ADVERTISEMENT

Just when things couldn’t get any worse for UT...

This is a lesson in why leaders should not be so quick to cave to public pressure.

Other than McQueery's statement, is there any evidence that Schiano was involved in a cover up? The reaction seems excessive. If UT had just held their ground, the controversy would have probably died down by now. Panicking and kicking him to the curb made things far worse.
You are 100% correct.

Here is the count of how many coaches have turned them down in no particular order. I may have missed a few as well.

1. Gruden
2. Mullen
3. Schiano
4. Morris
5. Gundy
6. Cutcliffe
7. Cooter
8. Brohm

And still no tab at Norvell. Something fishy going on with him
He will not answer one single phone call from any school right now until the AAC game is over with.

I'm telling yall...don't believe me if you don't. He is a different type of animal. He is a meticulous work a holic and very perfectionist. He told his kids to focus on the task at hand and he will do the same...said this when the first tweet came out when McElwain got fired. He is holding up his end of the bargain.

The dude is a health nut and the dude is a work a holic. That's about all you will find wrong with him if you consider that wrong. Well besides the fact when he was 19 years old and a freshman in college he put corn rows in his hair. :rolleyes:

Reactions: sadgator
He will not answer one single phone call from any school right now until the AAC game is over with.

I'm telling yall...don't believe me if you don't. He is a different type of animal. He is a meticulous work a holic and very perfectionist. He told his kids to focus on the task at hand and he will do the same...said this when the first tweet came out when McElwain got fired. He is holding up his end of the bargain.

The dude is a health nut and the dude is a work a holic. That's about all you will find wrong with him if you consider that wrong. Well besides the fact when he was 19 years old and a freshman in college he put corn rows in his hair. :rolleyes:

I know you’re close to that program and really really like the guy, but you’re basically discounting the rumors that something isn’t checking out with him.

Sure, it’s one thing to not take phone calls yet, but it’s another to not be really mentioned as a candidate people are considering because of some sort of problem.

Here is the count of how many coaches have turned them down in no particular order. I may have missed a few as well.

1. Gruden
2. Mullen
3. Schiano
4. Morris
5. Gundy
6. Cutcliffe
7. Cooter
8. Brohm

They’ve also apparently contacted and had no luck with Chad Morris and Kevin’s Steele.

Looks like Doeren is the guy (unless he shoots them down too).

I know you’re close to that program and really really like the guy, but you’re basically discounting the rumors that something isn’t checking out with him.

Sure, it’s one thing to not take phone calls yet, but it’s another to not be really mentioned as a candidate people are considering because of some sort of problem.

I mean Frost has said the same things but his name still surfaced. Something just seems weird with ao little buzz around Norvell. And UT wouldn’t be running through candidates so quickly if they simply thought they needed to wait until Saturday to talk to Norvell. Something isn’t adding up

There could be but I have no idea what it is. I mean the dude is a different animal. It's rare but I seriously think the dude likes where he is for now. I know he will eventually leave but maybe he is waiting for the perfect job to open similar to the Boise State coach who went to Washington. I knew Fuente better than Norvell but I knew from the jump once Fuente turned things around he was gone. Norvell doesn't give that vibe. He is still hitting the recruiting trail hard and focusing on nothing but this weekend. Then again he may be 1/2 crazy and giving funky information to AD's that speak with him.

I do know he turned down other offers waiting on the Memphis job to open while at Az State. I think he knows he has a hell of a roster coming back. His offense will still be dynamic and with recruiting and injuries getting well his defense will improve.

Who knows but it's just not visible with the naked eye.

I mean Frost has said the same things but his name still surfaced. Something just seems weird with ao little buzz around Norvell. And UT wouldn’t be running through candidates so quickly if they simply thought they needed to wait until Saturday to talk to Norvell. Something isn’t adding up

It's a valid point but who can put their thumb on it? As I said with Danny... maybe he just wants to wait.

Frost is a totally different situation. His home is open and calling. Sometimes that's hard to turn down. I mean UT (and other openings) haven't made Frost a candidate either. Only pretty much UF which should be obvious since he is right down the interstate.

Who knows though. He does not show any crazy signs like disliked by his players. Hasn't shown any signs of shady recruiting tatics. Doesn't seem like a drunk. No red flags visible to the normal eye.

It has been rumored to be a legitimate reason that Norvell isn’t getting much play. I’m not going to repeat what it is, but if it’s true there will definitely be some AD’s that shy away. I suspect his alleged flaw will come out sooner or later. And it allegedly has nothing to do with hairstyles.

I’m not trying to be intentionally vague, but it could be total bs; so I’ll wait and see.

It's a valid point but who can put their thumb on it? As I said with Danny... maybe he just wants to wait.

Frost is a totally different situation. His home is open and calling. Sometimes that's hard to turn down. I mean UT (and other openings) haven't made Frost a candidate either. Only pretty much UF which should be obvious since he is right down the interstate.

Who knows though. He does not show any crazy signs like disliked by his players. Hasn't shown any signs of shady recruiting tatics. Doesn't seem like a drunk. No red flags visible to the normal eye.

Don’t get me wrong to me the guy seems like a young, energetic offensive genius and UF and Stricklin obviously had ties to Mullen and we probably needed an established HBC.

But when you hear red flags came up when someone tri d to clear him through the SEC and then two pretty obvious jobs in UT and ASU open up and no mention of him comes up it makes you wonder.

That said, I have heard he and/or his wife have ties to Arkansas and not a peep out of there since Beilema has been canned makes me wonder if that isn’t a done deal

Reactions: CompuGator
Don’t get me wrong to me the guy seems like a young, energetic offensive genius and UF and Stricklin obviously had ties to Mullen and we probably needed an established HBC.

But when you hear red flags came up when someone tri d to clear him through the SEC and then two pretty obvious jobs in UT and ASU open up and no mention of him comes up it makes you wonder.

That said, I have heard he and/or his wife have ties to Arkansas and not a peep out of there since Beilema has been canned makes me wonder if that isn’t a done deal

The silence out of Arkansas is interesting.

But then again I haven’t heard much about that job at all.

It has been rumored to be a legitimate reason that Norvell isn’t getting much play. I’m not going to repeat what it is, but if it’s true there will definitely be some AD’s that shy away. I suspect his alleged flaw will come out sooner or later. And it allegedly has nothing to do with hairstyles.

I’m not trying to be intentionally vague, but it could be total bs; so I’ll wait and see.

Yep.

Sometimes, you just gotta know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em, know when to walk away and know when to run.

They could be working something out behind close doors in the dark. Then again I seriously think they are waiting for Gus to be through with the SECCG, if he loses they offer instantly...if he wins they wait and see where AU stands in the playoff picture.

Interesting. Will watch to see how this plays out.

With a yes, no, or maybe and not having to spill too many beans...does it have something to do with the two players arrested this season? One was for armed robbery and one was for sexual harassment.

Well Sad, you didn't get this...

images

I gotta be honest, I'm holding out for Chip
(Question: Why is this in first person?)

But it still could be this...

06bfb81d445129215e74462841ebbc4a.jpg

Mullen has a decent rack

Definitely better than Tennessee's situation:

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:

1. Gruden
2. Mullen
3. Schiano
4. Morris
5. Gundy
6. Cutcliffe
7. Cooter
8. Brohm
9. Doeren

ESPN now reporting that Tennessee is talking to Kevin Sumlin! Holy moley, has there EVER been a more public spectacle of a coaching search?

Reactions: TennesseeGator

1. Gruden
2. Mullen
3. Schiano
4. Morris
5. Gundy
6. Cutcliffe
7. Cooter
8. Brohm
9. Doeren

Looks like he struck out with the junior high girls too. Might be time to visit the special ed school.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
These fools I know around me keep telling me Tennessee is a top 10 job. Talk about the money they have...the facilities...the stadium.

Shiney toys aren't all that's important when you have stupid bosses (administration) and ignorant customers (fans), and jackass investors (boosters) to deal with.

Top ten they say...I guess 1-9 include SMU, Duke, Purdue, Monday Night Football, NFL OC, NC State, Ohio State DC, FAU, and of course UF(being that Mullen quickly jumped on the opportunity).

1. Gruden
2. Mullen
3. Schiano
4. Morris
5. Gundy
6. Cutcliffe
7. Cooter
8. Brohm
9. Doeren

Add an asterisk for Jason Whitten...his name was brought up(not sure of the seriousness)but he wasted zero time shooting it down.

It's Tennessee. IT CAN ALWAYS GET WORSE. They thought it was bad when they had Butch Jones coaching. Now many of them are actually considering that with Jeff Brohm turning them down, Lane Kiffin might actually be a good idea. UT FANS WANT LANE KIFFIN BACK THEY ARE SO DESPERATE.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT