ADVERTISEMENT

New Story Age is Just a Number

JasonHigdon

Bull Gator
Staff
Nov 5, 2021
Age is Just a Number

I have read a lot of people complaining about specific coaching candidates based on their age, and I do get it to some degree, but what age is too old? I think it depends on who you are talking about. Take Nick Saban, for example; he is 72 years old, but the guy is a young 72 if that makes sense, and I am pretty sure NO one on earth would have an issue if Saban came in for 4-5 years and turned things around before he passed it off to the next up and coming hot coach. Another guy who is a proven winner at this level is Urban Meyer, who is 60.

Do not get caught up in how old a coach is! Florida needs a guy who can command respect from recruits, parents, high school coaches, staff, and players, and his age will not matter.

Now, if you are telling me Florida is trying to hire a guy who will be the next head coach for 25 years, that is a different story, but that is not how things work in college football, for the most part. Don't get caught up or overly concerned about how old someone is.

I have no issues with how old someone is. To me and just me, I take each candidate one at a time, depending on how old they are. When the time comes, and Florida makes a move, we will openly discuss any potential head coach you want to discuss.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.