ADVERTISEMENT

6-5 240 lb

LizardGrad89

Bull Gator
Nov 12, 2003
The numbers the announcers love to give for Trask.

But, what if next year he were our 6-5, 215-220 lb QB? Would that guy be the runner this offense needs? Well, probably not to the level of Jones, but maybe to Philipe Franks. Just enough of a running threat to make defenses account for it.

Plus, with the way the NFL is moving to mobile QB's, if he came out leaner and meaner with more mobility it could really help his draft status.

I wouldn't be surprised if Trask's conditioning is a story in spring or summer.

Philipe Franks lol.

Yeah, Philipe Franks.

Awkward looking long strides, took about 20 yards to get up to speed, but at least he didn't look like he was running in mud all the time like Trask does. A little weight loss and flexibility work could really help him.

Yeah, Philipe Franks.

Awkward looking long strides, took about 20 yards to get up to speed, but at least he didn't look like he was running in mud all the time like Trask does. A little weight loss and flexibility work could really help him.
The other thing is for Mullen's offense to truly be firing on all cylinders he needs a mobile QB. I agree with you that they will work on his mobility in the off season.

I mean...Trask is what he is....he's a little bit pocket blind and a downhill runner.

slimming him down isn't going to make him a better runner.
Agreed....love Trask but I can out run him. If he lost 20 pounds it wouldn't hurt but when Jones comes in he blows past people, the difference is instantly noticeable but Trask losing weight isn't going to make a big difference. Throwing the ball, reading defenses and being accurate with the football is his strength...I bet most O lineman can out run the kid lol

Reactions: g2gator
Bowl Game -- Trask - 8 for 34 yds, 4.3 ypc, 1 TD, L-16 :cool:

With the OL and RB's improved and in sync, the QB doesn't need to run it more than 5-8 times per game, per Dan. o_O

The QB runs up the middle, forces the defense to open up the passing lanes, which is what you really want a QB to be doing. QB = Pass -- RB = Run :rolleyes:

And why the hell would I want Trask to lose weight and run it more??? :confused:
When I have 5 RB's that are 4-5 stars and make their living running the ball... o_O

6-5 239
6-4 225 -- that Ht-Wt slot is now covered ;)
6-2 199

With the OL and RB's improved and in sync, the QB doesn't need to run it more than 5-8 times per game, per Dan. o_O

True and whatever works best for the team...if we can run the ball and throw it...and Trask is the guy, let's get into the playoffs. I trust Mullen and I think Trask will be the guy going into the season. He really played like a champ this year...got to think that he'll be better next year. If we can run it we are going to rip it up.

The FNG Ht/Wt slot filler.... o_O

#5 QB-dt Anthony Ricahardson 6-4 230 (4.64/40 3-18-18) - Gainesville, FL
(70+ cannon arm at Elite-11) :eek:

HS 4 Yrs Career Stats:
P - 278 of 523, 53.2% for 4,633 Yds, 16.7 Yds/Comp, 37 TD's, 19 Ints (TD/Int 2 to 1)
R - 250 for 1,633 Yds, 6.5 YPC, 41 TD's (TD each 6.1 runs)

Improvements from his 4 year overall stats, to his Sr season...

Sr Season before being injured out:

P- 80 of 124, 64.5% for 1,398 Yds, 17.5 Yds/Comp, 6 TD's, 1 Int (TD/Int 6 to 1)
R - 33 for 151 Yds, 4.6 YPC, 7 TD''s (TD each 4.7 runs)

In Dan's offense, a running QB is NOT the desired outcome. The QB runs when the defense does not account for him. You take what the D is giving you. Dan only needs a QB that can read the D and is willing and able to take advantage of the gifts.... :cool:
The job of the QB is to distribute the ball to the play-makers and to not turn it over.

Making the D pay for not accounting for the QB runs is just the icing on the cake. ;)

The QB runs up the middle, forces the defense to open up the passing lanes, which is what you really want a QB to be doing. QB = Pass -- RB = Run :rolleyes:

And why the hell would I want Trask to lose weight and run it more??? :confused:
When I have 5 RB's that are 4-5 stars and make their living running the ball... o_O

6-5 239
6-4 225 -- that Ht-Wt slot is now covered ;)
6-2 199
In order for Dan's spread RPO offense to work most effectively the QB has to be a major threat to run. It is part of the reason we struggled to run the ball this year. It is also a major reason we struggled on 3rd and shorts. The reason Dan gets an A+ in my book this year is he scrapped his normal offensive philosophy and adapted around what Trask does well. Love that he did that.

In order for Dan's spread RPO offense to work most effectively the QB has to be a major threat to run. It is part of the reason we struggled to run the ball this year. It is also a major reason we struggled on 3rd and shorts. The reason Dan gets an A+ in my book this year is he scrapped his normal offensive philosophy and adapted around what Trask does well. Love that he did that.

Where was the team and Trask at season's end in the Bowl Game?

UF 36 - 24 Va
1st Dn's R-12
1st Dn's P-13
Balanced??? o_O
-----
R-244, YPC 7.2, TD's 3
P-305, Yds/Comp 12.7, TD's 1
Yds 549, 7.5 Yds/Play, 36 Pts (included 3 Evan FG's)

Trask
P - 24 of 39, 61.5% for 305 yds, 12.7 Yds/Comp, 1 TD, 1 Int
R - 7 for 43 yds, 6.1 ypc, 1 TD, 0 Fum
He took 1 sack for -6 yds.

Tell me, going by the above results, would you consider that Dan's RPO was working in the Orange Bowl? :cool:

Where was the team and Trask at season's end in the Bowl Game?

UF 36 - 24 Va
1st Dn's R-12
1st Dn's P-13
Balanced??? o_O
-----
R-244, YPC 7.2, TD's 3
P-305, Yds/Comp 12.7, TD's 1
Yds 549, 7.5 Yds/Play, 36 Pts (included 3 Evan FG's)

Trask
P - 24 of 39, 61.5% for 305 yds, 12.7 Yds/Comp, 1 TD, 1 Int
R - 7 for 43 yds, 6.1 ypc, 1 TD, 0 Fum
He took 1 sack for -6 yds.

Tell me, going by the above results, would you consider that Dan's RPO was working in the Orange Bowl? :cool:
Show me Jones numbers for the game. Are you suggesting that during the season we ran the ball effectively?

Show me Jones numbers for the game. Are you suggesting that during the season we ran the ball effectively?

Show yourself or continue to wonder. :rolleyes:
EJ has a nice ypc, but it's a feast & famine stat on the individual attempts.
Plus there's a big difference between running a few plays, and running for an entire continuous play after play game. o_O

I showed you the stats for the last game, suggesting nothing else, can't you read? :confused:

Now, put your straw man away and answer your own questions and/or make your own points... :cool:

Show yourself or continue to wonder. :rolleyes:
EJ has a nice ypc, but it's a feast & famine stat on the individual attempts.
Plus there's a big difference between running a few plays, and running for an entire continuous play after play game. o_O

I showed you the stats for the last game, suggesting nothing else, can't you read? :confused:

Now, put your straw man away and answer your own questions and/or make your own points... :cool:
A simple you were right County would have sufficed. No need to go into all of this....

Reactions: gatordad3
This is one of those rare moments where I say trust the coaches.

So far Dan has not done anything as coach of the UF football program to have any distrust in him.

I haven't felt this way since Steven Orr Spurrier left the program. I loved Meyer as a coach but I didn't trust him as much as I did Spurrier. So far I'm feeling the same way for Mullen as I did Spurrier.

If he goes with Trask I'm confident in his decision. If he goes with Jones. I'm confident in his decision.

I do think with another spring with Trask he will make any necessary tweaks he seems fit.

Right now the orange and blue are shining. Beat UGA and dont drop an upset to a lower tier team and all is great.

Go Gators!

Reactions: instaGATOR

So far Dan has not done anything as coach of the UF football program to have any distrust in him.

I haven't felt this way since Steven Orr Spurrier left the program. I loved Meyer as a coach but I didn't trust him as much as I did Spurrier. So far I'm feeling the same way for Mullen as I did Spurrier.

If he goes with Trask I'm confident in his decision. If he goes with Jones. I'm confident in his decision.

I do think with another spring with Trask he will make any necessary tweaks he seems fit.

Right now the orange and blue are shining. Beat UGA and dont drop an upset to a lower tier team and all is great.

Go Gators!

Mullen = Allstate

Reactions: TennesseeGator

Go Gators!

the one thing I actually agree with Fever on, and it's the biggest difference between Spurrier and Mullen, is that he does seem to value experience over talent at the QB position.

Spurrier, of course, is a bit of an anomaly because not many, if any, have handled the position like he did, but I do think that Mullen will wait until he has to to change QBs.

honestly, Trask has been a shining example of his QB coaching and scheming, and he can say all the things about not needing a running QB (but I also remember Urban Meyer saying that he would adapt the offense for Brantley...and that, like many other things, was a lie....unless he meant that Brantley would just come out for 3rd and 12 to pass the ball after Burton and Reed could t do anything).

if either of the DT QBs are close to Trask, he really does need to put them in. If not, we're going to have to recruit QBs a whole lot better.

Mullen will wait until he has to to change QBs.

After the Mizzou debacle last year we would have seen Trask over Franks but Trask got injured.

Honestly I'm glad to see them all playing good for the majority of the time as compared to what we saw under the last two and even dating back to Urb's last season.

the one thing I actually agree with Fever on, and it's the biggest difference between Spurrier and Mullen, is that he does seem to value experience over talent at the QB position.

Spurrier, of course, is a bit of an anomaly because not many, if any, have handled the position like he did, but I do think that Mullen will wait until he has to to change QBs.

honestly, Trask has been a shining example of his QB coaching and scheming, and he can say all the things about not needing a running QB (but I also remember Urban Meyer saying that he would adapt the offense for Brantley...and that, like many other things, was a lie....unless he meant that Brantley would just come out for 3rd and 12 to pass the ball after Burton and Reed could t do anything).

if either of the DT QBs are close to Trask, he really does need to put them in. If not, we're going to have to recruit QBs a whole lot better.
Agreed

A simple you were right County would have sufficed. No need to go into all of this....

In that case, it's a simple 'you're wrong again' Country. :p
I answered correctly, while you did another duck-dodge-distract attempt. :confused:

Happy now? :D

Update:

The QB passer rating, a measure of 4 components (completion %, yards per attempt, TD's per attempt, and Int's per attempt), is a frequently used metric in ranking QB's. In terms of Trask, his 156.6 rating to conclude the season among QB's that had a minimum of 15.0 pass attempts per game and played in 75% of the games on the schedule, finished 2nd in the SEC. :eek:

Trask should only get better in his first full season as a starter next year in his final year of eligibility. o_O
==========

insta IS rather notorious for not answering questions that make him uncomfortable.

And only because you've begged for it,,, yet again,,, by taking a shot at me... :rolleyes:

Pitiful little attention beggar, kinda sad really, but here ya go,,, yet again.
Here to foul up yet another thread with his always village idiot smelly crap.
Both Totally Clueless and Boring is an ugly combination.

Never need to read his posts, because they are always going to be,,, what they are, and what he will always be. This asswipe stalker arrives to spread his usual crap, and to be the lonely despised drunk loser that he is... :confused:

There once was a goater named dunny,
who was always trying to be funny.
But with his head up his butt,
and a load of beer in his gutt,
when it came to the girls he got nunny...

ZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz

PS -- The cure for this dunny, is to return to not posting your same-ole usual chit to me. :cool:

Not just a better runner...duel threat guys like Tebow, Newton and others just know how to run the ball, change direction, know when to lower their pads AND they are fast! It's not a skill set that Trask has.
Agree, but on the other hand, Trask is the first QB in a very long while that mentally has a pulse when it comes to progressions and decision making. I would rather bulk up the line, make them stronger and better blockers than screw around with Trask physically.

Reactions: instaGATOR
Agree, but on the other hand, Trask is the first QB in a very long while that mentally has a pulse when it comes to progressions and decision making. I would rather bulk up the line, make them stronger and better blockers than screw around with Trask physically.
Hard to argue against the Trask Train...you're correct...he makes good decisions usuall, he's pretty accurate. He's likely the starter going into the next season and I hope he's a Heisman candidate...he's certainly the best passer we've had in a long time. I mean for a guy who has only started 8 games (approx) in the last 8 years he's played amazing and seems to be handling the pressure/attention very well.

Like I have said before, I just hope Emory Jones is patient and waits his turn. Also if Anthony Richardson is as good as everyone says he is, I hope he waits his turn also. Carlos Del Rio coming in 2021 is a beast at QB also. These young guys might be the next Justin Fields and might not want to wait their turn.

Good problem to have. Seasoned room. Really 2 more years a piece pending who all stays or doesn't get hurt. We'll know more after Spring.

As a Gator in the SEC, any QB only needs 1-2 good seasons to move on to the NFL.
Trask is now the poster-child for staying loyal... ;)

QB Kyle Trask 6-5 239 rsSr ** (as I've always said, VASTLY under-rated) ;)
A 2019 backup that finished the season as the Top 2-3 QB in the SEC. :eek:

QB Emory Jones 6-2 199 rsSo **** - Beginning his 3rd season in Dan's system.
A rotational backup that's building his resume' to be a starter. :)

QB Anthony Richardson 6-4 225 4.5/40 Fr **** Dec. EE
From S.I - "Anthony Richardson is a hometown kid for the Gators and he fits Mullen's offensive almost laughably well."
He's the Elite-11 Distance Champ at 70+ yds, and he runs like a deer. :cool:

2021 QB Carlos Del-Rio 6-3 201 HS-Sr **** - Hard Commit
Overall, Del Rio looks really good. Florida’s QB room is looking stacked for the future.
https://www.si.com/college/florida/...rviewing-gators-2021-qb-commit-carlos-del-rio

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT