions/quick decisions and his accuracy is shaky. That may change and improve now that he is the guy but i wont say it did until i see it. Its a lot easier to come in and run a few plays and then hand the offense back to one of the best Gator Qbs of all time, its much different to do it all by yourself. I want to stress that im not saying he cant, i just havent seen it from him yet. I know Dan will formulate a good plan around him though. I cant forsee the Gators offense being better than it was last yr or even close to what it was last yr. How could it be? Its definitely something im interested to see though.

Agreed with overall - thing is it's hard to know what he's even allowed to do. Most of the time he came in to only run the ball from most reports.

Guy has all the tools and Mullen has a pretty good history fitting the O around that. I don't think your analysis is necessarily wrong - I get it.

We will see. I dont doubt that Dan will make him look good but watching Emory the last 2 yrs and reading the practice reports this spring lead me to believe that he doesnt make great decisions/quick decisions and his accuracy is shaky. That may change and improve now that he is the guy but i wont say it did until i see it. Its a lot easier to come in and run a few plays and then hand the offense back to one of the best Gator Qbs of all time, its much different to do it all by yourself. I want to stress that im not saying he cant, i just havent seen it from him yet. I know Dan will formulate a good plan around him though. I cant forsee the Gators offense being better than it was last yr or even close to what it was last yr. How could it be? Its definitely something im interested to see though.
Offense is in good hands, defense is the trouble that I can see

Reactions: fsu939913
I agree with everything you've said, we will score points, thankfully Butter Teeth is gone

Reactions: fsu939913
I cannot see an offense with Emory Jones looking like what we saw with Felipe Franks, or worse this coming season.
I didn't see any improvement from Franks at Arkansas either.

Reactions: Gator Fever
We have a new team roster on all three levels, offense, defense, and ST's.
Without even a Spring game to see how things are moving along, we have a long hot summer to speculate on what's coming in Sept.

The good news is that your speculation is just as good as mine.
The bad news is that your speculation is just as bad as mine.
We're all back to the ole 'We'll See' situation... ;)

Last edited:
I cannot see an offense with Emory Jones looking like what we saw with Felipe Franks, or worse this coming season.
I didn't see any improvement from Franks at Arkansas either.

The few games I watched Franks he looked a little better at Arkansas not Driskeling quite as bad but he was still pretty rough.

I agree no way this offense can look like that mess we had with Franks. Jones would have to be really lost for that to even come close to happening plus unlike Franks he is a real every down running threat.

Reactions: gatordad3
FWIW Franks QB rating before he got hurt was 173 which is actually pretty darn good. I’m no Franks fan but to get a QB rating like that out of him is pretty impressive.

FWIW Franks QB rating before he got hurt was 173 which is actually pretty darn good. I’m no Franks fan but to get a QB rating like that out of him is pretty impressive.

That was kind of my point, i think one of Dans best attributes as a coach is that he understands his QBs limitations and strengths and does a great job of putting in a gameplan that "highlights" and plays to the QBs strengths. He only treds in murky water when he has to. I have no doubt Emory will be "successful" under Dan but that success will look much different than last years success. Ask yourself this, when is the last time Dan didnt have a successful QB? I seriously cant remember that far back and its because of how he schemes it for his QB

At Arkansas or FL? I could maybe believe it even though the play I saw didn't match that and the KY game alone should have destroyed his rating if it was a reliable indicator in his case. I think he was keeping the turnovers down big time however which may have allowed it. I sometimes hate that stat with some QBs because it can reward freezing up when under pressure and with Franks it also rewarded those useless dump offs on 3rd and long he was known for.

At Arkansas or FL? I could maybe believe it even though the play I saw didn't match that and the KY game alone should have destroyed his rating if it was a reliable indicator in his case. I think he was keeping the turnovers down big time however which may have allowed it. I sometimes hate that stat with some QBs because it can reward freezing up when under pressure and with Franks it also rewarded those useless dump offs on 3rd and long he was known for.
Florida

Sounds like it'll be more like Justin Field at least right now. If Jones progresses in reading defenses it'll be lights out.
That's what I see, thing is when you have to score 40 to win the defense isn't doing their job. OU in '08 scored like 13 points...our defense stopped every play and at the goal line. I see us averaging 35 a game.

We have a new team roster on all three levels, offense, defense, and ST's.
Without even a Spring game to see how things are moving along, we have a long hot summer to speculate on what's coming in Sept.

The good news is that your speculation is just as good as mine.
The bad news is that your speculation is just as bad as mine.
We're all back to the ole 'We'll See' situation... ;)
This. And at least everyone else is in the same boat. It’s going to be interesting for sure

That's what I see, thing is when you have to score 40 to win the defense isn't doing their job. OU in '08 scored like 13 points...our defense stopped every play and at the goal line. I see us averaging 35 a game.
Speculation and opinions are okay, but not when they fly in the face of reality.

2020 -- 370 / 12 = 30.8 Pts/Gm -- Scamdemic + 11 SEC Opponents and the Big12 Champ
Also missing 25 players and for that they could have opted out of the bowl.

2019 -- 201 / 13 = 15.5 Pts/Gm - Top 10 Def + UF 36 - 28 Va ACC Runner-up.

2018 -- 260 / 13 = 20 Pts/Gm - Top 10 Def + UF 41 - 15 Mich Big Ten Runner-up.

Ragging on Todd for 2020 is despicable imo....

Speculation and opinions are okay, but not when they fly in the face of reality.

2020 -- 370 / 12 = 30.8 Pts/Gm -- Scamdemic + 11 SEC Opponents and the Big12 Champ
Also missing 25 players and for that they could have opted out of the bowl.

2019 -- 201 / 13 = 15.5 Pts/Gm - Top 10 Def + UF 36 - 28 Va ACC Runner-up.

2018 -- 260 / 13 = 20 Pts/Gm - Top 10 Def + UF 41 - 15 Mich Big Ten Runner-up.

Ragging on Todd for 2020 is despicable imo....
He has been dumped on for years as being 3rd and Grantham even in years the overall stats looked good. Always known for falling apart a few important games each year. We didn't start that. Heck we ragged on him when he was at Georgia.

He has been dumped on for years as being 3rd and Grantham even in years the overall stats looked good. Always known for falling apart a few important games each year. We didn't start that. Heck we ragged on him when he was at Georgia.
The very same defensive coordinator who taunted our punter/kicker with a choke sign. Stay classy 3rd and Grantham!

Reactions: Gator Fever
Mullen and Grantham have been together the past four seasons, beginning in 2017 at Mississippi State for a nine-win Bulldogs team. UF is 29-7 (.750) in three seasons under Mullen with Grantham as the DC.
So I guess that you'll need to fire Dan for being such a dumb-chit concerning Todd....

#15 QB-pp Nick Evers 6-3 190 *** -- Flowers Mound, TX - 247
UF
-AU-MS-VU-- IO-PSU-TxT-VaT-UL--BSU-Cin-Hou - 25 Offers

P - 202 of 299, 67.6%, 2,591 Yds, 25 TD's, 6 Ints
R - 92 for 296 3.2 YPC, 5 TD's. - TX District 6-6A 1st Team

iG -- Not a dual threat runner, but a willing runner with speed.
At his HS Jr level, not going through progressions yet, but a strong/accurate arm to his primary.
That last under-rated 2-star TX QB did okay.... ;)

The bench press didn't exactly wow me. Somewhere Tim Tebow is snickering. :D

Hes ranked lower but i think he rises up a bit. Probably better than his (3-star) ranking.

Dont think hes elite but hes good.

So much for what you think #'s....
😛

Where he began when he committed to UF. (see offers, not stars)
#15 QB-pp Nick Evers 6-3 190 *** -- Flowers Mound, TX - 247
UF
-AU-MS-VU-- IO-PSU-TxT-VaT-UL--BSU-Cin-Hou - 25 Offers

Where he's at now!

Florida Gators commit Nick Evers leaves Elite 11 Dallas with an invitation to the Elite 11 Finals this summer.

Excelling with his opportunity on the national stage, Evers would make headway in the competition, earning a spot in the Elite 11 Finals this summer, a monumental step in his process as a prospect.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
My opinion is purely just that lol - but I like to look at both the star rankings as well as the offer sheet. The star rankings are a pretty good reflection of the athletic upside in terms of height/weight/camps etc. The offer list shows that the coaches at other big time programs think the kid can actually play.

Both of these seem to matter from what I can tell.

Stars are a look at where the ranking services think a player is at.
Offers from coaching staffs are a look at what they believe he can do at the college level.
Stars are speculations on HS performance, made by people with their own agendas, (selling camps).
Offers are a critical evaluation by actual coaches/programs on what they expect from a recruit.

I certainly LOOK at the stars, but I continue to rest my opinion on my own look at the players film, along with the coaches evals resulting in their offers.
Each to his own opinions here, as it should be.
Our opinions and speculations don't mean much (if anything) to the coaches or players.

Current Ranking Service on QB Nick Evers

ESPN - #10 QBpp **** ESPN Top 300 (166)

247 - #16 QB-Pro **** Natl 285

Rivals - QB-Dual *** 5.7 (as clueless and behind on current information as usual)

Current Ranking Service on QB Nick Evers

ESPN - #10 QBpp **** ESPN Top 300 (166)

247 - #16 QB-Pro **** Natl 285

Rivals - QB-Dual *** 5.7 (as clueless and behind on current information as usual)

well if he's a three star you should be ecstatic and proclaiming his inevitable greatness.

I guess he's not an Eagle Scout?

The Obnoxious NFL and/or media-moron BS concerning Gator QB's.

When 5-star Tebow came out, the NFL BS was that a running QB is not desirable in today's NFL. -- And then a string of QB-dt came into the NFL, while the NFL still chitted on Tebow.

When 2-star Trask comes out, the NFL BS now is that a non-running QB is not desirable in today's NFL.

Both of those Gator QB's left after setting new QB Records.
Both were Heisman Finalists, while TT won the 2007 Heisman.
~~ And oh BTW, both were coached at UF by Dan...

--- Just wondering, is Tom Brady a QB-dt that was taken in the NFL's 1st Rnd??? Or is he just the All Time best QB in NFL history?

Just more media-moron Fake News in both (TT & KT) cases imoho....

The Obnoxious NFL and/or media-moron BS concerning Gator QB's.

When 5-star Tebow came out, the NFL BS was that a running QB is not desirable in today's NFL. -- And then a string of QB-dt came into the NFL, while the NFL still chitted on Tebow.

When 2-star Trask comes out, the NFL BS now is that a non-running QB is not desirable in today's NFL.

Both of those Gator QB's left after setting new QB Records.
Both were Heisman Finalists, while TT won the 2007 Heisman.
~~ And oh BTW, both were coached at UF by Dan...

--- Just wondering, is Tom Brady a QB-dt that was taken in the NFL's 1st Rnd??? Or is he just the All Time best QB in NFL history?

Just more media-moron Fake News in both (TT & KT) cases imoho....

products of their eras.

10 years ago Trask would be a top 3 pick. Today, Tebow would be a top 3 pick.

a lot has changed in NFL offenses in the last decade.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
Dan's Gator Elite 11 QB Finalists:

2017 Emory Jones

2018 No QB recruits taken

2019 Anthony Richardson

2020 Carlos Del Rio Wilson - EE
* 2020 Jalen Kitna is an EE and the son of NFL QB Jon Kitna

2021 Nick Evers Earns Elite 11 Finals Invitation at Dallas camp.

Now THAT'S a QB room....

2017 Emory Jones

2019 Anthony Richardson

Now THAT'S a QB room....
My how much the QB room has changed in 4 years.

2017 Emory Jones

2019 Anthony Richardson

Now THAT'S a QB room....

Supposedly Kitna has looked really good for an incoming Frosh (compared to his rankings)...but keep in mind the guy on the bench is always the best QB haha.

Supposedly Kitna has looked really good for an incoming Frosh (compared to his rankings)...but keep in mind the guy on the bench is always the best QB haha.

What I expect from the Gator QB Room is more of the same.
Spurrier - Wuerffel - Tebow - Next....

Guys that are high character, on the field, off the field, and in town.
Guys that help each other through friendly, but tough and constant competition.
Guys that want to see the TEAM succeed, as much as they want personal success.
Guys that can ALL go out on the field and get the job done on any Saturday.

The guys that are already in the QB room seem to me to be the right guys, with the RIGHT STUFF....
And the new guy (commit) seems to fit that same QB mold.

Reactions: gatorbuilderorlando

thatll happen when your dad was a long time NFL qb and a coach.

Doug's son Garrett Nussmeier is impressing people in Baton Rouge this spring.

And we can't forget how in-love Mac was with the Del Rio prodigy.

thatll happen when your dad was a long time NFL qb and a coach.

Doug's son Garrett Nussmeier is impressing people in Baton Rouge this spring.

And we can't forget how in-love Mac was with the Del Rio prodigy.
True but DelRio’s dad wasn’t a QB. At least I don’t think he was. LB?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT