ADVERTISEMENT

Ugh, the SEC is hard enough....

That's just ridiculous and I won't even bother to address it. The B1G is national, SEC is regional. End of story.

The B1G will eventually go to 20 teams with the final 2 being ND and ASU and the massive Phoenix market. which will give the B1G around 55 to 57 percent of all college eyeballs. They're already paying out $20 to 30 million more per team than what the REGIONAL SEC is paying out. Have fun looking up at your Big Brother Big Ten
Actually, last year the Big 10 paid 8.9M more per school than the SEC did. Which is certainly more, but nowhere near the scale of your hyperbole. Also, the single biggest college football TV market in America is Texas which is about to be part of the SEC, so expect a new TV deal to be struck which easily eclipses the Big [random number generator]'s most recent contract. Frankly, while the SEC has made some strategic moves in gaining markets while maintaining the traditions of the league, the Big ??'s mad scramble to try to keep up looks poorly thought out and shoddily organized. Think about it like this. The new Big XXX/Pac-XXX hybrid model is going to be the same schools that combined to pay out 58.8M and 37M to their respective member schools. So what's going to happen when you add the higher earners and the lower earners together? Well, ND is a fancy school, certainly they taught you how to calculate averages, yes?

When the dust settles, the SEC is going to be the highest paying conference, because it's the one in all the areas that actually care about college football and has the people that actually watch college football. But payouts, you know, don't actually matter. The SEC will continue to win all the titles because it's always been the SEC against the rest, so what do we care if the rest are in 3 different conferences or one big one? Bring it on, bro.

It’s pretty much an acceptable answer to almost every one of life’s questions.

“I’d like to consider hiring this employee, but they went to Florida State…”

“Man, that chick is hot, but I don’t want any long-term diseases and she’s wearing a cowboy hat and has a nole tattoo on her ankle…”

“I’d really like to go to college, but I also value my self-worth…”

“That nice used car salesman really wants me to buy that maroon car with the gold trim….”

“I’m actually thinking about tipping the McDonald’s drive-thru crew…”

“Our conference will gain value if we add Oregon State, but we need to add one more team….”
True, very true.

It’s amusing how FSU is trying to whine and bully it’s way out of the acc with literally zero leverage…

It would be funny as hell if the SEC and B1G eventually told them to go piss up a rope…
It's all about the money these days. FSU had their shot in the 90's if they wanted the SEC and truthfully, based on the map it makes a lot of sense for Clemson and FSU to be in the SEC. Back in the '90s. Bobby didn't want nothing to do with that. They did have great teams and they had an easy road through the ACC, just enough had games to be at the top. These days he money is too big to turn away from when it comes to the SEC. We've have the best conference over the last 30+ years.

“My wife wants to name our newborn son ‘Thad,’ and I’m not sure whether I’m cool with it…”

“If it’s really just a ‘guy’s trip to watch some ACC football,’ why is he packing a feathered thong and lubricant?”

“My kid is displaying some incredible trapeze skills, and I wonder whether I should encourage him/her to continue with this activity…”

“Honey, if you are driving by the craft store today, can you pick me up some more red and yellow sparkle sequins?”

“My wife wants to name our newborn son ‘Thad,’ and I’m not sure whether I’m cool with it…”

“If it’s really just a ‘guy’s trip to watch some ACC football,’ why is he packing a feathered thong and lubricant?”

“My kid is displaying some incredible trapeze skills, and I wonder whether I should encourage him/her to continue with this activity…”

“Honey, if you are driving by the craft store today, can you pick me up some more red and yellow sparkle sequins?”
Mrs. Sad: If only I’d gone to FSU I could have found a guy I actually like having sex with…🥳

It's all about the money these days. FSU had their shot in the 90's if they wanted the SEC and truthfully, based on the map it makes a lot of sense for Clemson and FSU to be in the SEC. Back in the '90s. Bobby didn't want nothing to do with that. They did have great teams and they had an easy road through the ACC, just enough had games to be at the top. These days he money is too big to turn away from when it comes to the SEC. We've have the best conference over the last 30+ years.
when did our path to the top not have to go through the Gators during those years?
And you guys were not exactly chopped liver then either.
Bobby wasn’t truly the final arbiter of conference choice. The faculty wanted ACC.
Most alumni wanted SEC.
Times change and so do realities on the ground. Who could have predicted NIL, transfer portals, and 6-5 teams in a bowl game?

“Wow dear, you’re getting kind of flabby, do you think it’s time to try some Spanks?…”

“Get the fvck out of here dude, there’s absolutely nothing wrong with drinking a Richard Simmons brand protein shake…”

“My girlfriend has been reading Candi Fisher’s Twitter feed prior to her girl’s trip to Jamaica.”

Just because it's Sad talking about Thad.

Note: If you haven't watched Blue Mountain State, you're missing out. Football, alcohol and scantily clad coeds.

Reactions: sadgator
Mrs. Sad: If only I’d gone to FSU I could have found a guy I actually like having sex with…🥳
mc-mahon-hey.gif

I mean....we all laugh because sad's such a good, self-deprecating sport about it, but...I mean....it's going to be really awkward when we don't hear from him for a while and we're all making jokes that maybe Mrs. Sad finally unlocked the chastity belt, but then we find out they went through a messy divorce.

Then again there's also a very real possibility that Mrs Sad has been dead for years and sad has gone full blown Norman Bates.

June Jones
I mean....we all laugh because sad's such a good, self-deprecating sport about it, but...I mean....it's going to be really awkward when we don't hear from him for a while and we're all making jokes that maybe Mrs. Sad finally unlocked the chastity belt, but then we find out they went through a messy divorce.

Then again there's also a very real possibility that Mrs Sad has been dead for years and sad has gone full blown Norman Bates.
oh come on now, sadgator jokes about it, but he loves ol’ Pippa dearly…

Pippa-Middleton-not-socialite-interview.jpg

The Norman Bates scenario is a pretty good approximation of marriage but the wife is usually in the Anthony Perkins role. While the wife goes on about her business, plotting to spread evil, There’s some husband, who used to be a functioning human with interests, friends, a sense of humor, opinions, who now just sits in a room muttering about why the garbagemen won’t take his trash. Is he using the recycling can by mistake? Are they overfilled? They’re trashmen for crissakes and these are trash cans!

OK, I've read through this thread and yes, the SEC is tough, but forget all of the conference stuff, Ther's one school in 2023 that scares the living he!! out of everyone in the country - Jim Harbaugh and the Michigan Wolverines - the WINNINGEST program in CF history. Facts and numbers don't lie.

Why they're not ranked #1 in every poll is absolutely comical. Ther are - by far - the deepest team in CF. The recruiting has been simply off the charts the last 4 or 5 years and we're now seeing the results. We go at least 4 deep on every position on offense and almost as deep on defense. If people are smart, lay down a bet NOW in Vegas before the odds go crazy when Jim H. and Michigan starts crushing everyone.

My predictions for the big games this year:

Michigan 56 - OSU 7
Michigan 42 - Georgia or Alabama 14 (take your pick) in the NC game

The 2023 National Champions - Jim Harbaugh and his Michigan Wolverines - end of story. Oh, and add that we're also a top 5 academic school in the country.......God, it;s good to be a Wolverine

OK, I've read through this thread and yes, the SEC is tough, but forget all of the conference stuff, Ther's one school in 2023 that scares the living he!! out of everyone in the country - Jim Harbaugh and the Michigan Wolverines - the WINNINGEST program in CF history. Facts and numbers don't lie.

Why they're not ranked #1 in every poll is absolutely comical. Ther are - by far - the deepest team in CF. The recruiting has been simply off the charts the last 4 or 5 years and we're now seeing the results. We go at least 4 deep on every position on offense and almost as deep on defense. If people are smart, lay down a bet NOW in Vegas before the odds go crazy when Jim H. and Michigan starts crushing everyone.

Michigan 56 - OSU 7

The 2023 National Champions - Jim Harbaugh and his Michigan Wolverines - end of story. Oh, and add that we're also a top 5 academic school in the country.......God, it;s good to be a Wolverine
So sad, so pathetic, haha. When I used to work and play in Manhattan years ago the Michigan fans at the cfb bars on Saturdays were arrogant dopes without a Nattie winning cfb team....fast forward to 2023 and all of the aforementioned apparently still applies, haha. By beating Ohio St last year, all you did was replace them as the B1G winner that gets beat down in the playoffs by the SEC winner, haha. Doesn't matter who the best of B1G are, and it hasn't for many years, they all get beat down in the games that count.

Reactions: goldmom

Michigan 56 - OSU 7

If you play Georgia again this year.....you will have the same result as the Orange Bowl 2 years ago.

So sad, so pathetic, haha. When I used to work and play in Manhattan years ago the Michigan fans at the cfb bars on Saturdays were arrogant dopes without a Nattie winning cfb team....fast forward to 2023 and all of the aforementioned apparently still applies, haha. By beating Ohio St last year, all you did was replace them as the B1G winner that gets beat down in the playoffs by the SEC winner, haha. Doesn't matter who the best of B1G are, and it hasn't for many years, they all get beat down in the games that count.
I have to assume they are trolling. I don’t think that is a “real” Michigan fan. LOL!

Michigan 56 - OSU 7

This is spot on! Hearing from multiple sources that Michigan has been invited to play in the NFC north this season. The Bears and Lions better look out!!!

I have to assume they are trolling. I don’t think that is a “real” Michigan fan. LOL!
Maybe, but the 2 most arrogant fan bases in the Midwest and Central part of the country are Notre Dame and Michigan - by far. Both fan bases think that the CF world revolves around them

And honestly, I think that OSU thumps their asse$ this year anyways, OSU - realistically - is the only Big Ten team that has the firepower and talent to play with or take down an SEC team. Still haven't figured out how Michigan beat OSU - probably better coaches.

I think the two teams that are pi$$ed are Alabama and OSU and it would not surprise me to see them playing for the NC.

Last edited:
Reactions: PacoGator19

Michigan 56 - OSU 7

You suck. Typical Michigan a-hole.

The jealousy on this board is over the top. One more question - who's the winningest CF program of all-time ?

Michigan 56 - OSU 7

Excellent troll. Two thumbs up!

Reactions: PacoGator19

Michigan 56 - OSU 7

On the off chance you aren't kidding, just remember the 2006 season. You know, where tOSU and Meatchicken were considered far and away the best two teams in the country, then they went to bowl games against the SEC and PAC-12 and just got SPANKED. That is the reality of the Big 10. Facts and numbers don't lie.

Reactions: Nicktheslick
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT