ADVERTISEMENT

A little help for getting past the no Spring football...

The promise still gives me goosebumps and makes me want to go outside and throw the football with my son. GOD BLESS

I wont ruin the thread so i will go with a positive moment. When you guys played Oh st in the championship game and Ted Gin ran the opening kickoff back and that smirk he had on his face and all oh st fans..... I was watching the game with an oh st fan and he turned to me and was like "see man this is going to be a cakewalk"... Then u guys proceeded to plow them for four quarters and his little smirk just kept fading. Most satisfying non fsu victory ever just becuz of the doosh i had to watch it with.

I wont ruin the thread so i will go with a positive moment. When you guys played Oh st in the championship game and Ted Gin ran the opening kickoff back and that smirk he had on his face and all oh st fans..... I was watching the game with an oh st fan and he turned to me and was like "see man this is going to be a cakewalk"... Then u guys proceeded to plow them for four quarters and his little smirk just kept fading. Most satisfying non fsu victory ever just becuz of the doosh i had to watch it with.

Did he try to come up with any excuses? What was he like when the game was officially over?

I remember the popular view in the media before the game was that UF didn't deserve to be in the same stadium as OSU, much less actually play them. From that time forward, I would always support Michigan against OSU, despite Michigan having UFs "number".

Go wolverines!!!

Nobody gave us a chance...hell to be honest I wanted to keep hope alive but didn't think we would win. When Ted Gin ran that back..I was like #$%^...this didn't start off well. The next drive on offense was mathematical...positive on every play and after that we just beat the crap out of them on offense and defense. It was insanely great for the Gator faithful. Oh this guy Urban Meyer is a pretty good coach...especially when he has time to prepare.

Reactions: fsu939913
Did he try to come up with any excuses? What was he like when the game was officially over?

I remember the popular view in the media before the game was that UF didn't deserve to be in the same stadium as OSU, much less actually play them. From that time forward, I would always support Michigan against OSU, despite Michigan having UFs "number".

Go wolverines!!!

At first it was "the refs are cheating, that was luck, etc" but about the end of the 3rd quarter he had a slumped look and accepted defeat. Told me Meyer was a cheater in recruiting and blah blah blah. He was PISSED and i was loving every second of it.

I knew UF was the better team, I knew OSU had a good team but no way they were challenged with the spd that UF had. I thought UF was going to boat race them even after the kickoff.

At first it was "the refs are cheating, that was luck, etc" but about the end of the 3rd quarter he had a slumped look and accepted defeat. Told me Meyer was a cheater in recruiting and blah blah blah. He was PISSED and i was loving every second of it.

I knew UF was the better team, I knew OSU had a good team but no way they were challenged with the spd that UF had. I thought UF was going to boat race them even after the kickoff.
Two things I remember from this game that were interesting. The player for UF that made the tackle after having his helmet ripped off and the interview after the game. His statement was “We play tough games every week in the SEC, this was no different.”

Reactions: TennesseeGator
Two things I remember from this game that were interesting. The player for UF that made the tackle after having his helmet ripped off and the interview after the game. His statement was “We play tough games every week in the SEC, this was no different.”

Earl Everett....good dude

Reactions: TennesseeGator
Then u guys proceeded to plow them for four quarters and his little smirk just kept fading. Most satisfying non fsu victory ever just becuz of the doosh i had to watch it with.

They wouldn't have had that opening TD if the blind Refs had called the Schmuckeyes for the holding of Reggie 'freakin' Nelson that sprung Ted Ginn Jr on that return... :mad:

In the post game on the tOSU board, I wrote that Heisman 'pretender' Troy Smith would have been 3rd string behind both Leak and Tebow (truth) if he was at UF.
Backup Gator QB Tebow ran for a TD and passed for a TD. Troy did neither.... :oops:
Leak came in 3rd I believe, but he deserved it more in 2006 than Smith. o_O

BTW - That earned me a fast BAN from their rivals board.... :eek:

THEY CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!! :D

After the Gators beat the Schmuckeyes for the B-Ball NC, the Gainesville 'mullet-wrapper' had a cartoon of Albert wiping his feet on a Schmucheye doormat. When I saw it, I swear that I shot my coffee outta my nose laughing... :D:D:D

The biggest thing was UF's defense. Oklahoma hadn't played a great defense all year. Both teams had great offenses.

Reactions: fsu939913
They wouldn't have had that opening TD if the blind Refs had called the Schmuckeyes for the holding of Reggie 'freakin' Nelson that sprung Ted Ginn Jr on that return... :mad:

In the post game on the tOSU board, I wrote that Heisman 'pretender' Troy Smith would have been 3rd string behind both Leak and Tebow (truth) if he was at UF.
Backup Gator QB Tebow ran for a TD and passed for a TD. Troy did neither.... :oops:
Leak came in 3rd I believe, but he deserved it more in 2006 than Smith. o_O

BTW - That earned me a fast BAN from their rivals board.... :eek:

THEY CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!! :D

Something i have learned over the yrs is people cannot handle the truth

Reactions: instaGATOR
Gators 5 Biggest Questions for 2020

1. OL improvement?
2. Running Game?
3. Returning & Emerging Receivers?
4. DL Replacements?
5. Beating UGly for the SEC-e

Biggest Games
VS LSU
@ WLOCP

Trap Games
UK - Tenn - Miss - SCa - Mizz - FSU

Should Win Games
E.Wash - S.Ala - VU - NMSt
======

2020 Incoming Recruits Highlights / Hype

2020 Season Roster and Projections

Scott Carter follows the instaGATOR's lead.... ;) --- :D

March 17, 2020
Carter's Corner: Some Gator-Centric Distractions via YouTube
icon_carter.png

Scott Carter / Senior Writer

https://floridagators.com/news/2020...e-gator-centric-distractions-via-youtube.aspx

Such a short career in regards to Grier and Callaway but what a game. Not an all time favorite but definitely a good one to remember.

TG - Watching that, I find it at least a little bit amazing at how much better of a QB that Kyle Trask looks to me, than how Will Grier looks to me...

Last edited:
Addressing #2 on the above list of Big Question for 2020...

RB Daemon Pierce 5-10 207 Jr ****
The current beast & projected stater at RB, 5.6 ypc.

RB Malik Davis 5-11 195 rsJr ****
A superior talent RB when at 100%.

RB/FS Iverson Clement 5-11 193 rsSo ****
Tough as nails, looking to break-out, L-41.

Nay'Quan Wright 5-9 195 rsFr ****
A cannon ball with 4.0 character.HS St-Champ from Miami

In iG's oho, UF is good to go with just the above 4 returning RB's.
Adding Lingard is a bonus if he's given his NCAA waiver.
Adding Evan would be some sweet icing for that 5 strong RB group.

Lorenzo Lingard 6-0 202 rsSo *****
Needs an NCAA waiver to play in 2020. Mia xfer

Zach Evans 6-1 190 *****
Has yet to commit anywhere, but a UF lean.

S.I. opinions on Gator RB's are suspect in iG's oho, but here they are if you're interested.
https://www.si.com/college/florida/football/florida-gators-2020-roster-outlook-running-back

Last edited:
TG - Watching that, I find it at least a little bit amazing at how much better of a QB that Kyle Trask looks to me, than how Will Grier looks to me...
Agree. Fundamental wise for sure. Passing wise for sure.

I'll admit Grier was a pure baller who had the balls to the wall attitude to make a big play.

Kyle Trask does as well.

Considering the total re-tread cluster at QB by McLame for 4 seasons, Dan's a freakin' genius and he is building a monster in the QB room with QB coach Brian Johnson.

QB-pp Kyle Trask 6-5 240 rsSr - EE
QB-dt Emory Jones 6-2 200 rsSo - EE
#6 QB-dt Anthony Richardson 6-4 235 Fr - EE
-----
QB-dt/Ath Jaylin Jackson 5-8 172 rsSo -- W-O
-----
#12 QB-pp Carlos Del Rio 6-2 200 - 2021 commit, ESPN 54-300
UF-- Ark-UK-MS-TN -- FSU-GaT-UL-Mia-Mich-NCSt-VaT

The 2020 Gator Defense. I was really wanting to watch develop at Spring practice....

BUCK -: Coached by DC Grantham
The Gators finished at #9 in the Nation in Total-D for 2019
Hey leghumpers, so much for 3rd and Grantham... :p

J.Polite - 2018 All SEC ---> NFL
J.Greenard - 2019 All SEC ---> NFL
----- possible replacements -----
Jeremiah Moon rsSr
Brenton Cox rsSo - Can also play LB & SDE
David Reese rsSo
Kris Bogle So - Also can play LB
Lloyd Summerall rsFr
And a couple of others that might get a look.

SDE

J.Zuniga - All SEC ---> NFL
----- possible replacements -----
Zach Carter rsJr - Can also play DT
Andrew Chatfield rsSo
~ Brenton Cox rsSo - if not at BUCK or MLB
DT/SDE Gervon Dexter Fr - could also get a look-see.

DT -- With quality/depth not seen in recent years:

Kyree Campbell Sr
Elijah Conliffe Sr
Tedarrell Slaton Sr - Time for a break-out season
Marion Dunlap rsSr
Jaelin Humphries rsFr
Johnnie Brown Fr
Lamar Goods Fr
Jalen Lee Fr

LB -- Replacing Sr MLB David Reese

Ventrell Miller rsJr
James Houston IV rsJr
Lacedrick Brunson rsJr
Mohamoud Diabate So
Ty'Ron Hopper So
Jesiah Pierre rsFr
Derek Wingo Fr

Safety

Quincy Lenton rsSr
Brad Stewart Sr
Shawn Davis Sr
Dinovan Stiner Sr
Rashad Torrence Fr
Mordecai McDaniel Fr
Tre'Vez Johnson Fr

Star / Nickle

Trey Dean Jr - Also can play CB or Safety
Cheater Kimbrough So
Jaydon Hill So
All 3 can also play CB

CB

Marco Wilson rsJr
kaiir Elam So - replacing C.J. Henderson Jr, ED to NFL
Jahari Rogers Fr
Ethan Pouncey Fr

In iG's opinion, a virtual guarantee to again finish in the Top 10 Total D
If I left anyone out, please feel free to update my list.
And any guesses as to what position someone will play is also welcome. :)

Last edited:
Look, read, think & consider, and then project an offensive roster / depth chart...
Keeping in mind that in Dan's system, all starter positions are always open for movement.

QB's - Kyle Trask rsSr - Emory Jones rsSo - Anthony Richardson Fr
Deep depth is covered by several HS QB's that are listed on the roster as athletes.

RB's - Dameon Pierce Jr - Projected starter.
The rest of the depth chart to be determined by August.
Malik Davis rsJr
Iverson Clement rsSo
Na'Quan Wright rsFr
Zach Evans Fr ??? an unsigned maybe
X-fer In - Lorenzo Lingard rsSo (needs 2020 waiver to play)

slot-WR/RB Kadarius Toney Sr - 'The Human Joystick'

WR's - Rick Wells rsSr - Trevon Grimes Sr - Jacob Copeland rsSo
Trent Whittemore rsFr - Ja'Markis Weston rsFr - Diaont Marks rsFr
Xzavier Henderson Fr - Jaquavion Fraziars Fr - Leonard Manuel Fr unsigned
X-fer In - Justin Shorter rsSo - Jordan Pouncey Grad-Jr - (both need 2020 waivers)

TE's - Kyle Pitts Jr - Keon Zipperer So -
Kemore Gamble rsJr - Dante Lang rsSo - Jonathan Odom Fr

OL listed by class, starters and depth chart not determined until late August imo.
Tanner Rowell rsSr
Jean Delance rsSr
Brett Heggie rsSr
Stone Forsythe rsSr
T.J. Moore rsJr
Richard Gouraige rsSo
Griffin McDowell rsSo
Ethan White So
-----
Riley Simonds rsFr
Kingsley Equakun rsFr
Michael Tarquin rsFr
Will Harrod rsFr
Da'Quan Thomas rsFr
-----
Issiah Walker Jr Fr
Joshua Braun Fr
Richard Leonard Fr
Gerald Mincey Fr
==========

Some 'down the road' good news for the Gators.

Former 2019 4-star OT Wardrick Wilson is rumored to enroll at UF sometime in the 2020 Spring or early Summer. (Ive no idea how solid that rumor is)
He was the Bahamas / Visa causality in the 2019 class.
If enrolled by Spring, he would still count back to the 2019 class I believe. :confused:
His 5 to play 4 won't begin until he's actually enrolled at UF.

Former 2019 4-star OG Deyavie Hammond via Twitter DM conversation:I'm currently at Independence (C.C.) Kansas and on course to graduate this December and report to Florida in the spring of 2021.

Last edited:
Dean is a hard hitter but struggles to get his head around on the ball covering... he's been out of position and gets flags a lot....3rd year though.

Davis is he stays healthy but we'll see who can catch it out of the backfield, protect and run it

Copeland looks like a baller...made plays but was behind several seniors that were very good. Reminds me of Swain...play maker might be better. Really want to see him this year.

JMOHO's, which are not set in cement.... August is a ways off yet.

DB Dean asked to move back to CB from STAR during the 2019 season.
IF he goes back to CB now, it will be as a backup imo.
I see Wilson and Elam as the starters.
However, Tre might make a starter if at one of the safety positions.
I really believe that at safety is where he could shine in 2020, but we'll see.

RB Malik Davis has been a favorite of mine since he first signed his LOI.
He started out big, then had 2 seasons of injuries, leading to #3 RB in 2019.
Dan say's that he's back now to 100%, both physically and mentally, and if so, he could be /#2 in 2020 behind Pierce.
The thing here is that all of the rest of them have 4-5 star talent, so it's still a wait and see... Nice problem to have imo. (all building up their resume's, with no fatigue injuries)

Wells, Grimes, and Copeland are the primaries at WR, with Toney in the slot.
I'm really looking forward to seeing Whittemore, Marks and Weston on the field.
Those high quality Fr will have time to learn and develop. With the schedule, they should get a little playing time in 3-4 games, but I'd be surprised if they don't all end the season with a redshirt intact.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT