ADVERTISEMENT

GOP Presidential Candidate Wants To Shut Down The FBI

RayGravesGhost

Bull Gator
Jun 13, 2021
v
By this idiot's standard no government management should be employed for more than 8 years

We should turn over the managment levels of the FBI, Pentagon, SEC, NASA because the POTUS
is term limited to 8 years

I wonder if he thinks SCOTUS judges should only be allowed to serve 8 years also?

This is what passes for conservative thought nowadays... :rolleyes:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/presidential-candidate-vivek-ramaswamy-says-191106821.html
Presidential candidate Vivek Ramaswamy says he wants to 'shut down the FBI' and replace it with something that sounds a lot like the FBI

b6850e5c478b4f90aae199f5ced27610

• Vivek Ramaswamy, a 2024 GOP candidate, said he wants to shut down the FBI.
  • It was a "head-scratcher" for MSNBC's Chuck Todd, who spoke with Ramaswamy on Sunday.
  • Ramaswamy, an "anti-woke" biotech millionaire, has also suggested cutting other federal departments.

A relatively little-known Republican presidential candidate wants to shut down the FBI and replace it with a new bureau that sounds a lot like the FBI.

If you're confused about 2024 GOP candidate Vivek Ramaswamy's proposal, you're not alone.

MSNBC's Chuck Todd called Ramaswamy's plan to shutter the FBI "a bit of a head-scratcher for me" during an interview with the candidate on Sunday's "Meet the Press."

"I didn't say defund the FBI. I said shut down the FBI and replace it with something new," said Ramaswamy, an "anti-woke" biotech millionaire. "I think it's a new apparatus built from scratch that actually respects the law instead of making it up."

"So, you're going to replace the FBI with a new FBI?" Todd asked.

The candidate has also suggested shutting down the Department of Education, limiting the Federal Reserve, and sending US troops to the Mexican border, according to The Washington Post.

Last edited:
I think the FBI needs a thorough review to pin down what they're supposed to do and what they're actually doing. They should not be functioning as a political tool.

I think the FBI needs a thorough review to pin down what they're supposed to do and what they're actually doing. They should not be functioning as a political tool.

So how do you investigate political corruption without it being labeled "political" by the target of the
investigation?

Is it to have politicians more involved like donald trump has asked Jim Jordan to do and get involved in an
ongoing investigation?

Or would you prefer they say nothing before an election like trump's Russia investigation or Hunter Biden's laptop?

Or should they make public announcements just before an election like Hillary Clinton?

What does a "thorough review" actually mean? And who would conduct it?

Reactions: emekz1
Fire the top 30% of FBI mgmt. Move the FBI brass out of DC and run it out of remote parts of the country. If this doesnt work, get rid of it.

• Haha
Reactions: Mdfgator
Fire the top 30% of FBI mgmt. Move the FBI brass out of DC and run it out of remote parts of the country. If this doesnt work, get rid of it.

Do you have any clue what the FBI is responsible for?

What the hell would running it out of remote parts of the country do?

Getting rid of the Department of Education isn't such a bad idea. IT'S a boondoggle created by Jimmy Carter that panders to the national teacher unions.

v
By this idiot's standard no government management should be employed for more than 8 years

We should turn over the managment levels of the FBI, Pentagon, SEC, NASA because the POTUS
is term limited to 8 years

I wonder if he thinks SCOTUS judges should only be allowed to serve 8 years also?

This is what passes for conservative thought nowadays... :rolleyes:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/presidential-candidate-vivek-ramaswamy-says-191106821.html
Presidential candidate Vivek Ramaswamy says he wants to 'shut down the FBI' and replace it with something that sounds a lot like the FBI

b6850e5c478b4f90aae199f5ced27610

• Vivek Ramaswamy, a 2024 GOP candidate, said he wants to shut down the FBI.
  • It was a "head-scratcher" for MSNBC's Chuck Todd, who spoke with Ramaswamy on Sunday.
  • Ramaswamy, an "anti-woke" biotech millionaire, has also suggested cutting other federal departments.

A relatively little-known Republican presidential candidate wants to shut down the FBI and replace it with a new bureau that sounds a lot like the FBI.

If you're confused about 2024 GOP candidate Vivek Ramaswamy's proposal, you're not alone.

MSNBC's Chuck Todd called Ramaswamy's plan to shutter the FBI "a bit of a head-scratcher for me" during an interview with the candidate on Sunday's "Meet the Press."

"I didn't say defund the FBI. I said shut down the FBI and replace it with something new," said Ramaswamy, an "anti-woke" biotech millionaire. "I think it's a new apparatus built from scratch that actually respects the law instead of making it up."

"So, you're going to replace the FBI with a new FBI?" Todd asked.

The candidate has also suggested shutting down the Department of Education, limiting the Federal Reserve, and sending US troops to the Mexican border, according to The Washington Post.

The American people want some pay back Ray Ray

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT