ADVERTISEMENT

College World Series Thread...every game is of interest

no he's no better than Martin, they GET SHUT DOWN by hs teams on this stage every season. this is the most pathetic appearance of them all. He needs to go ahead and go to Texas to be like the rest of their sports coaches and waste talent and underachieve. No one could do worse overall at this stage handed all this talent. Coastal carolina and texas tech lol. The reason why he needs to leave? No one is surprised a single bit at these results, that's when you are the Bills or the Cubs. When you know you have no chance

Anytime you get to Omaha it's a good year, but these chances are so rare that you would like to win one of these things With our pitching we didn't even need good hitting, just average hitting and we would have won.

no he's no better than Martin, they GET SHUT DOWN by hs teams on this stage every season. this is the most pathetic appearance of them all. He needs to go ahead and go to Texas to be like the rest of their sports coaches and waste talent and underachieve. No one could do worse overall at this stage handed all this talent. Coastal carolina and texas tech lol. The reason why he needs to leave? No one is surprised a single bit at these results, that's when you are the Bills or the Cubs. When you know you have no chance
Well, half of our trips to Omaha have come under his watch so I wouldn't be so quick to toss him out.....

O'Sullivan is a great coach. He's not up there taking strikes and swinging at balls. All he can do is put them in positions to perform and they just aren't coming through at the plate.

Heck.... we will take'em in Tally..... boot him.....

Bless our little hearts. Two throwing errors on one play. One by a seasoned junior.

BTW, to this point, our starting four batters, two junior players that were both drafted and the other two seasoned sophomores, are a combined 5-26. With 6 strike outs.

They have struck out more times than they have hit.

Not going to win many games that way.

Our hitting has been suspect all year, so at this stage you are going to see very hot pitchers....and hot pitching will shut down average hitting...again, the only change I would make is a new hitting coach.

Hate that those two errors hurt us along with basically 1 pitching mistake.
Yep. Yet both teams we faced were prefect, defensively.

JJ got robbed of a double and at least one RBI. Maybe two. That great catch by the SS on a Guthrie blooper. And then that great throw from right filed that gunned down India.

Teams have been playing lights out defense against us lately. And we have not.

Like I said make all the excuses you want for sully but he's flat out not only not gotten it done, he's getting dominated by clown show schools each and every year. It's not an accident, it's a trend. I can't watch that awful brand of college anymore much less wasted talent of epic proportions along with the joke strike zones

Like I said make all the excuses you want for sully but he's flat out not only not gotten it done, he's getting dominated by clown show schools each and every year. It's not an accident, it's a trend. I can't watch that awful brand of college anymore much less wasted talent of epic proportions along with the joke strike zones
Losing 2-1 and 3-2 to a couple of teams in Omaha is being dominated? Good lord, no other coach in the country has been to Omaha 5 times in the last 9 years....sure lets fire him so we can go back to the days of being eliminated every year in regional play.....

our hitters were absolutely shut down both games like they never played the sport before

We seem to always fall flat on our faces in the CWS. Well at least we came back and beat FSU.

Losing 2-1 and 3-2 to a couple of teams in Omaha is being dominated? Good lord, no other coach in the country has been to Omaha 5 times in the last 9 years....sure lets fire him so we can go back to the days of being eliminated every year in regional play.....

Exactly. We've been to the CWS more under Sully than in our entire history before him, but now all of a sudden its championship or bust for Florida baseball. It's laughable.

Reactions: MJWilliamson
Exactly. We've been to the CWS more under Sully than in our entire history before him, but now all of a sudden its championship or bust for Florida baseball. It's laughable.

Like making the college football playoffs, the CWS should be enjoyed simply in the realization that you can never win the NCS or CWS if you don't get to that level. All the teams that get that far have shown they have the talent, skill, and coaching. Some teams or players get hot at just the right time. Sure being favored and going 2 and Q is disappointing but well over 100 teams would gladly have traded places.

Sully has made us care about baseball. I can understand the emotion after two very, very tough losses. But he has been the best coach in the History of Florida baseball and it isn't even close.

Clemson just fired their coach last year. He has taken the Tigers to more CWSs than Sully has taken Florida. So, they hired a new coach and he promptly earns the Tigers a National Seed. And the Tigers are eliminated in the Region. They did not even make it to the Super Regional.

To be successful, a program need a coach that can recruit and develop players. We have one that can do that.

So none of you expect to do better than 0-2 with the talent on the team in Omaha or not even come close to the Finals yet again after all the years of stockpiling all this talent... There's no excuse for them to be as bad as they are when they get there time after time, it's not the players all these times that are the issue.

So none of you expect to do better than 0-2 with the talent on the team in Omaha or not even come close to the Finals yet again after all the years of stockpiling all this talent... There's no excuse for them to be as bad as they are when they get there time after time, it's not the players all these times that are the issue.
I agree that Sully has some short-comings, but didn't we make it to the championship game last year?

He's a very good coach. He's the best that UF has ever had so your likely not going to find somebody better. His biggest obstacles are he needs to improve his in-game coaching and needs to hire a reputable hitting coach. I believe "his style" will cause issues in the CWS though which is a little overly reliant on pitching & defense. He's an incredible recruiter and developer of pitchers.

UF used to make it to the CWS about once every 5-7 years b4 Sully, now it is rare for them to miss it. You want to run this guy? Please do...we will take him in a heartbeat when Martin retires.

This is NOT Sully's fault but the players. I believe he did all he could do. The players were not and will not be ready for the bigtime. This is why I believe most of the players who were drafted will be a bust well all the pitchers. They are not ready for the bigtimes...

So none of you expect to do better than 0-2 with the talent on the team in Omaha or not even come close to the Finals yet again after all the years of stockpiling all this talent...

Nice straw man.

No one says that.

Florida never used to get this level of talent either, he has more than most teams if not all.. and he's simply not getting it done with it or even coming close when it matters. to blame the players year after year is just not the case, he can't be let off the hook for how bad they look in omaha on a yearly basis. It was another awful showing and wasted year with what they had in my eyes.. Even though it's expected now and I saw the signs already in the SEC tournament again with how the games were being managed and the players playing tight yet again coming up short. It's not the same as Izzo getting to the Final Four each year and coming up short, they don't always have a major talent advantage like we have built in baseball.

Sully has recruited very well. Better than any previous Florida coach. Sully develops his players very well and send a large number to the MLB as high draft choices. Better than any previous Florida coach. Sully has taken Florida to the CWS more than any single Gator coach. Sully has doubled the number of CWS appearances of all Florida coaches combined. Sully is only one of two Florida coaches to take Florida to the finals.

I can understand the disappointment with not winning it all, give all those above accomplishments. One would expect and hope for a title, given all of that. But it sounds to me like you are advocating a change in coaching.

If so, that is insanity.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT