ADVERTISEMENT

Barry's Block

Agreed. The Berry block was the play of the game. If he doesn't make that play we likely never get to the point for Cheese to hit the 3 pointer.

Barry's
come from behind blocked shot made sure the Gators didn't lose.

Chiozza's miracle buzzer beater 3 made sure the Gators won.
Cheese Heads, meet the 'Big Cheezy' of Gator B-Ball.... :)

Barry made the block,
Cheezy made the shot,
Allen did a lot,
but the team playing together is what's HOT! ;)

The Badgers took an 83-81 lead with four seconds left on a pair of free throws by Nigel Hayes, setting up Chiozza's race to greatness in front of 20,000+ at sold out MSG.
Special Note to KeV's Mom, Ahna. Thanks for being there for that 35 point game!

The old cliche' that 'nothing good ever happens for Gator athletes after mid-night' now has a caveat added to it, 'except for the Gator B-Ballers in the Garden!' chomp :D chomp

And oh BTW, the SEC is the only league with multiple teams (3) in the Elite Eight. They have now put 60% (3) of their Big Dance teams (5) in the Elite Eight. Not bad for a conference that's supposedly weak in basketball.... It should have been 4 teams in the 16, IF the game officials hadn't hosed Arkansas vs N.Ca.

Note: IF the Dance Committee is going to give the SEC the fewest number of slots, then they should at least try to put the highest seeded SEC teams in different regions. Florida and S.Carolina should not have to play each other in the Eight, for a chance for one of them being in the Final Four.

Had fun reading all of these post game tweets:
http://www.onlygators.com/03/25/201...heir-minds-over-chris-chiozzas-buzzer-beater/

Game scoring recap:
1st Half -- UF 34 - 32 Wis -- Gators by 2 in the 1st half.
2nd Half - UF 38 - 40 Wis -- Badgers by 2 in the 2nd half.
UF 72 - 72 Wis -- They finish tied in regulation play, with the game going to Over-Time.
OT - UF 14 - 13 Wis -- And two teams can't play a game much closer than that!
Final Score -- UF 84 - 83 Wis

Oh BTW, the game officials did about everything that they could, to keep Wis. in the game, their final attempt was in not calling a foul on Wis. to end regulation, when Robinson got slammed to the floor by 2 Bad-gers... --- JMOHO of course.

Nobody's ever perfect, but that doesn't stop me from wanting the team to be.
~ White should have had both Allen 88% and Barry 89% in the game for foul shots in the last 3 minutes of the game. :mad:
~ White should have called for a foul on the inbound pass, with a 3 pt lead and 6 seconds left in regulation. o_O
In this case, it was perhaps better to be LUCKY than good.... :cool:

Last edited:
"Barry made the block,
Cheezy made the shot,
Allen did a lot,
but the team playing together is what's HOT!"

Poetry from Insta! It don't get much better than that.:eek:

Takes a bow with a thanks... :cool:
Among my many and varied talents and hobbies through the years, I'm also a published poet. ;) (see my dunny-goater limerick) :D

Everybody says to foul up 3, but you don't see coaches call for it that often. It's tricky because if they know you're going to foul, they can throw up a shot and they might end up with three free throws.

Barry block was an all time Gator great play. The smart conservative play there for Wisky would have been to pull that ball out, but I can understand why they took the shot.

Everybody says to foul up 3, but you don't see coaches call for it that often. It's tricky because if they know you're going to foul, they can throw up a shot and they might end up with three free throws.

Barry block was an all time Gator great play. The smart conservative play there for Wisky would have been to pull that ball out, but I can understand why they took the shot.
Chiozza had great defense on that final regulation play. With the way the guy struggled to get off the shot, I just hopeed there was not a put back and foul. I was shocked when it went in.

That shot deserved a game winning shot by Chiozza. Glad he made it. Glad he was the guy White trusted to get down the court and get the play off.

"Glad he was the guy White trusted to get down the court and get the play off."

Completely agree MJ. I was absolutely TERRIFIED that he was going to let Kasey bring the ball up the court.

Chiozza had great defense on that final regulation play. With the way the guy struggled to get off the shot, I just hopeed there was not a put back and foul. I was shocked when it went in.

That shot deserved a game winning shot by Chiozza. Glad he made it. Glad he was the guy White trusted to get down the court and get the play off.

I know. White's making some good decisions for someone who can't coach late in the season.

They finally learned not to give the ball to fall down kasey at the end, we ALL know what would have happened if they inbounded it to him.. I knew we had a shot as soon as it was to anyone else but the face flatter splatter

I just realized that south carolina lost to bama, twice.. And got beat by 12 their last loss of the season in the SEC tournament to them. Jesus, no excuse for us not to win if we just shoot decent at all and not like the first game. No way they can score enough on ours to offset it, and they score because of other teams missing shots... They have had the #1 defense on kenpom all year, but they have yet to play a guard heavy team or one really with them at all so far and have had favorable matchups because of the guards in the tournament, Duke and Baylor have none...

"I know. White's making some good decisions for someone who can't coach late in the season."

You're not going let MJ live that down are you BG?!:cool:

It's actually the first time I've mentioned it. MJ was veering a little far into I told you so territory for someone who was saying we would be one and done a week ago, so I felt I had to step in. Judgment call.

They finally learned not to give the ball to fall down kasey at the end, we ALL know what would have happened if they inbounded it to him.. I knew we had a shot as soon as it was to anyone else but the face flatter splatter

White put in Hill for that last play, which really worked to our advantage. Instead of guarding the inbounds man, they doubled Hill. This gave Chiozza a chance to bring the ball up and get off the shot.

I just realized that south carolina lost to bama, twice.. And got beat by 12 their last loss of the season in the SEC tournament to them. Jesus, no excuse for us not to win if we just shoot decent at all and not like the first game. No way they can score enough on ours to offset it, and they score because of other teams missing shots... They have had the #1 defense on kenpom all year, but they have yet to play a guard heavy team or one really with them at all so far and have had favorable matchups because of the guards in the tournament, Duke and Baylor have none...
USCe present problems to teams that have not faced them before, what with the kind of defense they play. White has now faced them three times, so the style of defense they play will not be a surprise.

Every team in conference that played them twice, turned the ball over less times in the 2nd meeting, every single one of them.. except for us, and both games we had 16

BTW, Chris Chiozza has been our best point guard in the tournament. By every measure.

Glad he seems to be getting more minutes.

BTW, Chris Chiozza has been our best point guard in the tournament. By every measure.

Glad he seems to be getting more minutes.

I agree that he has been our most consistent player in the tournament. Drob was our best first two games and then obviously Allen woke up, but Chiozza has been very good all three games. Hayes has been really solid as well. Hill has been up and down, but he has kept the turnovers down, and i think his perimeter defense will be important today.

I'm just happy that NOBODY said that Foley (fooley) was an idiot for hiring both McElwain and White. :cool:

As solid Gator fans (and the genius rival fans here), we all knew that Foley is/was the best AD in the country, and that both Mc and White were GREAT coaches... :D

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT