ADVERTISEMENT

3 or 4 losses this year....

About anyone here can gave mess dug up showing predictions that aren't entirely accurate and the fact is without Mullen being forced to play Trask we have 3 or probably 4 losses actually since our running game was so crappy this season.

But my early guess would be around 3 losses but losing to the teams we have to beat to get where we need to be. 2021 gives me a little more hope since the recruiting is finally getting better it appears.

As I said, Mullen pulled the trigger on Trask last year but he promptly got hurt and we were stuck with Franks. Then some kind of light went on for Franks and he played better the rest of the year.

Couldn't replace Franks while he was on a winning streak, but if Mullen had already made the switch once, you know it was something he was thinking about.

For all we know, Trask would have come in the series after Franks got hurt. So just slow your roll about Mullen being forced to play Trask. Besides, even then he wasn't forced to play Trask. He could have played Jones.

Question:

How does he apologize on a board he is banned from and so cannot post on it?

Fever doesnt need to be banned IMO. He's a Never Mullen. Dan is bringing everything to Florida that he's always claimed he wanted, but he can't be happy about the success cause he doesn't like the guy delivering it.

As I said, Mullen pulled the trigger on Trask last year but he promptly got hurt and we were stuck with Franks. Then some kind of light went on for Franks and he played better the rest of the year.

Couldn't replace Franks while he was on a winning streak, but if Mullen had already made the switch once, you know it was something he was thinking about.

For all we know, Trask would have come in the series after Franks got hurt. So just slow your roll about Mullen being forced to play Trask. Besides, even then he wasn't forced to play Trask. He could have played Jones.

I doubt Mullen would have did it until he struggled in another game after KY however.

Can't ban Fever for stating his opinion. He's been skeptical about Mullen but he's a good Gator fan.

I just state my opinions at the time like everyone else. Actually with Zook and Muschamp I was a sunshine pumper for too long. I turned real quick on Butters even though I make jokes about his SEC East titles now.

As for Mullen I always want my Gators to win but am not sure what the final outcome will be though I think 2020 won't be the breakout year. Maybe if he can keep improving recruiting we can get there in 2021 and beyond. Time will tell

I just state my opinions at the time like everyone else. Actually with Zook and Muschamp I was a sunshine pumper for too long. I turned real quick on Butters even though I make jokes about his SEC East titles now.

As for Mullen I always want my Gators to win but am not sure what the final outcome will be though I think 2020 won't be the breakout year. Maybe if he can keep improving recruiting we can get there in 2021 and beyond. Time will tell
I think that we will be strong again next year but we're stacking talent and getting it developed...we could win it the year after. We were a few plays away from being in the SEC game this year too. I've been impressed with the team and coaching and it's showing up in recruiting.

I think this is what frustrates some, you could have said all that AND have given Mullen credit for the amazing results he's had.

Because he has. And his biggest success is in recruiting, which is NOT his strength and IS the one area you claimed to be most worried about.

I think this is what frustrates some, you could have said all that AND have given Mullen credit for the amazing results he's had.

Because he has. And his biggest success is in recruiting, which is NOT his strength and IS the one area you claimed to be most worried about.

He hasn't had amazing results yet but I am holding out hope this 2020 class could be a start.

He hasn't had amazing results yet but I am holding out hope this 2020 class could be a start.
FWIW he’s the only coach in UF history to have back to back 10 wins seasons in his first 2 years. Not sure if that classifies as amazing but considering he took over a 4 win team I would certainly say that is very very impressive. It’s not like he came in after a Steve Spurrier or an Urban Meyer. In fact following McElwain is/was even more difficult than even coming in after Muschamp.

FWIW he’s the only coach in UF history to have back to back 10 wins seasons in his first 2 years. Not sure if that classifies as amazing but considering he took over a 4 win team I would certainly say that is very very impressive. It’s not like he came in after a Steve Spurrier or an Urban Meyer. In fact following McElwain is/was even more difficult than even coming in after Muschamp.

No his talent level he took over went with a 3 loss team I think once he got Franks to stop turning it over every other play like in 2017. That 2017 season just turned into a train wreck and spiraled out of control.

I will give him credit for having no upsets this season as that is hard to do over a whole season.

Mullen is rebuilding this program in a huge way. It's awesome. Excited about the future.

Reactions: PacoGator19
No his talent level he took over went with a 3 loss team I think once he got Franks to stop turning it over every other play like in 2017. That 2017 season just turned into a train wreck and spiraled out of control.

I will give him credit for having no upsets this season as that is hard to do over a whole season.

I will agree that the talent Mullen inherited was sufficient to have a 10 win season. Since he actually had a 10 win season with that talent, it would be foolish to argue otherwise.

However, it also required a tremendous coaching job and a serious buy-in by current players to get there.

I will agree that the talent Mullen inherited was sufficient to have a 10 win season. Since he actually had a 10 win season with that talent, it would be foolish to argue otherwise.

However, it also required a tremendous coaching job and a serious buy-in by current players to get there.
We had 9-10’win talent in 2017 and McElwain won 4. So like it has been stated the coaching is still very important. There was gaping holes on the roster that the current staff is having to patch up. The biggest and most difficult change of all was Mullen having to change the entire culture of the program.

We had 9-10’win talent in 2017 and McElwain won 4. So like it has been stated the coaching is still very important. There was gaping holes on the roster that the current staff is having to patch up. The biggest and most difficult change of all was Mullen having to change the entire culture of the program.
It's not like we didn't and don't have talent but like you said our depth has been an issue...lose a guy or two to an injury and we have issues. Outside of that our players haven't been coached well. Savage has made this team mentally and physically tough...we might not win but under Mullen we don't quit. Mac's teams were soft.

The buy in has been huge. The way that Mullen carries himself it awesome...the team is very unselfish and they all just want to win. I really believe that we have one of the best coaches in the country.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT