ADVERTISEMENT

Why Tampa shouldn't draft Winston

gatorshime

Gator Great
Jan 30, 2002
I'm a 16 year Buc season tic holder and I don't think they should draft Winston. Let's start with the obvious. He's been well trained for the combine saying all the right things. It's all bullshit but, again his team has him prepared. I just think he's a big contract away from another dumb ass stunt. I hate how they say you can't hold the rape against him as he wasn't charged. Well if TPD did their job would he have been? Next they say he's answered all the questions on his screw ups. No his well paid ( by who? ) legal team did the speaking on most. Has Winston ever talked to the police? But, here is the thing Tampa has to consider. If we know about the alleged rape, Shoplifting, BB gun fight which caused $4000 in damage but. Charges were never filed, the Burger King incident and his campus incident how many things has he gotten away with? Do you risk the future of your team by picking him? Next, look at last year and the 18 interceptions. Against us it was ugly. Louisville ugly. In the NFL you don't get the same time he had at FSU. Your athletes are not so much faster or stronger. Now every time he screwed up there was usually a scream match with Jimbo. Can you imagine how he will be if he goes 4-12 or 6-10? Imagine if he yelled at Lovie Smith? Or how about a Mile Tomlin? Or he got in Vincent Jackson's face? He is very immature. He ran just under a 5.0 40 today which they say would be the slowest 40 time of a 1st rd drafted quarterback since 2010. Marriota was just above a 4.5. They both threw the ball well. I think.that Marcus is a bigger Russell Wilson. Speed, intelligent and doesn't make a lot of mistakes. I see Jameis being a good QB but, not great.

So, this Bucs fan wants them to draft MM OVER JW.

I think both will be good qbs. The Bucs will draft Winston because they feel he is more NFL ready. They could care less about crab legs and cursing. The guy can ball. You can keep rehashing this about the false rape allegations but that over and done with. She lied and no one believes her multiple stories. If you don't want the Bucs to draft Winston don't cheer when he helps turn the franchise around. Cheer for whatever team drafts Mariota.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by danoleman:
I think both will be good qbs. The Bucs will draft Winston because they feel he is more NFL ready. They could care less about crab legs and cursing. The guy can ball. You can keep rehashing this about the false rape allegations but that over and done with. She lied and no one believes her multiple stories. If you don't want the Bucs to draft Winston don't cheer when he helps turn the franchise around. Cheer for whatever team drafts Mariota.

You do realize that only noles have called her allegations false. As to the Bucs, jw gives them the best chance to win now. He is a big risk with his factually documented stealing, lying, and childish behavior, but his upside is huge. He can multiple read and can make all the nfl throws.

Here's the thing Lee. If she was raped she blew her own case by telling multiple lies about how she ended up at Winston's apt. If she's lying about that, how can you believe her version about what happened once she got there?? She has no one to blame but herself for that. All she had to say was she left with intentions to have sex and she changed her mind. That is much more believable that the hit on the head, drugged, kidnapped foolishness she came up with. " I had to get in the cab because I was afraid of the consequences if I didnt". That is ridiculous because it was closing at the club and it's dozens of people outside including cops.

This post was edited on 2/21 4:01 PM by danoleman

Originally posted by Leesgator:
You do realize that only noles have called her allegations false.
Actually, that's not a true.

Stuart Taylor, a journalist who graduated from Princeton University and Harvard Law School and is a regular columnist for The National Journal, doesn't buy her story AND thinks the NYT has been on a smear campaign. He is the co-author of Until Proven Innocent: Political Correctness and the Shameful Injustice of the Duke Lacrosse Case.

Most of us agree that Jameis often acted like an a$$hat, but we also feel that his assinicity was used as fuel by the media to support false rape allegations. Stealing crabs and yelling down a stairwell doesn't make one a rapist (monster), it makes them a foolish, immature kid.

Read the article.

This post was edited on 2/21 4:15 PM by alaskanseminole

Is New York Times Smearing Jameis Winston?

I think he may have done it but after listening to and reading the evidence they collected right after it happened I don't think any SA would have went forward with the case even if presented right away. I also don't think she will win a civil suit against him after seeing the evidence they had. It still looks bad however combined with all his other stuff. I am curious to see what Tampa does here.

"I think he may have done it"

And that right there is the reason Winston is hated. How come she doesn't get called out for all of the lies she has told?? Even with all of her versions, people still just assume Winston raped her. It's just unreal.

"I think he may have done it"

And that right there is the reason Winston is hated. How come she doesn't get called out for all of the lies she has told?? Even with all of her versions, people still just assume Winston raped her. It's just unreal.

Looking at everything it was definitely a case of where he could have done it without her consent. Without more proof we will never know for sure.

I understand your point Gator Fever but do you believe her version of how she ended up at his place?? First she's says she took a shot and woke up being raped. Then she said she remembered being in the cab but was blacking out. And she has told multiple versions of stories similar to that. Then for the code hearing, for the first time she says Jameis gave her the shot and she got in the cab because she was afraid what would happen if she didn't. Now this is closing time with tons of people outside including bar security and police. Do you believe she was truthful on how she got there??

The rape thing was a he-said-she-said but Winston went on to repeatedly prove his lack of character. His behavior did nothing to convince people he wouldn't have done such a thing.

Gator Theo, yes Winston has done some stupid things but by no means should it make someone assume he is a rapist. Petty theft and yelling out an Internet meme that many folks have done in public(look at YouTube for proof) is beyond stupid but is far from being a rapist. Rape is such a vicious and cruel crime and to compare that to stealing crab and cursing is unfair. I know it won't change anyone mind but you really can't compare. If Jameis had done something violent like beating a girl or drugs or something like that, I would never support him. The stuff he did is minimal. Rape is a whole different deal.

I understand your point Gator Fever but do you believe her version of how she ended up at his place?? First she's says she took a shot and woke up being raped. Then she said she remembered being in the cab but was blacking out. And she has told multiple versions of stories similar to that. Then for the code hearing, for the first time she says Jameis gave her the shot and she got in the cab because she was afraid what would happen if she didn't. Now this is closing time with tons of people outside including bar security and police. Do you believe she was truthful on how she got there??
When I looked at the evidence they had on audio and the reports after the incident took place I didnt really even focus on her versions of events because victims get that stuff messed up all the time. With what her friend said to the cops and how the DNA came back and the only place cops wrote down she had bruises at I said I see why Meggs didnt go forward with this. I also think it would make a civil jury not award her anything either if she sues Winston because its a weak he said she said and they could bring up things about her habits in addition to his past.

Originally posted by alaskanseminole:

Originally posted by Leesgator:
You do realize that only noles have called her allegations false.
Actually, that's not a true.

Stuart Taylor, a journalist who graduated from Princeton University and Harvard Law School and is a regular columnist for The National Journal, doesn't buy her story AND thinks the NYT has been on a smear campaign. He is the co-author of Until Proven Innocent: Political Correctness and the Shameful Injustice of the Duke Lacrosse Case.

Most of us agree that Jameis often acted like an a$$hat, but we also feel that his assinicity was used as fuel by the media to support false rape allegations. Stealing crabs and yelling down a stairwell doesn't make one a rapist (monster), it makes them a foolish, immature kid.

Read the article.

This post was edited on 2/21 4:15 PM by alaskanseminole
Just read it, did not see where the author says the accuser was lying and it was a false allegation. The only people I have seen outright call the accuser a liar are noles.

Gator Theo, yes Winston has done some stupid things but by no means should it make someone assume he is a rapist. Petty theft and yelling out an Internet meme that many folks have done in public(look at YouTube for proof) is beyond stupid but is far from being a rapist. Rape is such a vicious and cruel crime and to compare that to stealing crab and cursing is unfair. I know it won't change anyone mind but you really can't compare. If Jameis had done something violent like beating a girl or drugs or something like that, I would never support him. The stuff he did is minimal. Rape is a whole different deal.

Well here in lies the problem. You see stealing some crab legs and soda (who knows how many times he stole without getting caught), lying, property damage and acting generally like a criminal is no biggie. I see it as a pattern of poor behavior. Certainly even you can understand why most people would think he could have raped that young lady.
But back to the original post, I believe jw is the best QB in the draft hands down. I think the Bucs can win with him now. They need to determine how bad of a person is he and will he mature.
This post was edited on 2/21 6:31 PM by Leesgator

Lee, I was talking about minimal in the criminal justice system. Which it is. How do you know Winston damaged property?? Our team have been doing that stupid bb gun crap since the 80's. Why is Winston now the face of it??

Originally posted by gatorshime:
I'm a 16 year Buc season tic holder and I don't think they should draft Winston. Let's start with the obvious. He's been well trained for the combine saying all the right things. It's all bullshit but, again his team has him prepared. I just think he's a big contract away from another dumb ass stunt. I hate how they say you can't hold the rape against him as he wasn't charged. Well if TPD did their job would he have been? Next they say he's answered all the questions on his screw ups. No his well paid ( by who? ) legal team did the speaking on most. Has Winston ever talked to the police? But, here is the thing Tampa has to consider. If we know about the alleged rape, Shoplifting, BB gun fight which caused $4000 in damage but. Charges were never filed, the Burger King incident and his campus incident how many things has he gotten away with? Do you risk the future of your team by picking him? Next, look at last year and the 18 interceptions. Against us it was ugly. Louisville ugly. In the NFL you don't get the same time he had at FSU. Your athletes are not so much faster or stronger. Now every time he screwed up there was usually a scream match with Jimbo. Can you imagine how he will be if he goes 4-12 or 6-10? Imagine if he yelled at Lovie Smith? Or how about a Mile Tomlin? Or he got in Vincent Jackson's face? He is very immature. He ran just under a 5.0 40 today which they say would be the slowest 40 time of a 1st rd drafted quarterback since 2010. Marriota was just above a 4.5. They both threw the ball well. I think.that Marcus is a bigger Russell Wilson. Speed, intelligent and doesn't make a lot of mistakes. I see Jameis being a good QB but, not great.

So, this Bucs fan wants them to draft MM OVER JW.
Unless Tampa corrects the OLine issues it does not matter who they get at QB!!! The OLine lost the Bucs a lot of games in the past few years.

So no one thinks it would be best to trade the pick, get more players, and take a Bryce Petty type in the 2nd or 3rd?

Originally posted by Dannygator1989:
So no one thinks it would be best to trade the pick, get more players, and take a Bryce Petty type in the 2nd or 3rd?
Not a bad thought. I think the Jags should trade down too. Both those teams need help in multiple areas.

I wouldn't chance the number 1 pick on Winston. I don't know if he's a bad/good guy - that stuff is a bit overblown. I wouldn't risk a #1 pick on him because he's a goofball. He's not a serious person.

If you take a QB #1 in the draft you are looking for a Manning type guy. Someone who's every action on and off the field is dedicated to making himself the best guy in the NFL. Winston is not that guy. He has the tools and will probably be successful to an extent but I'd either trade for picks or take another QB.

With Tampa, lol probably anyone with Winston's talent will make them a better team so it's necessarily a bad move but I'd rather add a guy with a lot of talent that has a chance to be the next Manning, not the next Leaf.

Its irrelevant, and every one but lil bro nole nation can see it, The reverse is actually the case, that its overwhelmingly the nole/Bucs fans that want Winston the rest of the world looks at it with a hell of a lot less bias.

I think both will be good qbs. The Bucs will draft Winston because they feel he is more NFL ready. They could care less about crab legs and cursing. The guy can ball. You can keep rehashing this about the false rape allegations but that over and done with. She lied and no one believes her multiple stories. If you don't want the Bucs to draft Winston don't cheer when he helps turn the franchise around[/B]. Cheer for whatever team drafts Mariota.
Can we also cheer if he falls flat on his face and effs up ???

Originally posted by djegators:
Its irrelevant, and every one but lil bro nole nation can see it, The reverse is actually the case, that its overwhelmingly the nole/Bucs fans that want Winston the rest of the world looks at it with a hell of a lot less bias.
Are you a Bucs fan?

Originally posted by G8RMark:

I think both will be good qbs. The Bucs will draft Winston because they feel he is more NFL ready. They could care less about crab legs and cursing. The guy can ball. You can keep rehashing this about the false rape allegations but that over and done with. She lied and no one believes her multiple stories. If you don't want the Bucs to draft Winston don't cheer when he helps turn the franchise around[/B]. Cheer for whatever team drafts Mariota.

Can we also cheer if he falls flat on his face and effs up ???
You can do whatever you want, but I'd say you aren't much of a Bucs fan if you wanted him to fail, or were happy if he did so (assuming, of course, that the Bucs pick him).

Originally posted by Nolez29:

Originally posted by djegators:
Are you a Bucs fan?

The facination with Jameis seems to outweigh that even if he is?

Originally posted by G8RMark:

Can we also cheer if he falls flat on his face and effs up ???You sure can. If someone else failures brings joy to you then have at it.

Originally posted by Dannygator1989:
That's what I would do. I'd take Mariota if I intended to run a wide open offense ASAP, otherwise you're wasting time trying to develop him to play right now in a system he's not familiar with. But if you're not going to run that type of system then move back few spots, pick up an extra pick, and build a more complete team. Literally every player after Winston and Mariota are guaranteed to be good. Williams, Cooper, Fowler, etc. are practically all can't miss.

All that said, I think the Bucs will take him. And considering their chit attendance, it might make sense for them to do it. If nothing else, many FSU fans will follow him to the Bucs.

I would probably trade down due to the risk but I think the only team that should risk Mariota with a 1st round pick is Philly. Those type of QBs don't have a good track record at all.

FSU fans think because she lied about some things automatically means she didn't get raped is just ignorant.

Maybe she did some stupid things up until it happened and was imbaresed about those things.

Indont know what happened that night but weather or not she lied or didn't remember all that happened that night just means she lost her chance for a trial.
It means the cops didn't take her seriously and didn't pursue the facts.

Originally posted by regator:
FSU fans think because she lied about some things automatically means she didn't get raped is just ignorant.

Maybe she did some stupid things up until it happened and was imbaresed about those things.

Indont know what happened that night but weather or not she lied or didn't remember all that happened that night just means she lost her chance for a trial.
It means the cops didn't take her seriously and didn't pursue the facts.
So you have no problem ruining a young mans life and career when you have an accuser that "lied about some things" but maybe she's telling the truth about other things?? The point I was making was if she lied about how she got to Winston's place, why should anyone assume she's telling the truth about the rest?? Like I said earlier, she blew her own case.

You didn't read my post.
I said because she lied she blew her chance in court.
And because of them maybe that is why the cops chose not to persue.
I also don't think because she lied means he's sign innocent or not.
We don't have enough evidence to tell one way or the other.

Winston lied about that night and weather or not he knew her.
He lied about stealing crabs. He lied about the things he said on campus. He lied about the BB gun thing.
So therefor I don't beleive what he said about the rape either.
We will never know what' really happened that night.
This post was edited on 2/22 4:43 PM by regator

Winston didn't lie about that night or about knowing her. Not sure where you got that from. He got busted stealing crab legs. It's obvious he did that. He didn't lie about the bb guns, not sure where you got that either. But none of that matters when you have an accuser who lied about something that could get someone locked up for life.

Winston didn't lie about that night or about knowing her. Not sure where you got that from. He got busted stealing crab legs. It's obvious he did that. He didn't lie about the bb guns, not sure where you got that either. But none of that matters when you have an accuser who lied about something that could get someone locked up for life.
What's funny is the media are the ones who lied about the Student Union incident. He shouted the meme down a stairwell to some friends and that somehow equated to jumping up on a table outside the Student Union making a spectacle of himself. iirc we have Pat Forde to thank for that great piece of investigative work.

Look at all these tables!

fsu-student-union.png

general-union-banner.jpg

fsu-student-union1.png

I believe 100% had he never been accused of rape we would have never heard of a single incident minus crabgate.

so these people are getting away with outright lying multiple times in front of the entire country? How are they getting away with it?

No he got suspended because he lied about the things he said and where he said them.
He said he forgot to pay for the crabs.

Look if you think he would be a credible witness looking at his track record then you are just seeing him thru ketchup and mustard glasses.

No he got suspended because he lied about the things he said and where he said them.

Look if you think he would be a credible witness looking at his track record then you are just seeing him thru ketchup and mustard glasses.
People who tell lies.

Look man, it's as simple as this. If you accuse someone of rape, you better tell the 100% truth about the events surrounding it. You can blatenly lie, tell multiple versions of what happened and just flat out refuse to answer the state attorney questions. She also deleted texts from her phone that night and even contradicted her own friend about a text from Winston saying meet me outside. She deleted all of it from her phone. Why?? Because she didn't want them to know she went willingly to have sex. And the story about being drugged is just flat out silly. Winston should not have been charged and he wasn't. People just can't seem to understand they got pulled into a story of campus rape by a popular athlete nd the accuser was full of crap. People just refuse to admit they were duped.

You want to know what I think happened (of course you don't).

I think the girl went home with a guy she just met and had sex with him...during the encounter said guy's roommate (Casher) burst in the room to join in and she said no (and in fact got up and shut the door). Since the roommate couldn't join in, he decided to make a further arse of himself and tried filming it.

Afterwards, the girl got to thinking about the encounter and the video and got both embarrassed and scared that her friends and family would find out (maybe even see the video...also remember that her Attorney slipped up saying she didn't date "black boys"...um...oops--see Jamal Reynolds), so she concocted a story to her friend Jenna that she was drunk and hit over the head at a party to try to get ahead of it. She told this same story to Bri Henry in her home town.

Being the good friends these people are, they contacted the police...once the proverbial cat got let out of the bag, there was no turning back. She was stuck in this mess. Sadly, it's often hard to keep your story straight when it's made up.

Once the story broke to the media that fan favorite and Heisman hopeful Jameis Winston was the accused, the media went on the offensive and turned over every single rock they could find to vilify him and find him guilty in the court of public opinion.

Where Jameis went wrong was not laying low and adding fuel to the fire with his childish antics.

It is what it is.

Never fear, though, he will lead your Bucs to the promised land.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT