ADVERTISEMENT

College Football Playoff Rankings & CFP Scenarios for UCF Foootball

Let's use a boxing analogy: Let's say UCF is a professional boxer, and he has a 30-0 record with 30 KOs. But the only people he's fought, are the people posting on this board.

Meanwhile, the heavyweight champ is 25-5, but he's fighting guys like Anthony Joshua and Deontay Wilder every time.

The UCF guy says it's BS that he can't get a title shot, because he's 30-0 and the other guy has 5 losses!

See how silly it is? See how silly the 'well let's just give the kid a shot and see what happens!' argument is?

The UCF boxer hasn't DONE anything to DESERVE a shot. And just because he wants one doesn't mean we should give it to him just to shut him up.

Fight Deontay Wilder and Anthony Joshua if you want a shot. This isn't that hard.

Reactions: Dannygator1989
I don't think you're getting my point.

Let's say Bama and UCF switched schedules. Both teams played the other team's schedule, and at the end of the season, both teams would face each other in the playoffs, regardless of record.

Just from a health standpoint: Which team is going to be healthier?

Which team is going to be fresher?

Which team is going to have better chemistry from having fewer injuries and letting their starters work together more?

The answer to all will be Alabama. Alabama will come into the playoffs with a huge advantage, because while Bama was playing cupcakes every single week, UCF was having to play LSU then Miss State, then aubarn, then Georgia.

Bama got to rest its starters, who will come in fresh as a daisy. UCF's starters will either be out for the year, or dealing with nagging injuries if they can still play.

Bama wins by 40.

Now have Bama and UCF play the same schedule, and see what happens........that was my point.

I got your point and agree with you, my point is you think I am looking at UCF as getting hosed because of the fact they will never get a sniff in the 4 team playoff. I don't think they are one of the 4 best teams, I think even if you guys got smashed on Saturday and they smashed Memphis that you deserve to get in over them.

My point is that yes they don't play the caliber of opponents any SEC team plays, but they do play and beat the teams they arguably have the same amount of talent due to their lower level of recruiting. They don't have the lines Alabama has, nor will they ever.

They have beaten a Auburn team that did beat you guys last year, while I don't believe in transitive results that did surprise me and most in the nation. Auburn beat the two best teams last year and lost to a UCF team they should have handled. For whatever reason they did not, it led a sliver of credence to the claim of people overlooking them.

To make it clear my point isn't necessarily that UCF is worthy of being given a playoff spot because they have won 25 in a row, no my point is more in the belief of an 8 team playoff being a more credible way of deciding it on the field.

I was watching ESPN and their playoff projections and it was maddening. They kept posting scenarios of what if this team won or that team won on championship Saturday. The analysts argued over perception of losses, who is playing great, how many points have they won by, should conference titles be used more as tie breakers or should early season wins mean more.

I was left more confused as to why Oklahoma or Ohio State could get in because of this or that. Six teams are separated by what ifs and scenario winning formulas.

I thought the BCS formulaic crap was done with, no it's more of the same. I thought it was stupid then to call it a playoff at 4 when there are supposedly 5 major conferences. I think the stupidity of these shows prove my thoughts right. We were supposed to have definitive answers, we just have more headaches.

I got your point and agree with you, my point is you think I am looking at UCF as getting hosed because of the fact they will never get a sniff in the 4 team playoff. I don't think they are one of the 4 best teams, I think even if you guys got smashed on Saturday and they smashed Memphis that you deserve to get in over them.

My point is that yes they don't play the caliber of opponents any SEC team plays, but they do play and beat the teams they arguably have the same amount of talent due to their lower level of recruiting. They don't have the lines Alabama has, nor will they ever.

They have beaten a Auburn team that did beat you guys last year, while I don't believe in transitive results that did surprise me and most in the nation. Auburn beat the two best teams last year and lost to a UCF team they should have handled. For whatever reason they did not, it led a sliver of credence to the claim of people overlooking them.

To make it clear my point isn't necessarily that UCF is worthy of being given a playoff spot because they have won 25 in a row, no my point is more in the belief of an 8 team playoff being a more credible way of deciding it on the field.

I was watching ESPN and their playoff projections and it was maddening. They kept posting scenarios of what if this team won or that team won on championship Saturday. The analysts argued over perception of losses, who is playing great, how many points have they won by, should conference titles be used more as tie breakers or should early season wins mean more.

I was left more confused as to why Oklahoma or Ohio State could get in because of this or that. Six teams are separated by what ifs and scenario winning formulas.

I thought the BCS formulaic crap was done with, no it's more of the same. I thought it was stupid then to call it a playoff at 4 when there are supposedly 5 major conferences. I think the stupidity of these shows prove my thoughts right. We were supposed to have definitive answers, we just have more headaches.

What would Vandy's record be in the AAC playing UCF's schedule?

I think we both know they would be 10-2 at worst right now. They might even be 12-0.

Would that suddenly make them a better team because their record was better?

And it's not about playing teams with similar talent. It's about them facing lines that are 310 pounds instead of the 270 pounder they see in the AAC. It's about them getting hit by 250 pound LBs instead of the 195 pounders they face in the AAC.

And doing this all season. Part of this whole 'they don't play a Power 5 schedule' point is that they don't get physically beaten up like Power 5 teams do.

After Bama's bye week we played:

LSU
Miss State
The Citadel
aubarn
Georgia

UCF would lose at least 2 of those games, probably 3. They would be guaranteed to lose the Miss State game because they would be physically whipped from paying LSU. And they would lose the Georgia game for the same reason.

As it is now, UCF plays about 2 games on par with Miss State and aubarn, and has them spaced out by 4-5 games. So play 4 easy games to start the season, then Miss State, then 5 easy games, then wrap up with aubarn.

That's why you can't look at their 12-0 record and even consider comparing it to 12-0 in the SEC. It would probably translate to 7-5 or so.

What would Vandy's record be in the AAC playing UCF's schedule?

I think we both know they would be 10-2 at worst right now. They might even be 12-0.

Would that suddenly make them a better team because their record was better?

And it's not about playing teams with similar talent. It's about them facing lines that are 310 pounds instead of the 270 pounder they see in the AAC. It's about them getting hit by 250 pound LBs instead of the 195 pounders they face in the AAC.

And doing this all season. Part of this whole 'they don't play a Power 5 schedule' point is that they don't get physically beaten up like Power 5 teams do.

After Bama's bye week we played:

LSU
Miss State
The Citadel
aubarn
Georgia

UCF would lose at least 2 of those games, probably 3. They would be guaranteed to lose the Miss State game because they would be physically whipped from paying LSU. And they would lose the Georgia game for the same reason.

As it is now, UCF plays about 2 games on par with Miss State and aubarn, and has them spaced out by 4-5 games. So play 4 easy games to start the season, then Miss State, then 5 easy games, then wrap up with aubarn.

That's why you can't look at their 12-0 record and even consider comparing it to 12-0 in the SEC. It would probably translate to 7-5 or so.

Like I said UCF wouldn't do what they have if they were in the SEC, but I can only judge them on what I have seen. They have won 25 straight, they beat Auburn last year in the Peach Bowl. They blew out Pittsburgh this year, they have a very explosive offense.

Everything about what if Vanderbilt played in the American or Mac is just conjecture. I don't want to talk hypotheticals, I just want to see the best teams play. I don't want to hear about perceptions and ridiculous scenarios. I don't want to debate what team should get in over a team with similar credentials, I want a definite result.

Three years ago I would have liked to see Alabama play the defending champion Ohio State. This year I don't want to hear about SEC bias if Alabama loses and still gets the four seed. I want to see Washington, Oklahoma, Ohio State, Notre Dame, Clemson, Alabama compete as conference champs (except independent Notre Dame). I want to see an undefeated UCF and possibly Georgia if they lose a close game get a shot.

UCF would get slaughtered ( especially without Milton) against Alabama in my mind. Then again I thought Auburn would smash them.

You don't want to see a playoff because it devalues and waters down the championship.

I think it actually makes it more exciting and legitimate. Are you less interested in the games now than when it was in the old day? Does it mean less to you when you see Alabama beat Clemson and Georgia to win the National Title? You wouldn't have gotten that shot without the playoff, Ohio State wouldn't have either.

Like I said UCF wouldn't do what they have if they were in the SEC, but I can only judge them on what I have seen. They have won 25 straight, they beat Auburn last year in the Peach Bowl. They blew out Pittsburgh this year, they have a very explosive offense.

Everything about what if Vanderbilt played in the American or Mac is just conjecture. I don't want to talk hypotheticals, I just want to see the best teams play. I don't want to hear about perceptions and ridiculous scenarios. I don't want to debate what team should get in over a team with similar credentials, I want a definite result.

Three years ago I would have liked to see Alabama play the defending champion Ohio State. This year I don't want to hear about SEC bias if Alabama loses and still gets the four seed. I want to see Washington, Oklahoma, Ohio State, Notre Dame, Clemson, Alabama compete as conference champs (except independent Notre Dame). I want to see an undefeated UCF and possibly Georgia if they lose a close game get a shot.

UCF would get slaughtered ( especially without Milton) against Alabama in my mind. Then again I thought Auburn would smash them.

You don't want to see a playoff because it devalues and waters down the championship.

I think it actually makes it more exciting and legitimate. Are you less interested in the games now than when it was in the old day? Does it mean less to you when you see Alabama beat Clemson and Georgia to win the National Title? You wouldn't have gotten that shot without the playoff, Ohio State wouldn't have either.

So again, let's just put UCF in cause they've won a lotta games against a lotta bad teams and who knows maybe they suck maybe they are awesome but all I know is they beat every team in front of them and I think that's worth seeing what they would do in the playoffs

Got it. Disagree completely, but I get your point.

Reactions: PlutoDroid
So again, let's just put UCF in cause they've won a lotta games against a lotta bad teams and who knows maybe they suck maybe they are awesome but all I know is they beat every team in front of them and I think that's worth seeing what they would do in the playoffs

Got it. Disagree completely, but I get your point.

Part of me wants to root for them, then again part of me wants to see them get smashed. It's odd, having grown up around the Orlando area I love seeing the upstarts getting some publicity, they need to shut up about being the kings of Florida though.

Until they get an invite to a better league , they need to seek out any big game possible. They will most likely get smashed on the road, but if they can make a good showing perhaps the perception may change. Until the playoff expands to 6 or 8, hopefully never larger, schools like UCF will never get a shot unless they take the tough road game and win it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT