ADVERTISEMENT

Cale Gundy Out At OU

Has to be more to the story than "reading what someone had on their screen"
Yep, I smell BS. The “word” said not intentional or directed toward anyone, but was read allowed is stating what was so important to someone not paying attention. People need to stop the nonsense, this emotional push is destroying not just a country but the world. If the word is hurtful, why was the player using it & is it hurtful just to hear it? I call BS.

Thinking he was their best recruiter. This will have to hurt at least a little.

Story seems odd. The only thing I could think of was that he read the terrible N word out loud because that's what somebody had on their iPad screen. I didn't realize that he had been there that long. Crazy stuff

Yep, I smell BS. The “word” said not intentional or directed toward anyone, but was read allowed is stating what was so important to someone not paying attention. People need to stop the nonsense, this emotional push is destroying not just a country but the world. If the word is hurtful, why was the player using it & is it hurtful just to hear it? I call BS.
Emotional push… blaming the player….. smh

The “moralizers” who have anointed themselves to judge the rest of us are having a divisive, destructive impact throughout the country. All sorts of people in sports and elsewhere have seen their careers and social standing destroyed for such as this. It’s interesting that so far we’re aware of no player, fellow coach or Oklahoma administrator who has stood up for him. At least from what’s been reported. That may be the really shameful part of the story, but everyone runs scared of recrimination if they speak up. Sad.

The “moralizers” who have anointed themselves to judge the rest of us are having a divisive, destructive impact throughout the country. All sorts of people in sports and elsewhere have seen their careers and social standing destroyed for such as this. It’s interesting that so far we’re aware of no player, fellow coach or Oklahoma administrator who has stood up for him. At least from what’s been reported. That may be the really shameful part of the story, but everyone runs scared of recrimination if they speak up. Sad.
Please confine the culture wars to the parking lot. Thanks much.

SO TRUE

100%

Agreed, they're releasing a movie about that soon, Till.

Here we go.

Jon Stewart Popcorn GIF

Reactions: rjm1987 and DC407
Look at all you defending an old a$$ white man who said the N word. News flash, it wasnt ok to say it 50 years ago and its not ok to say it now. Not about some BS pc police.
Old —- white man….

tell us how you really feel

and I agree that you shouldn’t say the N word, but why are you using white man as a pejorative?

Reactions: NashFLgtr
And you took all this from an article with very few details....

"This issue"? It really is not hard to think before saying/doing something that is inappropriate or offensive.
To clarify, I’m speaking generically. We don’t even know exactly what happened in this situation, and I would venture to guess that no one knows anything about this guy’s personal persona for context. Maybe he is racist and exhibits it daily, but why was he there for 20+ years if that is the case?

Reactions: 74gator
To clarify, I’m speaking generically. We don’t even know exactly what happened in this situation, and I would venture to guess that no one knows anything about this guy’s personal persona for context. Maybe he is racist and exhibits it daily, but why was he there for 20+ years if that is the case?
Agreed, but yet there are folks 100% claiming that he has been wronged. The fact that he resigned though, seems to suggest that he knows there is more out there.

Reactions: RayGravesGhost
Look at all you defending an old a$$ white man who said the N word. News flash, it wasnt ok to say it 50 years ago and its not ok to say it now. Not about some BS pc police.
Yeah !! Get it straight you old white people. Only certain people are allowed to say certain things…… Please, you sound like a fool.

Reactions: 2blupits
Or maybe they’re not standing up for him because they know he’s a bad person and this incident is just the tip of the iceberg?

Emotional push… blaming the player….. smh
Not blaming the player, it’s a word, people need to get over it. My point is the player was using it to speak to whoever he was speaking to. Whether the statement read said “Do you like that girl” or anything else, it was read directly to show what apparently seemed more important enough to not be paying attention & was read out loud. That’s it, that’s the point. Unless someone is directing threats or assaults at individuals this “word game” is nonsense!

So it’s labeling a group of people based on the actions of some….got it, seems fair

The "some" are millions of those people over a couple hndred years of the history of this country

At what point can a fair generalization be made?

And the "group" he was labeling were the people on this thread
I could be wrong but I think most of them are older white men

The "some" are millions of those people over a couple hndred years of the history of this country

At what point can a fair generalization be made?

And the "group" he was labeling were the people on this thread
I could be wrong but I think most of them are older white men
its best not to use divisive language. that goes for everyone.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT