ADVERTISEMENT

Aight, who's on your short list

Mullen isn’t getting fired this year but will likely be on the hot seat next year.
I’d start looking for DC candidates first.

With that being said I’d keep my eyes on Billy Napier, Luke Fickell and Lane Kiffin (yes I can’t believe I said his name)

Not Kiffin - Think he would be a bad fit for UF and is just a douchebag to me. I doubt Fickell will leave Cincy, especially with them moving to the Big 12. He's an Ohio guy and loves where he's at. I know money talks, but I just don't see him coming to the SEC. Don't know enough about Napier, but as I think about guys who could get Florida back to elite status, I just can't think of anyone. Jon Gruden's available!!! :)

Yep Mullen has next year. Hopefully there are some good ones available if a change did have to be made then.

Mullen isn’t getting fired this year but will likely be on the hot seat next year.

With that being said I’d keep my eyes on Billy Napier, Luke Fickell and Lane Kiffin (yes I can’t believe I said his name)
Mullen needs two things: A decent (at least a B+) DC and a top notch recruiting coordinator.

Reactions: DLinOrlando
After suffering through Muschamp and McElwain, I'm not sure I want to see Mullen fired. I still think he's the right guy for the job.

Reactions: sadgator
After suffering through Muschamp and McElwain, I'm not sure I want to see Mullen fired. I still think he's the right guy for the job.

I think he only survives after next season if Richardson is what we hope he is. If all he had was Jones as an option I think he would be fired after next season. We haven't recruited at the level of Georgia and play undisciplined much of the time so teams like KY and a depleted LSU can beat us. This would be a 7-5 West team probably.

Last edited:
Reactions: slnbot
I got nothin.

Say it with me..... Adam Fuller... I don't think Dan gets fired tho, tough stretch right now for sure but he's got the Gators really close to being a 10 win team almost every yr. He just has the games where you stratch your head. I didn't see the game today as I was on a plane but was it the offense or defense? I saw LSU scored 49 so I'm assuming the D didn't play well.

Say it with me..... Adam Fuller... I don't think Dan gets fired tho, tough stretch right now for sure but he's got the Gators really close to being a 10 win team almost every yr. He just has the games where you stratch your head. I didn't see the game today as I was on a plane but was it the offense or defense? I saw LSU scored 49 so I'm assuming the D didn't play well.
3 losses by a combined 16 points. Missed kick, penalties and then pics the difference in being unbeaten.

Reactions: fsu939913
Fire Grantham and the picture changes overnight. There's no Power 5 conference member with a DC this bad, considering the talent pool UF gets. The offense is NOT the problem.

That is an understatement.

Bama and Georgia's recruiting budgets are DOUBLE what we spend. If we want to compete at the top, we have to compete recruiting athletes.
DC & Top Tier recruiting coordinator would begin the process of getting the program back to national prominence.

I use to say that but he is not impressing me. He has lost to two bad Ed O coached teams. He ran off Matt Corrall for Emory Jones. He keeps AR on the bench for Emory Jones. He claims AR doesn't know the offense, so that on the coach. He isn't an elite recruiter. He has been loyal to Grantham two seasons too long.

I use to say that but he is not impressing me. He has lost to two bad Ed O coached teams. He ran off Matt Corrall for Emory Jones. He keeps AR on the bench for Emory Jones. He claims AR doesn't know the offense, so that on the coach. He isn't an elite recruiter. He has been loyal to Grantham two seasons too long.
His loyalty to Grantham is mind boggling.

• Angry
Reactions: NavigatorII
I've always mentioned Joe Brady but the one I'd love to bring to Gainesville is Hugh Freeze. He's served his punishment by getting canned at Ole Miss and being at Liberty. Bring in The Ogre as an assistant.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
He has done well

But

Something snapped starting with last season’s LSU game. That was given away. Details
Played well against a great Alabama team in title game
Had way too many players not play and even with that had an uninspired effort against Oklahoma
Played well against Alabama this year and arguably lost by missing details
Record penalties gifted a game away at KY. Disgusting
Today FOUR turnovers and just game long inattention, another gift, keeping LSU excited

6 losses and for just the wrong reasons

Mullen must elevate those attention to all the small things and not be so casual in practice or in games which helps this happen. Any attention today gets a win

Dan is a good coach but he doesn’t recruit well enough which makes the margin of error very slim and he’s done a poor job putting together his coaching staff.

Honestly I think this assessment is spot on. If he could get some really good hires as recruiters, you guys would be in business. The margins of error comment is so spot on

Reactions: PacoGator19
After what we went through during the Mac and Mus years…this thread is simply mind boggling…

Everyone may also want to note that…our loses this season are:

a two point loss the the #1 team in the Nation…
a seven point loss to a team that made it into the top 10 on the road.,.
a seven point loss in Baton Rouge…

Just wanted to give some clarity and perspective…have fun…

carry on…

Reactions: Razorback_Nole
After what we went through during the Mac and Mus years…this thread is simply mind boggling…

Everyone may also want to note that…our loses this season are:

a two point loss the the #1 team in the Nation…
a seven point loss to a team that made it into the top 10 on the road.,.
a seven point loss in Baton Rouge…

Just wanted to give some clarity and perspective…have fun…

carry on…
We crap on UGA fans for Bowl Cut for choking...but he choked in a national title game. We joke about 4th and Dumb but this is the only coach in my lifetime batting .500 vs UK. We joke about Cookie Monster Ed O but our coach is 1-3 vs O.

This guy is no worse but no better than Ron Zook.

His loyalty to Grantham. His loyalty to Felipe Franks. His loyalty to Emory Jones. His recruiting short falls.

The best offensive performance of he year was led by our backup QB "who don't know the offense" so teach him the fvcking offense Mr Supposed QB whisperer. Meanwhile Emory Jones is struggling to beat out an athlete who "doesn't know the offense" but Matt fvcking Corrall is a Heisman contender. The same Matt Corrall he chased off. The same Matt Corrall"who isn't a fit for our offense" but the dumbass offered a scholarship to Carson freaking Beck.

We call TSUN's coach NorveLLLLL but now we have our own MuLLLen.

I don't give a flip about Mus or Mc were bad. This upgrade is nothing more than a Kia. He is just as weird as Mac and doesn't even offer a BBQ sauce.

Last edited:
I'm all for Grantham leaving. He just lays too many eggs when it counts. Getting gashed by the same run play over and over was just demoralizing.

Reactions: Gator Fever
I agree with Sad on this. Mullen has stabilized the program. However, he needs to make the necessary staff changes. The great head coaches build amazing coaches around them. We all knew grantham was not a great DC. He has a season here and there that is good but many that are awful. Got to make the change.

I agree with Sad on this. Mullen has stabilized the program. However, he needs to make the necessary staff changes. The great head coaches build amazing coaches around them. We all knew grantham was not a great DC. He has a season here and there that is good but many that are awful. Got to make the change.

Exactly and he needs to make sure he keeps Richardson. He has shown he is a special talent that just needs to be less reckless throwing the ball downfield as he can make all the throws and is probably the best QB running threat in the country.

Exactly and he needs to make sure he keeps Richardson. He has shown he is a special talent that just needs to be less reckless throwing the ball downfield as he can make all the throws and is probably the best QB running threat in the country.
Agree. He's got the potential of Cam Newton or Patrick Mahomes. Only a knucklehead would risk him entering a transfer portal. This season was over at Kentucky so why not get on with the process? I like Mullen, I want him to stay here, but if he doesn't get rid of Grantham not sure how long that will continue.

I’m with you, he won’t get fired this year no matter what, barring a McElwain type collapse. With that said nothing I’ve seen out of him leads me to believe that next year will be any better. My hope would be that Lane is still available. Napier will likely be at at LSU next year.

As all the “coaching experts” here go apeshit about Richardson and Jones, you might want to consider the fact that the locker room is an extremely delicate ecosystem. With public social media and all, today’s locker room is much different than when a coach like Spurs could just yank a guy. Jones (as was Trask) has been a model of patience and loyalty. There are many on the team that see him as their “guy.” You can even see that in the posts of Richardson…Mullen can’t just kick Emory’s ass to the curb or he will lose support of a number of guys. There is a slow process of replacement that must be employed (other than injury). If you watched the ESPN special on Florida the year Feleipe got hurt (which sadgator HIGHLY recommends you do), you will see why Dan couldn’t just replace him (until he had no choice).

Of course the critics out there never think about this and just assume that what needs to be done better happen immediately.

Dan’s track record and resume’ developing and producing first level QB’s is sufficient enough for sadgator to trust that he is fairly competent in this area and knows what he is doing…

carry on…

Settle down you psychos.

We need to replace Grantham and we need the team to develop.

Does anyone want to go down every position and see how much talent and experience we lost.

Hell Cookie Monster won a Natty 2 years ago…now he is going to be fired?

Some of you fans are really strange.

We crap on UGA fans for Bowl Cut for choking...but he choked in a national title game. We joke about 4th and Dumb but this is the only coach in my lifetime batting .500 vs UK. We joke about Cookie Monster Ed O but our coach is 1-3 vs O.

This guy is no worse but no better than Ron Zook.

His loyalty to Grantham. His loyalty to Felipe Franks. His loyalty to Emory Jones. His recruiting short falls.

The best offensive performance of he year was led by our backup QB "who don't know the offense" so teach him the fvcking offense Mr Supposed QB whisperer. Meanwhile Emory Jones is struggling to beat out an athlete who "doesn't know the offense" but Matt fvcking Corrall is a Heisman contender. The same Matt Corrall he chased off. The same Matt Corrall"who isn't a fit for our offense" but the dumbass offered a scholarship to Carson freaking Beck.

We call TSUN's coach NorveLLLLL but now we have our own MuLLLen.

I don't give a flip about Mus or Mc were bad. This upgrade is nothing more than a Kia. He is just as weird as Mac and doesn't even offer a BBQ sauce.
He is much better than Zook

There are some issues that he has not addressed otherwise instead of being good to date Gators could have been even better. Both LSU losses and the KY loss of late were due to mistakes that should not be made at this level. He’ll get it cleaned up. But one place to start scrubbing is with details and a new DC

As all the “coaching experts” here go apeshit about Richardson and Jones, you might want to consider the fact that the locker room is an extremely delicate ecosystem. With public social media and all, today’s locker room is much different than when a coach like Spurs could just yank a guy. Jones (as was Trask) has been a model of patience and loyalty. There are many on the team that see him as their “guy.” You can even see that in the posts of Richardson…Mullen can’t just kick Emory’s ass to the curb or he will lose support of a number of guys. There is a slow process of replacement that must be employed (other than injury). If you watched the ESPN special on Florida (which sadgator HIGHLY recommends you do) the year Feleipe got hurt, you will see why Dan couldn’t just replace him (until he had no choice).

Of course the critics out there never think about this and just assume that what needs to be done better happen immediately.

Dan’s track record and resume’ developing and producing first level QB’s is sufficient enough for sadgator to trust that he is fairly competent in this area and knows what he is doing…

carry on…

Of course he can start AR over Jones just like he should have done with Trask starting after Franks tried to give the game away at Miami after all his previous shaky performances and could have done with Prescott sooner instead of waiting for that guy to get banged up to pull the trigger. He is just hard headed on that for some reason. Also even when he was the QB coach at Utah the same thing took place and Smith showed he was way better right after he took over. No excuse to have a talent like that not starting when he has that upside and this year's SEC chances are already finished.

Reactions: gatordad3
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT