ADVERTISEMENT

Saint Bobby on Jameis

Yes, I am hoping they spread their hate attacks in his direction and spend less time here for a bit

eb32c1.jpg

I saw the headline, then I listened to the interview. Mountain out of a molehill. Clickbait at it's finest. I guess it worked though because I hadn't even thought of Finebaum in months, until today.

Wow, how shocking...a nole downplaying criticism of jamie....simply shocking...

Didn't he also say in his interview with Paul that it was too difficult to win in the SEC so that is why he chose to stay in the ACC?

Nole fans were embarrassed by the negative media. We get that. He did embarrassing things as they became a media feeding frenzy. He is not a total embarrassment to the University however. If it was such the case I would think parents would not allow their kids to come play football at the school. Our current recruiting class, as well as last years, seems to indicate things are not as embarrassing as many hope them to be.

Nole fans were embarrassed by the negative media. We get that. He did embarrassing things as they became a media feeding frenzy. He is not a total embarrassment to the University however. If it was such the case I would think parents would not allow their kids to come play football at the school. Our current recruiting class, as well as last years, seems to indicate things are not as embarrassing as many hope them to be.

I imagine if you polled FSU football fans, there would be less admission of embarrassment but, if you polled non-football people at FSU, there would be a lot of embarrassment.

Theo, I didn't go to Pasadena for the Auburn game because I was disgusted by him. Turns out I should have gone because as more facts came out I saw he wasn't the sexual predator he was labeled. Crab legs were a hook up. Anyone with half a brain knew that. Someone on your football team has gotten one in the last 24 hours. Happens in every college town. Finebaum was on record last season saying he would bet on Jameis getting in trouble and not finishing the season. Who does he owe?

What? What does this have to do with Bowden's quote? He didn't say FSU the school was embarrassing. He said Jameis actions brought embarrassment to the school. What does that have to do with recruiting classes?

Makes sense...I think fsu fans as a whole are not good enough be be embarrassed by him, his actions, or their actions in defense of him.

"HEY, LOOK OVER THERE!"

oozie, I have addressed the embarrassment. Figure it out.

Still doesn't make any sense. Just because Jameis did things to embarrass the school doesn't mean other parents would have some kind of issue with sending their kids there to play football. FSU landing top recruiting classes (which they've done for 2 decades now) isn't proof that Jameis didn't embarrass the school.

Last edited:
Bobby doesn't speak for the consensus. He doesn't have the authority to say what he did because he is to out of touch without of the fan base. That's one reason thankfully he is no longer the coach.

Jameis did some embarrassing things but he wasn't an embarrassment.

Bobby doesn't speak for the consensus. He doesn't have the authority to say what he did because he is to out of touch without of the fan base. That's one reason thankfully he is no longer the coach.

Jameis did some embarrassing things but he wasn't an embarrassment.
He has every right to express his opinions. Way to throw your legend under the bus.

But it does show one thing. FSU fans aren't really embarrassed about anything.

I'm embarrassed that Bobby hired Jeff.
You should be. You should be embarrassed your college of Anthropology is in a strip mall. You should be embarrassed the way the TPD protects athletes from accountability. Your should be embarrassed that FSU cannot seem to find a President that will improve the academics of their University. There are a lot of things that should embarrass FSU fans. But yet you are not embarrassed about the behavior of Winston.

How fitting.

Reactions: SKSnole
Lovie Smith

"I'm disappointed. To say that the young man is an 'embarrassment?' That's pretty strong. I just don't think he's speaking for all of Florida State, even though he's in an official role there. Normally, what we're doing today with our greats you (embrace) them. Everybody on the outside may be throwing stones at them. Normally, when you're in a family you don't do that. I'm very disappointed that somebody like that would make that type of statement.'

"We do not see (Winston) as an embarrassment by any means. He meant an awful lot to Florida State. I would never say that. The essential people at Florida State we talked to and no one said (Winston) was an embarrassment. It was the complete opposite starting with Jimbo Fisher, their current football coach. That's why I say I can't believe it."

Reactions: Nolebra Kai
You should be. You should be embarrassed your college of Anthropology is in a strip mall. You should be embarrassed the way the TPD protects athletes from accountability. Your should be embarrassed that FSU cannot seem to find a President that will improve the academics of their University. There are a lot of things that should embarrass FSU fans. But yet you are not embarrassed about the behavior of Winston.

How fitting.

Didn't you go to Everest college or something?

Lovie Smith

"I'm disappointed. To say that the young man is an 'embarrassment?' That's pretty strong. I just don't think he's speaking for all of Florida State, even though he's in an official role there. Normally, what we're doing today with our greats you (embrace) them. Everybody on the outside may be throwing stones at them. Normally, when you're in a family you don't do that. I'm very disappointed that somebody like that would make that type of statement.'

"We do not see (Winston) as an embarrassment by any means. He meant an awful lot to Florida State. I would never say that. The essential people at Florida State we talked to and no one said (Winston) was an embarrassment. It was the complete opposite starting with Jimbo Fisher, their current football coach. That's why I say I can't believe it."

And what else could he possibly say? He just talked the Glazers into spending a number one overall and millions of dollars on this creep...if it doesn't go well, not only is the team screwed for another several years, but he is out of a job.

They even turn on Bobby Bowden to defend Jameis. Amazing.
No, they turned on him a long time ago, ran him like a vagrant...then once he was gone, they told him they loved him again, LOL....he is surely finding out this week just how much they love him...

Bowden wasn't turned on. It was time for him to go.

That hard conversation with Grampy & Daddy that they can no longer drive now b/c they are way too old & it's only going to get worse behind the wheel.

I think Nole fans are so conditioned to defending Winston that they refuse to acknowledge something that's a no brainer. When a star player has MULTIPLE, high profile, off-the-field issues, of course it's an embarrassment to the school.

I'm confused. Who do the noles find least embarassing to FSU, Bowden or Jameis?

And what else could he possibly say? He just talked the Glazers into spending a number one overall and millions of dollars on this creep...if it doesn't go well, not only is the team screwed for another several years, but he is out of a job.

Do you have a link or some kind of insider info that Lovie had to "talk the Glazers into drafting Jameis"?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT