ADVERTISEMENT

Chris Steele "silent commit" to Florida

GatorGraz

Baby Gator
Sep 18, 2018
Gainesville, Fl
My inside guy tells me that Chris Steele has already spoke with Mullen and will commit publicly whenever Mullen wants him to. He recently de-committed from USC a few days ago. Steele has been high on the Gators for awhile but the hold up has been his family wasn't thrilled having him leave California to go all the way to Florida. That has since been resolved and he is all in. That would our first 5 star commit and might start the momentum we need to top off this 2019 class with a bang.

He’s not going to publicly commit until the All American Game on January 5th but he is an early enrollee. Likely going to end up at UF or Oregon now.

He’s UF and however Dan wants to scheme this is what will happen. Idk what’s the best option because it seems committing now would be a great statement and sign to other top guys that we are trending in the right direction on and off the field.

Everybody wants to be an insider.. Just let the kid commit in January... I'm sure u don't know what you're talking about..

More like a mostly 'quite commit' (not official) than a totally 'silent' (nobody knows) commit.... :cool:

And yes, I posted here a day or two ago that he's said that he 'wants' to commit at his AA game, but I haven't seen that chiseled in stone anywhere, so we won't really know until it actually happens. :rolleyes:

I'm good with whenever, just as long as he signs his LOI for UF eventually. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: GatorGraz
I'm always leery of West Coast commits. The closer it gets to NSD, most of them decide to stay nearer home. Would be nice to get the kid, but wouldn't back off on other high level recruits at the same position.

4-5 Star Chris Steele 61.5 187
He visited UF twice in June and he liked what he saw, so maybe?
He could play anywhere in the secondary with his size, maybe at the Star position?

Even when he committed to USC in July, UF coaches never stopped contacting him.
They stuck with him and that might make the difference.
Also, playing in the SEC at DB-U is big for him it seems.
~ He does have family in Atlanta, so distance might not be as big of a deal.
(The vast majority of USC fans are saying Florida) ;)
Chris: "Florida is the 'REAL' DB-U." (LSwho :p)

USC is still in the mix along with 3 others mentioned.
UF, Ore, and Ok, but OK fired their DC, so no guarantee on their DB coach.

UF has plenty of room for both Steele and Elam...

247's Crystal Ball has it currently at"

USC 65% -- 10 CB;s, 2 verbals
UF 22% -- 5 CB's, 2 verbals
Ore 11% - 11 CB's, 3 verbals
Chokers 3% - 9 CB's, 2 verbals

And as always, nobody really knows until the LOI is signed and in house. o_O

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT