ADVERTISEMENT

Gator Baseball

Already down 3-0 to Vandy in the top of the 3rd. Faedo not looking sharp (2nd game in a row) and a throwing error by Hicks didn't help. With Rivera out for 4 weeks and the team just not hitting at all, things aren't looking good for the Gators.

Lost to Vandy 2-0 tonight. Only got 3 hits, Singer gets his first loss. Need to win Saturday.

We beat all the "good" higher ranked teams, lose series to unranked teams as natural as breathing, we are very lucky we didn't already lose this series, but if the bats are anywhere near the same as last night and giving up 11 hits im sure we will drop another series to another unranked team like UT...

Bats going wild today. We're up 15-6 in the 6th. Softball team got beat 5-1 at Kentucky earlier. They played terrible.

So now we are mimicking the Red Sox, either score 20 runs one day and do absolutely nothing the next day and have 3 hits tops...

We have a touchdown more of runs than we had in the football game in one game...

Won a close one over UNF tonight, 2-1. Schwartz & Guthrie had RBI's. 4 Gator pitchers did the job. Now for a huge 3-game series with the Gamecocks starting Thursday night. Hope Faedo is on this week.

Yea this series will definitely determine a super regional for Florida. Maybe even hosting a region.

Faedo was a stud going 8.2, striking out 9 and only giving up 3 hits in the Gators' 1-0 win to open the series against South Carolina. Byrne got the last out of the game for a save. Keenan Bell got the only RBI with a 2 out hit.

We needed him to go almost the entire game and 130 pitches again to win scoring one run... his arm is gonna fall off at some point with the pace we keep rolling him

We needed him to go almost the entire game and 130 pitches again to win scoring one run... his arm is gonna fall off at some point with the pace we keep rolling him

Nobody but Gator fans (some anyway) can suffer a win like they can....
(no truer words...) ;)

Reactions: TennesseeGator
who is suffering? what did i say that was even an opinion and not fact of what happened as has happened riding him longer than we should to win single games?

We're losing tonight 4-1 in the 7th. So much pressure on our weekend starters to be perfect because we just can't hit and score runs. Singer was a little off tonight, but only gave up 3 runs when Sully took him out with 101 pitches. We just don't have a reliable bullpen and this is the weakest hitting Gator team in probably 20 years.

Schwarz is approaching kasey hill levels of hurting us now... knew that was coming with a runner finally on again, they ground into more DP's than pablo fat sandoval

soon as the bases were loaded with nobody out, anyone could have told you what would happen with the Gators in these situations.. Never change

Schwarz is approaching kasey hill levels of hurting us now... knew that was coming with a runner finally on again, they ground into more DP's than pablo fat sandoval
And it's starting to affect his play in the field. Looking very shaky at 1st base.

If India & Rivera get healthy and they, plus Schwartz & Guthrie, get their hitting grooves back, we could be dangerous in the post season. The only regular guy hitting as well as he did last year is Maldanado. Of course Larson is well beyond what he did last year as a part time player. Great win today and with next weekend at Georgia, they have a chance to climb back into the SEC East race.

We are up to #9 in RPI. Unless we completely collapse, we are going to host a regional. Probably linked to Clemson. If we get really hot, we have a chance at a Super.

I would not have thought this two weeks ago.

I don't know if "really hot" is really in this lineups realm of possibility

Thinking about coming down for the 5/18,19,20 series. Can someone tell me what bar it is that has the hot ass wings on the other side of the football stadium. That place was fun. Hope it is still open because its been a while since I was there. Sorry I cant give more info to describe the place.

Then ironically the last time it happened almost a year ago, the same guy with the biggest struggles does it with the bases loaded.

Thinking about coming down for the 5/18,19,20 series. Can someone tell me what bar it is that has the hot ass wings on the other side of the football stadium. That place was fun. Hope it is still open because its been a while since I was there. Sorry I cant give more info to describe the place.
Maybe the Swamp?

Florida junior Alex Faedo was named SEC Pitcher of the Week on Monday for his 8.2 scoreless innings in the 1-0 win against then-No. 24 South Carolina last Thursday.

It’s the second time this season Faedo has won the honor, also earning the honor following his performance against Miami (8.2 IP, 0 R).

Faedo tied his career-long outing against the Gamecocks and allowed just three hits in the Gators’ win in the series opener. Florida has four 1-0 wins this season with three of them coming in starts by Faedo. He struck out nine and only allowed one runner to reach third base. Faedo (6-1) has a 2.47 earned run average. He leads the team with 77 strikeouts. In his career, Faedo is 25-5 (.833) — the best winning percentage in school history among pitchers with at least 20 decisions.

The No. 9 Gators (27-13, 10-8 SEC) are back in action this weekend with a three-game series at Georgia (16-25, 5-13), beginning Friday at 7 p.m.

We needed him to go almost the entire game and 130 pitches again to win scoring one run... his arm is gonna fall off at some point with the pace we keep rolling him[/QUOTE]

O'Sul went to the mound earlier to ask Faedo if he needed to come out.
Faedo asked to stay in, so apparently he didn't think that his own arm was in any danger of falling off. o_O

who is suffering? what did i say that was even an opinion and not fact of what happened as has happened riding him longer than we should to win single games?

You making it sound like O'Sul (or WE) is abusing him by forcing him to remain in games long past his serviceable time is just pure BS, when going by the observable facts. :cool:

Last edited:
Florida junior Alex Faedo was named SEC Pitcher of the Week on Monday for his 8.2 scoreless innings in the 1-0 win against then-No. 24 South Carolina last Thursday.

It’s the second time this season Faedo has won the honor, also earning the honor following his performance against Miami (8.2 IP, 0 R).

Faedo tied his career-long outing against the Gamecocks and allowed just three hits in the Gators’ win in the series opener. Florida has four 1-0 wins this season with three of them coming in starts by Faedo. He struck out nine and only allowed one runner to reach third base. Faedo (6-1) has a 2.47 earned run average. He leads the team with 77 strikeouts. In his career, Faedo is 25-5 (.833) — the best winning percentage in school history among pitchers with at least 20 decisions.

The No. 9 Gators (27-13, 10-8 SEC) are back in action this weekend with a three-game series at Georgia (16-25, 5-13), beginning Friday at 7 p.m.
We need a sweep this weekend.

Reactions: instaGATOR
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT