ADVERTISEMENT

Saint Bobby on Jameis

So let me get this straight, a man that created the FSU program and won 2 national championships can not speak about the acts of a player that walks in to a stadium with his likeness on it (Literally the house that Bobby built) as an embarrassment to the program. But you can defend some one that on multiple occasions has been to in the spot light and done stupid trivial things. He can decipher defenses and lead a team, be a student athlete that could have gone to Stanford but hey lets give him a break hes a kid. People defend him with "he is intelligent" so that means he knows exactly what he was doing and didn't care. People say that hey he is a kid and does what every other kid in college does. But ever kid in college have not won a Heisman, played football on scholarship, won a national championship, do not or represent a university as the face of a program so upon much is given much is required. Most FSU fans I know think that he is immature and are happy to see the problems go away with him. Although, they do love him as a player dont act as if the statements by Bowden were unbecoming. I guess Winston behaviors were becoming of a semi.

So let me get this straight, a man that created the FSU program and won 2 national championships can not speak about the acts of a player that walks in to a stadium with his likeness on it (Literally the house that Bobby built) as an embarrassment to the program. But you can defend some one that on multiple occasions has been to in the spot light and done stupid trivial things. He can decipher defenses and lead a team, be a student athlete that could have gone to Stanford but hey lets give him a break hes a kid. People defend him with "he is intelligent" so that means he knows exactly what he was doing and didn't care. People say that hey he is a kid and does what every other kid in college does. But ever kid in college have not won a Heisman, played football on scholarship, won a national championship, do not or represent a university as the face of a program so upon much is given much is required. Most FSU fans I know think that he is immature and are happy to see the problems go away with him. Although, they do love him as a player dont act as if the statements by Bowden were unbecoming. I guess Winston behaviors were becoming of a semi.

^^^ Little Brother is as little brother does....

You forgot Public-Vulgarity-Spewing-BB-Window-Shooting-Coke-And-Crablegs-Thief who we don't know if he sexually assaulted anyone or not.

But, but, but......everybody shouts innocent internet memes.....everybody shoots out windows......it was just a little coke......it was a hookup......that teenaged coed was crazy.......it's all the media's fault.......

But, but, but......everybody shouts innocent internet memes.....everybody shoots out windows......it was just a little coke......it was a hookup......that teenaged coed was crazy.......it's all the media's fault.......

You're trying way too hard.

Bobby does realize the his ole' school covered a ton of stuff up. You can't blame any if the young men because FSU allowed it. I know of some FSU really disappointed at the staff and I believe they are correct. it a school keeps covering stuff the young men will keep on doing illegal stuff.

I just don't understand that point of view at all. Bowden is paid by FSU, his job isn't to protect Winston at all costs. I highly doubt his feelings aren't shared behind closed doors either. Wasn't Jimbo pissed with the administration about how they were handling Winston? So obviously there was some sort of power struggle behind closed doors. There were people 'in the know' who were saying well before last season ended that Winston didn't even have a choice in whether he'd be back or not. Bowden answered the question honestly. I don't know what the point in being PC about it is. If you think about it, his comments put FSU in a better light as it separates them from Winston's actions by echoing that they didn't approve of what he was doing/did, which was probably the whole point of Bowden's comments.

^^^

Exactly. Bowden represents FSU, not Jameis Winston.

Some of the more academics-focused donors and alumni liked what they heard, and they are more important to FSU than Jameis.

I don't think that this was just "Bowden giving his opinion." I think that this was a planned message (from FSU) that Bowden was getting out (he is currently on FSU's payroll).

I've listened to that portion of the interview several times and Bowden's statement is clear, unambiguous and provided readily -- as one would expect a planned message to be.

If you think about it, his comments put FSU in a better light as it separates them from Winston's actions by echoing that they didn't approve of what he was doing/did, which was probably the whole point of Bowden's comments.

That is an excellent point. Bowden's words were actually pro-FSU.

It's pretty easy to see that. Which is why I have no idea why Noles are mad. I mean think about it, they're upset because the guy who built FSU from the ground up is being pro-FSU. I mean LOL. Anything to protect Jameis.

I don't think that this was just "Bowden giving his opinion." I think that this was a planned message (from FSU) that Bowden was getting out (he is currently on FSU's payroll).

I've listened to that portion of the interview several times and Bowden's statement is clear, unambiguous and provided readily -- as one would expect a planned message to be.

This type of statement is not allowed...too much honesty for a nole, esp if it relates to something negative about jamie.

You think FSU is going through the Paul Finebaum show to get a message out?

I'm confused. Who do the noles find least embarassing to FSU, Bowden or Jameis?

Depends on a person's definition of embarrassment.

Winston's antics (especially in light of the serious accusations levied upon him) were embarrassing. 1st, I blame the media for their relentless, biased coverage of a 19 year old kid. 2nd, I blame Jameis for not realizing the spotlight and acting accordingly. When you're under that level of public scrutiny, fair or not, grow up and at the part. So, yes, Winston had moments where he represented the university well (page 14 for those stories) and moments where he embarrassed himself and FSU (front page...no need to dig).

Bowden, while entitled to his opinion, should have opted not to speak out regarding a person he hadn't met. I think SKNoles, alternate "coach speak" would have gone over much better (or something along those lines).

"Well, Winston has had some problems in the past. I've never met the young man, but he says he's grown up and matured. I hope he does great things in Tampa. It would be great to see a Florida team get back to the top."

Nothing wrong with that...Bowden's a paid ambassador of FSU and needs to remember that. If he wasn't, then it really shouldn't matter what the man says.

Lastly,
Yes, it was time for Bobby to go and things could have been handled better, but for anyone who was at his final game (the Gator Bowl), you'd know that man was sent out in style with the utmost respect and honor.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nolebra Kai
You think FSU is going through the Paul Finebaum show to get a message out?

PR-savvy media figures usually have canned answers ready for anticipated "tough" questions. I'm sure Bobby Bowden knows that people are gonna ask him about Winston during interviews, whether it's with Finebaum or someone else. He probably gets asked about Winston by nearly everyone he runs into into.

PR-savvy media figures usually have canned answers ready for anticipated "tough" questions. I'm sure Bobby Bowden knows that people are gonna ask him about Winston during interviews, whether it's with Finebaum or someone else. He probably gets asked about Winston by nearly everyone he runs into into.

Please stop....you're gonna ruin nole reputation here

Once again, I don't see the connection between thinking Bowden's comments crossed the line and were unprofessional with defending Winston or being sensitive to criticism of Winston. Given my posts in this thread, you would also have to conclude that I don't think Jimbo Fisher should smack talk Miami and Florida in the press because I'm defending UM and UF or sensitive to criticism of those 2 schools.

Mr Straw Man, Mr Straw Man, your table at the Red Herring Cafe is now available.

You forgot Public-Vulgarity-Spewing-BB-Window-Shooting-Coke-And-Crablegs-Thief who we don't know if he sexually assaulted anyone or not.

See here's the thing about the media and how they can paint someone. First of all, Winston is the first player in history suspended for cursing in public. How many football players do you think have said some vulgar stuff jokingly like this?? Second, you or I have no clue if Winston even shot a BB gun. That is a tradition our players have been doing for a long time but due to Winston being instant click bait, he became the face of a years long stupid tradition. But people seem to think Winston just shot up a bunch of windows wild Wild West style. Smh..Soda in a ketchup cup?? Yawn. Crab legs?? Guilty! He did it. And now we get to the reason a lot of the above minor things are even mentioned, the false rape allegations. You might not know if he did it, but anyone who has looked at the evidence finds it laughable that people actually call Winston a rapist. I'll say this Passover, do you realize this girl told two different stories at the COC hearing and the film The Hunting Ground?? That's not even counting all the other versions she has told.

See here's the thing about the media and how they can paint someone. First of all, Winston is the first player in history suspended for cursing in public. How many football players do you think have said some vulgar stuff jokingly like this?? Second, you or I have no clue if Winston even shot a BB gun. That is a tradition our players have been doing for a long time but due to Winston being instant click bait, he became the face of a years long stupid tradition. But people seem to think Winston just shot up a bunch of windows wild Wild West style. Smh..Soda in a ketchup cup?? Yawn. Crab legs?? Guilty! He did it. And now we get to the reason a lot of the above minor things are even mentioned, the false rape allegations. You might not know if he did it, but anyone who has looked at the evidence finds it laughable that people actually call Winston a rapist. I'll say this Passover, do you realize this girl told two different stories at the COC hearing and the film The Hunting Ground?? That's not even counting all the other versions she has told.

LINK: I guess not everyone got the ITG's memo on how to be appalled.

I'm still waiting for the Ketchupcupgate "evidence." I listed to the 911 call and read the report. No one was ever named in the group that was called about. Not saying he didn't commit this heinous crime, I just haven't seen where he was named or even being present.

Here's the 911 call transcript:

Emily: Tallahassee Police Department, Emily speaking, how may I help you?

BKAM: Hi, I need three teenagers removed from my store right away.

Emily: Where is your store?

BKAM: The Burger King on Tennessee St, it’s 1060 West Tennessee.

Emily: And you’re an employee there?

BKAM: I am the store…I am the Assistant Manager.

Emily: And what’s the name of the store?

BKAM: Burger King.

Emily: And what are they doing?

BKAM: Alright well, for one they’re not listening, they’re causing a big scene out front because I caught one of them stealing soda and refused to dump out their cups and I told them over and over no matter what it is it is theft and he said he didn’t care. So now he’s fighting with me and refuses to leave.

Emily: Okay. Male, female, black, white?

BKAM: Male, black, about six foot.

Emily: All of them?

BKAM: All three of them, yep. And I’m like a five foot little white girl so it’s like, they’re not going to listen to me no matter what I say.

Emily: Alright, we’ll get somebody out there as soon as we can. They’re inside right now?

BKAM: Yep.

Emily: Okay, we’ll get someone out there.

BKAM: Thank you.

Emily: Uh huh, bye bye.

Again, another incident long before the average joe would recognize Winston (who hasn't played ball yet).

Man, you just really don't get it.

Man, you just really don't get it.

I guess. Me, nor anyone else that cares to actually look at the evidence and look at the accusers multiple changing statements. I guess the Bucs and all their digging into Winston past don't get it either. Only people that get it are rivals and people who don't care enough to educate themselves on the case.

I guess. Me, nor anyone else that cares to actually look at the evidence and look at the accusers multiple changing statements. I guess the Bucs and all their digging into Winston past don't get it either. Only people that get it are rivals and people who don't care enough to educate themselves on the case.

I think the point is, Jaimes probably isn't as innocent as Noles claim he is or as guilty as those who disdain him think he is...the truth is probably somewhere in the middle. But like Mark Schlabach said, the money is in the negative press.

schlabach_quote.png

Alaska, without the false rape allegation the only thing the public would know about is Winston stealing $30 worth of crabs. Even standing on the table and yelling that meme(which was indeed juvenile and extremely dumb) wouldn't have had the reaction it did and he would have never been suspended for saying it. I'm not saying Winston is a choir boy, not many are, but he is far from a thug and criminal like he is portrayed. You want to see some thugs, look at what the Miami players did to that 17 year old girl.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT