ADVERTISEMENT

Come on, it’s only 5 WR’s out!

gatorshime

Gator Great
Jan 30, 2002
I don’t think I can ever recall a team having its top 5 WR’s out for a game. I have to give Billy Nap credit for the next man up speech but, you’re gonna have to run for 300 yards plus or it’s gonna be a long day. If I was FSU I’d load the box and say “AR beat us with your arm.”

I'm terrible at predicting the outcome of Gator games, but it could get ugly.

Some of the new WRs didnt look that bad but we have no chance in this game if AR doesn't make FSU fear him running on those option plays. Those D linemen they have will allow our RBs to be contained if that isn't the case.

Reactions: gatorRAD
I don’t think I can ever recall a team having its top 5 WR’s out for a game. I have to give Billy Nap credit for the next man up speech but, you’re gonna have to run for 300 yards plus or it’s gonna be a long day. If I was FSU I’d load the box and say “AR beat us with your arm.”
shime's pre-game excuse thread. bravo.

What was the deal with Trent Whittemore hitting the portal?

He would have been really used the other night. Oh well Billy pissed that talent away as well as the potential of his brother. Great job "Blue Chip" Billy.

And I don't care what Rick Wells tweet about Whitte. Wells had 6 years to prove himself. The most he could do in that time was muster up 412 career yards and 3 TD's.

Trent had more talent in his little toe over Wells entire body.

Billy Nape is a weird dude in how he runs things.

Reactions: EvilWayz
What was the deal with Trent Whittemore hitting the portal?

He would have been really used the other night. Oh well Billy pissed that talent away as well as the potential of his brother. Great job "Blue Chip" Billy.

And I don't care what Rick Wells tweet about Whitte. Wells had 6 years to prove himself. The most he could do in that time was muster up 412 career yards and 3 TD's.

Trent had more talent in his little toe over Wells entire body.

Billy Nape is a weird dude in how he runs things.
Trent Whittemore couldn’t crack the starting lineup in an average WR group. I wish him the best of luck but he needed to go. Opens up a scholly for a recruit or a transfer portal player that can hopefully contribute more than Trent.

We have an entire Corp of slot receivers. We need someone that can get over the top.
Correct. Slot receivers & possession receivers is what we have. We don’t have anybody who can take the top off the defense or somebody who can take a small gain into a large gain. That type of WR is coming in Mizell and Wilson & hopefully portal help.

Trent Whittemore couldn’t crack the starting lineup in an average WR group. I wish him the best of luck but he needed to go. Opens up a scholly for a recruit or a transfer portal player that can hopefully contribute more than Trent.
Whittemore was better than the shizshow we saw this season outside of Ricky P and Shorter. Coaches just have their preferences.

Agree to disagree. Those guys haven't shown much(or maybe it was lack of QB) in their time to shine. They didn't shine.
Well Henderson, Reynolds & Douglas all have more catches, yards and TDs then him. All 3 of them are also faster. And Douglas is just a true freshmen and Reynolds a redshirt freshmen. I don’t expect Reynolds to contribute much here at UF either and is a transfer candidate as well but he is better than Whittemore. This was Whittemore’s 3rd year at UF. He’s had ample time to show something.

And just like i thought Reynolds has entered the transfer portal.
Lot of good that did playing him ahead of one who had near equal stats during an injured freshman campaign on what was one of our better offensive passing stats in a while. Now both are gone and one could have been used in the last game when only 1 WR caught passes until like the 4:00 minute mark of the 4th quarter.

Wild game. Only 1 WR and 1 TE caught passes for over 3/4 of the game. But their faster.

Lot of good that did playing him ahead of one who had near equal stats during an injured freshman campaign on what was one of our better offensive passing stats in a while. Now both are gone and one could have been used in the last game when only 1 WR caught passes until like the 4:00 minute mark of the 4th quarter.

Wild game. Only 1 WR and 1 TE caught passes for over 3/4 of the game. But their faster.
I’m sure more WRs would catch passes if the QB had better than a 33% completion percentage. And like the thread title stated we were down 5 WRs to begin with so not sure what you were expecting. Neither Whittemore or Reynolds were ever going to contribute much at UF. Whittemore was already in his 3rd season and hasn’t done much.

Well he wanted to leave. When the receiving corp was healthy he couldn't crack the lineup. And so he decided to bail out on his teammates prior to the season ending.
Yeah it was a chump move on his part but at the same time when you had past success under a past regime but the new one doesn't give you the time of day is it worth risking injury?

Yeah it was a chump move on his part but at the same time when you had past success under a past regime but the new one doesn't give you the time of day is it worth risking injury?
Past success? I think that could probably be debate-able. He really didn’t do much under Mullen either. 29 catches and 2 TDs in 2 years under Mullen. That’s pretty average IMO.

Past success? I think that could probably be debate-able. He really didn’t do much under Mullen either. 29 catches and 2 TDs in 2 years under Mullen. That’s pretty average IMO.
His year one was a short season where the team only played conference games and he was injured for half the games. Also missed 4 games last season.

Henderson only had 35 catches and 3 TD's playing 19 games vs Trent's 13 games under Mullen if we are going that route. That's pretty average IMO.

Henderson hopefully steps up and becomes the man next season with Shorter leaving. Is Ricky Pearsall returning next season?

Speaking of, compare Ricky's first two seasons of NCAA ball to Whittemore and even he has similar stats. He turned into a good WR.

His year one was a short season where the team only played conference games and he was injured for half the games. Also missed 4 games last season.

Henderson only had 35 catches and 3 TD's playing 19 games vs Trent's 13 games under Mullen if we are going that route. That's pretty average IMO.

Henderson hopefully steps up and becomes the man next season with Shorter leaving. Is Ricky Pearsall returning next season?

Speaking of, compare Ricky's first two seasons of NCAA ball to Whittemore and even he has similar stats. He turned into a good WR.
Honestly Henderson has been pretty average as well. Our WR core by SEC standards is pretty average. Think of the Spurrier and Meyer days and the WRs that were on those teams. These guys we have would be lucky to see the field on those teams.

Reactions: ocalaman
Honestly Henderson has been pretty average as well. Our WR core by SEC standards is pretty average. Think of the Spurrier and Meyer days and the WRs that were on those teams. These guys we have would be lucky to see the field on those teams.
No argument from me on that.

I just didn't see how Reynolds got snaps over Whittemore. That did us no good. It pushed Trent out the door, pushed Creed out the door before truly stepping foot inside, and Reynolds didn't even stick around.

I still say had Trent got the snaps over Reynolds, he would have been the 3 catch difference we needed to be 7-5 and not 6-6.

I’m sure more WRs would catch passes if the QB had better than a 33% completion percentage. And like the thread title stated we were down 5 WRs to begin with so not sure what you were expecting. Neither Whittemore or Reynolds were ever going to contribute much at UF. Whittemore was already in his 3rd season and hasn’t done much.
Yeah I get we had a ton of WR out...that didn't explain throwing the ball in the dirt like 8 yards in the flats lol.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT