ADVERTISEMENT

All staff related to DEI at UF just got fired...

Again, you shouldn’t shut your mind off to the concept of diversity. As an anthropologist, I can tell you that cultural diversity is valuable. But diversity shouldn’t be forced so much as taught, and not at the expensive one group over the other but with the concept of understanding each other’s cultural peculiarities to learn from each other. Surely you can admit that we can all learn from the subcultures within our own American culture.
This I agree with, but that is an academic department not a social Marxist construct instantiated at Universities to the profound cost of both taxpayers and students whose parents (like me) who do not qualify for tuition adjustment.

I got into the honors college at UF in the early 90s but did not go. Full tuition and room
And board was 10k or so. (I had a full ride)

Now?

Good for DeSantis

My nephew had to go to fsu, got a 1490 on his sat and graduated from American heritage with close to a 4.0 average. Bananas.

• Haha
Reactions: gatordad3
My nephew had to go to fsu, got a 1490 on his sat and graduated from American heritage with close to a 4.0 average. Bananas.
😂
I bet he has done just fine. Would you rather he went to USF/UNF/UCF?
By the way FSU has the highest number of AA graduates in the state.
And that was before DEI came along as nothing more than a display of wokeness. I was in college back in the late 60’s and there were AA students at FSU. And they were in more activities than just sports.

Just trying to understand why anyone can explain why we need DEI - 50 years later.

DEI is needed by libs because so many of them cannot make it in the REAL world because they are average at BEST, most less than that. They want a free head start that helps below average people be out in front of better more qualified people. Secondly being 100% racists, they cannot get away from using skin color and gender to choose advancement instead of ability

DEI is needed by libs because so many of them cannot make it in the REAL world because they are average at BEST, most less than that. They want a free head start that helps below average people be out in front of better more qualified people. Secondly being 100% racists, they cannot get away from using skin color and gender to choose advancement instead of ability
Nah, stimi is the real medicine for those that cannot make it in the real world. Nobody, I repeat nobody, did stimi like the Donald.

Not a dei fan. FYI, it went into hyperdrive during trumps tenure.
200w.gif

Reactions: NorthJerseyGator
😂
I bet he has done just fine. Would you rather he went to USF/UNF/UCF?
By the way FSU has the highest number of AA graduates in the state.
And that was before DEI came along as nothing more than a display of wokeness. I was in college back in the late 60’s and there were AA students at FSU. And they were in more activities than just sports.

Just trying to understand why anyone can explain why we need DEI - 50 years later.
He grew up a gator, both parents all uncles and grandparents on dad’s side went to uf. He should have been accepted, but yes, the kids got some of my genes, he will be fine!

Not a dei fan. FYI, it went into hyperdrive during trumps tenure.
I am curious as to your fyi and purpose in stating that. Was it Trump's fault? Was it one of his policies. Or was it completely unrelated to anything Trump did and you thought it would be nice to just throw that out there for a needed OCD Trump bash?

I am curious as to your fyi and purpose in stating that. Was it Trump's fault? Was it one of his policies. Or was it completely unrelated to anything Trump did and you thought it would be nice to just throw that out there for a needed OCD Trump bash?
I didn’t say it was his fault I said it went into hyperdrive, and it did. Just stating facts. If I had to guess why it went into hyperdrive under him? MAGA, aka make America white again. Hard to rattle the hornets nest without getting stung.

I didn’t say it was his fault I said it went into hyperdrive, and it did. Just stating facts. If I had to guess why it went into hyperdrive under him? MAGA, aka make America white again. Hard to rattle the hornets nest without getting stung.
If I was your english teacher, I'd give you a D in composition. You say that you didn't say it was Trump's fault for DEI going into overdrive during his term. You wouldn't have needed to provide the fyi if you weren't at least implying that it was his fault or why state your fyi in the first place. But you then cement your faulting Trump with your guess of Maga, make America white again. Yea, but you weren't blaming Trump for DEI in overdrive. C'mon man. It's ok if you blame him. Just own it.

If I was your english teacher, I'd give you a D in composition. You say that you didn't say it was Trump's fault for DEI going into overdrive during his term. You wouldn't have needed to provide the fyi if you weren't at least implying that it was his fault or why state your fyi in the first place. But you then cement your faulting Trump with your guess of Maga, make America white again. Yea, but you weren't blaming Trump for DEI in overdrive. C'mon man. It's ok if you blame him. Just own it.
If I were your English teacher nickel. Not if I was.

College degree's ( with a few exceptions ) are for gullible people. Yeah, send us $120K and we can get you a job in a call center for $22 an hour. Terrible investment ( unless you want to be a medical doctor / lawyer / engineer )

• Haha
Reactions: jb1215 and Mdfgator
College degree's ( with a few exceptions ) are for gullible people. Yeah, send us $120K and we can get you a job in a call center for $22 an hour. Terrible investment ( unless you want to be a medical doctor / lawyer / engineer )
lol, college is great. It’s not for everyone though. Lots of dodo birds out there like @Capt Ron 1 that have no business going to college

lol, college is great. It’s not for everyone though. Lots of dodo birds out there like @Capt Ron 1 that have no business going to college
I think that maybe college WAS great. Now its an indoctrination center for soft people who have no clue. Why would anyone leave high school, decide what they want to do for the rest of their life at 18 years of age, get into deep debt and come out with some phony BS piece of paper? Do people know that you can go to a trade school and get a job with a company who will typically cover the cost of a college degree. The whole thing is a scam. Its for dummies

As John McEnroe once said, "you cannot be serious". I guess your proof on the great investment is all the people in major debt because of it. I am sooo glad you ain't my investment counselor.

I think that maybe college WAS great. Now its an indoctrination center for soft people who have no clue. Why would anyone leave high school, decide what they want to do for the rest of their life at 18 years of age, get into deep debt and come out with some phony BS piece of paper? Do people know that you can go to a trade school and get a job with a company who will typically cover the cost of a college degree. The whole thing is a scam. Its for dummies
And anybody arguing against what you just said is a dummy.

Reactions: jsfgators
Uh oh, Emmet Smith ain't happy on UF dumping DEI

NFL legend Emmitt Smith rips University of Florida for eliminating DEI positions

Those faculty positions are useless flotsam and jetsam. The kind of stuff that is only useful in attracting dolphin (mahi) offshore to catch fish off of. 😂

• Angry
Reactions: NavigatorII
The o es getting indoctrinated are the weak ones, there are still Plenty of normal kids out there, it’s all parenting. I would say college attendance should be cut by 30-50%.

The o es getting indoctrinated are the weak ones, there are still Plenty of normal kids out there, it’s all parenting. I would say college attendance should be cut by 30-50%.
Like I said, its one thing if you are going to pursue medicine, law....etc. However, the culture has convinced people that you need to attend and get any degree as a starting point in life. Pure nonsense. I agree with your statement, but maybe I cut attendance by 60-80%.

Like I said, its one thing if you are going to pursue medicine, law....etc. However, the culture has convinced people that you need to attend and get any degree as a starting point in life. Pure nonsense. I agree with your statement, but maybe I cut attendance by 60-80%.
60.80 is much too high. Education is a good thing not a bad thing. Key is it must be education.

Uh oh, Emmet Smith ain't happy on UF dumping DEI

NFL legend Emmitt Smith rips University of Florida for eliminating DEI positions

He's got it exactly backwards. The ignorant, incompetent box checking morons are the ones who always make poor / incorrect decisions ...

Reactions: NavigatorII
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT