ADVERTISEMENT

A couple of things

kcflagator

Chomp Artist
Gold Member
Nov 29, 2021
A few things I wanted to share.

I do not see the SEC adding any new teams in the near future. We are really happy with where we are. We want to see how the SEC feels and looks after Texas and Okie join the party. ESPN is being tight with their $$, but they love the SEC. The Pac 12 folded because their TV contract ran out and the new “bids” they received were really, really low. When Apple TV is the Pac-12’s best renewal offer on the TV front, that is a big YIKES. The SEC does not have to worry about that.

I expect an architect to be named for the Stadium renovation by the Home Opener in Sept. This is going to be a really expensive project. SS will be tested in terms of how we generate money with so many mouths to feed: Operations; NIL; BHG renovation; and even some other capital projects in the mix. IMO, this is where SS really shines. What he did with the football complex was nothing short of terrific.

I don’t get into the specifics of recruiting, but I will say this: The Gator coaching staff and related army are 100% on the same page. That is a far cry from the Mullen era when the offensive coaches and defensive coaches drew lines in the sand, were territorial, were unorganized and did not cross-sell. Fast forward to today: Napier and crew all sing from the same hymnal. No egos; no fights; no missed opportunities. IMO our best recruiters are on the Defensive side of the ball, and we take advantage of that. For example, Bateman and Raymond actively recruit offensive players regularly. Remember when we wanted Bateman gone? Not so much now. There are also some stars in the army who are absolutely killing it in recruiting. It is fun to watch. Billy has learned from last year by putting fish in the boat much earlier. He is known for keeping kids in the boat once they commit. That is a very good thing.

Last year, the team had much better chemistry than the guys on Mullen’s last team. The chemistry has gone up 3 notches this year. This team is tight. More importantly, the young guys meshing with the new guys happened really quickly this year. The players are working their fannies off but having a blast in doing so. Very high energy with the Gators right now. If you watch the practice, you can see what I mean. This team likes each other. They think people are underestimating them. You have to like the confidence.

KC

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News