ADVERTISEMENT

College football playoff scenarios...

If Bama beats Georgia (which is unlikely), Texas wins their conference, Washington beats Oregon, Michigan wins, FSU wins...the committee will have their hands full. SEC is down this year, and most people acknowledge that.

Yep that Texas head to head win @Bama puts them in a pickle if Bama beats GA but how could Bama not go with that Georgia win and how could Oregon not go over Texas either with a big win in the PAC12 CG and much better loss.

FSU and Georgia are going to play for the national Title…

sadgator told everyone this weeks ago…

And it is going to be like the 9th level of hell for Gator fans…

This is where we’re at…

Well at least that matchup is likely the semi-finals. If Oregon wins we could get that I guess.

Last edited:
Looking at their rankings it is going to be a big issue if Bama and TX win unless FSU loses. Georgia would get some talk to go over TX in a close loss and an FSU loss but I highly doubt the committee would pull that with the TX - Bama situation.

Let's keep all the playoff talk in the thread where it belongs instead of creating a thread for every team or game

Reactions: Gator Fever
No I don't. TX beat them head to head on their own field so the SEC has no hold over them. It would be crazy to ignore that.
But Bama just beat the back to back National Champions of the mighty SEC in Georgia who hasnt lost in 2.5 years. Holla at me when Texas does that.

Sugar Bowl (Playoff semifinal): Michigan vs. Alabama

Rose Bowl (Playoff semifinal): Washington vs. Texas

Last edited:
I think Ole Miss is getting screwed out of a NY6 bowl now because Liberty or SMU is getting a slot and the Orange Bowl has to take Louisville if FSU is in the playoff even though they aren't in the top 12.

• Haha
Reactions: gatordad3
But yet the ACC is 6-4 vs the SEC who is 6-9 out of conference this year. Seriously, it's such a double standard, defense wins championships, but apparently that only counts when it's a team not named FSU. Hell, the Ravens won Superbowl purely on their defense. FSU has only allowed like 40 points in the 4th qtr all season. (and scored 140+)

"That performance by the FSU defense, one in which it totally smothered a Louisville offense which entered Saturday averaging more yards per play than Michigan, Texas and Alabama, showed why the Seminoles should get a spot in the College Football Playoff."

Look, I'm not blind to the fact we're not the same team we were with Jordan Travis. He was named ACC Player of the Year and Offensive Player of the year for a reason. But should FSU be penalized for his injury? Should FSU have been penalized for losing Weinki in 1998 and not been able to play Tenn? What if Tebow went down before the 2008 Championship? Should they have allowed the next team in because of it? This team seams to always figure out a way to win. People act like 13-0 is some kinda gift.

We could make it in and get throttled or maybe we don't. We certainly have a better chance than TCU who had zero defense. Personally, I'm fine with the Orange Bowl...2 years ago we lost to Jacksonville State and here we are 2 years later at 13-0. But what happens if FSU were to somehow manage a win over OSU and wind up 14-0. Doesn't that kinda defeat the purpose of the CFP?

But yet the ACC is 6-4 vs the SEC who is 6-9 out of conference this year. Seriously, it's such a double standard, defense wins championships, but apparently that only counts when it's a team not named FSU. Hell, the Ravens won Superbowl purely on their defense. FSU has only allowed like 40 points in the 4th qtr all season. (and scored 140+)

"That performance by the FSU defense, one in which it totally smothered a Louisville offense which entered Saturday averaging more yards per play than Michigan, Texas and Alabama, showed why the Seminoles should get a spot in the College Football Playoff."

Look, I'm not blind to the fact we're not the same team we were with Jordan Travis. He was named ACC Player of the Year and Offensive Player of the year for a reason. But should FSU be penalized for his injury? Should FSU have been penalized for losing Weinki in 1998 and not been able to play Tenn? What if Tebow went down before the 2008 Championship? Should they have allowed the next team in because of it? This team seams to always figure out a way to win. People act like 13-0 is some kinda gift.

We could make it in and get throttled or maybe we don't. We certainly have a better chance than TCU who had zero defense. Personally, I'm fine with the Orange Bowl...2 years ago we lost to Jacksonville State and here we are 2 years later at 13-0. But what happens if FSU were to somehow manage a win over OSU and wind up 14-0. Doesn't that kinda defeat the purpose of the CFP?

Iowa would beat the ville. Lousiville qb might be the worst in the nation and the Iowa D is one of the best. KY jelly handled the ville and they are mid pack sec team at best. However, as I mentioned, not fair to punish fsu for losing QB. Yes, they will get bitched slapped, but they've earned the right to the playoffs.

Reactions: alaskanseminole
4 best teams are in and we will hopefully have good games from that. Smart to keep Texas away from Alabama. Now Harbaugh gets to dread playing Nick again. Sarkisian said he will play anybody.
Looks like I had it right last night, see post #51

4 best teams are in and we will hopefully have good games from that. Smart to keep Texas away from Alabama. Now Harbaugh gets to dread playing Nick again. Sarkisian said he will play anybody.

The reaction in the Michigan players room was classic🤣🤣🤣

CFB is about mathups now. No way that a group of 4 people can decide who the best 4 teams are. It's part of the charm of college football.

Where's my Hole hating buddy, @ih8f$u?

I’m here. While I would much rather have had them lose every single week so we never have to hear their whining, at their best they weren’t a top 5 team. This could be more damaging to their program though, so I’ll take it. They’re coastal Carolina or liberty now, like they always should have been. They got 30 years of coasting off of weak schedules and getting to play 2-3 game seasons. The chickens are finally coming home to roost. They are getting a NY6 bowl, which is all a G5 team should ever expect, so they can cut their whining.

I’m here. While I would much rather have had them lose every single week so we never have to hear their whining, at their best they weren’t a top 5 team. This could be more damaging to their program though, so I’ll take it. They’re coastal Carolina or liberty now, like they always should have been. They got 30 years of coasting off of weak schedules and getting to play 2-3 game seasons. The chickens are finally coming home to roost. They are getting a NY6 bowl, which is all a G5 team should ever expect, so they can cut their whining.
They'll never learn that being a bully in the ACC don't mean Schitt.

They'll never learn that being a bully in the ACC don't mean Schitt.
But we're supposed to ignore that the ACC went 6-4 vs an SEC conference that went 6-9 OOC? This isn't about 2022 or 2024. It's about 2023.

406498507_10160024118316596_5485040795825609954_n.jpg

Oh, I get it. But you'll notice that I'm a much different poster at 50, then I was 20 years ago when I first started posting here. I tend to look at things more objectively and not through the lens of some dumba$$ery rivalry like some on here (and across ALL fanbases).

I see both sides of this and I realize I'm choosing to post these comments on a rival's board. Let's not forget that I first started posting here after I lost my best friend who was a Gator Alumn. At the end of the day it's just a game, for me. But looking at who those players are and what Norvell has built transcends the game. These aren't the Noles of old. You haven't seen a single arrest have you? Even the player who was spat on by a UF player kept his head. Even when the UF fraternities were flying classless banners making fun of J-Trav, they kept their heads. I'm heavy hearted for the players. #finishfor13

Oh, I get it. But you'll notice that I'm a much different poster at 50, then I was 20 years ago when I first started posting here. I tend to look at things more objectively and not through the lens of some dumba$$ery rivalry like some on here (and across ALL fanbases).

I see both sides of this and I realize I'm choosing to post these comments on a rival's board. Let's not forget that I first started posting here after I lost my best friend who was a Gator Alumn. At the end of the day it's just a game, for me. But looking at who those players are and what Norvell has built transcends the game. These aren't the Noles of old. You haven't seen a single arrest have you? Even the player who was spat on by a UF player kept his head. Even when the UF fraternities were flying classless banners making fun of J-Trav, they kept their heads. I'm heavy hearted for the players. #finishfor13
Tough break for sure.

The head of committee was brutally honest, the Jordan Travis injury was a big part of the reason

Last edited:
Reactions: SwampMaster
Being a gator fan I can’t feel to badly about UGA and FSU getting the shaft. But the playoff committee is a pimp. They are going with the sexy choice. For that Georgia a defending back to back champion with 29 wins in a row and FSU undefeated and conference champion with a M*A*S*H unit for a quarterback room get to watch a couple of once beaten teams play for it all.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT