ADVERTISEMENT

Congratulations fsu Baseball...

GatorGray

Bull Gator
Apr 3, 2002
You scored one run against the Mighty Gators tonight. One whole run!

Meanwhile the Gators have won 9 of the last 10 over the sow, outscoring the them 58-17 over that span.

This game against the fighting martins was timely as we needed a tomato can to get some confidence back.

You really think your team was better in basketball this year? I know you got the win and all, but that has to be small comfort, getting absolutely punked in the round of 32 by an 11 seed. Hell, your team beat ours when we won a national title. Does anyone give a shit about that?

You really think your team was better in basketball this year? I know you got the win and all, but that has to be small comfort, getting absolutely punked in the round of 32 by an 11 seed. Hell, your team beat ours when we won a national title. Does anyone give a shit about that?

Nope.

Didn't think that was the discussion.

Thought this was about head-to-head.

If we're moving the goal posts, then the same argument will apply to the sport with the stick. If FSU advances farther than UF, then tonight's win won't have any shits given towards it.

Nope.

If we're moving the goal posts, then the same argument will apply to the sport with the stick. If FSU advances farther than UF, then tonight's win won't have any shits given towards it.

C'mon Alaskan, you don't care about baseball but you opened the thread...it's 9 out of the last 10 by the way

Reactions: TennesseeGator
Nope.

Fair enough. Save the baseball teams play each other multiple times, and OOC basketball teams play once, maybe twice. So there IS a difference

Your team does not look impressive this year. But then neither does mine. You guys have to hope that you don't end up in Gainesville in the post season. That circumstance has not been kind to FSU, historically or recently

The facts are simple:

Like it or not, FSU owns Florida in both football and basketball right now. If you can't admit that, you are butt hurt and deflecting.

Florida owns FSU in baseball right now, which sadgator would gladly trade for ownership in either of the other two sports.

The current scenario is oddly ironic given that sadgator is pretty certain that baseball is the only sport in which FSU holds an overall series lead.

This article provides most of the facts anybody needs for the remainder of this thread...

http://gamedayr.com/sports/florida-vs-fsu-head-to-head-rivalry-109011/

Reactions: seffnergator
Does anyone remember if back in 04-09, especially 2006/2007 when they were losing to Wake at home 30-0, if any Hole fans came to this board to say "I don't care about football"?????

They sure don't seem to care about any other their sports when they're sucking ass at it.

Does anyone remember if back in 04-09, especially 2006/2007 when they were losing to Wake at home 30-0, if any Hole fans came to this board to say "I don't care about football"?????

They sure don't seem to care about any other their sports when they're sucking ass at it.
That's a ridiculous premise. Noles primarily only care about football, BUT there are a large number of fans who do enjoy stick ball. I'm just not one of them. I enjoy football, women's soccer, and basketball (in that order).

I'd rather let MJ pierce my nipples with a piece of tree bark than sit through 1 inning of baseball.

That said, I do wish FSU success in all of its sports (I hear the women's softball team is doing well), I'm just not going to watch them all unfold before my eyes.

We'll take football and basketball...you can have the sport with the wooden stick.

Man I hate baseball. So unbelievably boring.

It's an aluminum stick in the college ranks.

I like the stick game over the sport played on a large puzzled piece of wood.

I'm with you though, the sport played on the manicured painted pasture is the best though...Followed closely by the wooden/aluminum stick game.

I was here back then and cared a ton. Funny thing is a "fair" amount of your fans who were vocal about your winning ways back then are no longer here.

I was here back then and cared a ton. Funny thing is a "fair" amount of your fans who were vocal about your winning ways back then are no longer here.
People come and go on message boards. I've honestly been on this board since day 1. Actually here when this board was part of the Gator Country brand.

People that were around in the Zook days weren't around in the Meyer days.

So.... People come and go.

Nope.

If we advance past the Sweet 16 every year but lose to FSU in the regular season...I'll take it.

If we make the college football playoffs only losing to FSU I'll take it..

If we dominate FSU in baseball but never advance to Omaha but DSU does...That would suck and I wouldn't want that.

Head to Head is fun. Sure it is important. It usually holds water when both teams have the similar success or lack of success. If UF finishes the year 8-4 and FSU finishes 9-3 but UF beats FSU...Neither team achieved the playoff goal but one has bragging rights over the other for H2H.

That's a ridiculous premise. Noles primarily only care about football, BUT there are a large number of fans who do enjoy stick ball. I'm just not one of them. I enjoy football, women's soccer, and basketball (in that order).

I'd rather let MJ pierce my nipples with a piece of tree bark than sit through 1 inning of baseball.

That said, I do wish FSU success in all of its sports (I hear the women's softball team is doing well), I'm just not going to watch them all unfold before my eyes.
I promise to sterilize my needles

Reactions: IrishPokerDog
Please UF still has a much better basketball program compared to FSU! A few wins doesn't mean crap when we own the series and have back to back titles! Go find a girl you straight doosh nozzle.

Last edited:
You scored one run against the Mighty Gators tonight. One whole run!

Meanwhile the Gators have won 9 of the last 10 over the sow, outscoring the them 58-17 over that span.

This game against the fighting martins was timely as we needed a tomato can to get some confidence back.

Congrats on winning a game maybe 100 people watched and even less care about. Nice job!

Who cares if we were better. We got the head to head win and we're dominating you in football so I'm happy.

Yep and dome even melted down right on this board on the way out! Hilarious stuff!

Who cares if we were better. We got the head to head win and we're dominating you in football so I'm happy.
LULZ

Thus demonstrating once again the Florida is the Alpha and the Omega for most, if not all FSU fans.

Three seeded Florida State got destroyed by an 11 seed? "Hey, no problem, we beat Florida!"

FSU once again losses to a mediocre ACC team and once again fails to even win their division? "Hey, no problem, we beat Florida!"

LULZ

Thus demonstrating once again the Florida is the Alpha and the Omega for most, if not all FSU fans.

Three seeded Florida State got destroyed by an 11 seed? "Hey, no problem, we beat Florida!"

FSU once again losses to a mediocre ACC team and once again fails to even win their division? "Hey, no problem, we beat Florida!"

No its not no problem we beat Florida. Nobody gets anything for not winning the entire thing so when you lose its over. After that what's left??

LULZ

And let's run on over to the UF board and talk about how much we do not care about baseball.

No its not no problem we beat Florida. Nobody gets anything for not winning the entire thing so when you lose its over. After that what's left??
Since, as you say, there is only one national champion, a lot of people seem to enjoy other accomplishments, even thought they are not as prestigious.

That FSU fans do not is a testament to two things; how they view their conference accomplishments and how important Florida is to them. In any sport.

Actually, I should not say any sport. The only sports FSU fans will even mention are the ones where they happen to beat Florida that year.

Since, as you say, there is only one national champion, a lot of people seem to enjoy other accomplishments, even thought they are not as prestigious.

That FSU fans do not is a testament to two things; how they view their conference accomplishments and how important Florida is to them. In any sport.

Actually, I should not say any sport. The only sports FSU fans will even mention are the ones where they happen to beat Florida that year.
The ACC just won Nattys in the 2 biggest sports, so I'd say winning the conference is a big deal.

Indeed. And Virginia in baseball.

Ye, as danoleman writes, FSU fans don't care how their teams might underperform in any of those sports, as long as they beat Florida.
That's just silly (from a holistic perspective). It's great for rivalry banter, but not important over-all. If we could win the title 5 straight years with 5 straight losses to UF, I'd take it in a heartbeat!

That's just silly (from a holistic perspective). It's great for rivalry banter, but not important over-all. If we could win the title 5 straight years with 5 straight losses to UF, I'd take it in a heartbeat!
Yea, I gather most fans feel that way. There was that time we won a NC in football yet lost to FSU in the regular season. That matter not one wit to me. Same with the NC in basketball.

One cannot say definitively that overall, Florida football was better than FSU football in 2016, even though FSU once again lost to a mediocre ACC team, got blown out by another and had a respectable but losing effort against the eventual national champs. Florida had four losses and got dominated by FSU. Yet by all accounts, FSU football under performed in 2016, but that seems to be OK, according to FSU fans, because Florida State beat Florida.

And one CAN say, in spite of losing to FSU, that Florida was definitively better than FSU in basketball in 2016/2017. Again, FSU under performed in basketball and Florida was better. Yet, all that is OK because FSU beat Florida.

Yea, I gather most fans feel that way. There was that time we won a NC in football yet lost to FSU in the regular season. That matter not one wit to me. Same with the NC in basketball.

One cannot say definitively that overall, Florida football was better than FSU football in 2016, even though FSU once again lost to a mediocre ACC team, got blown out by another and had a respectable but losing effort against the eventual national champs. Florida had four losses and got dominated by FSU. Yet by all accounts, FSU football under performed in 2016, but that seems to be OK, according to FSU fans, because Florida State beat Florida.

And one CAN say, in spite of losing to FSU, that Florida was definitively better than FSU in basketball in 2016/2017. Again, FSU under performed in basketball and Florida was better. Yet, all that is OK because FSU beat Florida.
Clearly you don't post on Warchant. All is not OK just because FSU beat UF. Most want Ham gone and all but a few want Jimbo to do something about Kelly. What UL did to FSU last year is ridiculous and 2017 is going to have to really produce to make up for it.

FSU beating UF just helps with the sting. Nothing more.

Indeed. And Virginia in baseball.

Ye, as danoleman writes, FSU fans don't care how their teams might underperform in any of those sports, as long as they beat Florida.

I dont care how we perform in any other sport other than football. I couldnt care less if uf beat us or we beat them in baseball or whatever other sport u want to say. Its meaningless. I couldnt name 1 player of any sport for fsu other than football. Not 1 basketball or baseball player. I knew winston played 1 yr but still never watched. Thats how much i didnt care

I was bascially saying. After you exit the tourney what else is left other than beating all of your rivals. Keeping whatever streak you have going alive and other stuff like that.

I dont care how we perform in any other sport other than football. I couldnt care less if uf beat us or we beat them in baseball or whatever other sport u want to say. Its meaningless. I couldnt name 1 player of any sport for fsu other than football. Not 1 basketball or baseball player. I knew winston played 1 yr but still never watched. Thats how much i didnt care
Your a Miami fan. Your football team hasn't been good for over a decade.

I was bascially saying. After you exit the tourney what else is left other than beating all of your rivals. Keeping whatever streak you have going alive and other stuff like that.
Bless your little heart. You have no clue.

If so many don't care, why come here to reply with "I don't care."

I just don't get it. I don't keep up with UF golf. So if FSU beats UF in golf I don't go to a FSU board to let them know I don't care.

If so many don't care, why come here to reply with "I don't care."

I just don't get it. I don't keep up with UF golf. So if FSU beats UF in golf I don't go to a FSU board to let them know I don't care.

giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT