ADVERTISEMENT

Bending a knee for PC reasons:

Dr. Curmudgeon

Bull Gator
Oct 17, 2018
The pandering Congress with their pseudo AA apparel kneeling in the foyer was such a contrived stunt to be seen. I have to laugh at these people because they haven't bent a knee since then and I would bet a fortune that they haven't bent a knee for our Lord & Saviour Jesus Christ (even at mass).

Pelosi is Catholic in name only. Do you suppose she goes to mass as required on Sunday's and accepts communion? If so, do you suppose she would have gone to confession and asked forgiveness of her sins? But you cannot ask for forgiveness and expect to receive absolution if your intention is to continue with these sins, and as such shouldn't be receiving communion. Not casting stones, but just making observations.

Pelosi is Catholic in name only. Do you suppose she goes to mass as required on Sunday's and accepts communion? If so, do you suppose she would have gone to confession and asked forgiveness of her sins? But you cannot ask for forgiveness and expect to receive absolution if your intention is to continue with these sins, and as such shouldn't be receiving communion. Not casting stones, but just making observations.
Yeah, we can't judge but we can hold people accountable if they claim to have faith. Endorsing murdering millions of babies is not Christian in the least.

Discern. God gave us this ability. Are you able? I am not calling anybody out. It is right in front of our eyes. Look around. If you cant discern from what is right and wrong, you should rethink things. I know lefties. I will work on that log. If you even know what that means.

It is not for you to judge. Especially when you worship the moral failure that is Trump.

It is not for you to judge. Especially when you worship the moral failure that is Trump.
Do you read? Not judging in the sense you are suggesting, but knowing quite a bit about Catholicism, I can pretty much assume she is in a position to not be able to receive communion on her abortion stance alone. And to continue to sin with the same sin when not intentional to change does not qualify one as receiving absolution under the eyes of God. Not me, just the Church talking.

Last edited:
I never question someone’s religious beliefs.
Perhaps sometimes you should. When one pops off and proclaims their Christian belief and then everything they do disqualifies them, their identity IS NOT in Christ. There are times we can judge. This word simply means to determine and discern something, and with her it's pretty obvious.

Perhaps sometimes you should. When one pops off and proclaims their Christian belief and then everything they do disqualifies them, their identity IS NOT in Christ. There are times we can judge. This word simply means to determine and discern something, and with her it's pretty obvious.

What he was referring to was whether or not you were determining the fate of her everlasting soul...which clearly you were not.

Revelation 21:8
8 But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death.”

Book of Revelation. LOL.

You pretty much just described Trump.

Last edited:
Do you read? Not judging in the sense you are suggesting, but knowing quite a bit about Catholicism, I can pretty much assume she is in a position to not be able to receive communion on her abortion stance alone. And to continue to sin with the same sin when not intentional to change does not qualify one as receiving absolution under the eyes of God. Not me, just the Church talking.
Well, you don’t seem to know as much about Catholicism as you think, especially since you seem to be using its teachings for political purposes.

Well, you don’t seem to know as much about Catholicism as you think, especially since you seem to be using its teachings for political purposes.
Dude, I know Catholicism. Trust me. And there's nothing wrong with teachings for political purposes. And perhaps you might clarify where I am off-base in its teaching AND knowledge itself.
giphy.gif

Dude, I know Catholicism. Trust me. And there's nothing wrong with teachings for political purposes. And perhaps you might clarify where I am off-base in its teaching AND knowledge itself.
giphy.gif
The decision on whether to receive communion, the most important sacrament, is a private matter. Politicizing an individual’s choice Is dangerous, and if you knew the history of the Catholic Church, any time it gets involved in politics it usually turns out poorly. This could then lead to denying communion to politicians who support the use of contraception, the death penalty, climate change deniers, people that supported the Iraq war, all opposed by the Pope. So what happens is that people like you turn something as sacred as communion into a partisan football match.

Catholic politicians have to govern over both the faithful and non faithful. They took an oath to obey the constitution, which the Supreme Court has ruled abortion legal. Pelosi has six kids, so I doubt she personally supports abortion, unlike Trump who is rumored to have paid for one.

The decision on whether to receive communion, the most important sacrament, is a private matter. Politicizing an individual’s choice Is dangerous, and if you knew the history of the Catholic Church, any time it gets involved in politics it usually turns out poorly. This could then lead to denying communion to politicians who support the use of contraception, the death penalty, climate change deniers, people that supported the Iraq war, all opposed by the Pope. So what happens is that people like you turn something as sacred as communion into a partisan football match.

Catholic politicians have to govern over both the faithful and non faithful. They took an oath to obey the constitution, which the Supreme Court has ruled abortion legal. Pelosi has six kids, so I doubt she personally supports abortion, unlike Trump who is rumored to have paid for one.

something can be legal, and yet Morally wrong. Which abortion is. If you truly believe that she personally believes is against abortion, yet cannot take a moral stand to say so....her content of character is garbage. Which, we all KNOW it is.

something can be legal, and yet Morally wrong. Which abortion is. If you truly believe that she personally believes is against abortion, yet cannot take a moral stand to say so....her content of character is garbage. Which, we all KNOW it is.
I don’t disagree with you. Abortion SHOULD be condemned as morally wrong. Just like adultery and other sins. But the question is about whether or not she should receive communion. That’s a different matter.

Reactions: Dr. Curmudgeon
I don’t disagree with you. Abortion SHOULD be condemned as morally wrong. Just like adultery and other sins. But the question is about whether or not she should receive communion. That’s a different matter.
No sir, apparently you are aware that in the Catholic religion there is mortal and venial sin. Voting for abortion and acknowledging its acceptability in America is a mortal sin and cannot be condoned through one confession and the receiving thereafter of communion. The Catholic communion is different than other protestant denomination in that they believe that it is the Body, Blood, Soul and Divinity of Jesus, therefore no one in the state of mortal sin can receive it unless they have gone to confession and receive absolution and have a firm resolve to not engage in that sinful act again. There has to be that firm conviction to not engage in that sin-a sincere attitude to change. She hasn't done that yet. She had been a promoter of Planned Parenthood and abortion for as long as I can remember. That's the tip of the iceberg concerning her. So, you can engage with me in small talk and try and defend her, but it isn't defendable.

No sir, apparently you are aware that in the Catholic religion there is mortal and venial sin. Voting for abortion and acknowledging its acceptability in America is a mortal sin and cannot be condoned through one confession and the receiving thereafter of communion. The Catholic communion is different than other protestant denomination in that they believe that it is the Body, Blood, Soul and Divinity of Jesus, therefore no one in the state of mortal sin can receive it unless they have gone to confession and receive absolution and have a firm resolve to not engage in that sinful act again. There has to be that firm conviction to not engage in that sin-a sincere attitude to change. She hasn't done that yet. She had been a promoter of Planned Parenthood and abortion for as long as I can remember. That's the tip of the iceberg concerning her. So, you can engage with me in small talk and try and defend her, but it isn't defendable.
Yep, you’re confused. Voting isnt a sin. Otherwise everyone would have to go to confession since every politician is a crook. Many hospitals perform abortions and provide contraceptions. Therefore voting for any funding would be a sin. And you must not be aware of the Hyde Amendment which prohibits any public funds to be used for abortions.

People that call out others sins based on political views are the worst. Like I said, you’re a Trump worshipper. You have no room to talk.

And you must not be aware of the Hyde Amendment which prohibits any public funds to be used for abortions.

Huh....

As best I can determine, taxpayers subsidize roughly 24% of all abortion costs in the U.S. with 6.6% borne by federal taxpayers and the remaining 17.4% picked up by state taxpayers. If we apply the 24% figure to the total number of abortions, this is equivalent to taxpayers paying the full cost of 250,000 abortions a year, with about 70,000 financed by federal taxpayers and 180,000 financed by state taxpayers.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/theapothecary/2015/10/02/are-american-taxpayers-paying-for-abortion/

Yep, you’re confused. Voting isnt a sin. Otherwise everyone would have to go to confession since every politician is a crook. Many hospitals perform abortions and provide contraceptions. Therefore voting for any funding would be a sin. And you must not be aware of the Hyde Amendment which prohibits any public funds to be used for abortions.

People that call out others sins based on political views are the worst. Like I said, you’re a Trump worshipper. You have no room to talk.

OMGosh. You are so lost.
Can a Catholic in good conscience vote for a politician who has a clear record of supporting abortion? Since you won't listen to me, perhaps a priest?

Fr. Matthew Habiger, HLI: I take the position that it is clearly a sin to vote for such a politician. Let us examine the issue. I shall appeal to arguments based on authority and to arguments based upon the consequences of such a vote.

Every Catholic should know that abortion is a gravely serious evil, and as such is never to be supported. In the Vatican's "Declaration on Procured Abortion" (Cardinal Seper, Sacred Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, 1974) there is a discussion of "Morality and Law" (#19-23). "Man may never obey a law which is in itself, immoral and such is the case of a law which would admit in principle, the liceity of abortion. Nor can he take part in a propaganda campaign in favor of such a law or vote for it. Moreover, he may not collaborate in its application. It is, for instance, inadmissible that doctors or nurses should find themselves obligated to cooperate closely in abortions and have to choose between the law of God and their professional situation."

"The 1917 Code of Canon Law punished abortion with excommunication. The revised canonical legislation continues this tradition when it decrees that a person who actually procures an abortion incurs automatic (Latae sententiae) excommunication" (Canon 1398) " The excommunication affects all those who commit this crime with knowledge of the penalty attached and thus includes those accomplices without whose help the crime would not have been committed" (Canon 1329).

"By this sanction the Church makes clear that abortion is a most serious and dangerous crime, thereby encouraging those who commit it to seek without delay the path of conversion. In the Church the purpose of the penalty of excommunication is to make an individual fully aware of the gravity of a certain sin and then to foster genuine conversion and repentance"(EV 62B).

The argument can be made that voting is a very remote form of cooperation in abortion. But is it all that remote? The legislator who votes for abortion is clearly a formal accomplice, giving formal cooperation with abortion. S/he shares both in the intention of the act, and in supplying material support for the act. If I vote for such a candidate, knowing full well that he will help make available public monies for abortion, or continue it decriminalization, then I am aiding him/her. Abortion deals with the first and most basic human right, without which there is nothing left to talk about.

"That is what Catholics are called to: to be unconditionally pro-life. There is no ambiguity in the words of Peter's successor. To be Catholic is to be unconditionally pro-life. To support abortion, to advocate the right to choose an abortion can in no way be considered a catholic option. ..."
It is a scandal that Catholic politicians vote for bills which fund or otherwise advance abortion. They should be named, publicly shamed and admonished so that they can cease their evil and return to God.

To vote for such a candidate is to willfully participate in that candidate's choices and deeds. It is a sin, and must be repented.

The pandering Congress with their pseudo AA apparel kneeling in the foyer was such a contrived stunt to be seen. I have to laugh at these people because they haven't bent a knee since then and I would bet a fortune that they haven't bent a knee for our Lord & Saviour Jesus Christ (even at mass).
@nail1988

Candace Owens: "At their core, a white liberal is the ultimate narcissist."

Can you white libtards be any more embarrassing? Oh wait, I just asked a stupid question.

I also noticed fat Nadler wasn't kneeling.

Last edited:
OMGosh. You are so lost.
Can a Catholic in good conscience vote for a politician who has a clear record of supporting abortion? Since you won't listen to me, perhaps a priest?

Fr. Matthew Habiger, HLI: I take the position that it is clearly a sin to vote for such a politician. Let us examine the issue. I shall appeal to arguments based on authority and to arguments based upon the consequences of such a vote.

Every Catholic should know that abortion is a gravely serious evil, and as such is never to be supported. In the Vatican's "Declaration on Procured Abortion" (Cardinal Seper, Sacred Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, 1974) there is a discussion of "Morality and Law" (#19-23). "Man may never obey a law which is in itself, immoral and such is the case of a law which would admit in principle, the liceity of abortion. Nor can he take part in a propaganda campaign in favor of such a law or vote for it. Moreover, he may not collaborate in its application. It is, for instance, inadmissible that doctors or nurses should find themselves obligated to cooperate closely in abortions and have to choose between the law of God and their professional situation."

"The 1917 Code of Canon Law punished abortion with excommunication. The revised canonical legislation continues this tradition when it decrees that a person who actually procures an abortion incurs automatic (Latae sententiae) excommunication" (Canon 1398) " The excommunication affects all those who commit this crime with knowledge of the penalty attached and thus includes those accomplices without whose help the crime would not have been committed" (Canon 1329).

"By this sanction the Church makes clear that abortion is a most serious and dangerous crime, thereby encouraging those who commit it to seek without delay the path of conversion. In the Church the purpose of the penalty of excommunication is to make an individual fully aware of the gravity of a certain sin and then to foster genuine conversion and repentance"(EV 62B).

The argument can be made that voting is a very remote form of cooperation in abortion. But is it all that remote? The legislator who votes for abortion is clearly a formal accomplice, giving formal cooperation with abortion. S/he shares both in the intention of the act, and in supplying material support for the act. If I vote for such a candidate, knowing full well that he will help make available public monies for abortion, or continue it decriminalization, then I am aiding him/her. Abortion deals with the first and most basic human right, without which there is nothing left to talk about.

"That is what Catholics are called to: to be unconditionally pro-life. There is no ambiguity in the words of Peter's successor. To be Catholic is to be unconditionally pro-life. To support abortion, to advocate the right to choose an abortion can in no way be considered a catholic option. ..."
It is a scandal that Catholic politicians vote for bills which fund or otherwise advance abortion. They should be named, publicly shamed and admonished so that they can cease their evil and return to God.

To vote for such a candidate is to willfully participate in that candidate's choices and deeds. It is a sin, and must be repented.
This is what happens when layman try to politicize the Eucharist. It’s shameful. Good job finding a priest that supports your political position. There are others. It’s not a new issue but only comes up during presidential elections.

The Church's official position is that it is between the bishop and the parishioner. So there is nothing that prevents communion from being served to pro choice candidates, nor is excommunication required. Don’t believe me, maybe the Pope will convince you.

Pope John Paul II, gave Communion to pro-choice politicians at the Vatican.” (St. John Paul II gave Communion to Rome’s pro-choice mayor, Francesco Rutilli, in 2001, and to Britain’s pro-choice prime minister Tony Blair in 2003.)

This is from future president’s diocese.

Mr. Biden’s home diocese of Wilmington, Del., issued a statement on Oct. 29 that “[t]he Church’s teachings on the protection of human life from the moment of conception [are] clear and well-known. Bishop Malooly has consistently refrained from politicizing the Eucharist, and will continue to do so. His preference, as with most bishops, is to interact with politicians individually who disagree with significant church

Im done with this topic as you don’t have a clue and have an obvious agenda. The Eucharist is not something to be politicized, as you are obviously trying to do.

This is what happens when layman try to politicize the Eucharist. It’s shameful. Good job finding a priest that supports your political position. There are others. It’s not a new issue but only comes up during presidential elections.

The Church's official position is that it is between the bishop and the parishioner. So there is nothing that prevents communion from being served to pro choice candidates, nor is excommunication required. Don’t believe me, maybe the Pope will convince you.

Pope John Paul II, gave Communion to pro-choice politicians at the Vatican.” (St. John Paul II gave Communion to Rome’s pro-choice mayor, Francesco Rutilli, in 2001, and to Britain’s pro-choice prime minister Tony Blair in 2003.)

Mr. Biden’s home diocese of Wilmington, Del., issued a statement on Oct. 29 that “[t]he Church’s teachings on the protection of human life from the moment of conception [are] clear and well-known. Bishop Malooly has consistently refrained from politicizing the Eucharist, and will continue to do so. His preference, as with most bishops, is to interact with politicians individually who disagree with significant church

Im done with this topic as you don’t have a clue and have an obvious agenda. The Eucharist is not something to be politicized, as you are obviously trying to do.
Oh brother, it's so much deeper than that. You're missing the spiritual side of things. You are simply looking at the worldly, horizontal approach vs the vertical spiritual approach. It can certainly get deep and profoundly complicated. The bottom line is the intent of the will of the individual and they are the ones who have to deal with the consequences, if not in this life, then in the afterlife. No excuses then. My decision on a candidate has always been their stance on abortion. The taking of a human life is the worst of sins. These politicians can have a history of abuse of power, of greed and lying... but the root of my decision is abortion. It's the greatest of intrinsic evils. Bottom line: if you side with the group that promotes abortion, then you are held liable in your own heart and soul. You are the one that has to deal with this sin and the consequences of it. It's a matter of eternal life or eternal death. Whether you hate orange man or not, he sides for life. You choose.

You are all over the being seen being Christian side of religion (which isn't what Jesus was about). He worked behind the scenes with the downtrodden and needy. When I see a celebrity make a donation on national TV that doesn't impress me in the least. They aren't coming close to donating 10% of their wealth.

@nail1988

Can you white libtards be any more embarrassing? Oh wait, I just asked a stupid question.

Thanks for sharing this. This is the most powerful message I've come across. It was this site, www.uncletom.com that got me banned at the scoop. Would you make another post using this video because I think it's been embedded into this thread that went tangent. It's so important to watch and see and learn from.

@nail1988

I HAD to skip the part of the lady in the church. It was simultaneously cringe worthy and infuriating.

Oh brother, it's so much deeper than that. You're missing the spiritual side of things. You are simply looking at the worldly, horizontal approach vs the vertical spiritual approach. It can certainly get deep and profoundly complicated. The bottom line is the intent of the will of the individual and they are the ones who have to deal with the consequences, if not in this life, then in the afterlife. No excuses then. My decision on a candidate has always been their stance on abortion. The taking of a human life is the worst of sins. These politicians can have a history of abuse of power, of greed and lying... but the root of my decision is abortion. It's the greatest of intrinsic evils. Bottom line: if you side with the group that promotes abortion, then you are held liable in your own heart and soul. You are the one that has to deal with this sin and the consequences of it. It's a matter of eternal life or eternal death. Whether you hate orange man or not, he sides for life. You choose.
Thanks but I don’t need spiritual advice from a chiropractor that worships an adulterous self absorbed huckster. You and Donald can ride off in the same boat. Good luck with that.

You are all over the being seen being Christian side of religion (which isn't what Jesus was about). He worked behind the scenes with the downtrodden and needy. When I see a celebrity make a donation on national TV that doesn't impress me in the least. They aren't coming close to donating 10% of their wealth.
I have no idea what this post is referring to.

Sorry but this is a pet peeve of mine:

2 Corinthians 9:7 Every man according as he purposeth in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity: for God loveth a cheerful giver.

1,2,5,10,20,100% whatever he/she purposeth in his heart.

Do celebs feel compelled to do acts of charity in public? Probably their press agent or handlers are making them give. I just doubt most are genuinely charitable and its for show. The ones who give behind the scenes are the ones who are probably genuine.

But the amount is not the significant issue.

If genuine its acknowledged.

Cain gave out of obligation and did not give of his best. The rejection lead to envy and covetousness. Then he murdered his own brother. Cains heart was the problem not the offering itself.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT