ADVERTISEMENT

Gators/Rebs game day thread..

Florida players so much better than mississippi

Bears only chance with broken plays and Gator mistakes

and Gators have made several big ones already. Play it straight, grind this team

Gators have been pretty easy to run against so far, i would expect them to make those adjustments. With the safety out Ole miss picking on the new guy going deep. Kiffin is smart.

Reactions: TennesseeGator
one thing I hate that every Dline does is run upfield taking the easy path and the qb takes off running.

A lot of overpursuit against OM QB. That just leads to nobody in front of him and he scrambles for 10-20 yards. Grantham will make adjustments. Offense just needs to score on EVERY drive against their trash defense.

Still struggling with run blocking and this is supposedly a defense weak on that. I guess we will be winning with the passing game again this season.

WE're not even a half into a season with no spring ball etc - it's going to take more than 1 data point to know if the D is terrible all year lol.

The hand wringing is a big premature.

No question things will be sloppier for both teams

Just commenting on THIS game, yes some over pursuit

What does appear clear is overall Florida players are better. Missy good enough though to capitalize on more mistakes and in first game after weird off season there will be a ton

Reactions: gatorbuilderorlando
WE're not even a half into a season with no spring ball etc - it's going to take more than 1 data point to know if the D is terrible all year lol.

The hand wringing is a big premature.
Not so sure. I would think the offenses would be weak links, timing, precision, etc. It's just the opposite. Head scratcher.

Team reminds me a lot of last season though Trask and the passing may be even better this season. Defense at times and run blocking are issues again it appears.

That was a gorgeous drive to end the half. Beat this team and LOOK like the #5 team going into an unranked teams house with a new head coach and beat them solidly. Don't want to hear the crap commentators claiming we're not a top 10 team for half the year again this year like last.

Ventrell Miller is a beast. In just a half of football, he has officially taken over David Reese II's role from last year. He singlehandedly destroyed that Ole Miss drive.

241 yards passing for Trask in the FIRST half and up double the score on the first road game we've opened with in some 30+ years. Other than some shoddy tackling so far, I find it hard for anyone to really have much to gripe about right now.

Here's the thing - Ole Miss hasn't done anything to slow us down. We are WAY better and much more talented - sloppy D can get cleaned up. We'll win this running away and that's a big win for a first game.

Pretty pleased with Trask so far, and he's has had tons of time in the pocket in the first half. Hope the OL plays this well all season.

This is not an offense any defense would want to start the season opener playing. Too much movement and misdirection. I don’t think any defense would look good starting against a Lane Kiffen coached offense. No need to worry this will be great for coaches to use in the film room.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT