ADVERTISEMENT

Capital One Cup Final Standings 2016-17

yet fsu fans are blasting it all over with that nonsense one that came out today totally geared to qualify them because of football

yet fsu fans are blasting it all over with that nonsense one that came out today totally geared to qualify them because of football

Right, who in their right mind would value a superior college football program more than rowing? It's a CBS conspiracy. The Capital Cup system also factors fb more heavily, just not as much.

Last edited:
oh now it's a conspiracy when someone calls out the nonsense of having a one sport school over schools that actually not only are good at all other sports, but win Hardware and rings in them... Which fsu does not

oh now it's a conspiracy when someone calls out the nonsense of having a one sport school over schools that actually not only are good at all other sports, but win Hardware and rings in them... Which fsu does not

FSU went to the CWS and finished 6th in baseball, men's basketball again beat UF head-to-head this year, and went to the NCAA tourney, women's BB made the elite 8 losing to the #1 seed and eventual National Champion, women's soccer also went to the NCAA tourney. FSU football finished in the top 19 by beating a higher ranked opponent , #6 Michigan, in the NY6 Orange Bowl and won head-to-head vs UF. FSU finished #13 in the Director's Cup. I find it difficult to consider these facts and agree with your conclusion that FSU is a one sport school.

FSU went to the CWS and finished 6th in baseball, men's basketball again beat UF head-to-head this year, and went to the NCAA tourney, women's BB made the elite 8 losing to the #1 seed and eventual National Champion, women's soccer also went to the NCAA tourney. FSU football finished in the top 19 by beating a higher ranked opponent , #6 Michigan, in the NY6 Orange Bowl and won head-to-head vs UF. FSU finished #13 in the Director's Cup. I find it difficult to consider these facts and agree with your conclusion that FSU is a one sport school.
How many national titles has FSU won outside of football? It isn't very many.

The metrics for earning points for the awards discussed only account for that season's standings. I'm also certain that a team does not have to have the National title in order to earn points. As opposed to #numbers assertion that FSU is a one sport school, these awards are a product of the final standings in multiple sports. This would explain, for example, why Bama does not factor so heavily in these awards.

Here are FSU's national titles:
Football 1993, 1999, 2013
Men's Volleyball - 1955, 1957, 1958
Men's Gymnastics - 1951, 1952
Men's Outdoor Track & Field - 2006, 2008
Women's Indoor Track & Field - 1985
Women's Outdoor Track & Field - 1984
Women's Soccer - 2014
Women's Golf - 1981
Women's Slowpitch Softball - 1981, 1982
Women's Cheerleading - 1997

I also like how the fsu fans have been telling me about their basketball program being better now because of a few head to head games early in the years.. While we just went to the Elite 8 AGAIN for like the 7th time going at least that deep in the last 10 years, each tournament we've made since 06 other than one year we made it at least that far, and with three Final Fours and two back to back Championships on top of that... a SLEW of things FSU hasn't done

I also like how the fsu fans have been telling me about their basketball program being better now because of a few head to head games early in the years.. While we just went to the Elite 8 AGAIN for like the 7th time going at least that deep in the last 10 years, each tournament we've made since 06 other than one year we made it at least that far, and with three Final Fours and two back to back Championships on top of that... a SLEW of things FSU hasn't done

Very nice stuff and congrats. Also has nothing to do with the sports award for last years' accomplishments, which was the thread topic. Don't let FSU's recent domination of the football rivarly take anything from UF winning a CWS( I'm jealous) and the other quality sports that put UF so high in the Director's Cup.

im just bringing it up from a nole telling me how they had a better basketball program, then thought they went to the elite 8 when they didn't, and the Gators had again...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT