ADVERTISEMENT

Dan Fired

I remember lurking here during the Spurrier, Zook and Meyer years, and during the Meyer era, there was someone here who loved him some Rich Rodriguez. Now will someone please tell me who?

Reactions: NorthJerseyGator
Dan has no one to blame except Dan. He crashed the program through a series of bad decisions and lackluster recruiting. I really thought he was going to be a great one. Terribly disappointing and now we find ourselves with a football program really bad shape.

Last edited:
Well now I guess I can say this.

And I know it's silly because it's about kickers.

But the reason that Alex McPhearson never considered us and why Evan left a year early is because he couldn't stand Mullen.

he literally told his brother "Florida isn't that the place. It's messed up there."

And he was talking about Dan.
Yikes

Stunning fall

Heading into the LSU game last year he was arguably the most successful hire in the country
That shoe toss began a downward spiral that he was never able to stop, but I still disagree with this

Better have a major replacement ready, like the Iowa State coach or something big. If he is replaced with Patterson or Francis then my lord

Crazy, you can no longer have a down season.

It's not even that. If Dan didn't seem so disengaged I'd be all for giving him another year, but it's just become painfully obvious that he's done.

Again, I don't think it was a coincidence that there were rumors a year or two ago about him having interest in the NFL, specifically the Cowboys job.

This has to be the fastest collapse of a head coach and staff I've ever seen. I think the laughing and basically looking like he didn't GAS on the sideline made this an easy decision.

Fever gets his wish. sadgator can all but guarantee that he will be unimpressed with the hire. Huge mistake, ISO…we might never recover from this one…

Campbell is actually a great suggestion if we could lure him from ISU…
Uh, no to Matt Campbell. If we're going that route, let's pry the sweater vest Jr from Minnesota.

Fever gets his wish. sadgator can all but guarantee that he will be unimpressed with the hire. Huge mistake, ISO…we might never recover from this one…

Campbell is actually a great suggestion if we could lure him from ISU…

It's okay to like him. But Jesus dude, can you not read body language? Can you not put what you see in the field together?

Dan quit on us halfway through the year and I think it started with the heavy pressure about his buddy Grantham and the eventual forcing his hand to move him out of the program.

Dan doesn't want to be here. It's okay.

Wow, did not see this thread. I just posted this:

My biggest fear is that Mullin has thrown in the towel and checked out as head coach, his posture and attitude seem to convey it. Has Strickland already put him on notice that he is likely out, or is Mullen just going through the motions to get fired and collect a buyout?

Reactions: GordonGecko
It's okay to like him. But Jesus dude, can you not read body language? Can you not put what you see in the field together?

Dan quit on us halfway through the year and I think it started with the heavy pressure about his buddy Grantham and the eventual forcing his hand to move him out of the program.

Dan doesn't want to be here. It's okay.

yeah, I tried to back him but he is just not even trying. And yes, all he had to do stay was fire Grantham after last year. That is the sword he chose to fall on.

Reactions: NavigatorII
For the right price you guys can pry Taggart away from FAU
I think he's earned another shot. Plus think of all the good press from ESPN for social reasons. I don't see a downside. Willie would decimate in recruiting too.

Yeah, because, why would we want to beat FSU?

With the early signing period, it has become essential to make the change early if you know you are going to make it. Gives you a shot to get the new guy hired in time to salvage at least some semblance of a recruiting class, sin e the vast majority of top re ruits will sign in early December. I know the limited time we had after Jimbo bolted was a big hindrance to us & resulted in talk g some high risk kids that we probably dont take in a normal year.

With the early signing period, it has become essential to make the change early if you know you are going to make it. Gives you a shot to get the new guy hired in time to salvage at least some semblance of a recruiting class, sin e the vast majority of top re ruits will sign in early December. I know the limited time we had after Jimbo bolted was a big hindrance to us & resulted in talk g some high risk kids that we probably dont take in a normal year.

I think clearing things up lets them focus on the game more also. Like when Zook won that FSU game heading out the door.

Get ready for lots and lots and lots more losing for a long long long time…
Disagree, too much talent in our state alone. Bring in a young established coach with a history of winning and being a good recruiter. Will need to dole out $$$$$ but that's a price we need to pay to contend.

I think clearing things up lets them focus on the game more also. Like when Zook won that FSU game heading out the door.
I don't know. Mullin doesn't seem to be a company man the way he's mailed it in. It might be better to let an assistant coach. Does Richardson see the field?

Reactions: Gator Fever
If you step back and take a deep breath, UF just fired an established coach after one bad season. I agree that he seemed mentally check-out, and the AD arguably had no choice due to pressure, but UF now looks like LSU in terms of patience.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT