ADVERTISEMENT

Signing Day Thread

I'm with ooze on this one( as a neutral observer)...

Next years gator class must be top 5-7 at minimum, and be heavy on the big guys.... I fully expect some of your o lineman to be processed out.

I looked at the spreadsheet and was amazed at the number of 3 star guys you had after the front line guys. I will especially be interested in the defense after this year because most of your higher ranked guys are on the defense.

It is eerily similar to Bobby's last days when Urban was cleaning up and we got stuck with a couple of blue chips and a majority of 3 star "2nd choices"....those 3 star 2nd choices rarely equate to winning much.

I don't think it means UF goes 4-8 again, but I do think it may be tough sledding in the East and vs FSU for a couple years unless McElwain really has an eye for underrated talent. For every single 3 star Calloway though there are usually 10 3 star " meh" guys...

Reactions: FSU4545
Mac's recent comments show that he is WELL aware that this class was not good enough

What quotes? I get the impression he is cool with status quo and Nord and Summers are sticking around. Callahan seemed to have been fired because he butted heads with Shannon more than anything else.

12654388_904491782997639_3476106339124333404_n.jpg

Well it's still better than a QB that can't hit a 8 yard smoke screen with a wideout standing still.
"Next year, I can guarantee you that we will be able to complete a pass against air."

That really IS the context in which the last half of the season has to be viewed.

Calm down folks.....I was just poking the bear. Insta is a HUGE Trask fan, and thought I'd get'em fired up.

Obviously I hope the kid has a helluva career at UF, but I'm still concerned about giving a scholly to a backup. ijs

Once McElwain and Skipper made the move to UF, they gave Thompson his third scholarship offer in April 2015. When he pledged to the Gators a month later, he was still an unrated and unranked prospect.

By the end of his 2015 season, though, he was ranked the No. 1 junior college running back by every recruiting service.

Hmmm...so maybe McE knows how to evaluate talent.

We did not fill our needs. Not sure why anyone would say that. Biggest needs were OL and DT. ZERO DT's and 3 OL...that's pathetic. The 3 OL we did get were average at best. Compare that to FSU's 6 OL signed 5 4* and a 3*. We gave up the most sacks in the nation and could only muster a lousy 3 signings with no 4*. Pathetic...we are going to get pushed around for the next 4 years if we don't address this in the 2017 class. We need elite OL and DL or we are going to get killed. I foresee another 7-6 season coming up.

One of the things that used to frustrate me with the Head Ball Coach's teams was that we would sign 4-5* OL all the time, yet couldn't block worth a darn, then we go play somebody like Auburn and Miss State and watch their 3* linemen blow us off the ball all game long.

From what I've seen, the difference in the stars for Olinemen is how polished they are, how well they know technique. They are all tall, wide and strong. If you tell me these 3 star guys we got aren't very polished but are coachable, as mean as heck and love to hit, I will be more than happy with them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT