ADVERTISEMENT

2025 gator baseball

WNewsom

Gator Great
Gold Member
Mar 28, 2008
Hard to believe this team made it all the way to the CWS and got 2 W’s. What a great run. But it’s time to look into next year. I feel like we’re not losing much outside of Cagz and Neely. They are pretty irreplaceable, at least Cagz is for sure. Shelby’s was solid as well.
Has Shelton done enough to go pro? What about Evans( we missed him in the CWS, remember how he tore the cover off the ball last CWS.)
Thomas- gone, easily replaceable I think needs to be a portal guy for 3B
OF has several decent options to go along with the transfer from Miami. Getting Evans back would be huge. Yost showed promise. Wilson was a surprise and carried us in the first 2 rounds of the playoffs. But I wonder if the version of him we saw in the CWS is more of an indicator. But he is only a sophomore
SS- Shelton or maybe the transfer from JU?
2B- I’m expecting a bounce back year for Kurland. We could do better defensively there
1B- ???Heyman
C-Heyman, Donay

Lots of arms gained valuable experience. I like Peterson and Coppola for weekend starters. I think we absolutely have to add a big time arm for the weekend rotation in the portal. Maybe another.
Jameson, Clement, McNealy are all pretty tough. Fischer was better last year but I think has one more year. I can’t recall the name but one of our top freshman arms went down with TJ in the fall.

Anyway, I’m sure I’m leaving some guys out but the future looks bright if we can add a few big time portal transfers. Probably safe to assume we will bring in some solid freshman as well

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News