ADVERTISEMENT

Big possible let down spot @Georgia

I think we manage to lose two more in the regular season.

Including an upset to Bruce Pearls Auburn Tigers.

They are a much improved squad over last year.

And, you know, Auburn likes to mess with us.

I agree with a lot of this, but it also is a question of whether shots are falling or not. We have pretty streaky shooters, so we're going to go some droughts. Allen's the only guy whose shot I expect to go in when he's open, although Barry is getting there. USC shot 29 percent, so it's not like we weren't playing defense there. Vandy hit a bunch of threes, which is what they do. When UF is hitting shots from the outside, they're going to compete with anyone because of the way they play defense.

From reading the game comments on these boards, I really think people are overestimating the talent on this team. They are athletic but very limited offensively. They're playing over their heads in my opinion, which is a credit to Mike White and the players. They are a poor man's version of Billy's last Final 4 team, which is one of my favorite teams ever, even up there with the '04s, because of the way they played as a team to overcome their individual limitations. White has a long way to go before he's even mentioned with Billy, but I doubt Billy could have done much better with this group (at least so far.)

every game keeps reminding me of that team, wondering how they blow out teams with no NBA talent..

im watching the SEC final from that year now

>>> I had a small emergency yesterday before I could post this, so I saved it. Now I'll just include it with my @ UGA posting.

PG Kasey Hill
- Season - 10 Pts, 5 Ast, 3 RB.
He drives the engine for the Gators, especially with his on-ball defense. Hill scored a career-high 21 points against UK,

While the Gators lead the SEC in TO's per game (11.7) and TO margin (plus 4.0, which is tied for 10th nationally).
PG Chris Chiozza - On Monday was honored as the SEC Player of the Week, thanks mostly to carding just the fourth triple-double (12 Pts, 12 RBs, 10 Asts) in UF history in the win over Mizzou, but then chasing that with 9 Rbs and 9 Asts against Kentucky.

WoW! Now if the Gators just had a decent PG....

SF Devin Robinsonhad 16 PTs and 9 Rbs against Kentucky, easily the best all-around game of his career because it also featured sustained excellence on defense against some really talented offensive players.

SF Canyon Barry is on a streak of 31 made FT's, so give him the ball at the end if it's a close game.

C John Egbunu had 11 RB's against UGA the last time, and since the mutts lead the SEC in rebounding, he will need to be effective on the boards again without getting into foul trouble.

While the rest of the Gator's are also playing their best B-Ball in their careers over the last 4 games.

It's going to be a knock-down drag-out tonight in Athens, so GooooooooooooGATORS!

=====
=====

(+12) UF 72 - 60 UGA
Team - FG 40.6%, 3Pt 33.3%, FT 13/16 81.3% - 39 Rbs, 12 Stl, 10 Ast, 8 TO, 7 Blk

Hill - 12 Pts, 2 Rbs, 5 Ast, 3 TO, 2 Stl
Cheezy - 15 Pts, 4 Rbs, 2 Ast, 1 TO, 4 Stl
Combined PG's - 27 Pts, 6 Rbs, 7 Ast, 4 TO, 6 Stl.

Barry - 11 Pts, 5 Rbs, 1 Blk, 1 Stl

Leon - 10 Pts, 7 Rbs, 2 TO, 2 Stl
------
Allen - 7 Pts, 3 Rbs, 1 Ast, 1 TO, 1 Stl

Egbunu - 6 Pts, 3 Rbs, 2 Blk, 1 TO

Robinson - 6 Pts, 2 Rbs,

Hayes - 5 Pts, 3 Rbs, 4 Blk, 1 Ast, 1 Stl

Rebounds - UGly 45-39 UF
Assists ------ UF 10 - 10 UGly
Blocks ------- UF 7 - 6 UGly

Steals -------- UF 12 - 2 UGly
Turnovers -- UF 8 - 16 UGly

============

Foley's terrible hires in their 2nd seasons:
Jim McElwain 16 - 10 @ LSU
to secure the Gator's 2nd SECe-C.
Mike White 88 - 66 UK for the biggest win over UK in UF history.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT