ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting

Lose one, one week, but then pick up a flip the very next week. From this weekend:

#13 CB Brad Stewart 6-0 194 **** - N.O, LA ESPN 300 (replaced left-coast Blades)
Offers: UF - UA, Ark, AU, UG, LSU, Ms, MsSt, Miz, SCa, Tn -- FSU, Mia, Neb, Ok,,,

~ Michi-fraud, you're just as FoS as usual on Blades, he was always tall and skinny 6-3 177 and I never put him ahead of the other CB's, and Wilson was always by own favorite. Wilson-Davis-Stewart, and I wouldn't trade any of them for Blades. Blades may end up being a star on the left coast, and if so, then good for him. He's staying home which is not that uncommon for recruits. I'd certainly have taken him, but I'm certainly not crying over losing him.... :cool:

#60 OLB Nick Smith 6-3 198 *** - Orlando, FL (could he also play SS?)
Offers: UF-LSU -- Az, UL, MichSt, Neb, NC, NCSt, USF, UCF,,,

#70 FS Donovan Stiner 6-2 185 *** Bellaire, TX (another Houston flip, Cleveland)
Offers: UF-Mizz -- Houston, Baylor, OKSt, SMU,,, (rivals #33 S)

#20 UF (17) - 6 ESPN 300's, 12 ****, 5 *** (Rivals #19, 247 #20)
NSD coming soon. Negative mouth-runners likely departing soon after...:cool:

After NSD, then I will look at the whole class and decide for myself if I think that it's a good class or not. The star givers and class rankers can do whatever they want to, as always, but they're not the best at it or they'd all agree on the individual and group rankings, which they rarely ever do. o_O

Their's is just another opinion and not something handed down from the mount on stone tablets. :rolleyes:
-----------

WR Michael Harley 5-9 155 'Lightening in a Bottle' also KR & PR. -- STA
I watched Hudi-film on Jake's 3 star WR teammate. How is this Army AA only a 3 star? It must be a size related thingy... (he looks a bit like Quezy on the field to me)
A NSD guy that I hope comes to the 'ville. IMO, he'd be a good replacement and/or depth for Powell/Massey.

Hey fair weather Paco is back, we must have landed a 4* tonight. Hey, by the way, where are they projecring your boy Fulwood to go in the draft?

Fulwood? Where did you get the idea that Fulwood was my guy? Show me the post or posts where i was praising Fulwood?
Also, you will notice most of my posts are neutral when it comes to recruiting, I'm not happy about where we're at right now, but prefer to wait until after NSD before making my opinion ahead of time based on some pre-set agenda

Paco, michi-fraud builds straw men and/or makes up chit whenever it suits him.
Then is slings his chit around until the ugly smell is everywhere, it's just who and what he is... :oops:

Fulwood was you guy according to that slug, and he's now claiming that I said that Blades was as good a Deion Sanders. The only time I ever even mention Sanders is when I'm talking about Clown-U's need for Deion Rules to finally force their star athletes to at least be present for classes in order to play... :cool:

Looks like Conlife is the big prize at this point. A lot of stretches to go with it. I like the Wyatt kid that runs a 4.59 at DT. Looks like Chump is winning that one. We likely land Slaton as well. Stiner was a waste imo but I guess at this point we need numbers. Sounds like we are backing off the Gadys a bit with Conliffe trending to us. Looks like only 2 OL in this class. Robinson is out for sure, all major D1 programs have officially backed off. He is likely headed JUCO.

auburn, bama and fsu won't have much of a problem with him in the future.

He did go 10-4 followed by 9-4 in his first two seasons.

Which is interesting.
This is contradictory. You say Fisher was rebuilding from a DECADE of irrelevance and yet even with that and facilities that were behind the curve he was still landing top classes right away without '6 bullets in the revolver.' How could that possibly be? When Mac took over UF was 3 seasons removed from an 11-2 season. Even Muschamp managed to pull a top 10 class after going 4-8 and that was in 2013. What, recruits didn't want to be wowed then? Our facilities didn't 'suck' then? Please.

And I'm not seeing these balanced classes you're seeing either. Despite only having 2 scholarship QB's on the roster when he took over we were unable to land any QB in his transition class not even a project. That same class we signed ONE LB despite having a glaring need among other things. You can say fine it's a transition class but then we go to his second class and don't sign a single DT. Not one. And with a glaring need at QB we take a guy early who couldn't even get reps on his HS team except part-time. Seems legit. So yea my point still stands you never defended Meyer and most of you Noles went on and on about how he wouldn't work out at UF because you feared him. You all loved Muschamp and now defend Mac though and you and I both know why.

As Danny stated and some other posters after your post..."the records are the same the first two years". "Coach is doing ok". No one has any idea if Mac will continue the upward trajectory or not, but ignoring the results of the first two seasons by only pointing out UF is not immediately as good as Bama or FSU is taking it to the extreme, imo. Again, he may not make it at UF, but his first two seasons are pretty darn good, minus FSU/Bama games. The next two seasons will decide if this guy is the long term solution or out after year 4 or 5.

As Danny stated and some other posters after your post..."the records are the same the first two years". "Coach is doing ok". No one has any idea if Mac will continue the upward trajectory or not, but ignoring the results of the first two seasons by only pointing out UF is not immediately as good as Bama or FSU is taking it to the extreme, imo. Again, he may not make it at UF, but his first two seasons are pretty darn good, minus FSU/Bama games. The next two seasons will decide if this guy is the long term solution or out after year 4 or 5.

Ok but looking at records alone is simplistic. Mac went 10-4 year 1 and Meyer went 9-3 year 1 but one of those ended with three straight losses and an average recruiting class and the other ended with 4 straight wins and a #1 class. Your analysis would say the first season is better because 10 wins and that makes zero sense. And who is asking to be as good as FSU or Bama exactly? That's always the default argument when anybody dares to say that we should not get blown out by damn near every ranked team we play or not have the worst three recruiting classes in UF's modern era. It's ridiculous.

Reactions: 46885
Ok but looking at records alone is simplistic. Mac went 10-4 year 1 and Meyer went 9-3 year 1 but one of those ended with three straight losses and an average recruiting class and the other ended with 4 straight wins and a #1 class. Your analysis would say the first season is better because 10 wins and that makes zero sense. And who is asking to be as good as FSU or Bama exactly? That's always the default argument when anybody dares to say that we should not get blown out by damn near every ranked team we play or not have the worst three recruiting classes in UF's modern era. It's ridiculous.

I am just pointing out what some other gators are saying. I get there are other signs that point to frustrations for you, numbers, Michi, etc. I am not saying you all are wrong. I just see what others see as well and two 10 win seasons to start his career is not too shabby at all. Some very good wins as well, Ole Miss, LSU, uga, Iowa,etc resulting in two SECe championships and a slow out bowl victory. Mac has actually done a pretty good job with an unbalanced roster. He has two more years to get it balanced and stay on top of the division. If so, he could get more than just the expected two more seasons. I would think staying at the top of the division for the next two years and gaining on the SECw champs would be seen as a positive. I wouldn't be shocked to see him win the SECCG in year four once he has a seasoned QB and OL in place.

I am just pointing out what some other gators are saying. I get there are other signs that point to frustrations for you, numbers, Michi, etc. I am not saying you all are wrong. I just see what others see as well and two 10 win seasons to start his career is not too shabby at all. Some very good wins as well, Ole Miss, LSU, uga, Iowa,etc resulting in two SECe championships and a slow out bowl victory. Mac has actually done a pretty good job with an unbalanced roster. He has two more years to get it balanced and stay on top of the division. If so, he could get more than just the expected two more seasons. I would think staying at the top of the division for the next two years and gaining on the SECw champs would be seen as a positive. I wouldn't be shocked to see him win the SECCG in year four once he has a seasoned QB and OL in place.

You lost ALL credibility saying that Iowa was a big win. I quit reading after that

Reactions: nail1988

Because Noles are all defending Mac and trying to find ways to spin it. Lets face it, the MFers lose sleep at night at the mere mention of Chip Kelly in Orange and Blue

On a positive note we have a 2* OLB Plan Z all ready to sign so we can reach 20 recruits. Is it possible to add a recruit and lower your ranking? Mac setting all kinds of firsts in recruiting.

Oh, and the Gady twins are no linger a take

Still hoping Mac can salvage a 10th ranked class. This may be the first year since 2011 we don't get a Rivals 5 star commitment.

Still hoping Mac can salvage a 10th ranked class. This may be the first year since 2011 we don't get a Rivals 5 star commitment.

Not sure we had one last year. Maybe Rivals, not composite. Can't see us reaching 10, MAYBE 12 but that could be tough with no Robinson.

Conilffe announces at 11:30 today, he would give us a nice bump

Michi, I love your fire and think you are spot on with your concerns. I will tell you this. I lose ZERO sleep over the thought of Chip Kelly coming to UF. First of all I think the odds are slim that it happens and second he doesn't strike me as a guy that can outflank Jimbo, Richt, Smart or Saban in local settings in the short amount of time UF will need him to succeed. By short period I am not talking one recruiting cycle. I am talking 2-3 year periods like insta deals with. You realize there is an issue but your grasp for a fix is not realistic at this point. .

Michi, I love your fire and think you are spot on with your concerns. I will tell you this. I lose ZERO sleep over the thought of Chip Kelly coming to UF. First of all I think the odds are slim that it happens and second he doesn't strike me as a guy that can outflank Jimbo, Richt, Smart or Saban in local settings in the short amount of time UF will need him to succeed. By short period I am not talking one recruiting cycle. I am talking 2-3 year periods like insta deals with. You realize there is an issue but your grasp for a fix is not realistic at this point. .

The four coaches you mentioned are the EXACT reason that Chip would be great. None of them, none, have traditionally done well defending the type of offense Kelly runs. All have struggled with them.

I know right now that Mac will fail. The Mac/Nuss offense is predicated on beating people to a man. Thats awesome when you are working for Saban who lands #1 class after #1 class. Its not so good when you can't land a top 10 class. It also requires a top 5 defense, which we will not field anymoreas well

The four coaches mentioned have a firm grasp on the recruiting area. Kelly isn't going to float in on a magical flying carpet and start stealing recruits from Dade or Lowndes county day 1. You are 3 years away, at best, from him being in place and starting to gain traction with local talent. I'd be more concerned if you got Taggard or Strong.

Reactions: Tlb06
The four coaches mentioned have a firm grasp on the recruiting area. Kelly isn't going to float in on a magical flying carpet and start stealing recruits from Dade or Lowndes county day 1. You are 3 years away, at best, from him being in place and starting to gain traction with local talent. I'd be more concerned if you got Taggard or Strong.

You're assuming knowledge of the area is the only way to successfully recruit though. A good recruiter is a good recruiter. You recruit well by either creating a buzz around the program or through relationships or just being a good salesman. Coaches go coach in areas they have no familiarity all the time and start recruiting well. That said I agree with you on Kelly just because he's even said he doesn't like recruiting. And I don't blame him these recruits are annoying as hell.

An article in "The Big Lead", part of USA Today published 12/31/16 said the most likely destinations for Chip Kelly after the 2017 season are: Arizona State, Cal, Texas A&M, UCLA & Arizona. I don;t see him seriously considering Florida and I don't really think Florida will be looking for a new coach after next football season. Don't ya'll think that fans continually trashing our HBC and his recruiting are having a negative effect on that same recruiting? Social media is a big part of everything now and it would seem that other schools are using all the trash talk to help dissuade kids from coming.

Reactions: instaGATOR
If the recruiting service twits are so smart about giving out the stars, then why don't the millionaire coaches just recruit right off of their lists? Or hire them up to recruit for their school?
Doh! :confused: --- Then judging a coaches job performance by what some twit gives him as a class ranking is for idiots. If that was done, then NC Dabo Sweeney would have been fired years ago.

There is nothing inherently wrong with a recruiting service class ranking, or with given out their individual stars. It's their opinions. It even makes good message board fodder to fertilizer...

The trouble comes in when dweeb fans start to take their word or opinions over their coaches choices. IF you want to go with outside amateur opinions, then why not just go ahead and hire those service genius types to both recruit and then coach up their choices? :confused:

MaxPreps has the HS stats on both, write them down so you can refer to them as you watch film.
Hudi has HS film on both Hunter Johnson and Jake Allen. Go watch both, and then come back here and tell me why HJ is a 5 star and JA is a 3 star, and be specific on what you yourself watched and saw on the film. o_O
Otherwise, just keep on shootin' da chit here about what you want, and/or what you demand from the Gator coaches in recruiting.
----------

Doomed without what some 'service twit' thinks is a 5 star talent recruit, because....
In the coming Super Bowl, there are a grand total of 3 former 5 stars in the team's combined starting lineups... o_O

Just like Clemson hasn't even averaged a Top 10 Recruiting class over the last 5 years, (their highest rated class was a single #9 out of 5 classes) but they still beat the school with the Top Ranked recruiting classes over the last 5 years for the NC. :cool:

But even in the face of those FACTS, some twit here will still claim that UF can't win any championships if they don't average a Top 5 recruiting class. BTW, is that a rivals ranking, or a scout ranking, or an ESPN ranking, or a 247 ranking, because they don't EVER agree on either all of the individual players rankings or on the overall class rankings.
The inconsistencies rule supreme! :rolleyes:

An article in "The Big Lead", part of USA Today published 12/31/16 said the most likely destinations for Chip Kelly after the 2017 season are: Arizona State, Cal, Texas A&M, UCLA & Arizona. I don;t see him seriously considering Florida and I don't really think Florida will be looking for a new coach after next football season. Don't ya'll think that fans continually trashing our HBC and his recruiting are having a negative effect on that same recruiting? Social media is a big part of everything now and it would seem that other schools are using all the trash talk to help dissuade kids from coming.

Oh great, the blame the fans narrative. Do you think UF is the only fanbase with a message board? Go to any message board and there are fans dissatisfied with something. Damn near every FSU fan wants Charles Kelly ran out of town and they're still signing elite defensive prospects. Everyone wanted Muschamp ran out after 4-8 and he still pulled a top 10 class. The excuses around here have jumped the shark. Yea it's the fans fault the staff waits till the last second to offer recruits and don't follow up like the recent articles from recruits themselves say. If only we could be recruiting coordinators for the school everything would be so much better. :rolleyes:

I think we should create a thread on the message board saying all our coaches are the bestest ever and we're gonna win a championship every year, guaranteed top 5 class! I wonder why no one thought of this before? This will work because recruits are stupid and don't pay attention to anything on the field they just read message board and social media before making a choice.

ocala, oozzzzie and michi are only helping UF with their constant stream of negative sniveling and whining. :oops:

They care so much about Gator football, that they must air their many negative opinions , daily and in public, because they are sure that important people are reading or listening and will quickly do whatever it is that they suggest will make UF the yearly NC.... :confused:

So which is it? Do people care about opinions on message board or not? On the one hand our 'whining' is soooo hurtful it's impacting recruiting but then on the other hand we're so unimportant no one cares. I assume this is more Insta 'logic.'

Insta you're the man for the job, start up the all positivity board where we post about unicorns and rainbows so we can start reeling in those top 5 classes. It's really an ingenious idea I'm not sure how no one thought of it before now.

I'm to busy waiting for you and michi to give all Gators the solid solutions for all of the many problems. Cause just as soon as you do that, then the UAA will start paying you million each year to run things the way you have always wanted to... Why, I can't understand why they haven't already offered you the HC job and michi the AD spot... :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Hard not to think of this when one reads an insta post...
frame_animal_house_85.jpg

If the recruiting service twits are so smart about giving out the stars, then why don't the millionaire coaches just recruit right off of their lists? Or hire them up to recruit for their school?
Doh! :confused: --- Then judging a coaches job performance by what some twit gives him as a class ranking is for idiots. If that was done, then NC Dabo Sweeney would have been fired years ago.

There is nothing inherently wrong with a recruiting service class ranking, or with given out their individual stars. It's their opinions. It even makes good message board fodder to fertilizer...

The trouble comes in when dweeb fans start to take their word or opinions over their coaches choices. IF you want to go with outside amateur opinions, then why not just go ahead and hire those service genius types to both recruit and then coach up their choices? :confused:

MaxPreps has the HS stats on both, write them down so you can refer to them as you watch film.
Hudi has HS film on both Hunter Johnson and Jake Allen. Go watch both, and then come back here and tell me why HJ is a 5 star and JA is a 3 star, and be specific on what you yourself watched and saw on the film. o_O
Otherwise, just keep on shootin' da chit here about what you want, and/or what you demand from the Gator coaches in recruiting.
----------

Doomed without what some 'service twit' thinks is a 5 star talent recruit, because....
In the coming Super Bowl, there are a grand total of 3 former 5 stars in the team's combined starting lineups... o_O

Just like Clemson hasn't even averaged a Top 10 Recruiting class over the last 5 years, (their highest rated class was a single #9 out of 5 classes) but they still beat the school with the Top Ranked recruiting classes over the last 5 years for the NC. :cool:

But even in the face of those FACTS, some twit here will still claim that UF can't win any championships if they don't average a Top 5 recruiting class. BTW, is that a rivals ranking, or a scout ranking, or an ESPN ranking, or a 247 ranking, because they don't EVER agree on either all of the individual players rankings or on the overall class rankings.
The inconsistencies rule supreme! :rolleyes:

First of all Jake Allen is a terrible example as no one besides you believes he ever has a chance to start in the SEC. did you notice no one tried to flip him?

And if star ratings don't matter why has our staff been all over visiting 4 and 5* kids and many of the 2 and 3* have just gotten offers once the higher rated kids dropped us???

I'm to busy waiting for you and michi to give all Gators the solid solutions for all of the many problems. Cause just as soon as you do that, then the UAA will start paying you million each year to run things the way you have always wanted to... Why, I can't understand why they haven't already offered you the HC job and michi the AD spot... :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

But I thought our opinions hurt recruiting? Now you're telling me nobody cares about our opinions? Can you please clarify for all us twits how those two viewpoints coexist? Thx.

You lost ALL credibility saying that Iowa was a big win. I quit reading after that

I don't think anyone predicted that game as a blowout in UF's favor. After what happened last year some were predicting UF would lose the final thee, again. Blowing out a bowl opponent when not predicted is called "a big win".

Florida being favored over a team should tell you everything you need to know

First of all Jake Allen is a terrible example as no one besides you believes he ever has a chance to start in the SEC. did you notice no one tried to flip him?

And if star ratings don't matter why has our staff been all over visiting 4 and 5* kids and many of the 2 and 3* have just gotten offers once the higher rated kids dropped us???

Looking through that crack in the fence, you're now positive the tail causes the head on your donkey.... :confused:

Skipped right over this I guess. Easy to do if you don't know chit yourself, but instead depend on the media-morons and/or service raters to do your thinking for you... (typical parrot) :rolleyes:

Hudi has HS film on both Hunter Johnson and Jake Allen. Go watch both, and then come back here and tell me why HJ is a 5 star and JA is a 3 star.
Be specific on what you yourself watched and saw on the film, and back it up with their stats. o_O

Looking through that crack in the fence, you're now positive the tail causes the head on your donkey.... :confused:

Skipped right over this I guess. Easy to do if you don't know chit yourself, but instead depend on the media-morons and/or service raters to do your thinking for you... (typical parrot) :rolleyes:

Hudi has HS film on both Hunter Johnson and Jake Allen. Go watch both, and then come back here and tell me why HJ is a 5 star and JA is a 3 star.
Be specific on what you yourself watched and saw on the film, and back it up with their stats. o_O

What do you see on tape that separates the two?

But I thought our opinions hurt recruiting? Now you're telling me nobody cares about our opinions? Can you please clarify for all us twits how those two viewpoints coexist? Thx.

Sorry, go pay some adult to tell you what is, and how to think, I have neither the time nor the inclination to do so. Hint: The world is not made up of just one group.... :rolleyes:

Florida being favored over a team should tell you everything you need to know

Let's not become revisionists here. Again, I get a few of you cannot stand Mac and want him gone. UF was less than a field goal favorite in this game. The write up talks about it being an Iowa win. The video has it as a one point victory over Iowa. Iowa finished the season on fire with a blowout of Nebraska and a win over Michigan (remember them?). UF was banged up. There were plenty of folks on here expecting the worst and hoping for the best. Instead, UF blew them out with a great game. Again, I know you and a few others refuse to give him credit for coaching this team up, but give credit when it is due.

Reactions: instaGATOR
Exactly. Most of the national media was picking iowa and so were several people on this board inluding some on this thread.

Sorry, go pay some adult to tell you what is, and how to think, I have neither the time nor the inclination to do so. Hint: The world is not made up of just one group.... :rolleyes:

Dude it's YOUR viewpoint.

Why would someone else have to answer the questions posed to you?

What nonsense is that?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT