ADVERTISEMENT

An interesting TikTok from J. Greenblatt and then editorial on the WSJ (Ira Stoll)

Falsifying business records is a crime in NY. That's what he is charged with. Its clear and pretty simple. Why you guys have such a hard time understanding it is the mystery.

Whether he committed the crime is what the trial is all about.

For the record I think we will get a hung jury, which is a victory for Trump. But the real question is.....will all the stuff coming out about the catch and kill scheme with the National Enquirer, cheating on his pregnant wife, etc. sway voters or not. That's why Trump is so pissed about the gag order.....he is far more worried about the election than the trial and he wants to combat the negative news coming out with his own narrative. Trump losses the election and he has to face all the other trials. He wins and most of them go away. His freedom depends on winning.....which is a very bad place for America to be in.
Wow. Do things always go right over your head?
America IS in a very bad place but the Dems and their social media buddies make us believe we’re falling apart.
We aren’t.
We DO need to get our head out of our hind ends and remember we are a great country with millions of good people who love America and still get along with each other 95% of the time. 🇺🇸

I’m battered and bruised on this site because I’m not a fan of DJT but the charade in NY is lawfare and a total fraud. Fair is fair and Alvin Bragg is apparently too dumb to understand that he’s not bringing a legit action in court.
He will likely get a NYC jury to agree with him but it’s not going to stand on appeal, and his only accomplishment will be to strengthen support for Trump.
He won't win IMO, but whether it helps or hurts Trump remains to be seen. David Pecker on the stand telling the world that they intentionally put stories in the enquirer to hurt Trump rivals (even republicans like Ted Cruz) will not play very well. Especially with the never ending drum beat you hear about the media being against Trump. He had this particular media source in his pocket.

But I don't know how many people are actually paying attention. Most Trump people will only hear the fox news side of the story. But its the independents that matter.

• Haha
Reactions: LordofallSocks
Falsifying business records is a crime in NY. That's what he is charged with. Its clear and pretty simple. Why you guys have such a hard time understanding it is the mystery.

For the record I think we will get a hung jury, which is a victory for Trump. But the real question is.....will all the stuff coming out about the catch and kill scheme with the National Enquirer, cheating on his pregnant wife, etc. sway voters or not. That's why Trump is so pissed about the gag order.....he is far more worried about the election than the trial and he wants to combat the negative news coming out with his own narrative. Trump losses the election and he has to face all the other trials. He wins and most of them go away. His freedom depends on winning.....which is a very bad place for America to be in.
Maralago worth 18 million??? You need to quit digging while you are neck deep, son.

America IS in a very bad place but the Dems and their social media buddies make us believe we’re falling apart.
We aren’t.
We DO need to get our head out of our hind ends and remember we are a great country with millions of good people who love America and still get along with each other 95% of the time. 🇺🇸
Apparently you didn't even get the point. But please, continue to be condescending if it makes you feel smart.

• Haha

Is this more important than letting 15 million illegal aliens and any terrorist that wants to infiltrate our Country because the IDIOT will not let BP control the border?

Is this more important than letting 15 million illegal aliens and any terrorist that wants to infiltrate our Country because the IDIOT will not let BP control the border?
Capt, you are dealing with dunces who will blindly accept that it's just a coincidence that this case is being brought NOW, during a campaign when it could have been brought years ago or who smell absolutely nothing fishy about Bragg initially passing on this case, or the feds declining this case and Bragg ONLY taking up this case after Mark Pomarantz, in his book, heavily criticizes Bragg for not pursuing it. I don't know what part of the "Get Trump" agenda they fail to see or don't want to admit. Hell, AG James ran a campaign on Get Trump.

Reactions: nothergator
He didn't save his butt, he went to jail. Also, who said that Cohen is the main witness. Pecker said he was in the room and heard the same. I'll argue that they both are equally important.

Trump is known to brag about affairs privately but not publicly.
Pecker just testified that when he asked Trump about the Daniels payment he had no clue what he was talking about.

And the buyout of McDougle’s story was a decision made by he and Cohen, not Trump.

So your hopes now ride on a “known liar”, and we know you feel about them.

If they can’t prove Trump paid Daniels off to affect an election the entire case falls apart. So far it’s not looking good.

Reactions: RussellCasse
Pecker just testified that when he asked Trump about the Daniels payment he had no clue what he was talking about.

And the buyout of McDougle’s story was a decision made by he and Cohen, not Trump.

So your hopes now ride on a “known liar”, and we know you feel about them.

If they can’t prove Trump paid Daniels off to affect an election the entire case falls apart. So far it’s not looking good.
This is SO FUNNY...this asshat campaigned on "GETTING TRUMP" (how did he know what he would be charged with?) And he is the MVP on the Trump defense team. What REALLY makes me happy is for the IDIOTS who think these are real charges...see the case disintegrate RIGHT BEFORE THEIR EYES...and lucy pulls the football away AGAIN!! Friggen dunces! LOLOL

• Haha
Reactions: fatman76
This is SO FUNNY...this asshat campaigned on "GETTING TRUMP" (how did he know what he would be charged with?) And he is the MVP on the Trump defense team. What REALLY makes me happy is for the IDIOTS who think these are real charges...see the case disintegrate RIGHT BEFORE THEIR EYES...and lucy pulls the football away AGAIN!! Friggen dunces! LOLOL
You have to remember where this jury pool came from - 92% Dem in the last election.

I think this comes more into play upon appeal, I think this jury has already made up their mind.

Which I think is all the dems care about, they're proposing a bill that will remove Secret Service protection from anyone convicted of a felony and sentenced to more than a year in jail.

This is the setup for the final straw attempt to make sure he doesn't ever make it back to the White House...at all costs.

trumps not a stupid guy, crooded as the day is long, but not stupid. not a chance cohen did anything trump didnt want him to do, zero. trump surrounds himself with filthy human beings. it all began with roy cohn. never admit guilt, ever.
Most on here are saying “Who is Roy Cohn?”
🙄

Please address one other problem with this case, election laws invoved with presidential elections are Federal or so I think. Yet we have a state prosecuter bringing this case. Isn't Bragg going way beyond his jurisdiction? Can you justify this?

Reactions: goldmom
Please address one other problem with this case, election laws invoved with presidential elections are Federal or so I think. Yet we have a state prosecuter bringing this case. Isn't Bragg going way beyond his jurisdiction? Can you justify this?
Yeah, Bragg is a DEM and its Trump. No more justification needed, amirite???

Sumtin else, I think the falsify business records charge is a misdemeanor and the statue of limitations has expired. I believe these fundamental problems with this case was why the appropriate federal prosecuters turned this case down. But, the democrat puppet, Bragg, eagerly took up this case because he knows in N.Y. they have one party rule and unegual justice.

Lets also remember the feds refused to make any charges....FJB's feds

I am not a lawyer so I won't try to practice law. Butt If this was a case that couldn't be brought, the judge would have already thrown it out.

Sumtin else, I think the falsify business records charge is a misdemeanor and the statue of limitations has expired. I believe these fundamental problems with this case was why the appropriate federal prosecuters turned this case down. But, the democrat puppet, Bragg, eagerly took up this case because he knows in N.Y. they have one party rule and unegual justice.
My understanding is that your correct, falsifying business records is a misdemeanor. But when you combine it with another crime it rises to a felony. And the statute of limitation is longer for a felony.

I have no problem with you asserting the democrats are going after Trump.......of course they are. That's what the political parties do. But if they didn't have the legal right to do what they are doing the judge would throw it out, so I think your barking up the wrong tree.

I am not a lawyer so I won't try to practice law. Butt If this was a case that couldn't be brought, the judge would have already thrown it out.
I strenuosly disagree. This is N.Y. and we have seen allready that N.Y. has unequal justice for Trump and Republicans.

My understanding is that your correct, falsifying business records is a misdemeanor. But when you combine it with another crime it rises to a felony. And the statute of limitation is longer for a felony.

I have no problem with you asserting the democrats are going after Trump.......of course they are. That's what the political parties do. But if they didn't have the legal right to do what they are doing the judge would throw it out, so I think your barking up the wrong tree.
Use to be in my beloved USA, justice was supposed to be equal. This is clearly not the case in N.Y. where the Democrats are using their power to prosecute and bankrupt their Republican opponents.

So Bragg is trying to convict Trump of a felony that is based upon Trump committing a misdemeanor but Bragg can't get any jury to agree that Trump was guilty of the misdemeanor because the statue of limitations has expired,
If you don't see this case as a farce you are a total fool.

You didn't, but the star witness of this trial is a "known liar" which you've chided the right for trusting.

But when the shoe is on the other foot you have no problems at all.

I also guarantee you can't explain the actual "crime" here.
So I didn't say it. So why are we having this conversation about something that I didn't say?

Another attempt to own me?

I expect a hung jury too. Trump was mentioned as "individual 1" in Cohen indictment. He wasn't charged then because he was president.

Literally everyone. He's the lawyer at the center of everything. No one has more first-hand knowledge of this case besides Trump.

Crawl out from under your MSNBC rock once and awhile.

Oh ok. Yeah you will always find someone.

My correction is the prosecution never called him their star witness, that is whom I was referring to in my original post.

And the Feds passed on it. Why? Because it’s not a crime to keep negative info out of the press!

So I didn't say it. So why are we having this conversation about something that I didn't say?

Another attempt to own me?
You didn’t say you believe Cohen.

What you did say is it’s “SMH” that we “still listen” to a “known liar”.

Which is exactly what you’re doing. You also did say Pecker and Cohen were “equally important” to the case.

And no one “owns” you. Get out of the kitchen if you can’t handle the heat. Stop with the woe is me crap, or be better.

Oh ok. Yeah you will always find someone.

My correction is the prosecution never called him their star witness, that is whom I was referring to in my original post.
JFC dude.

Just put the shovel down. I’m getting embarrassed for you.

Reactions: Capt Ron 1
You didn't, but the star witness of this trial is a "known liar" which you've chided the right for trusting.

But when the shoe is on the other foot you have no problems at all.

I also guarantee you can't explain the actual "crime" here.
trump? yep, no doubt about that. who hired cohen? i forget? who hired manafort? stone? all the crooks??? i forget his name....

We aren’t.
the dems?? its the right that thinks we are falling apart when the reality is we are in an epic boom. read the economic threads, its comical.

JFC dude.

Just put the shovel down. I’m getting embarrassed for you.

Your mistaken a right wing media headline for what he actually said.

That would be like if I post a left wing media headline saying "Trump double down on xxx".

Headlines are not always accurate to what was said.

You didn’t say you believe Cohen.

What you did say is it’s “SMH” that we “still listen” to a “known liar”.

Which is exactly what you’re doing. You also did say Pecker and Cohen were “equally important” to the case.

And no one “owns” you. Get out of the kitchen if you can’t handle the heat. Stop with the woe is me crap, or be better.
Well actually I do. Is that the new standard? So I can call you racist, sexist or whatever and just keep posting while accusing you of it despite me admitting that you never said anything that warrants that? Weird behavior.

You already admitted that I didn't say it, so everything else is a waste.

It isn't a woe is me but your entire thing is to call me out on something, you will even make up what I said to accomplish your goal. After you call me out, you'll post about how you destroyed me or owned me (you may use a different word) on a certain topic. You also say that I'm "digging myself in a hole". Rinse and repeat.

You're just annoyed that I'm pointing out your next moves.

Well actually I do. Is that the new standard? So I can call you racist, sexist or whatever and just keep posting while accusing you of it despite me admitting that you never said anything that warrants that? Weird behavior.

You already admitted that I didn't say it, so everything else is a waste.

It isn't a woe is me but your entire thing is to call me out on something, you will even make up what I said to accomplish your goal. After you call me out, you'll post about how you destroyed me or owned me (you may use a different word) on a certain topic. You also say that I'm "digging myself in a hole". Rinse and repeat.

You're just annoyed that I'm pointing out your next moves.
I’m actually not annoyed at all.

We’re having a debate - when you say something that’s demonstrably wrong you’re getting called out.

If you want to whine about like I’m just being mean, that’s your cross to bear. It’s just soft and immature. The adult thing to do is admit when you’re wrong. Which you are, very very often.

• Haha
Reactions: DCandtheUTBand
Your mistaken a right wing media headline for what he actually said.

That would be like if I post a left wing media headline saying "Trump double down on xxx".

Headlines are not always accurate to what was said.
The entire article centers on Bragg’s fight to make sure Cohen can testify.

So if Bragg’s star witness isn’t Cohen who is it - and please back your claim up with some evidence. It’s ridiculous that I always being receipts and you never do.

I’m actually not annoyed at all.

We’re having a debate - when you say something that’s demonstrably wrong you’re getting called out.

If you want to whine about like I’m just being mean, that’s your cross to bear. It’s just soft and immature. The adult thing to do is admit when you’re wrong. Which you are, very very often.
A debate would be me saying something or you saying something and we support our positions on it. Since you already acknowledged that i didn't say it, then idk what you're debating.

As previously stated, I guess you're creating a new standard for debating. Just debate with yourself while tagging someone or lying on them.

In this case, there is nothing to be wrong about because I didn't say it. So let's drop this and move on to debating something I actually said. This entire conversation was weird.

The entire article centers on Bragg’s fight to make sure Cohen can testify.

So if Bragg’s star witness isn’t Cohen who is it - and please back your claim up with some evidence. It’s ridiculous that I always being receipts and you never do.
Bragg has a lot of people testifying. He never called Cohen his star witness. You never provided receipts of that. A media outlet saying it, is not Bragg.

Pecker is just as important because he can help corroborate somethings that Cohen will say. Since Cohen is an adjudicated liar, they will need more then just his word. That's why I think Pecker is just as important. If the jury believes Pecker, that makes Cohen more believable.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT