ADVERTISEMENT

Just when things couldn’t get any worse for UT...

It's Tennessee. IT CAN ALWAYS GET WORSE. They thought it was bad when they had Butch Jones coaching. Now many of them are actually considering that with Jeff Brohm turning them down, Lane Kiffin might actually be a good idea. UT FANS WANT LANE KIFFIN BACK THEY ARE SO DESPERATE.
He's basically already said he doesn't want it.

He's basically already said he doesn't want it.
That won't stop the most delusional fanbase on the planet from expecting him to come when they offer him. It doesn't matter what you think of Tennessee football or the offer, you should drop whatever you're doing and take the job to coach at Tennessee because it's the best job on the planet. Not even shaking god's hand is a bigger honor. -- that's about how I imagine these people feel. At least from my personal experiences with them.

Whoever takes that job better come in wearing one of those NASCAR Driver Flameproof suits.... :D

About 5th day in a row of progressively "getting worse"

f71.gif

Last edited:
So it's been reported that apparently UT boosters were contacting coaches behind the AD's back telling them the place was toxic and not to come. So they weren't getting turned down by all these coaches, the boosters were driving them away so they could get their own choice in there. What in the actual f*ck. Gotta thing Fulmer was behind all that.

He is now the new AD. Back stabbed Currie to get him fired just like he back stabbed Major to get the HC job back in the early 90s.

It just keeps getting better!

Phil better find a HC that owes him a favor and get him signed quick.

[Phillip Fulmer] is now the new AD. Back stabbed Currie to get him fired just like he back stabbed Major[s] to get the HC job back in the early 90s.
The situation at U.T. with its now-sexagenarian usurper Fulmer (U.T. h.c. 1992--2008) just screams for a video treatment by LSUFreek (if he's still around). I'm thinking darkly of a "Great Pumpkin" wielding a blood-dripping knife, as might be inspired by Tim Burton's Nightmare. Or a Gahan Wilson cartoon. But certainly not a place for Charles Schultz's Peanuts sentimentality.

So while everybody was blaming the fans it's coming out that they just got a effed up AD. Boosters reaching out to coaches telling them not to come, big politics, big alum like Manning signing off on who gets hired, etc. Crazy. Fans might be the sane ones.

https://www.seccountry.com/ten...thrones-meets-college-football

I just feel blessed we had a hand in this when Mullen told them he needed to talk to UF first.

The Mullen hire looks so good right now. Solid, steady hire who wants to be here while UT and FSU are absolutely broken right now

Currie was fired after he dealing with Mike Leach on the HC position and Fulmer derailed the whole deal. Now Currie is out and Fulmer is interim AD. Didn’t something happen with Fulmer sometime ago. It appears he purposely got Currie fired so he could take over AD position.

Currie was fired after he dealing with Mike Leach on the HC position and Fulmer derailed the whole deal. Now Currie is out and Fulmer is interim AD. Didn’t something happen with Fulmer sometime ago. It appears he purposely got Currie fired so he could take over AD position.
Yeah he filled in as interim HC while Majors were out due to an illness...and derailed him from returning.

I am really amazed this program is so dysfunctional. They have money, right? They have facilities on par with most everyone else, right? I'm pretty sure I could be acting AD for a week and get a good replacement in there.

I wouldn’t be the least but surprised if Fulmer hires some body that he can just walk all over and basically coach the team himself. That has always kind of been his MO

I am really amazed this program is so dysfunctional. They have money, right? They have facilities on par with most everyone else, right? I'm pretty sure I could be acting AD for a week and get a good replacement in there.

The story is that everytime Currie met with someone Fulmer and Peyton called boosters and told them to reject it. Once the Brohm hire was sabotaged I knew we were dealing with full dysfunction. And you cannot overlook how the Schiano hire was handled. They are getting exactly what they deserve for handling this all wothout an ounce of class

Reactions: PacoGator19
Not a good hire IMO but that was to be expected when your on your 10th guy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT