ADVERTISEMENT

Why Tampa shouldn't draft Winston

Anyone from Alabama will tell you that not many people talk like Winston, it's guys like him that make the country think we are all idiots in our state.

Gotta give damnoleman credit...been a very long time, if ever, since I seen someone ride a jock like that.

Originally posted by djegators:
Gotta give damnoleman credit...been a very long time, if ever, since I seen someone ride a jock like that.
Don't have to ride anyone jock. See, I don't equate someone's smarts or intelligence to the way they speak. And like I said earlier, many of your own players speak the same way Winston does. I'm sure they appreciate their own fan base can hear them speak broken English and assume they are dumb or not intelligent.

Listen to a few minutes of this combine interview and tell me how it is that he sounds dumb and unintelligent. I'm not saying he's some eloquent public speaker but Its really nothing wrong with how he's speaking.

Jameis speaks at combine

Dude danole you don't even know where Huntsville is in relation to Birmingham.

Shut your ignorant mouth. You're talking to people that KNOW.

Does it never get old for you?

My God. He said few. Go ahead and Google how long it takes to get from Huntsville, Fort Payne, Auburn, Tuscaloosa, Montgomery, to Birmingham.

You don't know, so stop. Or do you not like research?

Everyone from the panhandle are lazy, ignorant rednecks and classless beach bums.

Right?

See? See how that works? I've never lived there, but I'll make generalizations just like you.

And I'm drunk. How do you not get this? You know nothing about this. You went "oh, Winston is from Alabama, that explains his accent." Yet once we bring up counter arguments you throw out your nonsense arguments.

Ridiculous. You should be ashamed of yourself. You're so intellectually dishonest it's embarrassing.

He doesn't even attempt to use proper english, America is SO FAR gone that it's just accepted to speak in ebonics now.. While you are trying to sell yourself as the #1 pick in the draft and you are using sentences like " I mean when I be in that huddle, that's how I be"... This is the first time I've seen someone pretending to act like what he says isn't ridiculous though.

Originally posted by 46885:
He doesn't even attempt to use proper english, America is SO FAR gone that it's just accepted to speak in ebonics now.. While you are trying to sell yourself as the #1 pick in the draft and you are using sentences like " I mean when I be in that huddle, that's how I be"... This is the first time I've seen someone pretending to act like what he says isn't ridiculous though.
When did he say that?? I would like to see the context. You have a link to the video??

Originally posted by danoleman:

When did he say that?? I would like to see the context. You have a link to the video??
I paraphrased a bit but what he said might have actually been worse now that I think about it.. It was when he was sitting with Marcus on the panel on NFL Network after the combine

You just went political.

I don't get the argument that "your players talk that way, so you're really bad mouthing your players when you talk about Winston." Guess what? They sound just as stupid. Now does the way Winston talks means he's stupid? Of course not, but to deny that the man has a terrible grasp of the english language is just reaching. He literally makes up words when he speaks. There are plenty of examples. What's really ignorant is insinuating all black players speak that way. IIRC that was 9399's go to move. "All of UF's players speak that way!" Because all black people speak like Winston apparently
rolleyes.r191677.gif

Originally posted by oozie7:
I don't get the argument that "your players talk that way, so you're really bad mouthing your players when you talk about Winston." Guess what? They sound just as stupid. Now does the way Winston talks means he's stupid? Of course not, but to deny that the man has a terrible grasp of the english language is just reaching. He literally makes up words when he speaks. There are plenty of examples. What's really ignorant is insinuating all black players speak that way. IIRC that was 9399's go to move. "All of UF's players speak that way!" Because all black people speak like Winston apparently
rolleyes.r191677.gif
Never understood why it has to be about color? Myron Rolle speaks eloquently. Jameis Winston speaks like buffoon. Funny thing is both are intelligent, just in different areas.

Even The White Folk Struggle

I paraphrased a bit but what he said might have actually been worse now that I think about it.. It was when he was sitting with Marcus on the panel on NFL Network after the combine
Ok

damnoleman gotta be trolling us....
Not at all, I'm just not into assuming a guy is dumb and unintelligent because of the way he speaks. Some folks like to sit behind their keyboard and say stuff like that. I call those folks cowards.

This post was edited on 2/24 8:25 AM by danoleman

Not at all, I'm just not into assuming a guy is dumb and unintelligent because of the way he speaks. Some folks like to sit behind their keyboard and say stuff like that. I call those folks cowards.

I agree, I don't make assumptions based solely on the way one speaks...it is also based on their actions, and he often acts like a dumbass....so combine the two, easy to make a judgement. Just like it is very easy to label you as a jamie-pologist jock sniffer.

Originally posted by alaskanseminole:

rolleyes.r191677.gif
Never understood why it has to be about color? Myron Rolle speaks eloquently. Jameis Winston speaks like buffoon. Funny thing is both are intelligent, just in different areas.
Where does one find this?

Shime, I will consider buying your seats if you want to unload them after the draft? I don't live in Florida anymore so it might be a stretch but consider it a soft offer at least.

Danny, I never pictured you a speech pathologist. Your choice of liquor is turble though. That's how Barkley would say it. You should help him too considering he is from right down the road.

Did anyone consider this in regards to crab legs? Honest thought here. Publix employees have been giving free food to D1 football players in Florida for decades. Jameis comes strolling in for his probably once a week crab leg and crawfish hook-up and a pissed off employee blows the whistle. Jameis comes up with the ole "I forgot to pay" or as Danny hears "I be dun forgot to dun buy" and promptly falls on the sword so not to throw all the other free eaters on the team under the bus. Possible?

Happy off-season to everyone.
This post was edited on 2/24 8:53 AM by METSWIN

Originally posted by METSWIN:

Shime, I will consider buying your seats if you want to unload them after the draft? I don't live in Florida anymore so it might be a stretch but consider it a soft offer at least.

Danny, I never pictured you a speech pathologist. Your choice of liquor is turble though. That's how Barkley would say it. You should help him too considering he is from right down the road.

Did anyone consider this in regards to crab legs? Honest thought here. Publix employees have been giving free food to D1 football players in Florida for decades. Jameis comes strolling in for his probably once a week crab leg and crawfish hook-up and a pissed off employee blows the whistle. Jameis comes up with the ole "I forgot to pay" or as Danny hears "I be dun forgot to dun buy" and promptly falls on the sword so not to throw all the other free eaters on the team under the bus. Possible?

Happy off-season to everyone.
This post was edited on 2/24 8:53 AM by METSWIN
but that IS literally how he says it

I agree, I don't make assumptions based solely on the way one speaks...it is also based on their actions, and he often acts like a dumbass....so combine the two, easy to make a judgement. Just like it is very easy to label you as a jamie-pologist jock sniffer.
And it's very easy to label you a child or very child like.

rolleyes.r191677.gif
That's exactly my point. I've seen articles claiming that the way people attack Winston's speaking ability is based on color. Or that people assuming he's unintelligent because of the way he speaks has racial undertones. It's really retarded. He may or may not be intelligent, I don't know or care. But he sounds dumb, that's inarguable. People are making way more of it than it is in an attempt to defend him against some perceived slight. The man butchers the english language regularly. Emmitt Smith does too.

Yeah, that's why the surveillance video shows jamie intentionally avoiding security.
leia-what.gif

As a member of the RRT, I cannot allow this blatant fabrication of misinformation go unchallenged!

First we'll lead off with the facts:

On April 29th, 2014, Jameis Winston received an Adult Civil Citation for shoplifting roughly $32 worth of seafood from a local Publix. This event came after the Seminoles football team won the National Championship, Winston had won the prestigious Heisman Trophy and in the middle of baseball season for the Seminoles.

Winston entered the Publix store on N. Ocala Rd just before 9pm EST and picked up an order of crawfish and crab legs. According to Leon County Sheriffs Office (LCSO) reports, he came to Publix to place the order, left and returned to pick them up then left the store without paying for them. LCSO made contact with Winston later that night around midnight to handle the issue and issue.

The big question? Was it a mistake or did he purposely steal them?

By all indications and by Winston's own admission to the LCSO, it was a mistake. He acknowledged to leaving Publix without paying for the items, said he forgot and realized it after he returned home, then made no effort to return to the store and pay for the items before LCSO deputies arrived somewhere around midnight the same night.

The next "big question?" Should we believe him? Noles say yes, rest of planet earth says (in concert), "HELL NO!"

Well, in the video (linked at the bottom), you can see an officer come out from behind the Customer Service Counter and leave out the same door just before Winston leaves. This was an entrance door with no checkout lanes in front of it and right next to the entrance to the administrative offices with managers and others frequently passing by in this corner of the store so you can be easily spotted shoplifting. It is also right in front of the makeup aisle. As everyone who's ever worked at Publix knows (yes, igloo worked at Publix) this is the aisle they monitor the most since makeup items are stolen the most and cause the most revenue losses given their small size and high prices.

On the opposite side of the Customer Service Counter is a set of exit doors 2-3 times wider than the entrance area because it is where all the lines and registers are. Beyond the exit doors is another set of doors between the bakery and deli with a single checkout area over there.

Why is this significant, my Gator pals ask? Well, if you are stealing something, it makes no sense to use the same door, where employees frequent the most, a police officer is using and walk out about a six feet behind him with your stolen items being held right up in the open and drawing more attention to yourself doing it at the only door in the store meant solely for entering the store. You have two other exit options where the officer was not within proximity and would fit into a crowd better and draw less attention to yourself by walking out with others leaving after paying for their items.

You can see in the video, Winston comes all the way down the first aisle where the makeup is across from the Pharmacy and never changes his pace. He walks all the way from the back of the store where you can see the dairy products, all the way out the front without changing his pace while not being able to see, much less plan, on following the officer out the door.

Okay, now that I have your full attention...how on earth did Winston the Nole-claimed, genius, Gator-assumed, buffoon get confused? I'm glad you asked. Other grocery stores often have a different procedure in place for ordering items from a deli, seafood or other department and you can often pay for your items there, if not required to in some cases.

If you are used to the process another store uses, it can understandably be easy to make a mistake and walk out without the feeling you are stealing the item and just go with your usual routine.

Less than two miles away and around the corner from this Publix location is a Winn-Dixie store location. This store has such a process and had been frequented by Winston prior to this incident.

/RRT Out.

CrabGate Surveillance Video

And it's very easy to label you a child or very child like.
Why? You are the one on a rivals board defending your guy relentlessly...if I were attacking you on YOUR board, then you might have a case...but insisting on a rivals home forum, that rival fans embrace your personal hero the same way you do is very childish. Step out of your little brother jock sniffing nole echo chamber and you might see some actual truth about your man crush jamie.

That's exactly my point. I've seen articles claiming that the way people attack Winston's speaking ability is based on color. Or that people assuming he's unintelligent because of the way he speaks has racial undertones. It's really retarded. He may or may not be intelligent, I don't know or care. But he sounds dumb, that's inarguable. People are making way more of it than it is in an attempt to defend him against some perceived slight. The man butchers the english language regularly. Emmitt Smith does too.
Fortunately, FSU didn't pay Winston to talk...they paid him to sling the pigskin.

Wait, WHAT!?
embarassed.r191677.gif

JFC...do we really have to endure this crap here? Now he didn't even really steal crab legs...

"I'd like to gradulate da Flawda Gators for winning the national chammionship." - Emmitt Smith

Fortunately, FSU didn't pay Winston to talk...they paid him to sling the pigskin.

Wait, WHAT!?
embarassed.r191677.gif
148i2rc.jpg

"I'd like to gradulate da Flawda Gators for winning the national chammionship." - Emmitt Smith
I met Emmitt a few times in '89...and yeah he talks real country, no doubt. I was amazed at the transformation he did make to be on TV...but then again I never claimed he was the smartest guy in the world either...

Yeah, that's why the surveillance video shows jamie intentionally avoiding security.

On April 29th, 2014, Jameis Winston received an Adult Civil Citation for shoplifting roughly $32 worth of seafood from a local Publix. This event came after the Seminoles football team won the National Championship, Winston had won the prestigious Heisman Trophy and in the middle of baseball season for the Seminoles.

Winston entered the Publix store on N. Ocala Rd just before 9pm EST and picked up an order of crawfish and crab legs. According to Leon County Sheriffs Office (LCSO) reports, he came to Publix to place the order, left and returned to pick them up then left the store without paying for them. LCSO made contact with Winston later that night around midnight to handle the issue and issue.

By all indications and by Winston's own admission to the LCSO, it was a mistake. He acknowledged to leaving Publix without paying for the items, said he forgot and realized it after he returned home, then made no effort to return to the store and pay for the items before LCSO deputies arrived somewhere around midnight the same night.

The next "big question?" Should we believe him? Noles say yes, rest of planet earth says (in concert), "HELL NO!"

Well, in the video (linked at the bottom), you can see an officer come out from behind the Customer Service Counter and leave out the same door just before Winston leaves. This was an entrance door with no checkout lanes in front of it and right next to the entrance to the administrative offices with managers and others frequently passing by in this corner of the store so you can be easily spotted shoplifting. It is also right in front of the makeup aisle. As everyone who's ever worked at Publix knows (yes, igloo worked at Publix) this is the aisle they monitor the most since makeup items are stolen the most and cause the most revenue losses given their small size and high prices.

On the opposite side of the Customer Service Counter is a set of exit doors 2-3 times wider than the entrance area because it is where all the lines and registers are. Beyond the exit doors is another set of doors between the bakery and deli with a single checkout area over there.

Why is this significant, my Gator pals ask? Well, if you are stealing something, it makes no sense to use the same door, where employees frequent the most, a police officer is using and walk out about a six feet behind him with your stolen items being held right up in the open and drawing more attention to yourself doing it at the only door in the store meant solely for entering the store. You have two other exit options where the officer was not within proximity and would fit into a crowd better and draw less attention to yourself by walking out with others leaving after paying for their items.

You can see in the video, Winston comes all the way down the first aisle where the makeup is across from the Pharmacy and never changes his pace. He walks all the way from the back of the store where you can see the dairy products, all the way out the front without changing his pace while not being able to see, much less plan, on following the officer out the door.

Okay, now that I have your full attention...how on earth did Winston the Nole-claimed, genius, Gator-assumed, buffoon get confused? I'm glad you asked. Other grocery stores often have a different procedure in place for ordering items from a deli, seafood or other department and you can often pay for your items there, if not required to in some cases.

If you are used to the process another store uses, it can understandably be easy to make a mistake and walk out without the feeling you are stealing the item and just go with your usual routine.

Less than two miles away and around the corner from this Publix location is a Winn-Dixie store location. This store has such a process and had been frequented by Winston prior to this incident.

/RRT Out.
So, he forgot to pay for the items and then suddenly remembered that when the cops showed up? That means he is either stupid or a lying thief. I guess he was also too dumb to realize you can't take free soda, or maybe he forgot to pay for that too. You can argue his football talents and intellect all day, but the FACT is he has stolen twice, and those are just the times he got caught. Lord knows what else he has done.

Originally posted by Leesgator:

/RRT Out.
So, he forgot to pay for the items and then suddenly remembered that when the cops showed up? That means he is either stupid or a lying thief. I guess he was also too dumb to realize you can't take free soda, or maybe he forgot to pay for that too. You can argue his football talents and intellect all day, but the FACT is he has stolen twice, and those are just the times he got caught. Lord knows what else he has done.

"
The deputy, who wrote the report based on viewing the Publix surveillance video, then said Winston then came back in the store, collected his seafood and went to the dairy aisle and picked up a package of butter.

As he was leaving the store, Winston appeared to pause in front of a Leon County deputy who was working in-store security detail at the time. The pause, the incident report said, appeared to be an attempt to avoid walking in front of the deputy. He said Winston then walked behind the deputy, past all registers and out of the store."

I'm just yanking your chain, dj. Personally, I think Winston was getting the "Publix hook-up." Heck, we did it for friends ALL THE TIME when we worked there; especially with donuts and fried chicken.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT