ADVERTISEMENT

2024 season positional needs

movinonwapir22

Bull Gator
Gold Member
Mar 25, 2006
Id say we need the following from portal:

1) True Left Tackle starter so Barber can go back to RT and George can go to bench, or Guard, or transfer. I dont think Leonard should be a starter but we have some inhouse options at Guard.

2). 1-2 DL starters, preferably one that can actually get to the QB. DL inability to collapse the pocket vs elite OL LSU and Georgia. Really need some development out of Banks, Kelby, and James. Missed Boone more vs the run than the pass IMO, hes not an elite pass rusher which we need. Still lacking true elite DT talent. Position has plagued us for 10+ years IMO. Mccray will play as a freshman. Desmond Watson just cant be on the field vs teams that can throw.

3). Starter at ILB opposite of Shemar. Would be tough to ask Graham or Chiles to fill that role as true freshman but they have the talent to do so. Scooby isnt the answer, just not fast enough or instinctual. Maybe he gets move to OLB. Not sure if Jaden Robinson is a difference maker at ILB. A UF ILB should be a dominant presence like Spikes, Jarrad Davis, Siler etc. Not sure anyone outside of Shemar and the two freshman are capable of that.

4). Starter safety opposite Castell. While Castell hasnt played as well as of late, in my opinion hes still starting caliber. Besides Filsaime as a true freshman, not sure theres a legitimate option on the roster. Thornton has struggled mightily as of late. Seems to lack the speed needed but maybe will play faster after a year in the system.

Lesser needs:

5). Possibly a transfer corner. Im assuming Marshall and Kimber move on way or another. If theyre starting then Im definitely concerned. I like what ive seen from Jackson and while I like Moore he just cant stay healthy. We need Didi Johnson to contribute. Going to guess Hill goes pro which leads to Denson/Gates taking over Nickel.

6). A top 3 type WR. With Pearsall gone, Eugene Wilson and Douglas seem primed to be two top guys at WR. Hopefully Jean and Mizell will stick around and be contributors. Id imagine one or both of Burke or Fraziars move on. I doubt any of the true freshman are immediate impact guys but Hawkins speed may get him on the field early.

What say you?

Reactions: BCSpell
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News