ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting

If the recruiting service twits are so smart about giving out the stars, then why don't the millionaire coaches just recruit right off of their lists? Or hire them up to recruit for their school?
Doh! :confused: --- Then judging a coaches job performance by what some twit gives him as a class ranking is for idiots. If that was done, then NC Dabo Sweeney would have been fired years ago.

There is nothing inherently wrong with a recruiting service class ranking, or with given out their individual stars. It's their opinions. It even makes good message board fodder to fertilizer...

The trouble comes in when dweeb fans start to take their word or opinions over their coaches choices. IF you want to go with outside amateur opinions, then why not just go ahead and hire those service genius types to both recruit and then coach up their choices? :confused:

MaxPreps has the HS stats on both, write them down so you can refer to them as you watch film.
Hudi has HS film on both Hunter Johnson and Jake Allen. Go watch both, and then come back here and tell me why HJ is a 5 star and JA is a 3 star, and be specific on what you yourself watched and saw on the film. o_O
Otherwise, just keep on shootin' da chit here about what you want, and/or what you demand from the Gator coaches in recruiting.
----------

Doomed without what some 'service twit' thinks is a 5 star talent recruit, because....
In the coming Super Bowl, there are a grand total of 3 former 5 stars in the team's combined starting lineups... o_O

Just like Clemson hasn't even averaged a Top 10 Recruiting class over the last 5 years, (their highest rated class was a single #9 out of 5 classes) but they still beat the school with the Top Ranked recruiting classes over the last 5 years for the NC. :cool:

But even in the face of those FACTS, some twit here will still claim that UF can't win any championships if they don't average a Top 5 recruiting class. BTW, is that a rivals ranking, or a scout ranking, or an ESPN ranking, or a 247 ranking, because they don't EVER agree on either all of the individual players rankings or on the overall class rankings.
The inconsistencies rule supreme! :rolleyes:

Serious questions - how much time do you spend watching hudi films and reading up on max preps a week? Are you employed?

Exactly. Most of the national media was picking iowa and so were several people on this board inluding some on this thread.

Most of the media picked Florida that I remember (a very close majority). I thought Iowa would win thinking they would keep ramming the ball down our throats and we would crack eventually but the defense held up and got to play downhill the whole game basically.

If UF had a class full of 5 and 4 star recruits and a sampling of 3 star guys would insta hate the class due to the "experts" incorrectly assessing their talents? Sorry if this has been asked before.

If UF had a class full of 5 and 4 star recruits and a sampling of 3 star guys would insta hate the class due to the "experts" incorrectly assessing their talents? Sorry if this has been asked before.

Of course not, he's just a dumbass who changes his opinion with the wind. He's been caught multiple times changing the rankings of recruits. When finally called on it he threw out some BS about how he gives his own personal rankings. Kinda funny that somebody who cares so little about rankings would make up their own, because...potato.

Michi, I love your fire and think you are spot on with your concerns. I will tell you this. I lose ZERO sleep over the thought of Chip Kelly coming to UF. First of all I think the odds are slim that it happens and second he doesn't strike me as a guy that can outflank Jimbo, Richt, Smart or Saban in local settings in the short amount of time UF will need him to succeed. By short period I am not talking one recruiting cycle. I am talking 2-3 year periods like insta deals with. You realize there is an issue but your grasp for a fix is not realistic at this point. .
Like I have said previously...have at it. Kelly is no better than their current coach as a recruiter...it's a lot easier to make a dent in the PAC 12 with a spread or other ingenuitive offense than it is in the SEC. If UF is going to return to the spotlight, the next coach needs to be Dabo 2.0...someone who recruits the South lights out. They are probably going to have to take another coordinator, bc the roster is going to be shaky and UF fans have a quick trigger on their coach. What kind of established coach would walk in to that situation? Not many. Certainly not the elite coach UF fans would demand.

Like I have said previously...have at it. Kelly is no better than their current coach as a recruiter...it's a lot easier to make a dent in the PAC 12 with a spread or other ingenuitive offense than it is in the SEC. If UF is going to return to the spotlight, the next coach needs to be Dabo 2.0...someone who recruits the South lights out. They are probably going to have to take another coordinator, bc the roster is going to be shaky and UF fans have a quick trigger on their coach. What kind of established coach would walk in to that situation? Not many. Certainly not the elite coach UF fans would demand.

More than half the teams in the SEC run a spread including Bama now, what are you talking about? And it's fair to question Kelly's recruiting but anything else is just silly. It's not 'easier' or easy to go 46-7 and go to four straight BCS Bowl games in any Power 5 conference. And they were never in the top half of their conference talent wise either. And UF fans aren't any more impatient than any other big school, that's why coaches get paid big money to coach at these places. No coach worth a damn will be scared off by a fanbase.

Let's not become revisionists here. Again, I get a few of you cannot stand Mac and want him gone. UF was less than a field goal favorite in this game. The write up talks about it being an Iowa win. The video has it as a one point victory over Iowa. Iowa finished the season on fire with a blowout of Nebraska and a win over Michigan (remember them?). UF was banged up. There were plenty of folks on here expecting the worst and hoping for the best. Instead, UF blew them out with a great game. Again, I know you and a few others refuse to give him credit for coaching this team up, but give credit when it is due.

i knew we would win the game, and 80% of America had Florida in the ESPN pick em, Iowa was not expected to win by many people. I knew without collins what would happen at least on defense, and it did

More than half the teams in the SEC run a spread including Bama now, what are you talking about? .
Have it your way...they all run a spread and he is going to be bringing a knife to a gun fight. Either way, there is no advantage. Show up with classes ranked about 20th, which is actually much better than he had at Oregon and you are basically Auburn lite. Add this to the deficit you will have with what the current coach will leave and the odds are not good.

It is hard to really compare what he did in the PAC 12, a conference that pays little attention to defense. Most years the SEC had 4-5 teams with better defenses than anything in the PAC 12. We did see a mediocre AU defense lock them down in the MNC game.

Have it your way...they all run a spread and he is going to be bringing a knife to a gun fight. Either way, there is no advantage. Show up with classes ranked about 20th, which is actually much better than he had at Oregon and you are basically Auburn lite. Add this to the deficit you will have with what the current coach will leave and the odds are not good.

It is hard to really compare what he did in the PAC 12, a conference that pays little attention to defense. Most years the SEC had 4-5 teams with better defenses than anything in the PAC 12. We did see a mediocre AU defense lock them down in the MNC game.

So the Noles love Mac and have every excuse why Chip Kelly would not cut it.

How did Rapies and the boys like that poorly built team that Chip handed off to Helfrich?? Jimbo's superior recruiting sure showed them.

How is he bringing a knife to a gun fight by running what other people run? You tried to insinuate the spread wouldn't work in the SEC when more than half the teams in the SEC run it, you literally make no sense. And idk why you assume his classes would be around 20th either, they could be but you don't know that. And the Pac-12 was the second best conference most of the last decade. The man won 87% of his games in college its just stupid to discount that for any reason look at his record against ranked teams also if that isn't enough.

Even if you choose to discount what he did at Oregon he took over a 4-win Eagles team and won 10 the next year and his record in the NFL is better than both Saban's or Spurrier's was. And he's had top 10 offenses half of the 4 years he's been in the NFL and the only time that hasn't been the case is when he's had to play multiple QB's due to injury...lemme guess SEC teams have better defenses than NFL teams right? I don't think he's ending up at UF so all of this is moot but none of your reasons have any validity. Only thing you've offered up is he's gonna have 20th rated classes because you say so and "the Pac 12 was weak!" Like ok.

They're all just being fair and balanced and we're too dumb to see all the progress. Makes you wonder why posters of a rival team are being so 'fair and balanced' about a rival teams coach. Seems legit.

Reactions: seffnergator
They're all just being fair and balanced and we're too dumb to see all the progress. Makes you wonder why posters of a rival team are being so 'fair and balanced' about a rival teams coach. Seems legit.

Like you, I think its a long shot. But to think any in-state rival or SEC coach would be 'happy' if that was our hire. Imagine if we hired Chip and retained Randy. That could be fun to watch

How is he bringing a knife to a gun fight by running what other people run? You tried to insinuate the spread wouldn't work in the SEC when more than half the teams in the SEC run it, you literally make no sense. And idk why you assume his classes would be around 20th either, they could be but you don't know that. And the Pac-12 was the second best conference most of the last decade. The man won 87% of his games in college its just stupid to discount that for any reason look at his record against ranked teams also if that isn't enough.

Even if you choose to discount what he did at Oregon he took over a 4-win Eagles team and won 10 the next year and his record in the NFL is better than both Saban's or Spurrier's was. And he's had top 10 offenses half of the 4 years he's been in the NFL and the only time that hasn't been the case is when he's had to play multiple QB's due to injury...lemme guess SEC teams have better defenses than NFL teams right? I don't think he's ending up at UF so all of this is moot but none of your reasons have any validity. Only thing you've offered up is he's gonna have 20th rated classes because you say so and "the Pac 12 was weak!" Like ok.
No...I insinuated that the PAC doesn't care about defense. He did well in a conference by being better at shootouts against teams in which the best D would usually not place in the top third of the SEC's. The evidence we have against legit OOC defenses is not good. OSU and AU both throttled UO. AU's defense was bad that year, but their speed had little issue closing the gaps against UO's.

You brought up the "everyone runs the spread" in the SEC. I gave you that point....which actually just further makes my point. The SEC is pretty good at containing it. The conference still had 4 teams with scoring averages of less than 20 PPG

I also made the point that his recruiting is really not even mediocre. It is not a secret. Kelly admits it. and there is evidence to that... his average class was much worse than 20. I was giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Florida's problem going forward is talent. They need to fix that if they are going to compete. Knute Rockne is not going to help UF if they don't get more players on the roster and Kelly is not going to improve Florida's recruiting . I don't care how creative he is....talent is going to beat creativity more often than it is not.

Didnt oregon bitch slap the noles recently?

Not this Nole. He thinks they are two peas in the same pod. One might be more creative than the other, but neither is the answer.

I just wanted to set the record straight. Carry on.

The usual Gator wack-jobs, along with their favorite criminole butt-buddies have won the day again.
You genius types are just to smart about everything football.
I'm just so impressed with those always classic posts....
zzzzzzzzzzzz

The usual Gator wack-jobs, along with their favorite criminole butt-buddies have won the day again.
You genius types are just to smart about everything football.
I'm just so impressed with those always classic posts....
zzzzzzzzzzzz

Would you like to share what you know about football?

Serious question.

Id like to know your perspective.

There are none so blind, as those that choose not to see.... o_O

From another thread here:

Trask - Strong Arm - Great Accuracy - Good Decisions - Physically imposing (6-4 230 4.6/40)
Mechanics - Footwork - Pocket Presents - Fakes and Look-offs - Makes ALL of the Throws.
He has never thrown a single interception, either in HS (17 TD's, 0 Int) or in UF's 2016 Spring game.
Not being his HS's starting QB is mostly irrelevant at this point, imoho. :cool:
What he actually does whenever he's on the field is what counts in my book.
HS Career
- 110 of 161, 73.3%, 1,820 yds, 16.5 yds/comp, 17 TD's, 0 Ints.

And while he's NOT a 'running' QB, he's bigger and faster than Tebow, and he'll pull it down and take off when that's necessary. He's also very strong and mobile when the pocket collapses, but he's always still looking to throw it. Sr/HS Rushing - 18 for 49 yds, 4.5 ypc, 1 TD, L-20 yds.

"Kyle is a guy that when you tell him it one time, he gets it right now,"Nussmeier said."He can process information very, very well, his accuracy is unbelievable and he's just done a really, really good job for a guy that doesn't have a ton of snaps. When you put him in situations, he reacts very, very well." (he comes in as a 4.0 student & an Eagle Scout)

This young man is not my nephew and I've never even met him. I'm going strictly on what I see with my own eyes when I watch his HS film, and what I saw live in the 2016 Spring game. I'll freely admit that I like him as a Gator QB. Most QB's have to wind up and step into the kinds of throws that Kyle can make off his back foot with a flick of his wrist. http://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/kyle-trask/nDygK_TtEeKZ5AAmVebBJg/default.htm

=======================================================================
Still, I'm all for giving all of the available QB's a 'fair/even' shot at winning the starting job. As a long time Gator fan, I'm always for whomever can best get the job done at QB.

Ath/QB Toney - 6-0 185 - He will get a 'look' but is not likely to play QB at UF, unless it's some at'wildcat.' I look for him to be a star player as a Gator, and to likely go on to the NFL, just not as a QB.He's an EE -- But if he can legitimately beat out both Franks and Trask, then we'll have one hellova QB in 2017! But guess what else? IF HE CAN, then I'm on board and I'd be ALL IN for Toney.

Jake Allen
- B-2-B-2-B Florida 7A State Champion
Good size 6-3 210 - We'll all see what is, in Fall practice.
IMO, he's very likely to get a redshirt for 2017, but you never know... :cool:
=============

Going on memory from one of the many articles that I'd read, I thought that rivals had given Allen a 5th star after him being named the Nike 'Opening' Miami Regional MVP at position. I was apparently mistaken, but he continues to be a 5 star in my own estimation, even though the rivals twits have recently lowered him all the way down to a 3 star rating. :confused:

oozzzie is a way bigger liar and fabricator here every day, than I've been over my entire lifetime.
==========

But hey, those star givers are much smarter than I'll ever be, just look at this for example.

QB Sean White was a 5 star and went to AU. How's that worked out for him and AU so far?

I have a feeling that if Hunter Johnson went to UF, then he'd be a 3 star, and if Allen had gone to Clemson he'd be a 5 star...

PS
dunny-goater, I don't know how I could care any less about what you might want, or would like to know about anything. You're a useless fool imo, and a boil on this board azz.

There are none so blind, as those that choose not to see.... o_O

From another thread here:

Trask - Strong Arm - Great Accuracy - Good Decisions - Physically imposing (6-4 230 4.6/40)
Mechanics - Footwork - Pocket Presents - Fakes and Look-offs - Makes ALL of the Throws.
He has never thrown a single interception, either in HS (17 TD's, 0 Int) or in UF's 2016 Spring game.
Not being his HS's starting QB is mostly irrelevant at this point, imoho. :cool:
What he actually does whenever he's on the field is what counts in my book.
HS Career
- 110 of 161, 73.3%, 1,820 yds, 16.5 yds/comp, 17 TD's, 0 Ints.

And while he's NOT a 'running' QB, he's bigger and faster than Tebow, and he'll pull it down and take off when that's necessary. He's also very strong and mobile when the pocket collapses, but he's always still looking to throw it. Sr/HS Rushing - 18 for 49 yds, 4.5 ypc, 1 TD, L-20 yds.

"Kyle is a guy that when you tell him it one time, he gets it right now,"Nussmeier said."He can process information very, very well, his accuracy is unbelievable and he's just done a really, really good job for a guy that doesn't have a ton of snaps. When you put him in situations, he reacts very, very well." (he comes in as a 4.0 student & an Eagle Scout)

This young man is not my nephew and I've never even met him. I'm going strictly on what I see with my own eyes when I watch his HS film, and what I saw live in the 2016 Spring game. I'll freely admit that I like him as a Gator QB. Most QB's have to wind up and step into the kinds of throws that Kyle can make off his back foot with a flick of his wrist. http://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/kyle-trask/nDygK_TtEeKZ5AAmVebBJg/default.htm

Still, I'm all for giving all of the available QB's a 'fair/even' shot at winning the starting job. As a long time Gator fan, I'm always for whomever can best get the job done at QB.

Ath/QB Toney - 6-0 185 - He will get a 'look' but is not likely to play QB at UF, unless it's some at'wildcat.' I look for him to be a star player as a Gator, and to likely go on to the NFL, just not as a QB.He's an EE -- But if he can legitimately beat out both Franks and Trask, then we'll have one hellova QB in 2017! But guess what else? IF HE CAN, then I'm on board and I'd be ALL IN for Toney.

Jake Allen
- B-2-B-2-B Florida 7A State Champion
Good size 6-3 210 - We'll all see what is, in Fall practice.
IMO, he's very likely to get a redshirt for 2017, but you never know... :cool:
=============

Going on memory from one of the many articles that I'd read, I thought that rivals had given Allen a 5th star after him being named the Nike 'Opening' Miami Regional MVP at position. I was apparently mistaken, but he continues to be a 5 star in my own estimation, even though the rivals twits have recently lowered him all the way down to a 3 star rating. :confused:

oozzzie is a way bigger liar and fabricator here every day, than I've been over my entire lifetime.
==========

But hey, those star givers are much smarter than I'll ever be, just look at this for example.

QB Sean White was a 5 star and went to AU. How's that worked out for him and AU so far?

I have a feeling that if Hunter Johnson went to UF, then he'd be a 3 star, and if Allen had gone to Clemson he'd be a 5 star...

PS
dunny-goater, I don't know how I could care any less about what you might want, or would like to know about anything. You're a useless fool imo, and a boil on this board azz.

You realize it's okay to state your own opinion, in a succinct way, without quotes and stats.

That's all I would like to see.

It comes across like you don't have any original thought on these issues (beyond some snide condescension).

You realize it's okay to state your own opinion, in a succinct way, without quotes and stats.

That's all I would like to see.

It comes across like you don't have any original thought on these issues (beyond some snide condescension).

Probably fairly easy to post stats that show that it is more than just "some" snide condescension

Lol you guys are incredible. UGA grad/fan here, and I just came over here to see what y'all were saying about the poor recruiting performance so far for the gators. It's been an interesting read to say the least. Although the recruiting has been pretty bad for y'all this year, I can't really say much until the dawgs actually look more talented on the field when we play each other. Gotta say though, I hope y'all keep donkey teeth for a long time. I still like our chances against McElwain in the long run...as always, Go Dawgs.

Good Morning !!!

Checking in early to say I cannot wait to see what today's round of insta vs the entire board brings !!!

Lol you guys are incredible. UGA grad/fan here, and I just came over here to see what y'all were saying about the poor recruiting performance so far for the gators. It's been an interesting read to say the least. Although the recruiting has been pretty bad for y'all this year, I can't really say much until the dawgs actually look more talented on the field when we play each other. Gotta say though, I hope y'all keep donkey teeth for a long time. I still like our chances against McElwain in the long run...as always, Go Dawgs.

Those handful of recruits that got you ranked a few spots ahead of us really going to make a difference for Muschamp 2.0?....damn young version Jerry Glanville looking azz.

Donkey Teeth 2
UGA 0

Reactions: instaGATOR
Composite Rankings I would say if we hit 14 he ended well. Could be ugly

Yep, you're a genius alright...
hysterical-laughter-smiley-emoticon.gif

Yeah, you replaced the Retch with a 'Smartie-Pants' loser,so you're well on the road to another 4-5 wins over the next couple of decades. Always fun to hear what some butt-sniffin' leghumper has to say about their betters... ;)

Reactions: TennesseeGator
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT