ADVERTISEMENT

Budget Deficit

badselectioncommittee

Gator Great
Nov 19, 2003
The budget deficit has now dropped by over $300 million. Higher revenues, lower spending. Are you guys ready to admit you were wrong about Obama's fiscal policies?

Yep. I see the error of my ways. We're down to spending $700 billion more than we take in. Bang up job there, Barry.

Originally posted by BringBackBonner:
I assume this post is intended to stir the pot and isn't an accurate representation of what you believe...
I didn't state what I believe. I just stated a fact and asked a question.

Originally posted by Hoppo:
Yep. I see the error of my ways. We're down to spending $700 billion more than we take in. Bang up job there, Barry.
You have to admit, at least we are headed in the right direction.

Originally posted by badselectioncommittee:
That's not a guarantee. One year does not a trend make. We could very well expand the deficit next year. It is entirely possible, even probable, that tax receipts have been so high because of so many people moving equities at the end of 2012. If that turns out to be the case, then expect to see revenues fall short of expectations next year. And since the government likes to spend up to expectations and beyond, that means the deficit could increase once again.

This doesn't even account for the ACA spending that is set to kick in.

I assume this post is intended to stir the pot and isn't an accurate representation of what you believe...
If I'm not mistaken, Bad is sarcastically submitting a very limited segment of information as conclusive proof of his alleged point of view (that Obama is doing something good).

Did ya ever notice how only non-hardcore conservatives are accused of stirring the pot around here?

That's not a guarantee. One year does not a trend make. We could very well expand the deficit next year. It is entirely possible, even probable, that tax receipts have been so high because of so many people moving equities at the end of 2012. If that turns out to be the case, then expect to see revenues fall short of expectations next year. And since the government likes to spend up to expectations and beyond, that means the deficit could increase once again.

I believe you are right about the capital gains. I know I took some profits in 2012 before the rates went up. But that is a benefit (from a fiscal perspective anyway) of raising rates, it gets people to realize some of their gains. However, there may not be as much a decrease in 2013 as you may think because of the rising stock market.

The ACA won't impact the deficit until 2014, which means we won't see the numbers until 2015. Actually, I'm not sure but I think they are on a June fiscal year end, which means we may not see the major impact until 2016. Shrewd planning on their part.

The budget deficit has now dropped by over $300 million. Higher revenues, lower spending. Are you guys ready to admit you were wrong about Obama's fiscal policies?
And yet it is still higher(as much as x2) than Bush's average deficit.

Originally posted by GatorTheo:

If I'm not mistaken, Bad is sarcastically submitting a very limited segment of information as conclusive proof of his alleged point of view (that Obama is doing something good).

Did ya ever notice how only non-hardcore conservatives are accused of stirring the pot around here?
He was obviously stirring the pot, this is more than twice the average annual deficit under Bush which was regarded as a failure and now we want to lower the bar for this guy and declare his doing much worse some sort of success.

Have you ever noticed that all you do is try and play devil's advocate? And that that positions you take to do so are usually incredible logical leaps, usually inaccurate but the only way you can justify your whining?

For the love of god man, everyone lost their ass in the crash, please stop being butt hurt and go make more money ffs.

This only happened because we postponed the TRUE implementation of Obamacare. Just wait, my friend...just wait...

I believe you are right about the capital gains. I know I took some profits in 2012 before the rates went up. But that is a benefit (from a fiscal perspective anyway) of raising rates, it gets people to realize some of their gains. However, there may not be as much a decrease in 2013 as you may think because of the rising stock market.

The ACA won't impact the deficit until 2014, which means we won't see the numbers until 2015. Actually, I'm not sure but I think they are on a June fiscal year end, which means we may not see the major impact until 2016. Shrewd planning on their part.
Maybe I'm right, maybe not. We'll see what monthly tax receipts look like in the upcoming fiscal year. They may go up, but even then it may be significantly below projections, which would be bad news for the deficit. There's no way to tell until the money's already been spent, unfortunately.

Well, damn, somebody needs to. This place has gotten boring. All you do is lurk anymore and rarely post. BONG has all but given up. Nobody talks to Ghost anymore since he's pissed everyone off. And even Lefty has stopped posting. We need some controversy.

Thanks in part to sequester, which the Dems really don't like. Otherwise spending, as well as budget deficit, would be higher.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT