ADVERTISEMENT

160,000 and counting

Overblown? This is the most serious health crisis of my lifetime. Do you expect the media to just ignore it, and hope it just goes away? Come on. You guys are just overly sensitive because you think it makes Trump look bad.

Show me a media source that doesn’t “hype” this and I’ll show you a Trump propaganda machine. You guys blame the media too much. Over 160,000 have died for goodness sake. I guess the Spanish Flu was overblown last century.
I'd say over 159,999 because one of those deaths was from a motorcycle accident.

Reactions: nail1988 and BSC911
You guys are giddy because you are hoping the pandemic will help cure your TDS.

If you can't admit that the left has politicized the pandemic into hopes of regime change then we have nothing to talk about on this subject. Yes, the pandemic is serious...and yes, the left is going to do their dead level best to capatalize on the pandemic.
Of course the left has politicized it. That’s how politics works. Are you naive? That doesn’t diminish its seriousness, which the Right seems to be doing. Look at Ghost’s posts, and the Tard that says only 10,000 have died.

Of course the left has politicized it. That’s how politics works. Are you naive? That doesn’t diminish its seriousness, which the Right seems to be doing. Look at Ghost’s posts, and the Tard that says only 10,000 have died.

Yes, I guess I am naive. I prefer to be naive i suppose. I find the politicization of the pandemic and all that comes with it intolerable and evil. People's lives are being ruined if not lost....but if we can make political hay, well hell yea!!! Sorry man, that's evil. And it's evil when anyone does it.

My parents are 76 and 74. My dad has to take of my mom completely. Before the pandemic, my wife and I helped a lot. Even my kids pitched in but now we can't. Now we fear killing them both with our mere presence. That has put a lot on my dad. Perhaps too much. These conditions don't seem like fair game for political bullshit imho. But maybe you disagree.

Overblown? This is the most serious health crisis of my lifetime. Do you expect the media to just ignore it, and hope it just goes away? Come on. You guys are just overly sensitive because you think it makes Trump look bad.

Show me a media source that doesn’t “hype” this and I’ll show you a Trump propaganda machine. You guys blame the media too much. Over 160,000 have died for goodness sake. I guess the Spanish Flu was overblown last century.

Yes overblown....here is why. Tell me how many children worldwide will starve to death due to economic shutdown caused by the media panic. How many suicides due to it? How many murders? How many drug overdoses? Domestic violence incidents? Crime? People sent into poverty? Total lives lost and families destroyed?

Hint: The UN predicts 130 million children will starve worldwide due to the economic shutdown. Now, add up the accumulative numbers of the other things with that, and tell me if it is greater than say....600,000.

So yes, Overblown and we will ALL pay a huge price for them doing it. Before you respond, please at least come out of your closet, the rest of your house is safe.

Lastly, I have begun slapping fast food out of peoples hands in the name of caring for my fellow man.

Yes overblown....here is why. Tell me how many children worldwide will starve to death due to economic shutdown caused by the media panic. How many suicides due to it? How many murders? How many drug overdoses? Domestic violence incidents? Crime? People sent into poverty? Total lives lost and families destroyed?

Hint: The UN predicts 130 million children will starve worldwide due to the economic shutdown. Now, add up the accumulative numbers of the other things with that, and tell me if it is greater than say....600,000.

So yes, Overblown and we will ALL pay a huge price for them doing it. Before you respond, please at least come out of your closet, the rest of your house is safe.

Lastly, I have begun slapping fast food out of peoples hands in the name of caring for my fellow man.

A quick burger now and then won't kill you. But when folks can only afford fast-food on a daily basis, then it can kill you. So can a daily supply of canned pork and beans and breakfast cereals... The food babe has info on what is in McDonald's foods here: https://foodbabe.com/everyone-still-eats-mcdonalds-even-wont-admit/
but most fast-food restaurants (and pretty much any restaurant) has poor, unhealthy menu choices. Chick-fil-A is bad too.

This list of ingredients in their simple sandwich has to be processed in our bodies. Not a single thing that enters our mouths and into our stomachs are missed by the body. It will either accept it as good or go through the process of elimination. It eventually gets too hard for the body to maintain and then disease happens. So, if the CDC really cares about our health, it'll start regulating the foods we eat by regulating the processors of the foods we eat.

Last edited:
Yes, I guess I am naive. I prefer to be naive i suppose. I find the politicization of the pandemic and all that comes with it intolerable and evil. People's lives are being ruined if not lost....but if we can make political hay, well hell yea!!! Sorry man, that's evil. And it's evil when anyone does it.

My parents are 76 and 74. My dad has to take of my mom completely. Before the pandemic, my wife and I helped a lot. Even my kids pitched in but now we can't. Now we fear killing them both with our mere presence. That has put a lot on my dad. Perhaps too much. These conditions don't seem like fair game for political bullshit imho. But maybe you disagree.
I’m not sure I understand your point. It sounds like you are taking the pandemic seriously. Whether or not you help out with your parents is your call. I think you are smart to avoid them if you are exposed to a lot of people, but that just supports the argument that the risk is real.

My wife still takes care of her mother, but she’s obsessive about who and what she is exposed to. She won’t allow her brother to even see his own mother because he doesn’t take it seriously enough, and caught the Covid.

You guys are giddy because you are hoping the pandemic will help cure your TDS.

If you can't admit that the left has politicized the pandemic into hopes of regime change then we have nothing to talk about on this subject. Yes, the pandemic is serious...and yes, the left is going to do their dead level best to capatalize on the pandemic.
As I’ve said, getting Trump removed is just a silver lining. If I had my druthers, I’d rather have the 160,000 not to have died.

Here’s the thing. You can be concerned about more than one thing at a time. Also, the 130 million starving children just because of the pandemic seems like a BS figure. I’d have to see the link.

You can’t just ignore a pandemic because there is an economic cost. In fact, most economists say the economic impact will be greater if you do ignore if. With no restrictions, people would be afraid to leave their home.

Here’s the thing. You can be concerned about more than one thing at a time. Also, the 130 million starving children just because of the pandemic seems like a BS figure. I’d have to see the link.

You can’t just ignore a pandemic because there is an economic cost. In fact, most economists say the economic impact will be greater if you do ignore if. With no restrictions, people would be afraid to leave their home.

Google is your friend. And, as far as the bolded part of your statement....I completely agree and am very happy you are on board with not just focusing on "we must control the spread". Now that we know this pandemic will run through hotspots and then basically become endemic (hello and THANK YOU Sweden for having more courage than anyone else) its time to open up everything to save lives. Now that you have joined the ranks, it's time to let everyone know they can get back to work now. You can go ahead and contact your local representatives and tell them to open up....children are dying. Thanks for your support.

https://www.vaticannews.va/en/world...warns-increased-food-insecurity-pandemic.html

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/...hreats-coronavirus-economic-downturn-n1189326

Reactions: nail1988
I’m not sure I understand your point. It sounds like you are taking the pandemic seriously. Whether or not you help out with your parents is your call. I think you are smart to avoid them if you are exposed to a lot of people, but that just supports the argument that the risk is real.

My wife still takes care of her mother, but she’s obsessive about who and what she is exposed to. She won’t allow her brother to even see his own mother because he doesn’t take it seriously enough, and caught the Covid.

Yes we take it seriously. I am obviously around a lot of people, many of them unsavory. My wife is active as well as she runs the day to day...the bills must be paid.

I had the virus, its a nothing burger.

Over 160,000 Americans dead due to the pandemic. This could have been curbed. But the mixed messages and general incompetence of trump and his administration has led to the nation struggling.

Remember that come November: trump put your life at risk with his negligence.

The point is that the politicization is making a bad situation worse.
Politicization is inevitable when you consider the fact that it is THE major issue facing the nation, since its consequences are so far reaching, in terms of lives, economy, etc. The two candidates have wildly different approaches, and only Biden's is based on medical science.

What's clear to any one that analyzes the situation is that trump has bungled this abominably, and that has led to unnecessary suffering on the part of the American people. As a result, he should be held accountable in November.

Sorry to hear about how your family has been impacted by the pandemic as well. Hoping it all gets better for you and yours.

Over 160,000 Americans dead due to the pandemic. This could have been curbed. But the mixed messages and general incompetence of trump and his administration has led to the nation struggling.

Remember that come November: trump put your life at risk with his negligence.

You can always spot the morons....... Here is one of them. Remember that come November, the democrats controlled the house and di nothing to stop the virus as Trump closed borders.... See dipshit, i can do it to. You care absolutely nothing about the amount of people dead, you only care that it hurts trump. Typical libtard, no compassion or empathy. Also, South America and europe/UK have or will have a higher death count and the death count we have is completely inaccurate.

You can always spot the morons....... Here is one of them. Remember that come November, the democrats controlled the house and di nothing to stop the virus as Trump closed borders.... See dipshit, i can do it to. You care absolutely nothing about the amount of people dead, you only care that it hurts trump. Typical libtard, no compassion or empathy. Also, South America and europe/UK have or will have a higher death count and the death count we have is completely inaccurate.
the buck stops with anybody but your guy eh? So "sad". When he was touting bleach and light as cures (like an absolute moron), and then touting the medical genius of a "witch" doctor, he should have been advocating for more testing and contact tracing. Instead of rushing governors to open up the economy, he should have listened to the experts (now Birx is telling the world it's widespread because of initial poor handling). Rather than making the governors fight for supplies, he should have developed a national plan.

He WILL be held accountable in November. The only "sad" part is that this "stable genius" was in charge of the country at any point during the pandemic. That tragic fact has cost American lives.

I won't list them all, as I'm sure you've read them, and for whatever reason choose to ignore them.
1) advocated mask wearing
2) not rushed/pressured to open the states back up
3) followed the science (at various points he has touted light, bleach, and HCQ, none of which has solid medical evidence behind it. Even promoting HCQ has negative consequences, as some easily impressionable individuals rush to try it, causing people who actually need it to struggle with shortages.)
4) developed a national strategy with regards to testing and supplies, instead of making the governors duke it out, resulting in prices rising
5) enacted the DPA sooner
6) stop lying by saying that it will magically disappear--how does he really not see that the pandemic has brought the nation to its knees? A 1/4 of the world's cases, 160K dead, and no end in sight. All the gains are for naught, because he didn't do what was right.

Almost anything and everything could have been done differently.

Do you think he's handled the pandemic well?

the buck stops with anybody but your guy eh? So "sad". When he was touting bleach and light as cures (like an absolute moron), and then touting the medical genius of a "witch" doctor, he should have been advocating for more testing and contact tracing. Instead of rushing governors to open up the economy, he should have listened to the experts (now Birx is telling the world it's widespread because of initial poor handling). Rather than making the governors fight for supplies, he should have developed a national plan.

He WILL be held accountable in November. The only "sad" part is that this "stable genius" was in charge of the country at any point during the pandemic. That tragic fact has cost American lives.

Lol people like u crack me up

Politicization is inevitable when you consider the fact that it is THE major issue facing the nation, since its consequences are so far reaching, in terms of lives, economy, etc. The two candidates have wildly different approaches, and only Biden's is based on medical science.

What's clear to any one that analyzes the situation is that trump has bungled this abominably, and that has led to unnecessary suffering on the part of the American people. As a result, he should be held accountable in November.

Sorry to hear about how your family has been impacted by the pandemic as well. Hoping it all gets better for you and yours.

And Fauci has handled it well, amirite? Good grief, Biden doesn't even know his name or where he is. If it were up to him, we would have collapsed everything months ago. Dude hasn't left his closet since the beginning.

Lamumba and dementia Joe handling the H1N1 virus

Top Biden aide admits botched response to swine flu: 'Just luck' it wasn't 'mass casualty event'
'We did every possible thing wrong'

https://www.theblaze.com/news/ready...ne-flu-just-luck-it-wasnt-mass-casualty-event

160,000 murdered by the Rats and their propaganda arm 'Fake News' media arm fostered restrictions on the use of HCQ.

WoW, would anyone, (even the Rats) do something like that??? :eek:

Why not? They have already murdered over 61 MILLION with their abortions, including the post birth murders of live born babies... o_O

I won't list them all, as I'm sure you've read them, and for whatever reason choose to ignore them.
1) advocated mask wearing
2) not rushed/pressured to open the states back up
3) followed the science (at various points he has touted light, bleach, and HCQ, none of which has solid medical evidence behind it. Even promoting HCQ has negative consequences, as some easily impressionable individuals rush to try it, causing people who actually need it to struggle with shortages.)
4) developed a national strategy with regards to testing and supplies, instead of making the governors duke it out, resulting in prices rising
5) enacted the DPA sooner
6) stop lying by saying that it will magically disappear--how does he really not see that the pandemic has brought the nation to its knees? A 1/4 of the world's cases, 160K dead, and no end in sight. All the gains are for naught, because he didn't do what was right.

Almost anything and everything could have been done differently.

Do you think he's handled the pandemic well?

I think he took many of the steps that you mentioned.

I think the virus, once here, was bound to spread as it has.

I think you and people like you would have complained and blamed Trump no matter what action Trump took. Your privacy would have been invaded, minorities treated unfairly, xenophobic immigration tactics, Feds would have been overstepping their boundaries, ect, ect.

You aren't a rational person when it comes to Trump. Being irrational makes your opinions and views irrelevant.

Lol people like u crack me up

He is and always will be a victim of Trump. The same will be true about the next Republican president or candidate.

FFS, people like @UF_GATOR_FAN made Romney and McCain out to be fascist far right wingers, lol. They were the damn devil according to the left. How ridiculous is that.

Now we hear the same about Trump. How can you take people seriously when they constantly cry wolf? You don't.

Reactions: IrishPokerDog
He is and always will be a victim of Trump. The same will be true about the next Republican president or candidate.

FFS, people like @UF_GATOR_FAN made Romney and McCain out to be fascist far right wingers, lol. They were the damn devil according to the left. How ridiculous is that.

Now we hear the same about Trump. How can you take people seriously when they constantly cry wolf? You don't.
That is again, another misrepresentation perpetrated by you. Please show me any evidence where I made Romney or McCain out to be "fascist far right wingers". Admittedly, I preferred Obama to both of them, but especially with regards to McCain, I respected the man.

It is your guy who mocked McCain's military service, even though trump dodged serving his nation with a curious case of "bone spurs". Just one more thing to be proud of for your trumpers.

Problem with people who know no shame is that they don't even know when to be embarrassed.

I think he took many of the steps that you mentioned.

I think the virus, once here, was bound to spread as it has.

I think you and people like you would have complained and blamed Trump no matter what action Trump took. Your privacy would have been invaded, minorities treated unfairly, xenophobic immigration tactics, Feds would have been overstepping their boundaries, ect, ect.

You aren't a rational person when it comes to Trump. Being irrational makes your opinions and views irrelevant.
LOL
Which of the steps did he take?

1) advocated mask wearing--he STILL equivocates on that AT BEST. Do you deny it? If you think masks are a good option, you should let your pal ghost know.
2) not rushed/pressured to open the states back up-how can you dispute this? trump is still telling states they need to open back up sooner rather than later, and you're seeing the consequences of that type of incompetence in places like Florida and Texas.
3) followed the science (at various points he has touted light, bleach, and HCQ, none of which has solid medical evidence behind it. Even promoting HCQ has negative consequences, as some easily impressionable individuals rush to try it, causing people who actually need it to struggle with shortages.)--do you deny that he has touted bleach, light, and HCQ? The first two are obviously laughable, though some clowns think it makes sense. The last one is not endorsed by the vast majority of medical professionals, and there certainly is no wealth of medical evidence supporting this. Do you deny it?
4) developed a national strategy with regards to testing and supplies, instead of making the governors duke it out, resulting in prices rising--Cuomo et al. agree with me. Too little, too late from trump and his covid czar, jared.
5) enacted the DPA sooner--what's to dispute here? He should have done it sooner.
6) stop lying by saying that it will magically disappear--how does he really not see that the pandemic has brought the nation to its knees? A 1/4 of the world's cases, 160K dead, and no end in sight. All the gains are for naught, because he didn't do what was right.--what else is there to say? the moron thinks it will magically disappear. It's not an illusion, and to foster this belief is dangerous to the country.

That's the problem with you trumpettes. Truth stares you in the face, and because trump tells you to trust only him, you block out the facts. Maybe he will take you on one of his golfing trips though, lil' buddy??

MORE THAN 160,000 AMERICANS HAVE DIED ON trump's WATCH. NEVER FORGET!

That is again, another misrepresentation perpetrated by you. Please show me any evidence where I made Romney or McCain out to be "fascist far right wingers". Admittedly, I preferred Obama to both of them, but especially with regards to McCain, I respected the man.

It is your guy who mocked McCain's military service, even though trump dodged serving his nation with a curious case of "bone spurs". Just one more thing to be proud of for your trumpers.

Problem with people who know no shame is that they don't even know when to be embarrassed.

I was around and fully aware when both McCain and Romney ran. They too were "dangerous" and villainous when they ran according to the left. Both RINO's but that wasn't at all how the left characterized them.

If you say you didn't partake, fine....but you were the lone democrat that I'm aware of that didn't. All Republicans are evil according to the left when they run for POTUS.

Reactions: gatordad3
LOL
Which of the steps did he take?

1) advocated mask wearing--he STILL equivocates on that AT BEST. Do you deny it? If you think masks are a good option, you should let your pal ghost know.
2) not rushed/pressured to open the states back up-how can you dispute this? trump is still telling states they need to open back up sooner rather than later, and you're seeing the consequences of that type of incompetence in places like Florida and Texas.
3) followed the science (at various points he has touted light, bleach, and HCQ, none of which has solid medical evidence behind it. Even promoting HCQ has negative consequences, as some easily impressionable individuals rush to try it, causing people who actually need it to struggle with shortages.)--do you deny that he has touted bleach, light, and HCQ? The first two are obviously laughable, though some clowns think it makes sense. The last one is not endorsed by the vast majority of medical professionals, and there certainly is no wealth of medical evidence supporting this. Do you deny it?
4) developed a national strategy with regards to testing and supplies, instead of making the governors duke it out, resulting in prices rising--Cuomo et al. agree with me. Too little, too late from trump and his covid czar, jared.
5) enacted the DPA sooner--what's to dispute here? He should have done it sooner.
6) stop lying by saying that it will magically disappear--how does he really not see that the pandemic has brought the nation to its knees? A 1/4 of the world's cases, 160K dead, and no end in sight. All the gains are for naught, because he didn't do what was right.--what else is there to say? the moron thinks it will magically disappear. It's not an illusion, and to foster this belief is dangerous to the country.

That's the problem with you trumpettes. Truth stares you in the face, and because trump tells you to trust only him, you block out the facts. Maybe he will take you on one of his golfing trips though, lil' buddy??

MORE THAN 160,000 AMERICANS HAVE DIED ON trump's WATCH. NEVER FORGET!

You are beyond FOS. I'm sorry, but you just aren't rational enough to argue with. I accept that you "believe" what you believe.

The European Union a quasi socialist set of states with Utopian healthcare and more government nannyism than the USoA but with a similar size population has had over 183,000+ deaths compared to the USoAs 160,000.

Now when will the leftards on here and elsewhere OWN up to the fact that Trump
followed Faucis advice on issuing guidelines and pushing for a shutdown.

When will they own up the fact that Trump and the USoA has done no worse than the EU. The EU is the leftards paradise.

Sweden the leftards go to model did NOT shutdown. South Korea did not shutdown.

You know that the original name of this virus was the novel corona virus. It was new and no one knew exactly how to deal with it. It has been shown to have been here in December and was not even on our radar until late January. The genie was already out of the bottle.

Someone has to explain to me how Europe with its socialized medicine and enlightened liberal elite leaders botched their response and ended up with 183,000+ deaths. Its obvious that if Trump botched it then they did as well.

The only thing they got wrong was shutting down the world. Quarantines are for the sick not the healthy. The drip drip drip to herd immunity is an asinine policy. The elderly and vulnerable need to be protected and everyone else needs to return to normal as possible.

I support masks and the use of HCQ+zinc as a prophylaxis.

We were NEVER going to have the 10s of millions of deaths from this. NEVER.

Trump, Biden, zer0, Bush, Reagan etc ...results were/are going to be and look the same!

Gubmint aint saving you whether its USoA or the Eruo nanny state. You have to defend yourself by taking the best precautions you can.

No more lockdowns, get to work, wear a mask, sanitize often and tell your gubmints to make hcq+zinc OTC so we can end this thing.

You are beyond FOS. I'm sorry, but you just aren't rational enough to argue with. I accept that you "believe" what you believe.

Yeah, I was about to reply to his points, but phuck him - he’s irrational. If Trump had declared emergency powers and done more, he’d be called a dictator. His responses were measured and appropriate, and yet “he hasn’t done enough”.

I think that in 1967 the US lost about 0.05% of the population to flu. Our current Covid deaths are about 0.0485%.... and some people are willing to destroy our economy over it - insane

What's so surprising, I guess, is this fear notion that it could be sooooo bad that it'll make the Spanish Flu look like a light cold. At least, that's what it appears to me. We are treating this thing in such a way that it's bringing Bigfoot to life. Yet, we are still dying at much higher rates with auto accidents, cancer, diabetes, heart disease...

What's so surprising, I guess, is this fear notion that it could be sooooo bad that it'll make the Spanish Flu look like a light cold. At least, that's what it appears to me. We are treating this thing in such a way that it's bringing Bigfoot to life. Yet, we are still dying at much higher rates with auto accidents, cancer, diabetes, heart disease...

Spanish Flu killed 0.65% of the US population at that time - over 12 times that of the current Covid %

Spanish Flu killed 0.65% of the US population at that time - over 12 times that of the current Covid %
And why are we treating this boogieman virus as if it's the end of life if we don't stop it? Bob's a quarterback. He's been playing symptom free for weeks. Suddenly, they do their daily, weekly, however they're going to do it testing and he test's positive. Oh, crap. Lock him up. Quarantine the team. We could have a whole team die... fortunately, none did. This is such a farce. It's bringing Bigfoot back to life. As long as we continue this nonsense of wearing masks, washing hands constantly, now wearing face shields, social distancing... this "killer virus" will stay alive.

Imagine a life now that limits testing of the Covid virus. There are cases, many cases that can come to hospitals, but still presents with a much lower death rate than heart disease and cancer, yet the fear of it isn't spread DAILY by the news outlets. What do you suppose will happen to the world? Life. Life would go on.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT