ALABAMA

Dannygator1989

Bull Gator
Feb 28, 2005
Theyre in.

Should be interesting.

I like Alabama with a month to prepare.

Predicting a Bama and Oklahoma final.

I have a feeling a healthy Alabama with a month to prepare will beat this Clemson team.

OSU had 3 better wins than they did and had a conference championship. Bama shouldn't have got that much eyeball credit after getting whipped by Auburn and barely beating Miss State. I hope Clemson beats them that first game.

OSU also got whooped by Oklahoma and Iowa and struggled mightily against a Wisconsin team that most have considered a paper tiger. They blow out Wisconsin and they’re likely in.

Also, if I were on that committee, I’d give Alabama the same pass that Clemson gets except in reverse.

Francois getting hurt in the FSU game and their season tanking without him (obviously other factors) should affect that as much as they give Clemson the horrible loss they got because their QB went down.

They give Clemson such a big pass on that loss that they basically don’t even consider Oklahoma for the number one spot, despite their loss to Iowa State being a much better loss.

8 team playoff all but guaranteed now! Great job committee! Beyond words of how much of a mess they just created! Insane.

They didn’t create a mess. College football did.

I said it months ago, this was a year with a lot of parity just like 2007 and even 2011. Hats going to happen from time to time.

8 teams is too much.

8 team playoff all but guaranteed now! Great job committee! Beyond words of how much of a mess they just created! Insane.

I agree with Danny, not as big of a mess because I think they just looked at it, Bama-Clemson round 3 or match OSU with Clemson who destroyed them last year.

Clemson sucks this year so I expect Bama to beat them. I think if chaos is what you want sad, I would cheer for Bama and UGa. An all SEC final will piss a lot of people off.

And I think Danny is righy. If you look at this year, 6 teams would be perfect. 5 conference champs plus Bama. No one would really have a complaint

How does bama get in? They lost to a 3 loss team. Who did they beat? Not only did they not win the conference championship but they didnt even go. They struggled with Miss st. Again, who did they beat?

Ohio st won their conference. Beat an undefeated Wisconsin team. Beat Penn st. Best 3 top 15 teams. Yes, they had 2 losses. But to me, if u dont play in the conference championship game when the committe discusses u, you should have a "loss" considered for that week. For instance, if im on the committe, i view bama as having 2 losses vs Oh st with 2 losses.

This sets a BAD peecedent that u really dont have to play anybody, u really dont have to win co ference champiinships, all you have to do is look good beating bad teams.

Bama gets a pass.....AGAIN. Its why im beginning to hate colllege football. If Arizona St had played the same schedule. They wouldnt get in

Wisconsin deserves to be in more than bama. They didnt play anybody just like bama, they have 1 loss like bama, but they also went to the conference championship game. Bama shoukd be 2nd out behind wisc and ohio st.

Typical bias from peoppe picking based on a name. Oh im sure they use the "eye test" but their eyes are biased, they see bama and they lick it up. Such a terrible thing for college football.

I like 6 teams with top 2 getting a bye. I think OSU had the better resume because they had better wins, but they can’t really complain after the Iowa loss. It’s like hoops. If you leave it up to the committee, you cant really complain about the decision. I think Clemson has been the best team all year and will come out of the playoff.

Listen guys I know this is going to be hard to hear but the SEC is severely down this year. I mean it was Trash.

Taking all emotion out of it because of our slide I have noticed it trending this way the last few years. Outside of Alabama who has been elite?

The coaching depth is depleted severely and the BIG conference has whipped our tails in this regard. Outside of Saban and Mullen( love this guy) who is a great game planner? You can debate me on Mullen being there but time will prove his worth.

LSU has Ed Orgeron , he reminds me of a character on the Waterboy movie.

Auburn has Gus Malzahn who has a quirky offense ,but with all the talent they have he has two good years.

Ole Miss?
Arkansas?
Miss. State has a James Franklin assistant so thats a too be determined.
Texas A&M just made that sleazy car salesman coming off a sub five hundred record with a roster littered with talent the highest paid coach ever.

Thats the good side of the SEC folks. Kirby Smart seems to be pretty good at Georgia after a so so first year.

Name me a good coach in the SEC East this year after that( excluding us).

Alabama beat nobody this year.....nobody. Ohio State isnt the team that should be whining. USC deserved a shot over Alabama.

I'm done banging the SEC drum, I dont give a rat's dropping about that. The SEC did not deserve two teams this year or in '11 when we got that stinker BcS game where Nick Saban got the benefit again.

Great coach, great program but you dont don't deserve a seat this year. Win against a three loss team and beat Georgia.

I'm fine with it and they are probably the 4th best team but if you don't win your conference you shouldn't be in. That's why the playoffs should go to 8 teams.

6...not 8. That’s what I’d like to see.

I just think I’m most years that the top 8 aren’t all worthy and I loathe the idea that a team can get hot at the end then be crowned the best. It almost happened with Auburn.

That’s not the FBS way, and never has been.

Reactions: CompuGator
6...not 8. That’s what I’d like to see.

I just think I’m most years that the top 8 aren’t all worthy and I loathe the idea that a team can get hot at the end then be crowned the best. It almost happened with Auburn.

That’s not the FBS way, and never has been.
6 could work too...and I get how you would feel that way...6 or 8 are good with me. I think there just needs to be a couple of extra teams. Power 5 champs and 1 extra might make sense.

6 could work too...and I get how you would feel that way...6 or 8 are good with me. I think there just needs to be a couple of extra teams. Power 5 champs and 1 extra might make sense.

I’d even be okay with 8 if the 6 didn’t work out, but this playoff committee is so backwards to what football worked for for so long to get rid of.

I simply don’t understand why the BCS formula (maybe tweak it a little) shouldn’t have been continued.

The results are about the same.

Now, if they would televise the committee meetings, that would be interesting and must watch television. As of now, we have no idea why they do things other than their deer in the headlights chairman deflecting every question.

How does bama get in? They lost to a 3 loss team. Who did they beat? Not only did they not win the conference championship but they didnt even go. They struggled with Miss st. Again, who did they beat?

Ohio st won their conference. Beat an undefeated Wisconsin team. Beat Penn st. Best 3 top 15 teams. Yes, they had 2 losses. But to me, if u dont play in the conference championship game when the committe discusses u, you should have a "loss" considered for that week. For instance, if im on the committe, i view bama as having 2 losses vs Oh st with 2 losses.

This sets a BAD peecedent that u really dont have to play anybody, u really dont have to win co ference champiinships, all you have to do is look good beating bad teams.

Bama gets a pass.....AGAIN. Its why im beginning to hate colllege football. If Arizona St had played the same schedule. They wouldnt get in

Wisconsin deserves to be in more than bama. They didnt play anybody just like bama, they have 1 loss like bama, but they also went to the conference championship game. Bama shoukd be 2nd out behind wisc and ohio st.

Typical bias from peoppe picking based on a name. Oh im sure they use the "eye test" but their eyes are biased, they see bama and they lick it up. Such a terrible thing for college football.
You obviously are unaware that OSU made the playoff last year without winning their conference. Or more likely, you don't know what the word precedent means (Or, "peecedent", your word for it).

Reactions: NavigatorII
I'm fine with it and they are probably the 4th best team but if you don't win your conference you shouldn't be in. That's why the playoffs should go to 8 teams.
8 teams are too much. Winning a conference shouldn't matter as much as putting the best teams in. Ohio State has no one to blame but themselves. All they had to do was beat an average Iowa team. Anyone with 2 losses needs to look in the mirror.

Getting shellacked by a mediocre Iowa that put 55 points on them in a 31 point loss simply can't be unseen. They had two losses, barely escaped Penn State, that had them dead to rights, and with the exception of two big plays looked lame against Whiskey. It's simple actually.

Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
Bama is one of only two teams that are top 5 in efficiency on offense and defense. They rolled everyone with their lone blemish being a 12 point loss on the road to an Auburn team that was on fire. UGA lost to that same Auburn team by nearly 30 points. I don't get the argument about conference champions automatically being in. Taken to the most extreme, you'd put in a 3-loss champion from one conference over a 1-loss team who didn't win their conference in any given year.

Sorry Ohio St. doesn't deserve shit. Don't get blown out twice in one year then maybe you'd have an argument. Ohio St. didn't play a single team with the exception of OU that Bama wouldn't be heavily favored over. And Bama could play Iowa 10 times and not lose by a combined 31 points.

Reactions: NavigatorII
Ohio State got throttled by an unranked team and lost another game too. As tired as I am of Bama, they were the right choice.

Listen guys I know this is going to be hard to hear but the SEC is severely down this year. I mean it was Trash.

Taking all emotion out of it because of our slide I have noticed it trending this way the last few years. Outside of Alabama who has been elite?

The coaching depth is depleted severely and the BIG conference has whipped our tails in this regard. Outside of Saban and Mullen( love this guy) who is a great game planner? You can debate me on Mullen being there but time will prove his worth.

LSU has Ed Orgeron , he reminds me of a character on the Waterboy movie.

Auburn has Gus Malzahn who has a quirky offense ,but with all the talent they have he has two good years.

Ole Miss?
Arkansas?
Miss. State has a James Franklin assistant so thats a too be determined.
Texas A&M just made that sleazy car salesman coming off a sub five hundred record with a roster littered with talent the highest paid coach ever.

Thats the good side of the SEC folks. Kirby Smart seems to be pretty good at Georgia after a so so first year.

Name me a good coach in the SEC East this year after that( excluding us).

Alabama beat nobody this year.....nobody. Ohio State isnt the team that should be whining. USC deserved a shot over Alabama.

I'm done banging the SEC drum, I dont give a rat's dropping about that. The SEC did not deserve two teams this year or in '11 when we got that stinker BcS game where Nick Saban got the benefit again.

Great coach, great program but you dont don't deserve a seat this year. Win against a three loss team and beat Georgia.

So that fact that Georgia made the playoff and Auburn would have if they had won, they are still trash? What other conference had 3 real contenders for the playoffs in December?

serveimage

Both Alabama and Ohio State are flawed teams. The difference for the committee boiled down to the significance of the losses. Two to one. Oklahoma and Iowa for Ohio State. Auburn for Alabama. Alabama had one quality loss. Ohio State had one quality loss and a complete beat-down by a mid-level rival. Advantage Crimson Tide.

Getting shellacked by a mediocre Iowa that put 55 points on them in a 31 point loss simply can't be unseen. They had two losses, barely escaped Penn State, that had them dead to rights, and with the exception of two big plays looked lame against Whiskey. It's simple actually.

And bama has looked like a super star team that lost to the only good team it played. This "game control" bullshit is stupid. Oh st has won more games against better opponents AND won the conf championship. Bama should have been considered a 2 loss team. That should be the importance if the conf championship

Both Alabama and Ohio State are flawed teams. The difference for the committee boiled down to the significance of the losses. Two to one. Oklahoma and Iowa for Ohio State. Auburn for Alabama. Alabama had one quality loss. Ohio State had one quality loss and a complete beat-down by a mid-level rival. Advantage Crimson Tide.

So basically committee is saying who you beat doesnt matter but who you lose to does. So why on earth would anyone schedule big games? I nvr would. 4 fcs teams

Ohio State got throttled by an unranked team and lost another game too. As tired as I am of Bama, they were the right choice.

So you take no consideration into being conf champ or that they beat 3 top 15 teams? Its only the losses?

So you take no consideration into being conf champ or that they beat 3 top 15 teams? Its only the losses?
It's a consideration but yeah, when you're trying to get into a 4-game championship playoff, losses are going to be more meaningful than wins. They failed twice.....once badly.

Also keep in mind that Bama has been dealing with a decimated LB Corp and some injuries on OL.

They should get almost everybody back for their Clemson matchup.

I think they’ll win it. And oddly, I think they win it handedly (not a true blow out but at least 10 points).

Also keep in mind that Bama has been dealing with a decimated LB Corp and some injuries on OL.

They should get almost everybody back for their Clemson matchup.

I think they’ll win it. And oddly, I think they win it handedly (not a true blow out but at least 10 points).

And this is my problem with it, every other team just played a top 10 matchup against a great team, bama was sitting on their hands. I dont think they deserve to be in it

Reactions: 96FSU
So if you go with 8, who are the 8. I guess the 4 who made it are obvious, along with Ohio State and maybe USC (since they won their conference). Who after that? UCF for going undefeated against a minor league schedule? A couple of teams that got smoked yesterday? 3 loss Auburn? Maybe Miami rides their two game skid in as number 8, even though they would’ve had a running clock last night if it was a high school game?

So if you go with 8, who are the 8. I guess the 4 who made it are obvious, along with Ohio State and maybe USC (since they won their conference). Who after that? UCF for going undefeated against a minor league schedule? A couple of teams that got smoked yesterday? 3 loss Auburn? Maybe Miami rides their two game skid in as number 8, even though they would’ve had a running clock last night if it was a high school game?

5 conference champs. 3 wild cards.

Add USC and Ohio State, Wisconsin and UCF. Yes, UCF is ranked 12, but I would say that one spot should go to the top non-power 5 if there is one in the top 12.

Reactions: sadgator
So that fact that Georgia made the playoff and Auburn would have if they had won, they are still trash? What other conference had 3 real contenders for the playoffs in December?
The BIG was a better conference, Wisconsin, Ohio State, Penn State. Three top ten teams good enough to make the playoff.

As you and others have pointed out we are Gator fans. Can we not objectively look at our conference and see it is down? You have every right to see it anyway you want but Auburn got exposed against Clemson. They have three not so pretty losses and outside of beating Georgia and Alabama at home have not looked like a top ten team.

I give you Georgia, they have looked good all year and beat Notre Dame on the road by a point.

Alabama has zero quality wins. LSU outgained them, they struggled against Miss. State. Who have they beaten? I guess you just buy the hype because of their past.

I dont give a rat's behind about this SEC unity crap. The league is down, we have a diluted coaching pool now.

Just so im clear here the BIG conference is better and the Pac 12 is better and they play nine conference games opposed to eight. That doesnt mean I think Ohio State deserved to be in either, they did have a better resume than Alabama though.

Clemson, Oklahoma and Georgia earned their spot. Alabama whined and complained their way in.

You really think the SEC deserved two spots while two conference champions got left out?

The BIG was a better conference, Wisconsin, Ohio State, Penn State. Three top ten teams good enough to make the playoff.

As you and others have pointed out we are Gator fans. Can we not objectively look at our conference and see it is down? You have every right to see it anyway you want but Auburn got exposed against Clemson. They have three not so pretty losses and outside of beating Georgia and Alabama at home have not looked like a top ten team.

I give you Georgia, they have looked good all year and beat Notre Dame on the road by a point.

Alabama has zero quality wins. LSU outgained them, they struggled against Miss. State. Who have they beaten? I guess you just buy the hype because of their past.

I dont give a rat's behind about this SEC unity crap. The league is down, we have a diluted coaching pool now.

Just so im clear here the BIG conference is better and the Pac 12 is better and they play nine conference games opposed to eight. That doesnt mean I think Ohio State deserved to be in either, they did have a better resume than Alabama though.

Clemson, Oklahoma and Georgia earned their spot. Alabama whined and complained their way in.

You really think the SEC deserved two spots while two conference champions got left out?

Alabama will be damned healthy by the Clemson game, which has not been true for a long time.

Take that into account.

Ohio St lost by 31 points to Iowa. That was a killer. You can’t be one of the top 4 teams in the country and lose a game like that. And I think Meyer is one of the GOAT coaches but his team isn’t a top 4 team this year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT