ADVERTISEMENT

Cale Gundy Out At OU

To clarify, I’m speaking generically. We don’t even know exactly what happened in this situation, and I would venture to guess that no one knows anything about this guy’s personal persona for context. Maybe he is racist and exhibits it daily, but why was he there for 20+ years if that is the case?
Cause Brent is the head guy and had an excuse.

At what point can a fair generalization be made?
At no point. Unless you are ok with being a hypocrite.

Stereotyping young black males and stereotyping old white males are essentially the same thing. Two wrongs don’t make a right. Even if those stereotypes are “accurate” in your mind.

Reactions: LTGator
Guys, I am not saying this topic is not allowed to be discussed but it has zero to do with UF so this kind of discussion needs to go in the Locker Room not The Swamp. I am moving this thread now...

Not blaming the player, it’s a word, people need to get over it. My point is the player was using it to speak to whoever he was speaking to. Whether the statement read said “Do you like that girl” or anything else, it was read directly to show what apparently seemed more important enough to not be paying attention & was read out loud. That’s it, that’s the point. Unless someone is directing threats or assaults at individuals this “word game” is nonsense!
Get over a racial slur in a world that racism is more evident than ever… Godspeed

• Haha
Reactions: tbbuc99
Actually wouldn’t it be young black people who think that word is ok?

Actually its my generation of black people that started to use the word in public

1. No one would consider me "young"

2. Just like using a term like "negro" is more about the connotation & context its used in rather than just whether or not the term is used

3. None of us know what exactly occurred but does it seem a little farfetched that OU just fired their OC for reading out loud a word on a football player's iPad?

Reactions: 74gator
Actually its my generation of black people that started to use the word in public

1. No one would consider me "young"

2. Just like using a term like "negro" is more about the connotation & context its used in rather than just whether or not the term is used

3. None of us know what exactly occurred but does it seem a little farfetched that OU just fired their OC for reading out loud a word on a football player's iPad?
I hear you.

Yeah I believe there has to be more to it than that.

Look at all you defending an old a$$ white man who said the N word. News flash, it wasnt ok to say it 50 years ago and its not ok to say it now. Not about some BS pc police.
You would probably have a stroke if you heard me karaoke Nelly's Country Grammar. haha

Reactions: 8yrGator
Get over a racial slur in a world that racism is more evident than ever… Godspeed
"racism is more evident than ever"...is it?

and I don't agree that someone should say "get over it" when referring to a racial slur, but I also don't believe racism is more pronounced that ever, it might be more "evident" because racism is thrown around a lot today when it might be racism, and it might not.

Did he racially slur someone? I don't use that word, but I've read writings with that word & have watched movies for entertainment with that word thrown out ad nauseam for no real reason, but again if he was reading from an iPad and in the course of reading what was on it, leads to him needing to resign or be fired after 24 yrs of working with people of all ethnicities? Hmm, ok, yeah we won't see it the same for sure, Godspeed to you as well though.

The "some" are millions of those people over a couple hndred years of the history of this country

At what point can a fair generalization be made?

And the "group" he was labeling were the people on this thread
I could be wrong but I think most of them are older white men
And at what point does laying the sins of the great-grandfathers, grandfathers & fathers upon the sons & grandsons end?

If the word's that bad - and it is - maybe NO ONE should use it.

"racism is more evident than ever"...is it?

and I don't agree that someone should say "get over it" when referring to a racial slur, but I also don't believe racism is more pronounced that ever, it might be more "evident" because racism is thrown around a lot today when it might be racism, and it might not.
By "get over it" I mean the nonsense. I'm not for anyone using racist slurs directed to or referring to someone no matter what. Apparently, it was announced that he read whatever a player was writing, distracting him from paying attention. As he read it exposing what was "more important" than paying attention, he said a word.
Fired/Resigned, whatever, it's nonsense. To me, they weren't his words, he was exposing what the "teammate'" viewed as more important than paying attention.
He should definitely apologize as reading through that and saying it, I'd just look at the kid and say grow up & pay attention! Unless this is an ongoing history with this guy, I'll say it again, nonsense.

And at what point does laying the sins of the great-grandfathers, grandfathers & fathers upon the sons & grandsons end?

If the word's that bad - and it is - maybe NO ONE should use it.
If racisms wasn't still a thing then I agree. But racism and anti-Semitism is the highest its been in 12 years (as of 2021) according to the FBI and DOJ. Almost like some guy made it ok to say the quiet part outload.

• Haha
Reactions: Rushie and Mdfgator
If racisms wasn't still a thing then I agree. But racism and anti-Semitism is the highest its been in 12 years (as of 2021) according to the FBI and DOJ. Almost like some guy made it ok to say the quiet part outload.
There's your problem, pay attention closely to the FBI & doj & you'll realize the agencies that aren't supposed to be politicized, have so become. The military isn't far behind, like I said pay attention, you'll see how it goes.

Probably never a good idea to read messages from college kids out loud.
Do like my former school teacher did. Make the student read it out loud themselves. Love notes or whatever we were writing.

My coach always jumped my azz for doodling in the playbook until he realized that is what made me focus more. ADHD was highly undocumented then or wasn't accepted.

Do like my former school teacher did. Make the student read it out loud themselves. Love notes or whatever we were writing.

My coach always jumped my azz for doodling in the playbook until he realized that is what made me focus more. ADHD was highly undocumented then or wasn't accepted.
"Do like my former school teacher did. Make the student read it out loud themselves. Love notes or whatever we were writing."

Great point. Also, the ADHD statement is true, many got swatted across the head for it back in the day!

Reactions: bollesboy
its a think, and it alwasy will be, for all races and creeds. i have no idea how you can measue such a thing with any accuracy though!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT