ADVERTISEMENT

Ain't no mule gonna win a race against a thoroughbred

dc1gator

Bull Gator
Gold Member
Dec 5, 2004
Stick with me on this an enjoy the humor.

We hoped, we dreamed, but we knew better. As Shane Beamer said, “They (Georgia) have the best players money can buy.” He later explained that he was talking about it all being legal with the current NIL. I think he was backtracking a bit because of the possible backlash regarding his comments. Was he at first implying what we think he meant? It doesn’t matter, either way, he is right.

We have a great group of kids that give it their all. We have a great group of coaches that give it their all. If Billy was the head coach at Georgia right now and Kirby was our head coach (with the same group of players) the result of a game between us would be pretty much the same as it was Saturday.

Georgia has made everyone look bad most of the time going on three years now. Teams playing Georgia have no choice but to depend on luck and not using scared money. Therefore, going for it all with trick plays and gambling on nearly every play they can come up with, if successful, could possibly cause an upset. Georgia might even match up with a bottom feeder NFL team right now. Yes, they are that talented. So is Michigan, Washington and Ohio State followed by Bo Nix and the Ducks. I think any of these teams would handle FSU.

You might compare the differences in our teams this way. A group of men are going to play a pickup game (or sand lot scrimmage). There is a pool of some 40 young and older men available to choose from. Group “A” wins the coin toss and gets the first pick. However, instead of picking one player, they get to pick the first five. Then group “B” gets to pick one player. Team “A” then gets to pick the next five players. This continues through 4 rounds then the teams can make alternate picks. And so it plays out that Group “A” gets to pick the first 20 players to Group “B’s” 4 of the top athletes. Group “A,” obviously winds up with 16 of the top 20 players. Who do you think will conclusively win this game?

For next year the Gators, conceivably, have been allowed to do a 1 to 2 pick for Georgia. So next year, we can place on offense and defense, 7 thoroughbreds and 4 mules. Understand that this is a simple analogy and I don't mean to offend any of our young men that works their tails off. Georgia, through recruitment and retention will still field 11 thoroughbreds. But the gap is closing. The Gators still won’t win the game until they saddle up 11 thoroughbreds on offense and defense. Maybe this will help some folks struggling to understand that it isn’t really bad coaching. Please stand behind our coaches and young men. They need your support. They will work even harder knowing that we have their backs. Final thought. I think we have a jewel in Billy Napier. Please show your support.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News